**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gather Intel in Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives

Comments

• DominanceDominance Posts: 2
    The only thing picks my interest was gamora's new awakening power, Still confuse who's much better. The new one or the previous one :neutral:
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I'm excited the update is only hours away! I will eventually Captain Marvel, but probably not opening weekend.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    DrZola said:

MaatMan said:

DrZola said:

Jemanji said:

Why is cap ww2 not in the avenger 1st week?

Because he wasn't an avenger back then. To be precise, the avengers didn't exist during ww2...
    While that makes some sense, I’m not sure you can rely on the timeline as we think we know it. There’s a fair amount of jumbling between the comic-verse and the MCU in game, and it only becomes more apparent when the hashtag system gets used extensively. If you consider Miike’s statement that SHIELD champs aren’t useable because Nick Fury already knows everything about them, then you’re left with quite a few questions:

Is this Nick from 1995, the year the new CM movie takes place? If so, then he’s looking for intel on a Peter Quill who was kidnapped by Yondu just 7 years prior and is likely still a teenage mascot for the Ravagers (and certainly not yet the illustrious Star-Prince). Likewise Gamora, who may have just had her first cybernetic implant as a present on her sweet sixteen from big daddy Thanos. And the AoU Vision? Well, he doesn’t exist yet. And in the MCU, Wanda Maximoff hasn’t met Strucker or any Infinity Stones. It goes on and on if you think about IWIM, Ragnarok Hulk and Thor...

What if this is the current Nick as we know him? He does have the eyepatch, so that’s a possibility. Then why is he looking for intel on Natasha, Clint, Steve? He doesn’t know about them yet? Ultron is yesterday’s news, so he shouldn’t be too worried there. In fact, all the Avengers ought to be well-known to him at this stage (as well as CM, who he met in 1995, who should be a later version of the Classic CM...oh, whatever).

Not trying to start a fight—I think it will be a great event, and I’m generally fine with the decision to exclude certain popular champs even if it puts some at a disadvantage (as long as the difficulty doesn’t approach recent top-end events like Variant and Maze).

But I don’t think there’s strict timeline adherence here—it is this way because the team says it is, period. And we can choose to play/like it or not. I tend to think I will like it.

Dr. Zola
    not gunna say too much cus not gunna give spoilers to the CM movie i just saw.
    but "Avengers Initiative" in the MCU does not start until after Fury works with CM in 1995.
    Thanks for no spoilers. Envious you’ve seen it already.

Dr. Zola
    It is great.
    I loved it.

I'm excited the update is only hours away! I will eventually Captain Marvel, but probably not opening weekend.

update already here
  • could we please get a list of every character in every tag group? @Kabam Miike

could we please get a list of every character in every tag group? @Kabam Miike

Actually read the thread before asking.

He already posted it.

And people have posted thier own images already.
    Its here already. Go back in this thread and you will find it
  • DrZola said:

Jemanji said:

Why is cap ww2 not in the avenger 1st week?

Because he wasn't an avenger back then. To be precise, the avengers didn't exist during ww2...
    While that makes some sense, I’m not sure you can rely on the timeline as we think we know it. There’s a fair amount of jumbling between the comic-verse and the MCU in game, and it only becomes more apparent when the hashtag system gets used extensively. If you consider Miike’s statement that SHIELD champs aren’t useable because Nick Fury already knows everything about them, then you’re left with quite a few questions:

Is this Nick from 1995, the year the new CM movie takes place? If so, then he’s looking for intel on a Peter Quill who was kidnapped by Yondu just 7 years prior and is likely still a teenage mascot for the Ravagers (and certainly not yet the illustrious Star-Prince). Likewise Gamora, who may have just had her first cybernetic implant as a present on her sweet sixteen from big daddy Thanos. And the AoU Vision? Well, he doesn’t exist yet. And in the MCU, Wanda Maximoff hasn’t met Strucker or any Infinity Stones. It goes on and on if you think about IWIM, Ragnarok Hulk and Thor...

What if this is the current Nick as we know him? He does have the eyepatch, so that’s a possibility. Then why is he looking for intel on Natasha, Clint, Steve? He doesn’t know about them yet? Ultron is yesterday’s news, so he shouldn’t be too worried there. In fact, all the Avengers ought to be well-known to him at this stage (as well as CM, who he met in 1995, who should be a later version of the Classic CM...oh, whatever).

