**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: Sinister Foes of Spider-Man

edited August 2017 in General Discussion
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS

The Grandmaster has begun making changes in the contest. Starting with some pest control for all these Spider-verse heroes crawling around The Battlerealm. Six foes of Spider-Man have been brought together to put Peter Parker to the test, and he might need some backup on this one!

BRAINS VS BOMBS

Two new spider-verse villains are joining the contest. First up is the self-proclaimed genius Dr. Otto Octavius, who uses his superior intellect and technology to win fights rather than raw strength. During fights Doc Ock is constantly researching and analyzing his opponents, and when he reaches a breakthrough in his research he receives buffs and can debuff the opponent based on the kind of breakthrough. Following alongside him is the absolute madman Norman Osborn, aka Green Goblin. