**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

As much as I disagree with the 5/6* champ requirement, I’ll just roll with it. Puts everyone on equal footing anyway. If you can’t use your 4*s and I can’t use mine, then it’s the same for you and me. No biggie.

Not the same thing at all considering people pull different champs at different rarities.
    Yeah I agree. I already mentioned that I’m against the 5/6* only champ requirement. But going forward, if that’s how it’s going to be for the whole of A6, then I guess I’ll just have to adapt and figure out ways to do it with my current 5/6* roster.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Markjv81 said:

MaatMan said:

Markjv81 said:

MaatMan said:

Markjv81 said:

MaatMan said:

i believe the 5* requirements are simple.

As the game progresses people are getting 4* like candy and can build up 4* roster easy.

i believe they want to intentionally add an artificial bottle neck to make it so only EXPERIENCED (iee. long time) summoners who have spent the time to build a large roster are the ones who can compete in it.

as newer players play for longer the rosters will grow and will be able to do this.

I’ve been here nearly 4 years but still don’t have 5* domino, Corvus, AA, iceman, void, aegon, symbiote supreme, ghost, sabretooth, gwenpool, venom the duck, carnage, heimdal that’s a huge junk of god tier champs that I can’t use for story content and why? Just because I’m unlucky? There’s literally nothing else I could have done to improve my 5/6* roster, I complete all solo content outside of LOL/variant/maze 100%, I do all dungeons, plat 3 AW all seasons etc
    understand that you may be missing alot of 5*.
    i understand RNG can affect people poorly.
    but i have no doubt you have a chunk of perfectly useful 5*.
    after 4 years you must.
    You’re correct I have a number of 5/6* champs that will be useful, simply highlighting how ridiculous it is that I can’t bring 4* r5 god tier but can bring r1 5* trash champs. If the reason behind no 4* is to limit synergy then simply turn them off, if the reason is because 4* aren’t strong enough then anything under r3 5* should also be banned also.

Eagerly awaiting kabams roughly our together explanation, that will more than likely pose more questions and confusion than answers.
    not saying i agree with and like this choice.
    but it is wat it is and i will deal with it.

just gotta move forward and plan how to do act 6 once we see it
    See that’s where you’re wrong, enough people voiced their displeasure about the AW start time and it was changed to suit, it appears the squeaky wheel gets the grease around here.
    its still not changed to a point where everyone is happy. a lot like myself still dont like it.
    but the change was much more drastic and made it impossible for some to work with. Now it is not ideal but managble.
    loader187 said:

Hey everybody,

We're seeing your concerns, and desire for more clarification on the Champion Requirements. We're going to write something up to clearly present our intentions with these requirements and their purpose. We don't want to create any more confusion, so we're going to take our time with this. We'll have something to give you insight into our intentions tomorrow.

If your not going to allow us to use 4* in act 6 than stop giving us free 2*. I would say 1% of the game players want a 2* for collecting purposes and most of us have enough 2* for your random arena 2* event. I could understand removing 1-3* for Act 6 but 4*. I know I would never use 1-3* in Act 6 but I would use 4* especially for synergies. some people even like to test their skills and try to beat quests with 3* characters just for fun. those same people are going to want to try with 4* now.
    so why stop giving them?
    i say more than 1% want them but so wat...
    if you dont want it sell it.
    there is absolutely no reason for them to stop giving it.
    it is a free gift for those who do want to collect it..
    just cus you dont want it dont tell them to stop giving it to me.

@MaatMan I dare you to take on act 6 with colossus, groot, and joe fixit.
    If you’re gonna say those things, back it up.

i wouldnt be able to i dont think.
    i know my limitations.
    but i am not the best player around.
    there may very well be some that copuld.

as i said skill would be the limiting factor.
    My Skill would not be great enough. or my wallet large enough for the potions required.
    but someone with enough skill / desire could.

all i said was the 4* limitation does nos not someone from doing this.
    skill does.

i honestly feel anyone who is truly ready for this end game level content of act 6 will have a roster that they are comfortable enough to use to work around this.

