**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I miss using DOCTOR STRANGE. He never really fully recovered from that devastating NERF

13»

Comments

• KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    edited May 2017
    KoperBoy wrote: »

Again, we disagree on how good certain characters are. We need to refocus on the main point. I actually agree with you for the most part. Let's move on.

This topic is about nerfing Strange too much. With discussing on how good he was pre nerf and how bad he is right now, maybe we can show Kabam the middle ground. That's why I think discussing how good was Strange is on topic.

You disagree on how good certain characters are or were - if I understand you correctly, you want to tell me Wolverine is better than Strange pre-nerf? And you rate Strange top 12 pre nerf? Sorry, but that is simply not true and I'm not being subjective. If he was only Top 12, he wouldn't have needed the nerf.

He didn't need the nerf. Also, how can you call me subjective when I say that Wolverine is better, then say Doctor Strange is better? Um, yeah, all opinions are subjective, including yours. I think that Regeneration is the best buff in the game, and Wolverine has it better than anyone else. Yes, I think he's better. Many disagree, including you, but that doesn't make me wrong. You're saying that your opinion trumps mine, which is never true in any scenario.

Oh yes he needed the nerf, but not that severe.

Saying Strange is better than Wolvie is not subjective at all. Strange can do everything Wolvie can, and much more. Wolvie is just a dmg dealer and regenerator. Strange can do both.

Can Wolvie start a match at 350 life against Electro and come out of the match with full life?
    Can Wolvie survive most SP3s?
    Can Wolvie take 0 dmg when blocking?
    Can Wolvie counter or nullify any buffs from opponent?
    Can Wolvie prevent a buff from happening? (Fate seal from Strange)
    etc etc

Wolverine's Regeneration pops up randomly, while Strange's is predictable and reliable. That's why Strange's regeneration was better than Wolvie's, and if you value regeneration as the best buff in the game (I don't), then you should be on Strange's side.

Sorry, but wolvie can't hold a candle to Strange. Add the fact that Strange is a mystic and can benefit from MD, and the gap gets even larger.
    Once you are skilled enough, you don't have to rely on Strange's regeneration much unless you lose focus and get hit. His Armor up phase and weakness on SP2 were more useful for protecting him. I usually used regeneration only if I I timed out.
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    I agree with OP. Strange needs beefed up a bit. The new releases can easily p'own him hard. Majik is fine. Leave her alone.
    Nerf Spider-Gwen as she is op af.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★

Again, we disagree on how good certain characters are. We need to refocus on the main point. I actually agree with you for the most part. Let's move on.

This topic is about nerfing Strange too much. With discussing on how good he was pre nerf and how bad he is right now, maybe we can show Kabam the middle ground. That's why I think discussing how good was Strange is on topic.

You disagree on how good certain characters are or were - if I understand you correctly, you want to tell me Wolverine is better than Strange pre-nerf? And you rate Strange top 12 pre nerf? Sorry, but that is simply not true and I'm not being subjective. If he was only Top 12, he wouldn't have needed the nerf.

He didn't need the nerf. Also, how can you call me subjective when I say that Wolverine is better, then say Doctor Strange is better? Um, yeah, all opinions are subjective, including yours. I think that Regeneration is the best buff in the game, and Wolverine has it better than anyone else. Yes, I think he's better. Many disagree, including you, but that doesn't make me wrong. You're saying that your opinion trumps mine, which is never true in any scenario.

Saying Strange is better than Wolvie is not subjective at all. Strange can do everything Wolvie can, and much more. Wolvie is just a dmg dealer and regenerator. Strange can do both.

Can Wolvie start a match at 350 life against Electro and come out of the match with full life?
    etc etc

Wolverine's Regeneration pops up randomly, while Strange's is predictable and reliable. That's why Strange's regeneration was better than Wolvie's, and if you value regeneration as the best buff in the game (I don't), then you should be on Strange's side.

Sorry, but wolvie can't hold a candle to Strange. Add the fact that Strange is a mystic and can benefit from MD, and the gap gets even larger.
    Once you are skilled enough, you don't have to rely on Strange's regeneration much unless you lose focus and get hit. His Armor up phase and weakness on SP2 were more useful for protecting him. I usually used regeneration only if I I timed out.

Wolvy doesn't get down to that low of health because he regens by then. Listen, we have differing opinions. You are stating yours as fact, and you need to stop. And no, Strange didn't need a nerf. Even if he was in the top 5, the other champs with him didn't get the nerf, so why did he? Just put him back to where he was. He'll be great, but not the best. Even if he is the best, it won't be by a large margin.
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    I think the worst part about him is he doesn't make any sense. They left him the regen buff, but there is no significant health coming from it as a result. He'll loose more health through blocking a hit than he gains from his regen. How is that any useful? It's become more of an obstacle, because they could have given him some other buff instead. Increased critical rate or damage, penetration, evade - anything at this point would be a better buff than this insignificant regen. Plus he's weak.

He was widely used champ before, now there is no use for him whatsoever. He's far from self-sustainable and has low damage output and low durability. He's probably only still decent for war defence if one has lvl 4 or 5 MD. That's about it. Thor is still decent, Scarlet Witch also, Ultron can still pull his weight through a quest and is poison and bleed immune,, Dr. Strange can't get even close to them at this point, there is nothing about him to shout at me - use me for this, I'll be good here!
    Here's the main point:
    Doctor Strange was built with low base rating and great abilities. His abilities were made bad, but his base rating wasn't made any better. One of these needs to be good. Either restore his ability strength or make his base rating better. One of these needs to happen.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Here's the main point:
    Doctor Strange was built with low base rating and great abilities. His abilities were made bad, but his base rating wasn't made any better. One of these needs to be good. Either restore his ability strength or make his base rating better. One of these needs to happen.

I'm not sure that increasing his Rating would help. My opinion is that it's his Damage that's low.
    Here's the main point:

I believe we've established that his Ability Strength is not going to be returned to what it was. I don't see the Rating being a solution either. My opinion is that the output of Damage could be increased slightly. The rest is sustainable. He has smaller Regen and Power Gain, but not unreasonable given the combination of the two and the cycles. If he has somewhat better output on his Fury Cycle, it would make a difference.
    edited May 2017
    Here's the main point:

I'm not sure that increasing his Rating would help. My opinion is that it's his Damage that's low.
    Here's the main point:

I believe we've established that his Ability Strength is not going to be returned to what it was. I don't see the Rating being a solution either. My opinion is that the output of Damage could be increased slightly. The rest is sustainable. He has smaller Regen and Power Gain, but not unreasonable given the combination of the two and the cycles. If he has somewhat better output on his Fury Cycle, it would make a difference.

Base Rating is based on health and attack. To increase Rating, health and/or attacks need to be increased. This is what I meant. That's why characters like Wolverine has low Rating. He has low attack and low health. His strength lies in his Bleed and Regeneration, which are abilities, and do not effect Rating.
    Here's the main point:

Here's the main point:

Base Rating is based on health and attack. To increase Rating, health and/or attacks need to be increased. This is what I meant. That's why characters like Wolverine has low Rating. He has low attack and low health. His strength lies in his Bleed and Regeneration, which are abilities, and do not effect Rating.

What I'm saying is there would need to be an additional Buff somehow. Increasing PI (Base Stats) would do more than just increase the Damage. It's actually the other way around. PI is a reflection of Base Stats. They would have to increase the Base Stats themselves, rather than just the PI.
    Here's the main point:

Here's the main point:

What I'm saying is there would need to be an additional Buff somehow. Increasing PI (Base Stats) would do more than just increase the Damage. It's actually the other way around. PI is a reflection of Base Stats. They would have to increase the Base Stats themselves, rather than just the PI.

I know. That's what I'm trying to say. They have to correlate. To increase one, the other must increase. I think we're trying to disagree even though we agree, bud, lol.
    Here's the main point:

Here's the main point:

I know. That's what I'm trying to say. They have to correlate. To increase one, the other must increase. I think we're trying to disagree even though we agree, bud, lol.

No I wasn't disagreeing. Just clarifying which had to be altered to affect the other. All good.
    In any event, I really do feel a bit more Damage would make the rebalance alot less extreme. If it was on the Fury Cycle, it would be apt.
    Here's the main point:

Here's the main point:

No I wasn't disagreeing. Just clarifying which had to be altered to affect the other. All good.
    In any event, I really do feel a bit more Damage would make the rebalance alot less extreme. If it was on the Fury Cycle, it would be apt.

Okay, good. We're on the same page here. Yes, either the abilities or overall base rating needs increased to make him worth having.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★

etc etc

Wolvy doesn't get down to that low of health because he regens by then. Listen, we have differing opinions. You are stating yours as fact, and you need to stop. And no, Strange didn't need a nerf. Even if he was in the top 5, the other champs with him didn't get the nerf, so why did he? Just put him back to where he was. He'll be great, but not the best. Even if he is the best, it won't be by a large margin.

So you never took a heal block and poison path in AQ because your teammate died and you had to regenerate from almost 0?
    I listed things that Dr.S can do and Wolvie can't, those are facts. So Strange can do same stuff wolvie can, and much more, but somehow he's worse?
    He was top 5, and all other top 5 champs suffered the same faith as far as nerfs.
    Pre nerf Strange over wolvie - that choice makes anyone who was playing with him and is enough knowledgable about the game. Judging by your posts, you are neither.

etc etc

So you never took a heal block and poison path in AQ because your teammate died and you had to regenerate from almost 0?
    I listed things that Dr.S can do and Wolvie can't, those are facts. So Strange can do same stuff wolvie can, and much more, but somehow he's worse?
    He was top 5, and all other top 5 champs suffered the same faith as far as nerfs.
    Pre nerf Strange over wolvie - that choice makes anyone who was playing with him and is enough knowledgable about the game. Judging by your posts, you are neither.

Shut up. I think that Wolvy is better. This isn't a contest on who can come up with the best scenario for their character. It's also a fact that Wolvy doesn't have to land hits to Regenerate. It's a fact that Wolvy can inflict Bleed. It's a fact that in most instances, smart game-play allows you to avoid Heal Block. It's a fact that his Regeneration is possible at all times, not a third of the time. The list goes on and on. We can sit here debating this for hours, but it has nothing to do with the OP. The OP is that Strange sucks now, and he should be better. Stop trying to argue my opinion. It's NOT a fact that Strange is better than Wolvy. Shut up and leave if that's what you want to talk about.
  • jm_marveljm_marvel Posts: 4
    let it go, use different champs.

he's still an above average champ, there's just no compelling reason to use him now.
  • djmindblazerdjmindblazer Posts: 76
    strange was op as hell once they introduce him.then he got nerf like in all major update now hes not as garbage as joe fixit and still have some use in certain quest even in aq day1 maybe 2 but he's not even good champ below average. every cahmp which have regen used to have low health and base dmg and it was ok cause stranges regen was great his attack was great on fury phase and even other champs who had reg like wolvie x23 iron man etc each have base dmg and hp lower than others but its still ok cause their dmg depends on bleed as well so it was ok.now when we have strange nerfed as hell his regen is like beasts regen sadly his dmg output never was great and now its horrible low no matter what u do on fury pahse even armor break 3 does lower than5k dmg power gane 7 sec was not somethin gu can call op but evensow they nerfed it 9sec is horrible as well and overall he's like those champs which never go any further than rank3. kind of want to say he used to be kept as it was but still ok they nerf him 4th time ok but dont kill such great champ at last he needs base dmg increase base health increase health gane used to be increased r4 regens 171hp per hit and thats nothing like even if u mange to do full 10 hit combo its low as hell u get more dmg on block then u gane and about power gane i think 7 sec was good if something make it 8 sec.after 12.0.1 scarlet which is ok thor as well lord was anyway good and they kind of manage to make widow usefull again but for strange its unfair and hope they will fix that issue :)
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    This game sucks now. Been wanting DS for over 2 years now, and he's so worthless I won't even go for the (now relatively) cheap pickup. I could function fine without him before. Now he isn't even worth having.

