**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★

nOux said:

axelelf_1 said:

I didn’t see a single good reason that justifies banning 4*s. It was all the expected rhetoric that boils down to.....money.

Apparently you didn't read the explanation then. Nothing mentioned had to do with money at all. It was a thorough explanation as to why they felt it was best to gate progress at that stage. It may not be what people want, but you can't say the explanation wasn't sufficient.
    If you can't see where it has to do with money you can't comprehend the things you read.

Their entire 'explanation' about previous gating was doing so based on summoner level, or PI or owning a specific character.... not about limiting a roster based on their star level. I say this as someone who has a pretty extensive five star library. It's a bogus call.

Still wondering where the money explanation comes into it? Fine, I'll help you out.... it was somewhere around "...it's a protective measure..." Protective for whom exactly? Us? No. Obviously not. They're sick and tired of us beating their content with four star characters so they push this to prevent exactly that. To sell more crystals hoping people will buy them and expand their five star roster to complete this content. Then they spit in our faces and provide us with a crystal that gives us useless characters and you ask for more.

I'm so glad that heroes were just released with amazing Wolverine synergies. To bad they're utterly useless now.
    No. It has nothing to do with money at all. That's a bitter response that's been around longer than I have, and it comes out whenever people don't like a decision they make. "Y'all are milking the whales. Money grubbing. Greedy.". All that translates to is, "We don't like what you're doing, so we're going to call you out.".
    Fortunately, I don't work for them, so I can put it more abruptly.
    They don't want people using 4*s. That's about as plain as it gets.
    If you read the explanation, there were a few reasons given. One of which was the quality of the experience. Meaning they don't want people having a bad experience. The other has to do with the target demographic. This content is aimed at people who have enough 5*s to do it, and enough Ranking to pull it off. Between Level 60 and Act 6 there are a whole range of different growth points, and for all intents and purposes, this is intended for a specific group of that range. Now, you could conjecture all types of reasons for that surrounding the dependency on Synergies, or trying to make money, but the bottom line is, it's not for people with a handful of 4*s and some OP Synergies.
    Now, as for why they feel comfortable doing it, they have explained that themselves, outlined how they have used similar gates in the past, and also went on to explain it's permanent, and there is ample time to prepare for it.
    The bottom line is, it's not for everyone. Although it IS for anyone who has done Act 5, and has 5*s, which let's be real here, is everyone who has done Act 5. You just won't be able to depend on 4*s, whether for use or Synergies. That's entirely possible to get around.
    It has nothing to do with money, and everything to do with the intended experience and level of challenge.
    This isn’t a non-profit company. Of course this move was made with financial consideration.
    So because it's a company that makes money, it's ONLY deciding factor in any decision is money? That's an incredibly jaded way of looking at things.
    No, the bottom line with this decision is not about money. If that was the case, they'd open it to 4*s and collect the bucks from Pots and Revs bought.

axelelf_1 said:

I didn’t see a single good reason that justifies banning 4*s. It was all the expected rhetoric that boils down to.....money.

Apparently you didn't read the explanation then. Nothing mentioned had to do with money at all. It was a thorough explanation as to why they felt it was best to gate progress at that stage. It may not be what people want, but you can't say the explanation wasn't sufficient.
    If you can't see where it has to do with money you can't comprehend the things you read.

Their entire 'explanation' about previous gating was doing so based on summoner level, or PI or owning a specific character.... not about limiting a roster based on their star level. I say this as someone who has a pretty extensive five star library. It's a bogus call.

Still wondering where the money explanation comes into it? Fine, I'll help you out.... it was somewhere around "...it's a protective measure..." Protective for whom exactly? Us? No. Obviously not. They're sick and tired of us beating their content with four star characters so they push this to prevent exactly that. To sell more crystals hoping people will buy them and expand their five star roster to complete this content. Then they spit in our faces and provide us with a crystal that gives us useless characters and you ask for more.