I dont like it 100%.
    but i will work with it.
    *also edited my previous post for accuracy.
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

Hey everybody,

We're seeing your concerns, and desire for more clarification on the Champion Requirements. We're going to write something up to clearly present our intentions with these requirements and their purpose. We don't want to create any more confusion, so we're going to take our time with this. We'll have something to give you insight into our intentions tomorrow.

Miike if this write up isn't absolutely eloquent expect a larger backlash then what you are already receiving. There is no way to guarantee that anyone can get a particular 5 or 6 star champion, not even arena since that only hands out a maximum of 300 5 star champions. Not to mention the other obstacles in the way of being in the top 150 such as game servers, device speed, roster size, boost utilization, refreshing champions, etc. I really don't see how any explanation could get around the gatekeeping occuring with the implementation of the rarity requirement.

For example; in Labyrinth of Legends to get the extended enrage timer you need to get a total of 2,000 attack rating. You can get that by combining different attack synergies and by using champions with a naturally higher base attack. But there is still a timer available for champions who's attack rating is below 2,000, allowing summoner's who have a suboptimal roster to still complete the content if they wish to do so.
    yes but you do not need a particular 5* or 6* champ.
    there is nothing stopping you from doing it with any 5* or 6* except your own skill.
    There's nothing stopping you, are you sure about that? What if you need poison immunity, bleed immunity? What if you need Gladiator Hulk for that dashing back causes degen node? There has always been a requirement to have champions with a specific utility, but you can't guarantee that you get them in a specific rarity.

So yes, there is something stopping your skill, it's your roster.
    collosus is bleed and poison immune.
    i would find it very hard to believe that someone at the level of act 6 has no 5* or 6* immune.
    the dashing back causes degen node. you dont need Gulk he is just one option, what about a regen champ? what about an ability accuracy reducer? there is more than one option.
    Is this a joke? Did Colossus undergo a buff that I didn't know about? *checks champion description* Oh no he didn't, he doesn't have poison immunity. Please, read the abilities of the champions you're going to use to justify this gatekeeping.
    yeah ok... my bad...
    but my point still stands....
    regardless of how bad you percieve a champ to be they.
    colossus is bleed immune, groot is bleed immune,joe fixit is poison immune... etc etc...
    Joe Fixit is not available as a 5 or 6 star champion. I'm not sure you made a point. Because people rank champions based on their utility, but you can't rank champions you don't have. There is no in game mechanic to guarantee you will get a champion that has the utility you need, especially if you restrict the rarity of the champions you can use.

MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

Hey everybody,

Miike if this write up isn't absolutely eloquent expect a larger backlash then what you are already receiving. There is no way to guarantee that anyone can get a particular 5 or 6 star champion, not even arena since that only hands out a maximum of 300 5 star champions. Not to mention the other obstacles in the way of being in the top 150 such as game servers, device speed, roster size, boost utilization, refreshing champions, etc. I really don't see how any explanation could get around the gatekeeping occuring with the implementation of the rarity requirement.

For example; in Labyrinth of Legends to get the extended enrage timer you need to get a total of 2,000 attack rating. You can get that by combining different attack synergies and by using champions with a naturally higher base attack. But there is still a timer available for champions who's attack rating is below 2,000, allowing summoner's who have a suboptimal roster to still complete the content if they wish to do so.
    yes but you do not need a particular 5* or 6* champ.
    there is nothing stopping you from doing it with any 5* or 6* except your own skill.
    There's nothing stopping you, are you sure about that? What if you need poison immunity, bleed immunity? What if you need Gladiator Hulk for that dashing back causes degen node? There has always been a requirement to have champions with a specific utility, but you can't guarantee that you get them in a specific rarity.

