**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Lack of good deals for f2p players

Look, I would never spend over $5 on this bs fiesta of a game, but it looks like all the good offers have been for pay to win players. It would be nice to throw us f2p players a bone once in a while and give us a good unit deal.

Comments

• Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Expensive deals are actually in favor of F2P player . One day u will understand this yourself
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 794 ★★★
    Cash deals keep the lights on at Kabam. I normally see 15k unit offers every quarter or so. Once act 6 drops you may be happy you saved some back.
  • Options
    Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    As a fellow F2P, the problem with your argument is that the only reason you can play this game for free is because of the people who spend money on it. I don’t think the cash offers are generally very good value at all, but even if you disagree and think they’re excellent, you still have no right to complain. The balance is good enough in this game that F2P players can still get the full experience and be competitive. Without the players who spend cash, that wouldn’t happen.
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    If you actually keep an eye on unit deals and cash deals that are for similar items, you’ll see a trend. The unit deals are almost always 3.5-4.5 times more expensive (if you were to simply buy the units with cash) than the straight up cash deals. Think of this as a surcharge. Yes, they are “more expensive” and seem like less of a bargain, but that’s because you can literally get them for free. Kabam gains absolutely nothing from you spending your units that you grinded for. There’s no profit for them, and they’re a company. They need to profit. You should be happy they give you the opportunity to get the same stuff as “pay to win” players without having to spend. They are not at all obligated to make those offers. They do so to drive customer engagement in the hope that you will eventually spend, or recruit others who will.
  • Options
    Jiren1234_Jiren1234_ Posts: 129
    @axelelf_1 why would you spend your money on a video game. There are so many other things that are worthwhile to spend your money on rather than a digital resource. It’s your money so whatever I guess.
  • Options
    @BirdReynolds I understand what your saying, but I would never spend money on this game so my time invested and units is all I have.
  • Options
    @Crazy_Jamie there will always be a huge gap between people who spend money on the game and people who don’t. They put out 5* and 6* shard deals that whales snatch up and progress faster than we ever could.
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    Play it at your own pace, why care what the whales buy and where their accounts are? Also, and I’m genuinely curious, if you think this game is such bs, why even play, or why even care enough to get bothered by the progression gap?
  • Options
    @BirdReynolds I don’t think the game is bs at all. I think it would be 100x better if Kabam was actually competent and fixed bugs properly like other game developers. I just think that the gap shouldn’t be this wide between the paying and other players.
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

@axelelf_1 why would you spend your money on a video game. There are so many other things that are worthwhile to spend your money on rather than a digital resource. It’s your money so whatever I guess.

Why do people spend money going to football games? Why do people spend money going to expensive restaurants? Why do people spend money on anything? Is that a serious question?

This game is my #1 hobby and I spend hours a day playing it. Why wouldn’t I spend money, especially if I have plenty of disposable income?
  • Options
    @axelelf_1 why do people do those things? Cause they want to enjoy quality food, maybe spend time with family. Same thing with avid football fans. Your number one hobby is this game? What do you not have a life? You’re spending money for a couple pieces of data for instant gratification.
  • Options
    @axelelf_1 there are some things worth spending money on, and some that are not. Putting additional money into a video game is okay to do once in a while. Calling a video game your number one hobby is sad.
  • Options

@axelelf_1 why do people do those things? Cause they want to enjoy quality food, maybe spend time with family. Same thing with avid football fans. Your number one hobby is this game? What do you not have a life? You’re spending money for a couple pieces of data for instant gratification.

Wow. Judgmental much? Your opinions on my life mean absolutely zero to me. Stay sweet.
  • Options
    @axelelf_1 I’m not judgemental at all. I’m genuinely wondering why this game is your number one hobby. Also there is a difference between opinion and fact, and it’s a fact that your life revolves completely around a video game. Nice arguing with you about a video game. I’m gonna go do something productive now.
  • Options
    @Haji_Saab I’m not against spending money on video games. I think it’s kinda stupid to repeatedly waste money on shards and units. I think that money could be better used.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike could we shut this thread down now? I feel like I’m getting a little heated.
  • Options

@axelelf_1 I’m not judgemental at all. I’m genuinely wondering why this game is your number one hobby. Also there is a difference between opinion and fact, and it’s a fact that your life revolves completely around a video game. Nice arguing with you about a video game. I’m gonna go do something productive now.

