**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    pd187 said:

No. It has nothing to do with money at all.
    Did you think that 4*s were going to carry through the duration of the game? Act 7? A new EQ Difficulty? Who knows what's in the future? The game is not such that whatever you Rank will carry you through everything. It's built on continually Ranking to progress.
    It's one Quest that they're not allowing 4*s into. All of a sudden people are calling them obsolete and useless, and claiming they're just money-grubbing. If that isn't dramatic, I don't know what is.
    If they made people pay to enter the Quest, I'd see some validity in the argument of money. However, as the case is, it just means you can't use 4*s and have to use 5 and up. In one aspect of the game. You can use them everywhere else.

I know better than to feed you but...
    4*s are far easier to obtain than 5*s and 6*s. Depending on where you are in the game, they're nearly given out like candy. I'm "solidly" mid-tier (maybe upper mid-tier) and I still get at least 2-3 4*s a week, more when I want the basic since my 4* roster is capable of that. The rate that I get 5*s is not nearly as generous. I get one every 2 weeks, maybe every 3 weeks. Getting 6* shards is practically non-existent for me because the rate that I get 5*s, combined with the dilution of the basic pool, means that I dupe them at a less frequent rate than my 4*s, where I even get the max sig crystals from some of them, and I'm not Uncollected so that chops out the chance at most of them (I barely finish Master most months so I don't think I'd be doing much there anyway). Unless there is a 5* basic arena or a reduction to the cost of 5*s hero shard crystals, I don't really see a path to more 5*s.

4*s are far easier to rank up in comparison as well. You need far less resources (gold, basic catalysts, alphas, class catalysts) and once they're maxed, they can still hold their own if the person has skill.

Then there's Kabam's own words saying that future content would be tuned to 4*s. Guess they don't need to worry about that now since 4*s are banned from 6.1 (and probably 6.1+). You'd think a better progress gate would be beating Act 5 or 100% Act 5.

It is totally money grubbing. The timing of the crystal sale they have going on right now just backs it up even more.

"Need to replace that 4* that we only told you would be useless in the new content we're putting out next week? Buy these overpriced wonderful crystals with a minor chance at the champion you're looking to replace! Ignore the higher chance for you to get a 3* or 4* from it! Believe in RNGesus and he will shine his light upon you!"

Stop being so obtuse and contrarian.
    That's a great deal of sewing things together that aren't related at all.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    It is a shame they banned 4 stars but I stopped ranking 4 stars a long time ago because I knew the game was shifting towards 5 and 6 stars. I didn’t know that they where gonna ban the tho lol
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★

They NEED to make money. Part of what this roadblock does is it ensures they will continue to generate revenue well into the future.

As a business case this road block is a suicidal business model.
    I sincerely doubt this will be the death knell. There’s too many big spenders both above and below the group most affected by this.

axelelf_1 said:

All this talk about money, you don't need to spend. By the time you make it to Act 6, you have a decent amount of 5*s. Plain and simple. Reagrdless of whether you have all the best or not. If not, the whole roadblock idea is more sound because people are making it there with underdeveloped Accounts. Bottom line is, no one needs to spend. You get Champs from playing the game. The real issue is people want to do it the day it comes out, and don't want to wait. That's entirely possible. If you're sitting around waiting fot God Tier drops, then yes, you'll have to wait. Either way, all you need is 5*s and 6*s. The rest is just conjecture. Any Offer is just going to be attached to this with some anterior motive accusation.

Actually, no, that’s incorrect. I ranked my 4* max sig Morningstar, Ghulk, Guilly, and numerous others up because I know I won’t r4 their 5* version, especially unduped. Now I’m supposed to rank my 5*s up because of this restriction. I sunk a lot of freak’n resources into my 4*s. So, yeah, I’m pissed. It’s nothing but a cheap money grab because they decided they need bigger boats.

I have the roster for act 6: 3 r5s, 15 r4s, and 8 6*s. Doesn’t change the fact that this b.s. move has me edging closer to quitting than I’ve been since 12.0.

That’s just a silly and naive thing to say. It’s not ALL about money would be more accurate. You may enjoy defending everything that doesn’t negatively affect you, or play devils advocate, or whatever. But saying that a decision that causes some to choose to spend, and others to withhold their money or quit altogether, has nothing to do with money is ridiculous.
    If you can associate the decision to restrict 4*s directly and undeniably to money, I will retract my statement. Otherwise, it's not about money at all. It's about isolating the demographic.
    It’s a business decision by a business concerning their business. It is always and forever about money to some degree.

Also, certain words must trigger an authorization requirement? So I guess now I know? If this comment appears twice, that’s why.
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    @Lodock , I've had pretty bad 5* luck also. I'd think it fairly safe to assume that Act 6 is not intended to be beaten with a roster of 4* champs, however restricting based on rarity is not only arbitrary, but also illogical. If the goal is to ensure a mature roster, they should set a team PI. It would still be pretty arbitrary, but at least it would seem more fair (since players can chose team composition to meet that PI).
  • dijitaqdijitaq Posts: 23
    due to the restriction of allowing only 5* and 6* champs, kabam has relegated me to just playing monthly quests and arena.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

They NEED to make money. Part of what this roadblock does is it ensures they will continue to generate revenue well into the future.

As a business case this road block is a suicidal business model.
    I sincerely doubt this will be the death knell. There’s too many big spenders both above and below the group most affected by this.

axelelf_1 said:

All this talk about money, you don't need to spend. By the time you make it to Act 6, you have a decent amount of 5*s. Plain and simple. Reagrdless of whether you have all the best or not. If not, the whole roadblock idea is more sound because people are making it there with underdeveloped Accounts. Bottom line is, no one needs to spend. You get Champs from playing the game. The real issue is people want to do it the day it comes out, and don't want to wait. That's entirely possible. If you're sitting around waiting fot God Tier drops, then yes, you'll have to wait. Either way, all you need is 5*s and 6*s. The rest is just conjecture. Any Offer is just going to be attached to this with some anterior motive accusation.

Actually, no, that’s incorrect. I ranked my 4* max sig Morningstar, Ghulk, Guilly, and numerous others up because I know I won’t r4 their 5* version, especially unduped. Now I’m supposed to rank my 5*s up because of this restriction. I sunk a lot of freak’n resources into my 4*s. So, yeah, I’m pissed. It’s nothing but a cheap money grab because they decided they need bigger boats.

I have the roster for act 6: 3 r5s, 15 r4s, and 8 6*s. Doesn’t change the fact that this b.s. move has me edging closer to quitting than I’ve been since 12.0.

That’s just a silly and naive thing to say. It’s not ALL about money would be more accurate. You may enjoy defending everything that doesn’t negatively affect you, or play devils advocate, or whatever. But saying that a decision that causes some to choose to spend, and others to withhold their money or quit altogether, has nothing to do with money is ridiculous.
    If you can associate the decision to restrict 4*s directly and undeniably to money, I will retract my statement. Otherwise, it's not about money at all. It's about isolating the demographic.
    It’s a business decision by a business concerning their business. It is always and forever about money to some degree.

Also, certain words must trigger an authorization requirement? So I guess now I know? If this comment appears twice, that’s why.
    Not sure about the requirement. Occasionally it asks for Moderation. It's been like that since the Forum opened here.
    It is a business, yes. The end-goal is money. Within that business are many departments who focus on their job. In this case, the job is to create content with a certain goal in mind, and that's to provide a challenging experience for a very specific portion of the Player Base.
    The line of thinking from the Devs is not "How can we milk the most money?", it's more along the lines of, "How can we implement this feature best with its intended vision and maintain overall balance and progression within the current framework?". Paraphrasing, but that would be more the alignment.
    Just because it's a business doesn't mean that every decision is made with money in mind. That's not even the responsibility of the Devs.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

Campo4 said:

Campo4 said:

So I can bring a Rank 1 Level 1 unduped 5* Antman to Act 6, but I can't bring a 5/50 Sig 99 4* Archangel.

In all seriousness, @Kabam Miike would you guys consider gating it by challenger rating instead of star level/rarity?

i.e. 4* 5/50 and 5* 3/45 and above only?

My point is, you guys invented challenger rating to essentially say a 5/50 is the same power level as a 3/45. They take similar amount of catalysts to rank, and have similar stats. Yet the way you are gating Act 6 doesn't take this into consideration. You can bring an extremely low level 5*, but not your most powerful 4*.

I am personally not for any gating, however I think this would be a good compromise. It would be more about making sure players have the right roster for the job, and less about who is getting lucky with 5* pulls.

I like this. If you are going to gate it at all, gate the content to Challenge Rating >= 90 or 100.
    They aren't gating to power level of the champs, but rather (to oversimplify a lot) the effort required to acquire them. A 5/50 has similar strength to a 3/45, but the 3/45 is much harder to acquire.
    Not hard at all...38 minutes left to get that increased chance 5* Ghost just now. It’s only money.
    Shhh, don't tell anyone but I just snagged one of those crystals without having to spend money. However, it seems harder to get a 5* from them than you thought: mine only had a 3* in it. Maybe I need to try harder next time.
    On a side note, I’m not sure who is flagging our dialogue. But they likely don’t spend a lot of time on forums if either of these comments offended them.

Dr. Zola
    I'm sure you're aware but for the record whether I disagree with you or agree with you, I don't use flags to express disagreement. They aren't coming from me.
    And I didn’t think it was you, nor are your flags from me. Apparently someone is flag happy. If I flag, I tend to explain why in a post rather than hiding behind anonymity (except for the obvious flaggable post).

As for your points, I particularly liked the comment about “picking a fight” with the player base. Why the game team tends to think that is a good idea is something worth the whole community contemplating. Clearly, there’s not a lot of concern from Kabam.

Dr. Zola
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103

I just want to point this out, even though I know I’ll be burned at the stake for it.

Everyone complaining that this roadblock is a pure cash grab (it’s not, their other reasons are logical, though I don’t agree entirely with the implementation) and that it’s going to kill free to play players, Kabam is a company and this game is a product. They don’t make it purely because they love Marvel or out of unbridled kindness. They NEED to make money. Part of what this roadblock does is it ensures they will continue to generate revenue well into the future.
    And really, it doesn’t kill the free to play experience. Everything in this game has always been achievable for free, given the trade off of time for money. Yeah it will take longer and take more time in game grinding, but so what? You’re getting this deep, complex game entirely for free. There’s no content you have to pay to unlock, there’s no impenetrable paywall that other games have, potions and revives are easily farmable, as are champion crystals and rank up resources. Kabam has actually done a great job of allowing free players to progress compared to other games and developers.
    So people who pay can tackle newer and harder content a little sooner, so what? They pay for that opportunity.
    At the end of the day, they’re a business and they need to make money. There’s far more grimy, overtly cash grabby things they’ve done in the past. This one really isn’t that bad.
    And before I get burned alive, I’d like to reiterate that I’m not a huge fan of the 4* roadblock. But I get it and I’ll move on.

^This. Thank you, good sir.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Denzel116 said:

Alright I took a nap, Kabam. I have a list of demands to make this right by me....

1) Buff Magneto. I mean, he’s friggin MAGNETO. And no worries, I have him as a 5 star sooo....I guess I could look pass the whole “your precious 4 stars are just training wheels now” controversy.

2) send me a 6 star Gamora. C’mon, the entire community is distracted. Now is the best time to let me see what all this new Gamora hype is about. I promise I won’t tweet about it.

3) Send Decon at the UMCOC podcast a 5 star Aegon. He didn’t put me up to this, I just think I haven’t laughed so hard about his version of “Dave and Busters” in a while. Support the homie.

4) Give Stark Spidey an #Avengers tag. Did you not see Infinity War. He’s earned it.

5) Meme Crystal of the ABSOLUTE WORST 5 stars for 50 units a pop. If you wanna play hard ball since y’all are a business and need to make revenue I’ll go for....75. Might as well cut to the chase and fill my roster up with awakened Groots and Superior Ironman right? Plus you never know what a buff can do to a champ in the future.

6) Never again send me a 2 star ANYTHING. That’s like the little green leafy thing they put on the top of desserts. Complete unnecessary and just thrown to the side.

7) Mail me an arcade card of my 5 star Corvus, then hold a tournament at one of the Dave and Busters. All these content creators haven’t seen the likes of competition from a man fueled up on Cheeto puffs and boredom. I’ll take them all on.

8) ....and last on my demand list: don’t take any of the seriously. Unless you really do wanna send me another 6 star, I’m here arms wide open Creed style.

best laugh i have had reading this forum.
    thanks for the entertainment.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Yeah this hurts everyone except the very top of the player base. I've got a nice account and don't remember the last time I used 4* but shouldn't have them banned from act 6. If you can do it with 4* more power to you.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    dijitaq said:

due to the restriction of allowing only 5* and 6* champs, kabam has relegated me to just playing monthly quests and arena.

Have you done act 5 100%? Were you relegated to doing only those things prior to the release of Act 6 which hasn't even happened yet? @dijitaq
    @Colonaut123 it's Don Quixote. Not trying to be that guy but I like the book and while I don't usually post for spelling... Don Quichots? On two threads no less lol
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Tbh the ban isn’t a big deal. I don’t see anyone making noise about having to have wasted resources on their 3*s. 😂
    @xNig what about mid tier players who wouldn't be able to do this anyway but now won't be able to do this? What about them?!
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    TBH my biggest thought right now is not with this at all.
    but with the potential that cap marvel has to be unkillable.
    not sure exactly wat has to happen.
    but her sig gives her indestructible, power start.
    if you die when she has a bunch of charges she can start indestructible with insta unblockable SP1.
    this has the potential in war to be extremely destructive.

this is a much bigger concern that act 6 that doesn't exist yet.
    that i wouldn't wanna use 4* in anyway.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Its about synergies, no other explanation makes sense.

• Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Elders bane title is a fitting requirement to get into act 6
    Nothing else
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    xNig said:

Tbh the ban isn’t a big deal. I don’t see anyone making noise about having to have wasted resources on their 3*s. 😂

The ban is a big deal. Especially for someone like me who managed to complete act 5 largely due to my GR(4*) + Blade synergy, my 4* Loki that wrecked Act 5 Ultron & 4* SL that swept through RoL.
    4*s are still very viable for end game content as it stands.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

@Colonaut123 it's Don Quixote. Not trying to be that guy but I like the book and while I don't usually post for spelling... Don Quichots? On two threads no less lol

My bad, I'm Flemish and I wrote his name like in Dutch.
    edited March 2019

@xNig what about mid tier players who wouldn't be able to do this anyway but now won't be able to do this? What about them?!

Magic word bro, patience! Lol

xNig said:

The ban is a big deal. Especially for someone like me who managed to complete act 5 largely due to my GR(4*) + Blade synergy, my 4* Loki that wrecked Act 5 Ultron & 4* SL that swept through RoL.
    Lol you won’t wanna bring 4*s into A6 really.. the only use for them there is synergy. And it sounds like your roster isn’t developed enough yet.

Have you completed, or explored, A5? It makes a lot of difference.

xNig said:

Oh wait. I just remembered that you’re the guy who was whining about the Cpt Marvel challenge Chapter 2 being too difficult.

Forget my previous comment then.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

Lol at their anterior motive.