**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Read this if you're complaining about wanting a nerf.

Comments

• Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    There should be a group of elite champs that will give people something to strive for when they do the arena or questing and get 4* and 5* Shards. While you're gathering those shards you could be using all sorts of champs in questing and you'll look forward to using more champs in the arena cause everyone (including the old champs) would have their own unique and exciting move sets and abilities. That's gonna help a lot if all champs had their own moves and attacks. As for abilities I mentioned before in other threads is that the Fatigue, Weakness and Exhaustion debuffs should reduce evade chance and other defensive and/or offensive ability accuracy.

Imagine Luke Cage with his Exhaustion debuff, to reduce Spider-Mans evade similar to Ice Mans Cold Snap, while maybe putting armor breaks on Spider-Man. He in a sense would be buffed. He would hit harder cause of the armor breaks, his sig ability will allow you to make one mistake and not get KO'd and you have another counter for Auto Evading champs. Or you could reduce Spider-Mans evade chance and people will cry cause Stark Spidey has a much better evade, more better than Daredevil in some ways. Then what will happen is that Spider-Man won't be so great anymore, he'll fall a tier or two in peoples lists and he'll join a large list of champs who don't have equals but have a lot of betters. Why use Spider-Man for AW defense if you have Stark Spidey?

Exhaustion by definition is, a state of extreme physical or mental fatigue.
    Fatigue is by definition, extreme tiredness.

Sorry if people are seeing this twice. I was backtracking and reading other comments and notice
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I'm not saying that it should go to the extreme for either one. I'm simply saying that any nerf, even the smallest negative change, can ruin a champ for several users. Buffs aren't bad unless you make a champ insanely outrageous. But that's not what I'm asking for, so your point is invalid here.
    My point is completely valid. Nerfing and buffing are two sides of the same coin. Buffing champs can ruin other champs for people if those champs become less playable because they didn't get similar buffs. Buffing all champs to the same level would be equivalent to nerfing all champs to the same level. The end result is the same. Some people will be mad at any nerf, no matter how reasonable. That's just too bad. The overall community will benefit if the gap between top and bottom tier champions are brought a little closer together, and that will require some nerfing and some buffing.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    I'm not saying that it should go to the extreme for either one. I'm simply saying that any nerf, even the smallest negative change, can ruin a champ for several users. Buffs aren't bad unless you make a champ insanely outrageous. But that's not what I'm asking for, so your point is invalid here.
    My point is completely valid. Nerfing and buffing are two sides of the same coin. Buffing champs can ruin other champs for people if those champs become less playable because they didn't get similar buffs. Buffing all champs to the same level would be equivalent to nerfing all champs to the same level. The end result is the same. Some people will be mad at any nerf, no matter how reasonable. That's just too bad. The overall community will benefit if the gap between top and bottom tier champions are brought a little closer together, and that will require some nerfing and some buffing.

That's not true at all. Buffing champs doesn't make champs worse. When Magik was buffed, it didn't make Spider-Man any worse. He's still pretty good. Unless a buff is over-the-top new-best-champ Collector-style-awesome, it doesn't effect the usefulness of other champs.
    DD2 wrote: »
    What keeps people motivated to continue playing this game is the chance of getting the champs they want.

What makes people quit is having them nerfed.

NOTHING IS MORE PAINFUL THAN WORKING EXTREMELY HARD AND HAVING THEIR CHAMPS NERFED TO THE GROUND.

The pain isn't getting Iron Patriot and She Hulk, it's wading through 10 miles of Iron Patriots so they can finally get their SW only to have her nerfed.

Human psychology 101. You don't get it.
    No one is suggesting nerfing anyone to the ground. That may be a knee-jerk reaction to Kabam's past mistakes. They will have just as many problems, and possibly more, if they do nothing.

There is far more pain when you work to build your roster and improve your skill only to have it not matter because Kabam keeps coming out with new god tier champions that make most of the older champions obsolete. None of your hard work mattered because you weren't lucky enough to pull the right champions.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    This is what I don't agree with. Why does the game have to be equal? Everyone has the same chances. Some get good champs others don't. Why do the ones with good champs have to suffer because others don't have them?
    That's not true at all. Buffing champs doesn't make champs worse. When Magik was buffed, it didn't make Spider-Man any worse. He's still pretty good. Unless a buff is over-the-top new-best-champ Collector-style-awesome, it doesn't effect the usefulness of other champs.
    Yes, it is true. Just because Spider-Man is still "pretty good" doesn't mean he didn't take a hit when a better champion came along. That's how tier lists come about in the first place. Some champions get buffed into a higher tier. Some champions are released directly into a higher tier. That usually means that other champions get pushed down into a lower tier. Some champions get buffed too high or are overpowered when released, and the only reasonable way to remedy the problem is tone them down a bit. Buffing all the other champs would be way too much work.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Don't ya wish they could nerf life? Don't make anyone better than anyone else at anything, that would be great.
    Yes, it is true. Just because Spider-Man is still "pretty good" doesn't mean he didn't take a hit when a better champion came along. That's how tier lists come about in the first place. Some champions get buffed into a higher tier. Some champions are released directly into a higher tier. That usually means that other champions get pushed down into a lower tier. Some champions get buffed too high or are overpowered when released, and the only reasonable way to remedy the problem is tone them down a bit. Buffing all the other champs would be way too much work.

