**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cable

Hi all, I have just joined the forums and I was wondering if I could have some advice about our favourite time-traveling Mutant - Cable!
I currently have his 4* at Rank 3 and unduped (I got him from the login crysyal) and I am thinking of going for him today so I can dupe him and thus unlock his awakened ability and also get him to r4. However, I am 10,935 Tier 4 Mutant Class Catalyst Fragments away from a R5.
Therefore, my question is, do you think he is worth the R5. Personally I love his combination of degeneration of opponents as well as his ability to regenerate himself. What do you guys think, I would love to hear your thoughts. Cheers, Jeeves_99

Comments

• PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I have him at R5. He's solid but not a game-changer for me. I have Rogue now and if I had a rank-down ticket I'd take him down without a second thought.

Forget about the regen, I've never noticed it or benefited from it. The degen is nice, but there's nothing on offence that Archangel wouldn't do 100 times better, or Iceman.

I took him to R5 because, at the time, he was my best mutant option, and he's a character I loved from the comics back in the 90s. I went with my heart instead of my head, but I always use my R5 Wolverine in place of him, he's always my second choice.
  • Jeeves_99Jeeves_99 Posts: 7
    Hi Palanthrax, thank you for your response.
    I also have archangel 4* however he is only R1 at the moment. I have found his bleeding, poison and neuro-toxin to be deadly especially in combination with one another. I understand that Iceman and Archangel are the better champs.
    One of my other reasons for getting Cable to rank 5 is because I also love the character despite not reading the comics.
    The fact that you would use a rank down ticket on your cable does however give me great insight into not getting him to R5. I suppose I can always wait for a better R5 especially given the fact that I still do not have one.
    Is Cable a worthy R4?
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Archangel R5 all the way, I wish I had him. Cable is a worthy R4, T4Bs aren't so hard to get these days.
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    If you love him and enjoy playing him then take him to R5. If your all about who is the best most powerful champ then don't. In the end, it is about having fun on your terms. I took my Gambit to R5 because I like him and have not regretted it.
  • Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    Some says his SP are very effective for Act 5.2.1 the node where SP damage are like 400%
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Cable is somewhat useful. But don't count on his regen or expect large damage output. His heavy is great and he has nice animations, but there are better options.

I have 5* R3 with mutant awakening and the cats to take him to R4, but I haven't yet. Hoping for another shot at Ice.