I'm so glad that heroes were just released with amazing Wolverine synergies. To bad they're utterly useless now.
    No. It has nothing to do with money at all. That's a bitter response that's been around longer than I have, and it comes out whenever people don't like a decision they make. "Y'all are milking the whales. Money grubbing. Greedy.". All that translates to is, "We don't like what you're doing, so we're going to call you out.".
    If you read the explanation, there were a few reasons given. One of which was the quality of the experience. Meaning they don't want people having a bad experience. The other has to do with the target demographic. This content is aimed at people who have enough 5*s to do it, and enough Ranking to pull it off. Between Level 60 and Act 6 there are a whole range of different growth points, and for all intents and purposes, this is intended for a specific group of that range. Now, you could conjecture all types of reasons for that surrounding the dependency on Synergies, or trying to make money, but the bottom line is, it's not for people with a handful of 4*s and some OP Synergies.
    Now, as for why they feel comfortable doing it, they have explained that themselves, outlined how they have used similar gates in the past, and also went on to explain it's permanent, and there is ample time to prepare for it.
    The bottom line is, it's not for everyone. Although it IS for anyone who has done Act 5, and has 5*s, which let's be real here, is everyone who has done Act 5. You just won't be able to depend on 4*s, whether for use or Synergies. That's entirely possible to get around.
    It has nothing to do with money, and everything to do with the intended experience and level of challenge.
    This isn’t a non-profit company. Of course this move was made with financial consideration.
    So because it's a company that makes money, it's ONLY deciding factor in any decision is money? That's an incredibly jaded way of looking at things.
    No, the bottom line with this decision is not about money. If that was the case, they'd open it to 4*s and collect the bucks from Pots and Revs bought.

But now you are forced to buy GMC on top of revives and potions.

Revenue is the main decision making factor in any compay from smallest to biggest. So all decisions are made in kabam is with one and only goal is how to make more money than they made before and its getting out of controll because they expect for everyone to whale out on gmc to get usable champions just to offer some 5* rank up offers on top of that little bit in the future.

Why are you forced to buy FGMC? You get Champs from playing the game.
    I'd like to do a Poll on how many 5*s and 6*s people have, that have Act 5 100%.
    I'm willing to bet they have more than enough to go into Act 6 with. They might not have the "God Tier Champs", but God forbid people think outside the box and look at other options. Lol.
    I have done act 5 100% with one r4 5* and rest of them were 4*.
    What you mean no one is forcing me to buy gmc, do u expect me to rank up champions like groot volture daredevil and such just to spend thousands of units on revives?
    I love elitist mind set “ ive got lucky and pulled good champions so you should aswell”
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    this to me highlights the problem with how kabam have sped up progression.
    people now get a 4/55 before thery even have 10 5*.
    they now get a 4/55 when they have like 100k rating.

the point is you can get lucky and have a few amazing high ranked champs in no time and blow through contnet.

but now you are stuck at a progression gate that only time to build a deep roster allows.

i am not saying wat kabam have done is right.
    i am just saying it highlights another bigger problem.

we have this situation rearing its head in a bad way now

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/746721#Comment_746721

people who have been playing for a shorter time and have no depth are going to be stuck unable to progress into act 6.
    is this the right choice by kabam? maybe, maybe not.
    but here we are atm.
    4 year veterans will have the roster easy to progress past this.
    but a 6month old newly elders bane highly skilled player will not.
    they will have thier top 10 champs and that is all.
    now need to slow down and build some depth.
    of course this will cause unrest and frustration.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    MaatMan said:

axelelf_1 said:

Of course it about money. How do you counter cold snap if you dont have a cold snap immune champ? I have almost 70 6/5* champs and no bleed immune at those rarities what happens when I encounter bio hazard or caltrops. What about aggressive regeneration without void or gully or a heal block champ (I also dont have one of those)? All of those fights are exponentially harder and more expensive (whether its potions or units) because RNGesus didn't bless you with the right champ 5/6* champ
    you are extremely unlucky if you have 70 5/6* but no bleed immune and for that i am sorry.
    also you have 70 champs and yet none with heal block.
    i find it hard to believe you fully here.
    but you may be right.