I have a family and a business. I have 2 spare hours at night. I play this game. Thus it's my number 1 hobby. My life doesn't revolve around it. Nice assumptions. You need to grow up and stop being a complete jerk.
  • Options
    @axelelf_1 sorry about coming off as rude and insensitive. I agree I made too many preliminary assumptions. Considering that face that I’m 16, I agree that I need to grow up and not be a complete jerk.
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

Look, I would never spend over $5 on this bs fiesta of a game, but it looks like all the good offers have been for pay to win players. It would be nice to throw us f2p players a bone once in a while and give us a good unit deal.

cpt marvel challenge. complete 1.4.
    3000 units for heaps of cats.

every 5mins there is some kinda unit deal.
    some suck, some are good
  • Options

how is it different to any other hobby?
    how is it different to people that play sport for a hobby?
    how is it different people that do woodwork for a hobby?
    you wouldnt pick on someone who reads for a hobby
    you wouldnt pick on someone who spends $200 at the pub for a night of fun.
    how is it different to someone who sees a new movie every day at the cinemas?

spending money on a game is spending money to spend time do something you enjoy.

• Options

@axelelf_1 sorry about coming off as rude and insensitive. I agree I made too many preliminary assumptions. Considering that face that I’m 16, I agree that I need to grow up and not be a complete jerk.

so u r just salty you are 16 and you dont have money to spend on video games.
    when you grow up.
    and start to adult.
    and start to have financial stability.
    then you realise that money comes and goes.
    sometimes you blow it on drinks, sometimes you blow it on food, sometimes you blow it on many many things.
    different people have different amounts of money.
    it is not up to you to judge anyone for spending it how they want.

i think spending $100 on 1 glass of wine is stupid.
    but of someone wants to... then good for them.....
  • Options
    its funny how people feel the desire to judge people for no reason.

i never get judged if i buy a pc game for $80.
    i never got judged when i spent $200 on booze at the pub. in fact a lot of peeps thought i was a champion.
    i got judged less when i used to spend $150 a week on ciggys.
    but whoa..... spend $20 in a mobile game... everybody pulls out the pitchforks.
  • Options
    @MattMan I still have money to spend on video games, I just choose not to. I use my money to either buy something useful or to put in my bank account.
  • Options
    @MattMan people who do those other things for a hobby are actually learning something. What life experience does this game give you? It’s nothing but temporary enjoyment. I’ve never seen someone call a game they really like their #1 hobby.
  • Options
    Just to be clear, I fly fish, read and listen to books, take my daughters boating on the lake, and do tons of other things. But I spend 2+ hours a day playing this game which is probably 5+ times more time than I spend on any other of my many activities. Thus, it's my number 1 hobby. I'd say a good 90% of the people on this forum could say the same.

I don't think you're understanding the word hobby. And to say people are learning something from all the other hobbies people spend money on is just silly. There's little difference in people spending on this hobby or any other. Just saying there is doesn't make it so.
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 471 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    I have happily spent when deals were reasonable and when my roster was able to improve predictably. Now the state of the game isn’t encouraging me to spend - over a year since Blade day and this new system of feature crystals has given me not a single champion of value - yet I have $300 in itunes credit specifically for Mcoc... if the old feature system was in place and I could have improved my roster based on intelligent usage of my resources, I’m certain I would have spent that $300 or more...
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,862 ★★★★
    So to sum it up...this game costs quite a lot of money to run....you spend nothing....but complain about the quality of it?
  • Options
    And looks down on anyone that does spend.