**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Gsmasher said:

Gsmasher said:

xNig said:

Gsmasher said:

Really Kabam! No 4* champs in act 6? My best champs are 4*s. I don't have many 5*s. I don't have any 6*s. Kabam, you are losing your game.

For a moment, did you stop to think whether you’re ready to tackle A6 with that roster of yours?
    Yes, I thought about it and I was ready to take on act 6.
    If you only have a few 5*s it’s very unlikely that you are ready for Act 6. That’s why they decided to put up a gate...
    Well, the game is called Contest of Champions not Contest of 5 and 6
    Oh right. If only I had remembered what it was called... if you were doing the kind of content which would make you ready for act 6 you’d have more than a few 5*s.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    i saw people linking seatins video and wat not.
    how come noone linke Dorky Daves video???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IAMN-SpBbk

the guy is on point,
    not for it, but not against it.
    also how hes says thing like "fine, give us more 6* shards"
    and "4* will still be useful everywhere else outside of act 6.

As usual i love the way dave looks at, sees, and analyizes the situation.
    very open minded and aknowledging the bad whilst also trying to see the good and the way forward.
    and before anyone wants to say he always agrees and sides with kabam, listen to all his videos, check out the many things he does complain about.
    also check out this video released the very next day in response to the deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeefUmkOC3o
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    MaatMan said:

the guy is on point,

very open minded and aknowledging the bad whilst also trying to see the good and the way forward.

he also said in a comment that these types of announcements regarding gates and act 6 should have been done a months and months ago. doing it a week before releasing something is catching everyone off guard plus unfair to those who have invested in 4*
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

the guy is on point,

Miike shared it earlier. I agree, though. Dave's cool.

MaatMan said:

the guy is on point,

must have missed that one.
    edited March 2019

MaatMan said:

the guy is on point,

Scratch that. Miike shared Dave's Vid on 6.1. My bad. Scrolled too fast. Wouldn't even make sense for Miike to share that. Lol.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx said:

MaatMan said:

the guy is on point,

he also said in a comment that these types of announcements regarding gates and act 6 should have been done a months and months ago. doing it a week before releasing something is catching everyone off guard plus unfair to those who have invested in 4*
    I agree with you. However, let’s look at this objectively.

Jan 10th was the start of a 2 week beta for 6.1.

This means that the end of the beta was Jan 24th, give or take 3 days for the testers to send their feedback in and for Kabam to collate the them.

Add in one week or so for the development team to read through ALL the feedback (trust me, it’s a lot of feedback to go through), have meetingns to discuss what changes should be made, then make the actual changes.

Add another week to play through, fine tune the numbers and decide on the finished product. So we are looking at roughly second to third week of Feb that 6.1 was finally done and all details confirmed.

As much as the timings of the announcement on the ban of 4*s could have been earlier, I suspect there wasn’t much wiggle room for it esp if they wanted all details to be confirmed before the announcement.

Overall, this is a shocking disgrace. The few that choose to support kabam on this have no right to as this is an obvious disgrace. Kabam, yet again fails to except their mistakes by avoiding questions and points made by the community. I feel, what was first a poorly executed decision as escalated into massive community distress. WE ALL KNOW, kabam you are wrong. This therefore gives you your chance to correct your mistakes abd help out the community.
    Many thanks ,Dom

It's a disgrace...people that support the decision have no right to because it's a disgrace... lol. People have no right to have a different opinion because circular reasoning? I don't know of anyone that likes the way this went down or believes that a better solution doesn't exist. People do have a right to disagree with the hysteria though, EVEN IF IT'S IN ALL CAPS. I do wish they would modify the gate somewhat but it's probably too late.
  • Brutus2099Brutus2099 Posts: 52
    @Kabam Miike

I plead with you to end this unrest, the constant dismissal of feedback just comes across as pure arrogance.

The obvious middle ground here would be to allow 4* 5/50 champs, this still makes majority of people’s 4* rosters unable to be used in Act 6 and would appear to have the desired effect your looking for as It still causes people to think about their use of resources by choosing rank ups that fit with what they need in their roster to progress through content rather than relying on RNG to say give that “immunity” champ needed that may never come from a crystal with 130 odd champs but they now know moving forward their focus should be on 5*.

This would allow you to shift the community in the direction you desire but not cripple people because your game hasn’t provided them with the tools necessary to progress such as power control, immunity, bleed etc.

-Brutus2099

• DomizthebestDomizthebest Posts: 87

Overall, this is a shocking disgrace. The few that choose to support kabam on this have no right to as this is an obvious disgrace. Kabam, yet again fails to except their mistakes by avoiding questions and points made by the community. I feel, what was first a poorly executed decision as escalated into massive community distress. WE ALL KNOW, kabam you are wrong. This therefore gives you your chance to correct your mistakes abd help out the community.
    Many thanks ,Dom

It's a disgrace...people that support the decision have no right to because it's a disgrace... lol. People have no right to have a different opinion because circular reasoning? I don't know of anyone that likes the way this went down or believes that a better solution doesn't exist. People do have a right to disagree with the hysteria though, EVEN IF IT'S IN ALL CAPS. I do wish they would modify the gate somewhat but it's probably too late.
    Commenting on the way I layed out my argument is not gonna help anything.

Many thanks ,Dom

Commenting on the way I layed out my argument is not gonna help anything.
    I don't think there is anything for it. I think that they should compromise with a way to unlock 4*s, thus maintaining the gate and not screwing the players that can do it but have had bad RNG. But it goes live tomorrow. Hopefully they take the feedback and make the rest of act 6 better. I don't see anything changing for 6.1 though.