That whole argument is predicated on the idea that there is a limit of space in each tier. If Spider-Man is "Good Tier", and a new champ is added to "Good Tier", he won't go down to "Mediocre Tier". There's just another guy as useful as him. That doesn't make him worse, it simply makes someone else join his level.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    The game must be balanced. Again, it is neccesary to drop god tier champs a notch because they are too powerful. I am not suggesting a DS or BW like nerf. I am suggesting more of a SW Thor adjustment to those that are god tier. Then i am suggesting a buff adjustment to mediocre ones.

The game will be more balanced with less dissapointments. We should be excited of getting a new champ and exploring new abilities hence with the capability of getting same overall damage output.

How can you justify Ironmam rank 4 5 star or carnage having 1500 attack? When hyperion or Star lord can reach 6000 attack in seconds?
    edited August 2017
    We should enjoy every champ not the 5 percent of the champs only!
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    The game myst be balanced. Again, it is neccesary to drop god tier champs a notch because they are too powerful. I am not suggesting a DS or BW like nerf. I am suggesting more of a SW Thor adjustment to those that are god tier. Then i am suggesting a buff adjustment to mediocre ones.

The game will be more balanced with less dissapointments. We should be excited of getting a new champ and exploring new abilities hence with the capability of getting same overall damage output.

How can you justify Ironmam rank 4 5 star or carnage having 1500 attack? When hyperion or Star lord can reach 6000 attack in seconds?

Again, all champs are on a "scale" from good to eh to bad. If we can bring bad champs up to somewhere between good and eh, why do the good champs need to drop to eh? Just leave them so people don't get mad. If nerds didn't mess with people, I'd have no problem with your idea. But nerfs do mess with people, including me, so I don't like it.
    Too bad you dont like it. It will happen trust me.

It's always nice when someone ends a debate by saying "Too bad they won't listen to you even if you're right!"
    That whole argument is predicated on the idea that there is a limit of space in each tier. If Spider-Man is "Good Tier", and a new champ is added to "Good Tier", he won't go down to "Mediocre Tier". There's just another guy as useful as him. That doesn't make him worse, it simply makes someone else join his level.
    No, my argument does not suggest that at all. If a new champ is added that is on the same tier as another champion, then nothing is lost. But that is not what happens in the real world. Newer champions are usually a higher tier than older champions. This partly due because the game developer learns better and more creative ways of making champions as they progress, and it is partly because the money made from the game allows for the hiring of more talent and allows for more expensive game development processes. Occasionally, they goof and release a lower tier champion. They have to buff that champion to make them worth getting. Occasionally, they goof a release a super high tier champion. They have to nerf that champion to bring them more in line with the rest of the roster and to prevent people who cannot get that champion from become too frustrated.
    edited August 2017
    I will tell you why god tier have to be adjusted a notch one more time. THEY ARE TOO POWERFUL COMPARE TO THE REST. UNLIMITED ATTACK in SL, COSMIC CHARGES AND POWER GAIN IN HYPERION just two mention to examples are way too disproportionate.

You are suggesting buff the mediocre ones which i am suggesting too. Imagine giving all champs the same hyperion power gain or SL unlimited attack. It will ruin the game. Your position does not make sense. What makes sense is capping attack and power gain of god tier to 5000 attack based damage for example. Capping power gain at SP2 and earn you SP3 with attack.
    No, my argument does not suggest that at all. If a new champ is added that is on the same tier as another champion, then nothing is lost. But that is not what happens in the real world. Newer champions are usually a higher tier than older champions. This partly due because the game developer learns better and more creative ways of making champions as they progress, and it is partly because the money made from the game allows for the hiring of more talent and allows for more expensive game development processes. Occasionally, they goof and release a lower tier champion. They have to buff that champion to make them worth getting. Occasionally, they goof a release a super high tier champion. They have to nerf that champion to bring them more in line with the rest of the roster and to prevent people who cannot get that champion from become too frustrated.

Yes, you did suggest that the addition or buffing of champs degrades older, pre-existing champs.
    Just because Spider-Man is still "pretty good" doesn't mean he didn't take a hit when a better champion came along.

So my argument is still valid.

It's always nice when someone ends a debate by saying "Too bad they won't listen to you even if you're right!"

Who told you you are right? You are wrong! You are justifying that a champ should reach 10000 attack and others are not even capable of killing a fly. Or give all the champs the same attack capability! It will ruin the game both of your suggestions
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Why
    I will tell you why god tier have to be adjusted a notch one more time. THEY ARE TOO POWERFUL COMPARE TO THE REST. UNLIMITED ATTACK in SL, COSMIC CHARGES AND POWER GAIN IN HYPERION just to mention to examples are way too disproportionate.

