**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    arsjum said:

DrZola said:

This thread just needs to die Lol.🤣😂

Agreed. It’s an extremely unpopular decision with only the barest of justifications offered thus far.
    I doubt any of that is going to change regardless of how many posts show up in this thread. And as long as players dump resources into snowball’s-chance FGMCs, there’s no incentive to change anything.

Dr. Zola
    The only way Kabam can reconsider the decision on 4* restriction is if most people refuse to do Act 6.1 when it drops. But we know it won’t happen as the players will flock to conquering it. So, not only Kabam is going to ignore complaints here but the company is in a SAFE POSITION to do so!
    Ultimately, I think I could make peace with it if there were a meaningful change in the way 5*’s can be acquired. The suggestion of even more shards still subject to pRNG doesn’t effect meaningful change—there are more than a few anecdotal case studies of how that can play out disadvantageously.

Added arenas only work if the %ile pool is large enough AND the champs available are desirable. If you still have to put up 20-30M for a 5* basic HB you’ll never use in Act 6, it’s pointless.

Boss rush events suffer from the same issues related to pRNG: if they are structured like the last one in a way that heavily favors a handful of champs, it feels like just another penalty for bad pRNG. I have yet to see a special event crushable by an attack team of Stark Tech champs (sans IWIM) or SpiderVerse champs (sans Stark)—but that would be refreshing.

So there are ways to assuage the indignation over this decision. I suppose we will see whether they think that’s necessary.

Dr. Zola
  • Bfyffe28Bfyffe28 Posts: 41
    DrZola said:

arsjum said:

DrZola said:

Agreed. It’s an extremely unpopular decision with only the barest of justifications offered thus far.
    I doubt any of that is going to change regardless of how many posts show up in this thread. And as long as players dump resources into snowball’s-chance FGMCs, there’s no incentive to change anything.

Dr. Zola
    The only way Kabam can reconsider the decision on 4* restriction is if most people refuse to do Act 6.1 when it drops. But we know it won’t happen as the players will flock to conquering it. So, not only Kabam is going to ignore complaints here but the company is in a SAFE POSITION to do so!
    Ultimately, I think I could make peace with it if there were a meaningful change in the way 5*’s can be acquired. The suggestion of even more shards still subject to pRNG doesn’t effect meaningful change—there are more than a few anecdotal case studies of how that can play out disadvantageously.

Added arenas only work if the %ile pool is large enough AND the champs available are desirable. If you still have to put up 20-30M for a 5* basic HB you’ll never use in Act 6, it’s pointless.

Boss rush events suffer from the same issues related to pRNG: if they are structured like the last one in a way that heavily favors a handful of champs, it feels like just another penalty for bad pRNG. I have yet to see a special event crushable by an attack team of Stark Tech champs (sans IWIM) or SpiderVerse champs (sans Stark)—but that would be refreshing.

So there are ways to assuage the indignation over this decision. I suppose we will see whether they think that’s necessary.

Dr. Zola
    How would you feel if they brought back the old feature crystal but not for the brand new champs but something like they did with Blade? Maybe they could run it for a discount of 12k shards and that would let people at least zero in on specific champs and might not effect crystal sales to much. I know if they came out with an Omega Red crystal I’d be all in.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Bfyffe28 said:

DrZola said:

arsjum said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    How would you feel if they brought back the old feature crystal but not for the brand new champs but something like they did with Blade? Maybe they could run it for a discount of 12k shards and that would let people at least zero in on specific champs and might not effect crystal sales to much. I know if they came out with an Omega Red crystal I’d be all in.
    I think anything that gives the players more control over their roster and the way the play is a good thing. In my opinion, much of the sense of alienation derives from feeling at the mercy of pRNG.

So,,,yeah. I like the old system better I suppose. Implementing that with class 5* crystals would be great as well.

Dr. Zola
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    What can I do if RNG is always screwing me. I have 61 5*, most of them are duped, some have been duped multiple times. Yet, I don't have Sparky, Blade, Medusa, Symbiote Supreme, Ghost, OR, Hyperion...you get the idea. My best 5* are corvus, and cap iw. My 6* are Hela, Cap WW2, Juggz, Pyslocke, HE, and Jane Foster. I have tried featured crystals several times and never pulled any good champ. Il

With not allowing 4*, I have very limited options for Act 6. I know, one of the obvious option is to wait till you get the right champs but this is my progression in two years. The motivation is just going down if this keeps up.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @tkhan08 not much you can do but I'd keep saving for featured.

• tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★

Did that too. I am like 0-26 featured crystals.
    tkhan08 said:

Did that too. I am like 0-26 featured crystals.
    I have had mostly similar bad luck with periodic bursts of amazing luck. Went over 6 months last year without a single new champ I wanted to rank. But with as many 5*s as you have I still think the featured crystal is probably the way to go. Anyway, good luck. I've been closest to quitting the game when I've gone months and months without a single good pull.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Moises_H said:

xNig said:

Moises_H said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Tbh the ban isn’t a big deal. I don’t see anyone making noise about having to have wasted resources on their 3*s. 😂

The ban is a big deal. Especially for someone like me who managed to complete act 5 largely due to my GR(4*) + Blade synergy, my 4* Loki that wrecked Act 5 Ultron & 4* SL that swept through RoL.
    4*s are still very viable for end game content as it stands.
    Lol you won’t wanna bring 4*s into A6 really.. the only use for them there is synergy. And it sounds like your roster isn’t developed enough yet.

Have you completed, or explored, A5? It makes a lot of difference.
    I 100% act 5 with just 4* I can guarantee I’d be able to use them for non synergy purposes
    You’re a fresh Level 60 with 1 R5. A6 isn’t made for you.
    Are you looking at the pi of the champs 30k is easy so why isn’t it made for me enlighten me
    The fact that you’re complaining about it coupled with your account just says that you don’t have the roster depth for it.
    The fact is I’d have the skill to do it but due to not having the 4* I’m lacking a lot of the niche counters that’s my point
    Then wait for the champs. Tbh your account is underdeveloped even compared to both my secondary accounts, both of which also 100% A5 with 4*s.

In addition you’re not even in a competitive alliance (1.45k war rating). I don’t see why you cannot wait and develop your account more before even commenting on content that’s obviously not designed for you.
    What an absolutely arrogant thing to say. You’ve made a fool of yourself through this whole thread and because of that fact, this is the sort of response you resort to. You really should apologise and then just move into something else. It’s embarrassing
    Says the one who has not seen 6.1 yet. Lol. I’m the one giving you a reality check that your roster depth isn’t there yet.

Matter of fact is, A6 it’s permanent content and doesn’t have to be done NOW.

It’s not an EQ where you have a month to complete it and Kabam drops the bombshell only a week in advance.

As much as people say they have sunk resources into 4*s in preparation of A6, the fact that they are doing that, simply means their rosters’ depth for available champs to use in A6 isn’t up to par yet.

I’m F2P, have 5 R5s, 13 R4s, 6 6*s (3 are duped), 88 5*s and have stopped ranking 4*s since 5.4 was released (which I ran and gotten another Legends badge for).
    All this and yet your still embarrassing yourself on a forum for a game. Pretending you’re better than you are. Good show old chap.

Lol. Whatever makes you happy man. 😊
    @SlayerOfGods I posted after you wrote what you wrote but wasn’t really calling you out specifically. It’s more the overall tone and content of the responses throughout this and other threads. I also agree that it’s annoying when someone has strong opinions on content that’s above their experience. Just think some of the responses have crossed over into personal attacks and bullying and it’s left a bad taste in my mouth as it were. Maybe I’m being hypocritical as I’m not above the occasional insult when I feel it’s deserved but it feels like it’s gone too far to me.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

@SlayerOfGods I posted after you wrote what you wrote but wasn’t really calling you out specifically. It’s more the overall tone and content of the responses throughout this and other threads. I also agree that it’s annoying when someone has strong opinions on content that’s above their experience. Just think some of the responses have crossed over into personal attacks and bullying and it’s left a bad taste in my mouth as it were. Maybe I’m being hypocritical as I’m not above the occasional insult when I feel it’s deserved but it feels like it’s gone too far to me.

you are 100% correct.
    i dont agree with most of wat GW says but i find that personalt attacks just start to devalue arguments and opinions.
    when someone constantly attacks someone else it seems to devalue what they say.
    and when a thread becomes littered with it it devalues the entire msg.

and there is one common theme here.
    you have people saying just deal with it.
    and you have people saying it sucks we shouldnt have to.
    but.
    Atleast practically everyone agrees it is a bad idea.
    so regardless of deal with it or not, kabam needs to understand this.
    EVERYONE thinks it is a bad idea.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

I don't find how he can have much of a valid opinion when he's barely into Act 5 as it is. I'm also willing to bet @GroundedWisdom used 4* to get through Act 5. I'm not dissing, this just supports my argument.

I mostly use my 5*s now. I'm still using some 4*s, just because of the high Sig and utility, like AA, Hulk, Void, etc. For the most part, I have R3 and R4 5* options now, and I'll reach for my 5*s first. I understand why it affects what people are using. I'm just less bothered by it. I go into solution mode and start thinking of what can be used instead.

I don't find how he can have much of a valid opinion when he's barely into Act 5 as it is. I'm also willing to bet @GroundedWisdom used 4* to get through Act 5. I'm not dissing, this just supports my argument.