anyway if your luck is that bad how is money gunna help you? wat ur gunna spend $1000 for more of the same?
    i dont think so. i wouldnt.
    Well I do have star lord who has a random heal block. My point is i haven't had to spend because I had 4* champs to round out my roster.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    nOux said:

axelelf_1 said:

axelelf_1 said:

Revenue is the main decision making factor in any compay from smallest to biggest. So all decisions are made in kabam is with one and only goal is how to make more money than they made before and its getting out of controll because they expect for everyone to whale out on gmc to get usable champions just to offer some 5* rank up offers on top of that little bit in the future.

Of course revenue is the main factor, but how you go about making revenue is another story. Do you think it's possible that the dev teams primary job is to make a good game and not necessary to find ways to squeeze money out of the customer base? A good, healthy game will generate revenue. I know this is a reach, but it's entirely possible that Goggy was telling the truth and they believe this was best for the reasons he stated. Personally I disagree with the decision, but whatever.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

the point is you can get lucky and have a few amazing high ranked champs in no time and blow through contnet.

but now you are stuck at a progression gate that only time to build a deep roster allows.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/746721#Comment_746721

people who have been playing for a shorter time and have no depth are going to be stuck unable to progress into act 6.
    but here we are atm.

Agree with what you said. The progression for new players is too fast and they lack roster depth.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    All my hours I dreamed of a day, a moment when we got what we deserved. And I was always so disappointed. But now, they kill 4stars, and torture any unlucky soul that needs them for synergy and they call it progression. The universe has judged us. We asked it for a prize and it told us "No". We failed. And do you wanna know why? Because they love nothing. No one.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    One thing that stood out to me was that most of the examples were a level gate, here's a big idea, raise the GD level already and continue to use that as the gate. Sitting at level 60, is pointless after 2 years. But hey why not just kill 112 champs on my roster. Better yet, you guys should try to sell a bunch of champs that can't be used. Oh wait...
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

axelelf_1 said:

Act 6 isn't for everyone. True. It should be for people who have nothing to do in the game at least right? I know a ton of ally mates who have finished all content, yet don't have a lot of 5* due to continuously duping rubbish champs. Neither do they have a lot of the top champs as 5* due to RNG again. So they make do with 4* and clear content. That's an indication of skill. As someone has posted above, they have a lot of 5* champs, but not one good bleed immune. So they rely on 4* champs for such lanes. With everything else created and nothing more to do, end game players who haven't been blessed with good RNG continue to wait? And till when? Who knows when you get the pull you need as a 5* or a 6*.
    The only way to do so is then spend your entire time grinding arenas for the featured champ or then some will throw units and cash on deals offered.
    xNig said:

MaatMan said:

but here we are atm.

Agree with what you said. The progression for new players is too fast and they lack roster depth.
    I agree. But there is also the fact that Veterans may also not have the rosters to beat it all just due to RNG. That's my issue with removing 4*. Your roster depth determines what you're able to do. With 4*, if you were skilled, you could still get past hard content. Now you play the wait game till you get blessed with the champ needed as a 5* or a 6*.
    For those people who support it due to synergies being removed, that doesn't affect everyone. Lucky people will have the synergies as 5* champs too.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Sorry the forum crashed or something. I don’t agree in selling something without explaining it can’t be used or what situations it can be used.
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    what doesn't make sense is that every example you gave has to do with restricting content by the level someone is at which makes the content restricted for them. Now you are changing the game to prevent us from using our hard earned characters that we ranked up, purchased and grinded for so we could use certain synergies with them. Instead of taking our assets away from us you could of increased the level cap which we have been asking to have done.

"On the topic of tuning, that is our goal when using more stringent requirements in quests. Back Issues #1 used this explicitly with the Class requirements; we did this so we could build areas in each quest where lesser-used Champions could stand out--Hawkeye’s power drain capabilities in Chapter 1, Quest 1, for example--and be important for strategy where they normally would not. We’re aiming to do similar things in Back Issues #2, with a different approach. (More on that soon!)"

These back issue ideas just makes us spend resources on certain characters that we never planned on upgrading. You keep pushing the game to the whales and people that play 24/7.

The new people will never catch up with others especially when you make each part of act 6 9-10 paths. You are taking out 4* and making it longer. I dont think you guys have realized that it gets boring to do 9-10 paths. I would rather have the paths cost more energy and spend units or money on energy fills than spend more time on the same chapter/quests.

Gaining 5* takes forever unless you are a top alliance. When are you going to lower how many shards it takes to get a 5*? @Kabam Miike
  • ZimflamZimflam Posts: 9
    By "final episode in the elder saga" do you mean this is going to be the last act added to the game?
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    What makes being behind other players such a bad thing? Remember, this is a game. I've been playing since the week it came out, and my strongest are 5r2's. Feel free to look at my profile, KN1GH7-R1D3R. I have the title to prove it. Have I completed ROL? Nope. LOL? ROFL! 5.2? Nah. One of the most veteran players of the game, and I'm 'behind' most. I've taken my share of breaks from the game, sure. Especially its first year while Kabam was just getting the ball rolling. But I'm enjoying the game. Will I go Uncollected this year? Probably. But I'm in no rush. I'm building my collection, grinding the arena, playing around in the monthly events. I've taken all 74 of my 2*s to 3/30, and am now working on taking my 3*s to 4/40. I tried the alliance scene, even as 'low' as Gold 1 and a 3/3/4/4/4 schedule. Guess what, I already have a job - and I get paid, rather than having people cuss me out because I won't buy a revive to take another shot at a UC in AW. Act 6? Guess what, I'll be waiting until I have the roster to take it on. If you're getting stressed out over the game, it's not a game anymore. Think about that, and figure out what makes it a game to you. And why you're letting it be such a stress in your life that you're chewing out Kabam over a decision in their game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    nOux said:

nOux said:

axelelf_1 said:

axelelf_1 said:

I'd like to do a Poll on how many 5*s and 6*s people have, that have Act 5 100%.
    I'm willing to bet they have more than enough to go into Act 6 with. They might not have the "God Tier Champs", but God forbid people think outside the box and look at other options. Lol.
    What you mean no one is forcing me to buy gmc, do u expect me to rank up champions like groot volture daredevil and such just to spend thousands of units on revives?
    I love elitist mind set “ ive got lucky and pulled good champions so you should aswell”
    Who you Rank is up to you. What I would expect is for people to look at their available Roster and use whatever suits the job that they're working on the best, instead of sticking to a very specific and narrow shortlist of who is worth using. Apparently that expectation is too much.

nOux said:

nOux said:

axelelf_1 said:

axelelf_1 said:

Who you Rank is up to you. What I would expect is for people to look at their available Roster and use whatever suits the job that they're working on the best, instead of sticking to a very specific and narrow shortlist of who is worth using. Apparently that expectation is too much.
    The whole point is that my 4* are stronger than almost all of my 5*. Why i woud even have a slightest consideration of ranking up champions that have no use in game with low damage no immunity and no utility. From 30 5* i still did not manage to pull a single science champion i just keep on duping groot that is sig lvl 60 and same type of champions. My advice is if you were lucky enough to get good champions there is no need to be smug about it and give advices that does not do any good to anyone.
    I'm not sitting on a stellar Roster, but it's not horrible. I even used a Skill Gem on HE and took him to R4 because my pulls are hit-or-miss. The point I'm making is in order for Act 6 to exist, it has to be harder than Act 5. 4*s carried people through Act 5. They can't be expected to do the same for Act 6. Which means we either have to make do with what we have, or wait for something else to come along. Not the end of the world. It'll still be there. No one says people have to rush out and buy every Crystal that comes. You could, if you didn't have patience. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that out of an average of let's say, 30 or 40 5*s in someone's Roster, there's not something they can use to get started on it. Again, if people are waiting around for Corvus, Ghost, or Aegon, they could be using what they have in the meantime.
    nOux said:

