**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Today's update

Comments

• zorg29zorg29 Posts: 2
    Another proof (if we need it :( ), of kabam amateurism...
    They don't put an update for selected beta tester as mike said...
    They put an update for all people and they said (maybe) to beta tester to make the update !!!!

It's a big difference and explain why we have this **** version...

Please kabam, learn about software development...

I had the same problem as most of you (and i didn't ask to be a beta tester). Just uninstall the game and reinstall it...
    They have removed the update, so you will not have the problem.

Great job kabam development team... again and again... a pity
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    @Kabam Spice, please help us! I see you online!
    @Kabam Spice, @Kabam Loto, you are online. We need an answer here.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I guess we are just taking one for the team
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Symbiods in AQ see more aggressive
    Mcord11758 wrote: »

Then I don't wanna be on the team. Our idiot coach just throws us in there to get the **** kicked out of us over and over. We're all just taking turns getting screwed over. It's idiotic. I want out.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Then I don't wanna be on the team. Our idiot coach just throws us in there to get the **** kicked out of us over and over. We're all just taking turns getting screwed over. It's idiotic. I want out.

No you don't want out or you would not have created this sock puppet account after being banned.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

No you don't want out or you would not have created this sock puppet account after being banned.

What?
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    edited July 2017
    Three times froze at post fight animation (gear spinning).

In AQ map 5 the game is extremely choppy fighting Rhino. It is impossible to time block, parry, dex when he attacks. I lost 2 full Health champs fighing him with nodes down and only took off half Health.

At start of AQ I lost 90% vs symb using Rogue. The fight wasnt choppy like Rhinos but I couldn't block. Constantly got hit with combos when trying to block (not even trying to parry) .
    Got hit even holding block at start of fights.

*Day one of AQ i NEVER die before mini boss and NEVER all 3 at mini boss.
    Worst part is finding out about the beta update by searching forums AFTER using units on Level 3 team revive. Then died again, all 3. Used my team Revive and units on level 4 team Health. I used 7 items total.
    I have pixel XL. Not my phone.

If I had some notice before that I was testing I wouldn't have gone through units and items like that. The alliance expects you to clear same path as normal. I THOUGHT I was the issue until searching forums.
    I have NEVER asked for refunds before. Suffering from known issues is my risk. This situation is ridiculous!!!
    I want the units and pots used returned since this unannounced update went out.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    They will do nothing. They don't care
  • AngelLordAngelLord Posts: 62
    So my combat got better... Still fail to parry often, but evade is working again...for the most part ...Been able to keep a streak in arena now
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Zerophunk wrote: »
    I don't know what y'all are complaining about. I got the load screen for maybe 30 mins between fights. My lag and blocking has improved a little and parry is working just fine.
    I'm the only one in my alli with the update and have had no extra trouble with arena or in AQ.

Good for you. I have lagging issues that haven't corrected themselves yet. Worry about your account and leave the others alone.
    Kabam mods should have some common courtesy to give us something beyond that vague reply. Its insulting. Explain the beta and what its for. Should have sent the tester accounts some in-game messages with information. Basically giving certain players a handicap in the game.
  • KingKong666KingKong666 Posts: 48
    Had update 9 hrs ago - have restarted app multiple times - played most game modes - Still very laggy during fights and scrolling between menus, overall seems to be a much slower and less responsive.
    IGN King Kong 666 - Android - Samsung S5 -Neo
  • Viper013Viper013 Posts: 88
    Kabam tricked us to spend more units in aq and aw in the name of this update n4kpx2epvfmx.png

3do4e18q1mty.png
    Viper013 wrote: »
    Kabam tricked us to spend more units in aq and aw in the name of this update n4kpx2epvfmx.png

3do4e18q1mty.png

Good to see I'm not the only one missing parts of my screen. Ridiculous stuff.

The silence from the mods speaks for itself.
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    @Kabam Miike just one request, please dont send this update to me ever again without informing. The loading
    times are terrible and the game is UNplayable!!
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Shouldn't the Kabam employees be the first to test the update before it gets released to the unsuspecting players?
    Seems to be another YOLO incident, when somone from Kabam sent out a YOLO message and we all thought the game was hacked.

Also, why did they not ask people to sign up for it? I would have signed up for it for some conditions, 2 of them being extending the Web Slinger Challenge and Homecoming Quest just in case I can't play the game. That's just an idea I'm throwing out there.

My alliance was lucky to beta test AW. I miss the recalling button. I digress.

When (if at all) will we all get this update? Can we please get an idea of what the possible new feature is or was supposed to be? Will this update be given out to more people to test?
  • Viper013Viper013 Posts: 88
    Now after laggy gameplay and white boxes all over the screen, its time for infinite loading screen.
  • Jtegg007Jtegg007 Posts: 29
    Alright, with kabam mods not speaking up, let me try to help. 2 posts, the first to explain and the second to help.
    First, yea kabam **** up bad and that isn't any of your fault. Developing apps for iPhone can be a million times easier than doing so for Android. I've done both, but most my experience is in messing with the Android OS. basically, there's only about 10 Apple products to develop for and they all run almost the same version of iOS. Android, on the other hand, has about 500 devices, with 10 common manufactures, 4 common OS version and a sub versions for each carrier (yes, Verizon's S7 is literally different than At&t's S7)... I know that's confusing. But basically, my LG v20 has one OS version. My LG V10 has another. But my girlfriend's Samsung Note 4 is a totally different base OS, as she's on Android 6.0 still. And anyone on an htc is a totally different story, right? So kabam is trying to find the best "generic" way to make their app without having to make 800,000 versions every time they want to push a new feature. That's why we're here mixed results, the app works better for some and it's totally broken for others. It was fd up of them to push it late in the week and then abandon the players, but they really are trying to improve things...