I mostly use my 5*s now. I'm still using some 4*s, just because of the high Sig and utility, like AA, Hulk, Void, etc. For the most part, I have R3 and R4 5* options now, and I'll reach for my 5*s first. I understand why it affects what people are using. I'm just less bothered by it. I go into solution mode and start thinking of what can be used instead.
    but it doesnt mean it is the best thing kabam could have done yeah?
    surely you agree they could have done something else?
    gated the content in an effective manner that would have been better.
    If they're skilled enough to take out Act 6 with 4*s, then I'm sure they're skilled enough to do it with R3 5*s. Some Synergies won't be used, fair enough. There are others that can be used with 5*s.
    They've decided to make this the gate people need to go through for Act 6. Not much can be done but look at solutions. We can't rely on 4*s indefinitely. We stopped using 3*s when Act 5 came. Actually, we stopped when we started Act 4, for the most part. If people want to make it mire challenging, try doing it with a 1/25 5*.
    MaatMan said:

Are there other options? Most likely. Are there other options that would make it as much of a challenging gate as they intended? Perhaps not. Think of how easy it is to Max Sig a 4*, which has equal CR to a 5*. Think of the Synergies. I mean when you think about it logically, the very reasons people are upset are what would make it alot easier to get through. At least that's what I can see from a detached point of view.
    edited March 2019
    MaatMan said:

If they're skilled enough to take out Act 6 with 4*s, then I'm sure they're skilled enough to do it with R3 5*s. Some Synergies won't be used, fair enough. There are others that can be used with 5*s.
    They've decided to make this the gate people need to go through for Act 6. Not much can be done but look at solutions. We can't rely on 4*s indefinitely. We stopped using 3*s when Act 5 came. Actually, we stopped when we started Act 4, for the most part. If people want to make it mire challenging, try doing it with a 1/25 5*.

you might be skilled enough to take it out with 4* CAIW, ICEMAN, AA, GR and SW for example.
    doesnt mean you cant take it out with 5* r3 HB, GAMBIT, COLOSSUS, AM, GROOT.
    so you may have the skill but if thats the best you got.
    the 4* roster there will far outshine those 5*. eveni if you ranked those 5* to r4 the 4* would still be my pick

There are more options than the troll pulls. Lol.

MaatMan said:

Are there other options? Most likely. Are there other options that would make it as much of a challenging gate as they intended? Perhaps not. Think of how easy it is to Max Sig a 4*, which has equal CR to a 5*. Think of the Synergies. I mean when you think about it logically, the very reasons people are upset are what would make it alot easier to get through. At least that's what I can see from a detached point of view.
    i agree with you on the part of deal with it.

but it doesnt mean kabam did the right thing. and stop trying to get others to agree with you that it is ok wat they did.
    it is not ok.
    should we deal with it? yes.
    but that doesnt make it right.
    edited March 2019

MaatMan said:

you might be skilled enough to take it out with 4* CAIW, ICEMAN, AA, GR and SW for example.
    the 4* roster there will far outshine those 5*. eveni if you ranked those 5* to r4 the 4* would still be my pick

maybe, maybe not.
    that may very well be exactly how someones roster looks.
    you dont know that noone has a roster like that.
    MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

but it doesnt mean kabam did the right thing. and stop trying to get others to agree with you that it is ok wat they did.
    it is not ok.
    I never told anyone to think it was a good thing at all. I never said anything along the lines of good or bad. I'm looking at it with reasoning.
    edited March 2019
    MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

maybe, maybe not.
    If they're starting Act 6 and they only have the 5 worst options, that would be some curious RNG. Unless they're not playing much at all. I'm venturing the average Roster at that stage is between 30-50 5*s.

MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

it is not ok.
    I never told anyone to think it was a good thing at all. I never said anything along the lines of good or bad. I'm looking at it with reasoning.
    but you keep arguing against others voicing their opinions and frustrations.
    let people voice their opinions.
    let them air their frustrations.
    they are entitled to do that.

MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

maybe, maybe not.
    If they're starting Act 6 and they only have the 5 worst options, that would be some curious RNG. Unless they're not playing much at all. I'm venturing the average Roster at thay stage is between 30-50 5*s.
    50 5*? i know many people wit h about 20 5* who are 100% act 5
    and maybe they have a good one or two if lucky.
    MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

MaatMan said:

it is not ok.
    but you keep arguing against others voicing their opinions and frustrations.
    let people voice their opinions.
    let them air their frustrations.
    they are entitled to do that.
    I'm not stopping anyone from speaking. I just don't have to agree with assertions like it's all just for money, or 4*s are useless, or there are no other ways to do it, or it doesn't allow for skill. I'm debating facts. Not feelings.
    I think you're the one being argumentative in this instance.