I'm not sitting on a stellar Roster, but it's not horrible. I even used a Skill Gem on HE and took him to R4 because my pulls are hit-or-miss. The point I'm making is in order for Act 6 to exist, it has to be harder than Act 5. 4*s carried people through Act 5. They can't be expected to do the same for Act 6. Which means we either have to make do with what we have, or wait for something else to come along. Not the end of the world. It'll still be there. No one says people have to rush out and buy every Crystal that comes. You could, if you didn't have patience. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that out of an average of let's say, 30 or 40 5*s in someone's Roster, there's not something they can use to get started on it. Again, if people are waiting around for Corvus, Ghost, or Aegon, they could be using what they have in the meantime.

I used 4* in variant aswell so dont u start with your “act 6 is harder”
    And second if this 4* ban does not affect you why are you trying to ruin other peoples fun in game who game is affected?
    I'm not trying to ruin anything. It's not my decision. It was theirs, and they made it. It also affects me because I'm a Player. The same roadblock applies to me too.
    I'm trying to explain the situation. If you can take a 4* into Variant, then you should have no problems taking your 5*s into Act 6.
    nOux said:

nOux said:

axelelf_1 said:

axelelf_1 said:

Of course revenue is the main factor, but how you go about making revenue is another story. Do you think it's possible that the dev teams primary job is to make a good game and not necessary to find ways to squeeze money out of the customer base? A good, healthy game will generate revenue. I know this is a reach, but it's entirely possible that Goggy was telling the truth and they believe this was best for the reasons he stated. Personally I disagree with the decision, but whatever.

Devs have no say in financial aspect of the game, all of the financial scemes comes from up top and devs just implement the feutures
    So do you believe the decision to block 4*s came from on high and they are lying to us? I agree that the devs are not tasked with making money per se. That's why I don't think this decision was about making money.

nOux said:

And second if this 4* ban does not affect you why are you trying to ruin other peoples fun in game who game is affected?
    I'm not trying to ruin anything. It's not my decision. It was theirs, and they made it. It also affects me because I'm a Player. The same roadblock applies to me too.
    I'm trying to explain the situation. If you can take a 4* into Variant, then you should have no problems taking your 5*s into Act 6.
    I managed to take 4* to variant because they are still strong champions and they are much stronger than my 5* roster just as i said before, i dont know why i have to keep on repeating myself.
    Zimflam said:

By "final episode in the elder saga" do you mean this is going to be the last act added to the game?

No. It's just the last act of this story arc.
    nOux said:

nOux said:

I managed to take 4* to variant because they are still strong champions and they are much stronger than my 5* roster just as i said before, i dont know why i have to keep on repeating myself.
    There's literally a few Champs that aren't available as 5*s. If you have the skill to make it through Variant with 4* strong Champs, then you have the skill to make it through Act 6 with mediocre Champs. 100%. That's the point I was trying to make. People get so hung up on having the same Champs they don't see their own skill and ability to use others.
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    What is the point of challenger rating then? 4* champs have a disadvantage already built in to them, but we choose to use them for specific paths/encounters. Its our choice, regardless of synergies or how vast is your roster. Now kabam just blanket-nerfed them in one swoop. And once again all that time spent on 4* arenas and resources used on ranking them up, you know - to build our overall rosters. But nah....
    Why do u think they needed more than 24hours to make an explanation? If its was like it says they would have said it straight away