So yes, there is something stopping your skill, it's your roster.
    collosus is bleed and poison immune.
    i would find it very hard to believe that someone at the level of act 6 has no 5* or 6* immune.
    the dashing back causes degen node. you dont need Gulk he is just one option, what about a regen champ? what about an ability accuracy reducer? there is more than one option.
    Is this a joke? Did Colossus undergo a buff that I didn't know about? *checks champion description* Oh no he didn't, he doesn't have poison immunity. Please, read the abilities of the champions you're going to use to justify this gatekeeping.
    yeah ok... my bad...
    but my point still stands....
    regardless of how bad you percieve a champ to be they.
    colossus is bleed immune, groot is bleed immune,joe fixit is poison immune... etc etc...
    Joe Fixit is not available as a 5 or 6 star champion. I'm not sure you made a point. Because people rank champions based on their utility, but you can't rank champions you don't have. There is no in game mechanic to guarantee you will get a champion that has the utility you need, especially if you restrict the rarity of the champions you can use.
    i edited my post. just waiting for approval.

if you are at a progression point to do act 6 i have no doubt you can make it happen.

i dont like this 100% either as it removes options and flexibility but it is wat it is and i will deal with it and make it work.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

In recent months Kabam has stated that 4*’s are still going to remain relevant. So with Act 6 coming up I decided to diversify my roster by upgrading a lot more 4*’s than I normally would.
    Now I’m being told I can’t use 4*’s in Act 6.
    In other words it was a complete waste of my resources despite the message from Kabam that they will still be relevant.
    I need rank down tickets to rectify this so I can upgrade my 5* options instead.
    From my estimation there are 16 4*’s I have recently used resources on that I would not have if Kabam didn’t say they will be relevant.

Why did you rank them up first then?

They’re still very relevant for the bulk of the community that hasn’t 100% a5 or variant.

MaatMan said:

can some people complaingn they wont be able to do it show screenshots of their 5* and 6* rosters. will help see who can do it and is just complaining and who is honestly not able / ready for it.

Here is my top
    I know i can make it work if i have the skill.

You still don't seem to get it so let me put it this way, a 3/45 5 star has similar base stats to a 5/50 4 star. The 5 star would be allowed in Act 6.1 but the 4 star wouldn't. This is an arbitrary distinction being used to justify gatekeeping. It doesn't matter if my roster or your roster is able to handle a challenge; you can't guarantee that someone else will ever have the roster to be able to do it. People use 4 stars to fill in the gaps of their 5 star roster for attacking purposes and providing the synergy is there, lower rarity champions are also used for synergy purposes. This is not the same thing as not having a strong enough roster for the content, new players aren't expected to complete the harder difficulties in monthly quests, and they aren't even allowed to do them until they reach a certain level and have completed relevant content. But unlike leveling up the champions you do have and becoming uncollected, you can't just decide to have the champions you need for the proposed rarity gate in act 6.1.
    you dont get the point.
    its a progression gate.
    a player who has played for less than 12 months will struggle to have the roster.
    a player who has played for 1-2 should have and if not will be close to.
    and a player who has played for over 22 years really should have enough. if not they are a very casual player who is not looking to do endgame content.
    It is a gateway at the entry to END GAME CONTENT.
    if you are not up to it,
    come back when you have wat u need.

its not hard to get 5 decent 5* champs.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

SparkAlot said:

Kabam DK said:

BORN AGAIN
    Cavaliers will have access to a brand new Cavalier Crystal that guarantees at least a 3-Star Champion with a 38% chance at a 4-Star Champion, an 11% chance at a 5-Star Champions, and a rare 1% chance of a 6 Star Champion! These Crystals will be available for 200 units each.

Is this correct, or was this supposed to be published on April fools day?

If you don't allow any 4* champs in Act 6 (goodbye synergies!) to begin with, then, why are you offering a 3* or 4* champ once you complete Act 6 to get the Cavaliers title in those crystals?

