**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost rider, dormammu and void should be immune to coldsnap & frostbite.

Ghost rider, dormammu and void should be immune to coldsnap & frostbite. 56 votes

Yes
46%
WÏCKEDSnizzbaradqqedfyvrDarkrider05Primis00_fr3do_DanveerKarnaYouconfusedPanchulon21TheLegendKCGMCoC_fanKillerRino19cx23433Gustavo20XxLoganTDCxXBowTieJohnBlackJ4zzFhfjghhggggjfhfjgChuck_Norris_16Mbizz 26 votes
No
53%
GamerEb0ny-O-M4wGoose_81Timone147TrimbobPrimmer79TerraGQuantaoPatchie93Sixshot1OrcDovahkiinL10RocsPriyansh7Duke_SilverRaymundo86Dhaval_45ThesurvivlistBirdReynoldsJohn757Maldroit2 30 votes

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Kabam does this to keep fights fair. We need, or example, Wasp to able defeat Hulk, or Iceman to be able to defeat Ghost Rider. Champs have to have a few weaknesses.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    No
    They should not and they aren't
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    GR should be immune to incinerate by the way......
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 476 ★★★
    I understand the balancing part of the game, but if Iceman is immune to fire, then it does make sense to have fire champs immune to cold. Same with Iceman should be immune to frostbite/cold snap as well. This topic has come up way to many times on these forums already.

They are too busy working on new champs abilities that can't be countered by certain tactics, nullified or reverse healed. Just wait till they eventually release a champ that can nullify a nullify immune champ. It's going to get even more confusing.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I don't mind if they are, but that's up to kabam. No need to force it.
  • IamGROOT420IamGROOT420 Posts: 233
    Ya ghost rider is on fire how in the eff can he be incinerated
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    No
    Ya ghost rider is on fire how in the eff can he be incinerated

I'm not gonna discuss that again since you can just use the search option to find 100 threads on it, almost every single one of them answered.
    But to summarize, that isn't an excuse to make him incinerate immune
  • Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    No
    Incinerate, yes. Coldsnap, no
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Ch1efster wrote: »
    I understand the balancing part of the game, but if Iceman is immune to fire, then it does make sense to have fire champs immune to cold. Same with Iceman should be immune to frostbite/cold snap as well. This topic has come up way to many times on these forums already.

They are too busy working on new champs abilities that can't be countered by certain tactics, nullified or reverse healed. Just wait till they eventually release a champ that can nullify a nullify immune champ. It's going to get even more confusing.

Pokemon logic would dictate that this is almost always false. If X is immune to Y, Y is seldom immune to X. (Besides Ghost/Normal, maybe?). Grass/fire/water have a rock-paper-scissors thing going on. I would've said that fire melts ice. Fire still burns when it's cold, so long as it has fuel.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    I go with physics. Heat transfers. Iceman would suck the heat right out of em. So they should take dmg.
  • GritabitGritabit Posts: 46
    No
    I understand your logic, but I believe that the only other person who should currently become immune to coldsnap/frostbite is Iceman himself
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    solmyrair wrote: »
    GR should be immune to incinerate by the way......

And cold, bullets, punches, kicks, swords, laser beams, shuriken, bombs, electric shock, claws, and flying arrows.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    No
    No.

As seen here:
    https://astronaut.com/the-planet-of-burning-ice/

Gliese 436b is a planet of burning ice.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Gritabit wrote: »
    I understand your logic, but I believe that the only other person who should currently become immune to coldsnap/frostbite is Iceman himself

Iceman should be immune to cold, but the one form of cold Iceman should *not* be immune to is Iceman himself. That's because both logically** and canonically according to the comics, Iceman doesn't just generate low temperatures. The low temperatures are actually just a side effect of his true power which is transferring energy out of materials. This makes them cold, but that's just incidental. Iceman's powers should hurt Iceman even if Iceman is immune to the effects of cold because he probably isn't immune to the effects of something else, like another Iceman, sucking all of the energy out of his body.

** The comic books are really just following the logic surrounding Iceman's abilities: heat can only normally transfer so fast, so even if Iceman somehow generated temperatures near absolute zero around an object, that object would still take a long time to freeze solid because its own mass insulates itself from the cold. The only way for Iceman to do the things we see him do is if his super powers can remove kinetic energy from a substance almost instantaneously, which doesn't happen with just normal cooling. He has to be literally sucking the energy out of the things he freezes from the inside out, not just cooling them from the outside.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    No
    God they aren't literal burning fire they are both a mystical fire, GR specifically he'll fire and dormmamu idk but please do research and quit complaining