Not trying to start a fight—I think it will be a great event, and I’m generally fine with the decision to exclude certain popular champs even if it puts some at a disadvantage (as long as the difficulty doesn’t approach recent top-end events like Variant and Maze).

But I don’t think there’s strict timeline adherence here—it is this way because the team says it is, period. And we can choose to play/like it or not. I tend to think I will like it.

Dr. Zola
    That actually makes a lot of sense!
  • MaatMan said:

could we please get a list of every character in every tag group? @Kabam Miike

Actually read the thread before asking.

He already posted it.

And people have posted thier own images already.
    Its here already. Go back in this thread and you will find it
    I just saw them I didn't think I would have enough time to read all of the replies and stuff so i was kind of hoping for someone to just tag me in the reply.
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    This quest looks great to me. Bonus points for all the Corvus try hards crying in the comments.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★

This quest looks great to me. Bonus points for all the Corvus try hards crying in the comments.

Well you can run any content with other champs so ease up on people complaining that there top champs can’t be used skillboy!

MaatMan said:

update already here
    Downloading the update now! Thank you!
  • Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    Will this be like gwenpool goes to the movies where we can get 2 star basic hero’s to help 100% complete the quest. Which would be unfair because people aren’t gonna have every single champion
    @Lucasjones_98 How did you change your picture to a Skrull?

• JCBRJCBR Posts: 43

Crkwest said:

Crkwest said:

RIP ghost rider and red hulk

What?
    Can't use them, they haven't got any of the tags
    So, because you can't use them in this specific request for the month...RIP. Don't want to use them in EQ? AQ? AW?
    This discussion is specifically for the Nick Fury event. Why incorporate EQ, AW AQ? He's basically talking about those champs unusable for this event alone.

anyone feeling very kind and wants to make a list of champs with these tags? 😅

I can do that. Here's week 1:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK PANTHER (CIVIL WAR)
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    CAPTAIN AMERICA (INFINITY WAR)
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    CYCLOPS (NEW XAVIER SCHOOL)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

Here's Week 3 (This one is the smallest Pool):

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (MILES MORALES)
    SPIDER-MAN (STARK ENHANCED)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU
    How come Vulture is not included with the Spider-verse, Siniser Six group?
    It ain't the classic Vulture. It's based on the MCU character and MCU has no sinister six, or not yet. Character Tags are based on what or how they are from where they are derived.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★

Some pretty big names left out of this event:
    Angela (Guardian?)
    Blade (Merc?)
    Voodoo
    Corvus
    Ghost
    Ghostrider
    Guilly
    Hela
    Hood
    Hype
    Killmonger (Merc?)
    Kingpin
    Korg
    Medusa
    Morningstar
    Punisher
    Quake
    Red Hulk
    Void
    Wasp

For me, this means 7 out of my top 11 champs are left on the bench. Will be using a bunch of 4/40, 3/45, and 5/50 champs for this one...

I was disappointed to learn that I can't use 6* Yondu in the Guardians map.

Crushtest said:

For those who like pics :-)

Why is there an IP in week 3?
    Tagged as Sinister Six.
    JCBR said:

Crkwest said:

Crkwest said:

RIP ghost rider and red hulk

What?
    Can't use them, they haven't got any of the tags
    So, because you can't use them in this specific request for the month...RIP. Don't want to use them in EQ? AQ? AW?
    This discussion is specifically for the Nick Fury event. Why incorporate EQ, AW AQ? He's basically talking about those champs unusable for this event alone.
    Why? Because "RIP" is a stupid way of putting it when you can't use them in one event for one month. Clear?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    JCBR said:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU
    It ain't the classic Vulture. It's based on the MCU character and MCU has no sinister six, or not yet. Character Tags are based on what or how they are from where they are derived.
    Actually, it’s pretty much based on whatever the game team wants.

As another example, Hulk Ragnarok is classed as an Avenger in game. Classic Hulk is a founding member of the Avengers in comics and movies, but there’s not a clear basis for including the gladiator version as an Avenger (maybe as a “Revenger”?). In Thor Ragnarok, he’s not really serving as an Avenger and has actually abandoned the team—likewise, if you are familiar with the comic storylines of Planet Hulk and WWHulk (where he’s in his gladiator garb), he’s really not operating as an Avenger either. If there’s another gladiator Hulk somewhere in any Avengers storyline, I don’t remember it.