It should be get a 5* or 6* or Awakening gem.
    Are you actually saying that completing Act 6 chapter 1 once should entitle you to buy 5* awakening gems for 200 units a piece? Because I see no other way to parse this post.
    I am saying they should remove 3* & 4* champs for obvious reasons, and replace them with T5B / T5C / T2A / 5* shards / 6* shards, awakening gems or whatever else.

Would make much more sense than offering 3* & 4* champs.
    trmecca said:

Trolls come to the forums just to brag... Like showing their colors by posting their roster which no one asked to see... make some life friends.. moving on...

The majority consensus is that restricting 4*s from being able to enter act 6 is unfair in the eyes of the community. Kabam, please give this another look. For a 5* r1 to be more "viable" or admissible than a 4*r5 is skewed.

ipost my roster.
    not to brag.
    my roster is meh.
    it is average for a long term player.
    my skill is also average.

i dont think it is the general concensus thatr this is wrong. i see a split in the community.
    i also know this was beta tested and made it through the beta test.

it is targeted at at endgame players.
    majority of nd game players will not have a problem with this.

a lvl 40 noob having a problem with this means nothing. it is not content for them.
    if they are are 3 year vet and still have a problem then its a different story.
  • Dean9300450Dean9300450 Posts: 85
    So we can 3* and 2*?
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    I’ve seen a few things and just wanted to check on the no retreat node will it only activate on a dex? If remove dex can it still trigger, so shallow evades and such? I absolutely hate this node and I haven’t even played it yet. The thought that trying to avoid a special or heavy is going to cost you a ton of damage one way or another is a joke. As for a lot of the members I feel like the star requirement is a cheap move to remove synergies. So many people will grind for a 3star or 4 star purely based on synergies. This is slap to anyone who has done that. As for the people throwing around how other should focus on team building it is literally impossible to do. I can focus on it all day long but I can’t go to the shelf with my 15k shards and buy a champ I need. Quit calling it team building and call it pure luck! I think the title end game is very fitting at the moment.

Important Question:
    Has there ever been any content that specifically banned lower tiered Champions?

Banning higher tiered champs makes sense because people with high tiered rosters will naturally have powerful champs at lower tiers. Conversely banning lower tiers is essentially like banning the vast majority of players from specific content. Of course there’s going to be backlash from the playerbase when you do this.

good idea.
    put a gate on act 3. no 4* and above. must be 3* and lower.
    put a gate on act 4. no 5* allowed.

same with monthly eq.
    beginner = no 3* and up
    normal = no 4* and up
    Heroic = no 5* or 6*
    Master = no 6*
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Important Question:
    Has there ever been any content that specifically banned lower tiered Champions?

Banning higher tiered champs makes sense because people with high tiered rosters will naturally have powerful champs at lower tiers. Conversely banning lower tiers is essentially like banning the vast majority of players from specific content. Of course there’s going to be backlash from the playerbase when you do this.

We caught a glimpse of it with Symbioid.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    One more note on the subject, were the beta testers only allowed to use 5 and 6 stars?
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Here is a proposition: let us bring in the 4* champions, at least for synergies, and prevent us using them by having a same mechanic that you used in labyrinth (the enrage timer).
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    benshb said:

Here is a proposition: let us bring in the 4* champions, at least for synergies, and prevent us using them by having a same mechanic that you used in labyrinth (the enrage timer).

4 stars are not prevented from use in Labyrinth, they have an enrage timer; they just don't have the longest available enrage timer.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

It is a gateway at the entry to END GAME CONTENT.
    if you are not up to it,
    come back when you have wat u need.

its not hard to get 5 decent 5* champs.

I'm OK with a gateway, just don't love this one. But Miike said they are going provide their reasons for this decision so I will reserve judgement until then.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    I imagine it’s simply put into place to stop instances like 5.4.6 ultron being beaten with 3/4* Loki. Stuff like that makes kabam look pretty silly.