And to think, that he's "too good" to be released as a 5* champion is wildly amusing.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    Doctor Strange is the mystic Luke Cage now and he SUCKS.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    edited May 2017
    DS was dependable and used to be able to adapt to any scenario. Ghost rider didn't really take over his role. Unlike DS who's ability is time based, GR's ability is luck dependent, as in when it doesn't proc, it doesn't proc. By putting his abilities into a chance type of ordeal means pots and revives are unavoidable.

Wolverine on the other hand..., is even worse. With the flat rate and challenge rating, against harder AI, can get into battle after battle with no regen or bleed.

To say to never get hit is easier said than done. With champs like jugg with 4.8 sec unstoppable, good luck evading 100%. With the evade issue, you are given two choices, block his attack, or attempt to evade his specials. If the evade doesn't register, the damage will be 10k +. Which goes back to pots and revives being necessary at times.

• No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    strange was op as hell once they introduce him.then he got nerf like in all major update now hes not as garbage as joe fixit and still have some use in certain quest even in aq day1 maybe 2 but he's not even good champ below average. every cahmp which have regen used to have low health and base dmg and it was ok cause stranges regen was great his attack was great on fury phase and even other champs who had reg like wolvie x23 iron man etc each have base dmg and hp lower than others but its still ok cause their dmg depends on bleed as well so it was ok.now when we have strange nerfed as hell his regen is like beasts regen sadly his dmg output never was great and now its horrible low no matter what u do on fury pahse even armor break 3 does lower than5k dmg power gane 7 sec was not somethin gu can call op but evensow they nerfed it 9sec is horrible as well and overall he's like those champs which never go any further than rank3. kind of want to say he used to be kept as it was but still ok they nerf him 4th time ok but dont kill such great champ at last he needs base dmg increase base health increase health gane used to be increased r4 regens 171hp per hit and thats nothing like even if u mange to do full 10 hit combo its low as hell u get more dmg on block then u gane and about power gane i think 7 sec was good if something make it 8 sec.after 12.0.1 scarlet which is ok thor as well lord was anyway good and they kind of manage to make widow usefull again but for strange its unfair and hope they will fix that issue :)

Hard to believe all of that was only 5 sentences. I applaud you for actually throwing some periods in there but at the rate you were going you might as well have just skipped them and just went with one massive run on sentence, LOL.
  • ClockworkGremlinClockworkGremlin Posts: 94
    Dr Strange is still collecting dust.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Welcome back old thread lol. Still waiting for them to make good on their promise that the nerfed champs, Strange in particular, would remain top champs post nerf.
    I believe we have a Necromancer. XD
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    He will never come back to his former glory just like he is in the EQ side story and just like in the comic.
    At least, out of those 3 different sources, he is the strongest in the comic now lol.
    In the EQ side story, he is nowhere to be found after the Infinity War event last year.
    In the comic, he was insanely powerful in the beginning to the point they had to tone him down. So powerful that his old self will see Thanos with all infinity stones just like a newborn baby; fragile.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Dr Strange is still collecting dust.

Godammit. Stop.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Go ahead and undo his nerf. I dont understand this belief that he would be too game breaking. Maybe back in the day but that was only healing. He was not an offensive beast for cutting through content. Have you seen the champs currently in the game. Domino can kill ROL Winter Soldier in 8 hits. Corvus and Proxima can do insane damage with missions. Blades healing and damage makes him better at what Dr. Strange used to do. My R3 5* CAPIW has hit 44k+ damage SP2 with 5 charges. Stark enhanced Spidey does insane damage too.

The list goes on and on. What this character used to do is average by today's standards. Go ahead and unnerf him and make him fun again.
  • Hey guys, we have no current plans to make changes to Doctor Strange. However, if you haven't already, please take a moment to share any improvement suggestions you may have for him in THIS discussion.
This discussion has been closed.