So I’m fine just sticking with the answer “because the game says so”—trying to parse it all out is nigh impossible.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

JCBR said:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU

As another example, Hulk Ragnarok is classed as an Avenger in game. Classic Hulk is a founding member of the Avengers in comics and movies, but there’s not a clear basis for including the gladiator version as an Avenger (maybe as a “Revenger”?). In Thor Ragnarok, he’s not really serving as an Avenger and has actually abandoned the team—likewise, if you are familiar with the comic storylines of Planet Hulk and WWHulk (where he’s in his gladiator garb), he’s really not operating as an Avenger either. If there’s another gladiator Hulk somewhere in any Avengers storyline, I don’t remember it.

So I’m fine just sticking with the answer “because the game says so”—trying to parse it all out is nigh impossible.

Dr. Zola
    He's not serving as an Avenger in the movie but in the MCU Hulk and Gladiator Hulk are no different. Did you hear Hulk called WWHulk in the Movie? No. He's MCU Hulk whose outfit is inspired by the WWHulk storyline. If Gladiator Hulk was based on the comics, the tags would be different, but it's the exact same Hulk from the previous MCU appearances, and he is an official Avenger member. There is no such thing as "because the game says so". There is a solid reason behind every tag on every character. You just don't understand how they do it.
  • xRoosterxxRoosterx Posts: 26
    "For those that want to chase the 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal, you’ll need to complete every Difficulty of the event, and log in every day to claim your daily Intel from the Calendar! The Crystal costs 5000 Intel, and it’s only possible to get 5740 Intel from normal play."

this is confusing to me.. if it only costs 5000, and we can get 5740 from "normal" play - what does normal play mean
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xRoosterx said:

"For those that want to chase the 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal, you’ll need to complete every Difficulty of the event, and log in every day to claim your daily Intel from the Calendar! The Crystal costs 5000 Intel, and it’s only possible to get 5740 Intel from normal play."

this is confusing to me.. if it only costs 5000, and we can get 5740 from "normal" play - what does normal play mean

They are gonna sell intel in the store probably in unit deals
    that would be good - i just want the awakening gem crystal haha
    Given the character constraints concerned about completing epic difficulty every week..
  • This should be interesting. Looking forward to it.
  • Hey All,

Just wanted to give you a heads up! The team has just let me know that the Intel Store will not be available right at 10 am (when the event starts). But don't worry! It will be available in the next 90 minutes.

This is just a precaution we want to take to prevent any unnecessary issues that might arise at the very beginning of an event.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

Hey All,

Just wanted to give you a heads up! The team has just let me know that the Intel Store will not be available right at 10 am (when the event starts). But don't worry! It will be available in the next 90 minutes.

This is just a precaution we want to take to prevent any unnecessary issues that might arise at the very beginning of an event.

Liar! You fake Skrull Kabam Miike! Bring the real one back!
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    JCBR said:

DrZola said:

JCBR said:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU

Dr. Zola
    He's not serving as an Avenger in the movie but in the MCU Hulk and Gladiator Hulk are no different. Did you hear Hulk called WWHulk in the Movie? No. He's MCU Hulk whose outfit is inspired by the WWHulk storyline. If Gladiator Hulk was based on the comics, the tags would be different, but it's the exact same Hulk from the previous MCU appearances, and he is an official Avenger member. There is no such thing as "because the game says so". There is a solid reason behind every tag on every character. You just don't understand how they do it.
    Maybe I don’t.

I’m fine with whatever it is, but I don't find it as black-and-white as you do. If it were, for example, Yondu, who is a founding member of the classic GotG in comics and is pretty clearly a GotG in MCU GotG Vol.2 would be useable Week One.

And champs who haven’t been in a MCU movie? Not sure what the rule is there—She-Hulk comes to mind as a fairly regular member of the Avengers in the 1980’s (and later a member of the FF, but we aren’t there yet) and (if I recall correctly) a current team leader. Then there’s the team-jumping Beast...

Anyway, fun talk. Quest just went live so got to run.

Dr. Zola
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    So do the special FGMC contain only those champs? For example, if I get a Grandmaster Avengers Assemble Crystal, would I possibly get a Spider Gwen or Cable?
  • Mase1127Mase1127 Posts: 60 ★★
    Over the next 4 weeks, we will introduce 1 Quest per week with 5 different Difficulty Levels. Each of these Quests is only 2 paths, with a buffed up Boss at the end!

I just loaded the first day and the Chapter 1 of 4 of beginner has 6 paths. Am I missing something here @Kabam Miike ?