You are suggesting buff the mediocre ones which i am suggesting too. Imagine giving all champs the same hyperion power gain or SL unlimited attack. It will ruin the game. Your position does not make sense. What makes sense is capping attack and power gain of god tier to 5000 attack based damage for example. Capping power gain at SP2 and earn you SP3 with attack.

It's always nice when someone ends a debate by saying "Too bad they won't listen to you even if you're right!"[/quote]

Who told you you are right? You are wrong! You are justifying that a champ should reach 10000 attack and others are not even capable of killing a fly. Or give all the champs the same attack capability! It will ruin the game both of your suggestions[/quote]

Ruin the game? What game modes are ruined by sl post v12?
    I will tell you why god tier have to be adjusted a notch one more time. THEY ARE TOO POWERFUL COMPARE TO THE REST. UNLIMITED ATTACK in SL, COSMIC CHARGES AND POWER GAIN IN HYPERION just to mention to examples are way too disproportionate.

I'm suggesting we make all champs to the or near to the UTILITY/SKILL LEVEL of SL and Hyperion, not give them the same abilities. If everyone is awesome, it'll be normal. Normal can mean average. Awesome would then become average. A few champs would be slightly above average, and some would be slightly worse. That's not game-breaking, since it'd change the enemy level as well.

Who told you you are right? You are wrong! You are justifying that a champ should reach 10000 attack and others are not even capable of killing a fly. Or give all the champs the same attack capability! It will ruin the game both of your suggestions

I'm saying that many agree with me, and many agree with you. Even if I provide some solid proof to refute you, you just say this nonsense that it'll happen anyway. Then when I say that's dumb, you backpedal and repeat your argument. When I prove it wrong, you say something dumb like this and on and on and on.
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    Why

Who told you you are right? You are wrong! You are justifying that a champ should reach 10000 attack and others are not even capable of killing a fly. Or give all the champs the same attack capability! It will ruin the game both of your suggestions[/quote]

Ruin the game? What game modes are ruined by sl post v12?[/quote]

LAbrynth of Legends sounds familiar? Why SL is the only cheaper way of doing it. Did you read that well?

Now spider man stark enhanced gets close to SL but he is still no comparison. For some enemies you need specific champs I agree. But damn!!!!!!!!!!
    https://youtu.be/GaCj3Q3pSrI

He's not the only one people just think so
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Just like in communism, if everyone is "equal" there is no motivation to work.

Just like in this game. What makes people spend money and grind for champs is the chance to get their favorite one. Champs equal across the boad? No motivation to play. Nerf champs in the future? No motivation to play.

Like I said, this game won't survive another 12.0.

Build up the weaker ones, don't tear down the good ones.
    What did i say? Am i speaking alien language or what? Of course Gwenpool can do it but never cheaper than SL in a million years
    https://youtu.be/GaCj3Q3pSrI

He's not the only one people just think so
    What did i say? Am i speaking alien language or what? Of course Gwenpool can do it but never cheaper than SL in a million years

Look at the videos description then comment
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    Why

Ruin the game? What game modes are ruined by sl post v12?[/quote]

LAbrynth of Legends sounds familiar? Why SL is the only cheaper way of doing it. Did you read that well?

Now spider man stark enhanced gets close to SL but he is still no comparison. For some enemies you need specific champs I agree. But damn!!!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

Again, that's you backpedaling to your initial argument again. I gave my argument that you couldn't beat, you said something weird to end the debate, then fell back and said it again so it would look like you're right. So I'll give my point again:
    If Star Lord is the only champ who can beat LoL - which he isn't, use Magik or Hyperion or Iceman - then why make him worse so that no one can beat LoL? Just make it so they all can beat LoL, which will also make LoL harder, which will achieve an effective balance.
    SL is not the only one who can be LOL. OMG!!!!!!!
    He is the cheapest one to do it, in what language do i have to say this?
    SL is not the only one who can be LOL. OMG!!!!!!!
    He is the cheapest one to do it, in what language do i have to say this?

Did u look at the videos description yet?
  • SonicEmpireSonicEmpire Posts: 83
    LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME.
    Every champ has a style you have to learn to beat, frustrating as it can be, someday you'll be able to smash through someone and laugh that it was ever difficult. Calling for nerfs is a whiny way out and a f**k you to everyone who put time into leveling a champ.
    A game full of nerfed mediocre champs (Dr Strange for instance) is a dead game. Don't let your frustrations call out for a neutering of the game.
    LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME.
    Every champ has a style you have to learn to beat, frustrating as it can be, someday you'll be able to smash through someone and laugh that it was ever difficult. Calling for nerfs is a whiny way out and a f**k you to everyone who put time into leveling a champ.
    A game full of nerfed mediocre champs (Dr Strange for instance) is a dead game. Don't let your frustrations call out for a neutering of the game.

Can you finish LOL with She hulk for me please? Stop making the dumb claim of : duhhh learn how to play! Respectfully bro you dont know what you are talking about.

I have beating all content except 100 percent LOL! And i have done a couple of paths already!
This discussion has been closed.