Many thanks ,Dom

Bro, the games a farse and kabam a pulling the wool over our eyes. They need to get their act together.
    Don't agree that the game is a farce. The game is really good. If it weren't we wouldn't be on page 68 of this discussion. People aren't that passionate about bad games. I also don't think they are pulling the wool over anyone's eyes. If they are, it's bad wool based on the reaction of this thread lol. I believe they are trying to make the best game they can. it's the best way to make money. Having a good product is far more profitable than screwing your customer base for a short term gain. I was here for the willpower nerf and the end of the leadership mastery. That was perceived as a money grab bs move also and it turns out they were right. I think they got it wrong this time at least somewhat. Could be wrong. I'm sure it could have been handled better. But it's not a bunch of hacks trying to get rich quick lol. People are so quick to believe that they are lying when they don't like the answer. Anyway I'm rambling now but it goes live tomorrow. The sky isn't falling. Take a deep breath and see how it plays out. That's what I'm doing anyway.
    You know, after the first few times, that tactic stops working to get whatever people want.
    Voicing displeasure is one thing. Exercising your right to leave a bad Review is entirely up to you. However, trying to use it as a manipulation tactic whenever people want something or don't want something wears thin really fast. Roll over? I doubt that is even an option with this crowd. That doesn't mean we tell them what will and will not happen in the game. It's their product. Their design. At the end of the day, they may or may not make changes based on feedback and that's something we have to accept one way or another because it's their choice.
    edited March 2019
    Manipulate you into spending money? No. You get Champs from playing the game. I don't know what kind of habits everyone has, but I can assure you that most people aren't just buying Crystal for every Champ. There may be a few. Some well-known. However, the vast majority are just playing the game and opening their Crystals as they see fit. It has nothing to do with money. It's about requiring 5*s and 6*s. If people don't have any of those by Act 6, then I would most definitely open a Ticket because something is not right with their Account.
  • jammybstrdjammybstrd Posts: 36
    edited March 2019
    I can give real examples of how 4* restrictions will cause me to suffer, since the node list has been published on reddit:
    -Biohazard, Safeguard gwenpool. My 4* iceman would melt her, but now I gotta resort to using a r2 5* nebula, my only double immune 5* (yes I know this is possible with a bleed immune but I don’t wanna throw units at it with no retreat and safeguard up)
    - Aggression Regeneration Omega red- usually my 4* vision would have this no problem, as spores stack up on him slowly. No retreat means I can’t completely avoid spore damage, so I will be throwing units at this one.
    - Tenacity killmonger- this killmonger has a 70% chance to shrug debuffs, and when he does, he regens 4% health. However, this only works when his armour is active, and this would be no problem to deal with if not for no retreat. So I gotta use my 4* medusa right? Nope.

Other examples where I luckily have the specific counter:
    -evading moon knight, I have a 5*r4 archangel
    -fire of hades Mephisto, I have a 5*r4 quake
    - sabertooth boss, again I have archangel, but anyone without a good high level heal block champ as a 5* will struggle

This is why people are complaining about the lack of 4*s. Im sure there are other examples I missed, and a lot of people will have to spend a lot more units or grind a lot more arena/buy fgmcs to get past these fights, when a 4* could have just been used. And this list is just 6.1.1, forget the rest of the chapter (I’m looking at those ultron and sentinel bosses that 4* Medusa probably could of shut down).
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    edited March 2019

Hulk Ragnarok's Face Me was confirmed by a developer to counter No Retreat. No videos on this yet.

Interesting. This may be off topic, but if Face Me counters No Retreat, among other things, why doesn't it counter Coldsnap?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    WC303 said:

Hulk Ragnarok's Face Me was confirmed by a developer to counter No Retreat. No videos on this yet.

Interesting. This may be off topic, but if Face Me counters No Retreat, among other things, why doesn't it counter Coldsnap?
    Becasse coldsnap is not passive but a debuff
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Seems like the dev’s are sick and tired of people beating their content that they work so hard to create with understrength champions.
    The problem that seems to have arisen is that they have created a stable of champions that is so diverse that it is actually a detriment or hindrance to them finding a challenge hard enough for the player base to not find ways to cheese or work around with almost immediate haste.
    Beefed up champs in champions clash? Lemme cheese 5 champs with a 3* ronan, nice new varient content? I’ll just bring along my 3/30 gambit and stun lock, new shiny champion for EQ? QUAKE and bake that bad boyz. The last marvel clash it was entirely possible for people to beat the whole thing with ghost alone.It’s not always the case but there has generally been an answer to most things they have thrown at people for quite a while and as long as you have had the skill it’s been achievable wether you have a full roster or not.
    My main gripe with the 4* ban is that they’ve changed the direction from having outstanding individual champs comprise a party team to making it about synergy and team building and asked the player base to invest in this with no idea that they had been planning to move the goalposts in regards to future content, from the replies that have been given in here it really does seem like this is going to be the new norm.
    So many players out there would have maxed out a 4* with a specific synergy in mind or rank 5’d a synergy dependent 5* that they would almost have certainly not had they known this sort of content was on the way, to me it smacks of complete short sightedness to pull this on the player base and not expect a fair amount of backlash. To then have a 4* deal the very next day is one of the most tone deaf decisions I’ve seen in the numerous mobile games I’ve played over the years.
    I personally have a fair bit of content still left to get past so I’ll be busy enough to not care too much about act 6 in the immediate term but for the people out there who have been skilled enough to get through variant and LOL with skill alone I genuinely feel sorry for.
    While the game will go on alienating so many players with decisions like these doesn’t bode well for the future. Hoping the new champs you guy’s are planing on bringing to the contest aren’t as synergy dependent as some in the rear view mirror or it will feel like an endless troll