Kabam mods: the play store as an option to opt in for beta testing. Your dev team needs to make use of it. If you're looking for specific devices to test on, you need to reach out to the player base via the forums or mail system and invite people. Forcing it on them makes you look worse as a company, which isn't something you want this late in the game. For the record, I'd be willing to beta test and give meaningful feedback with repeatable conditions, as I'm sure many others would. I have a n LG v20 & V10, a note 4 and iPhone 5.

On to the fix...
  • Jtegg007Jtegg007 Posts: 29
    If you want your old game back, you can give this a shot. It might get you through the weekend. I'm not in the beta test so I can't experiment with this myself but there's no reason for it not to work. This could be considered "advanced", so if you're not comfortable with it, don't do it. It's that simple.

1st: allow 3rd party apps: typically this is called something like "allow apps from unknown sources" and it's generally found in phone settings, under security. Just Google "enable unknown sources Android (your phone here)" and you should find a YouTube video.

2nd: launch contest and make sure your account is either linked to a Google play account or a kabam account. You can do this by going into the games settings. Top left of the home page. Click the gear. Click log in options. Then either register a kabam account or log in with Google. This ensures you can get your game back after we downgrade.

3rd: uninstall contest. Back in phone settings, under the app manager, find marvel contest of champions and uninstall it. Delete all data as well if it has that option.

4th: download mcoc v 14.0.0 from here:
    https://filetea.me/n3wxtpDrpE2Q2SqnLGXZRXNTA

5th: Install it, should drop itself in your downloads folder and you should be able to click it and have it launch. There may be a prompt about "are you sure you want to install this app from a 3rd party?" Just his yes.

6th: launch contest and log in. Game should be back to what it was last Monday. Enjoy.
    edited July 2017
    Nice to see the mods sneak in to close threads but can't have the common decency to answer this thread with more details. Forces players into beta testing but can't give us information. Disrespectful and Shady.
  • ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    Ok. Got my first bug since new update. Fighting mini boss in aq. Lost two champs when I usually breeze through. After second combo. Champs just stand there when specials are activated and take a beating. Evade and block are non existent. And champs are rushing in while holdiholding block
  • ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    Wray i am worried about my account. And my alli first and foremost
    Jtegg007 wrote: »
    If you want your old game back, you can give this a shot. It might get you through the weekend. I'm not in the beta test so I can't experiment with this myself but there's no reason for it not to work. This could be considered "advanced", so if you're not comfortable with it, don't do it. It's that simple.

1st: allow 3rd party apps: typically this is called something like "allow apps from unknown sources" and it's generally found in phone settings, under security. Just Google "enable unknown sources Android (your phone here)" and you should find a YouTube video.

2nd: launch contest and make sure your account is either linked to a Google play account or a kabam account. You can do this by going into the games settings. Top left of the home page. Click the gear. Click log in options. Then either register a kabam account or log in with Google. This ensures you can get your game back after we downgrade.

3rd: uninstall contest. Back in phone settings, under the app manager, find marvel contest of champions and uninstall it. Delete all data as well if it has that option.

5th: Install it, should drop itself in your downloads folder and you should be able to click it and have it launch. There may be a prompt about "are you sure you want to install this app from a 3rd party?" Just his yes.

6th: launch contest and log in. Game should be back to what it was last Monday. Enjoy.

3rd party app can be a violation of the ToS, I wouldn't risk getting banned for using it
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Jtegg007 wrote: »

3rd party app can be a violation of the ToS, I wouldn't risk getting banned for using it

Unfortunately, this could be true. Not sure if Kabam considers the DOWNLOAD from a third party to count as using a third part in-game. I've heard that they removed the update from the Play Store, though. Uninstalling it and reinstalling it may work to remove this update. Make sure you have a Kabam account or Google Play account synced up first. It's sad that Kabam has trashed the game so bad that we have to undo updates in order to play.
    Worst part is Mike dropped in on another thread today, they can obviously see what's going on but just don't have any decency to say anything at all
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Worst part is Mike dropped in on another thread today, they can obviously see what's going on but just don't have any decency to say anything at all

They don't wanna face the mob, but they're the ones who made us this way. In a way, I feel bad for the mods since they have to deal with the blowback from the Game Team's idiocy. But at the same time, they deserve all of it since they go out of their way to ignore us and not answer the hard questions that make them look bad.
  • Swati1111Swati1111 Posts: 5
    I understand mike kadam but resolve the issue the download is not finishing and my alliance needs me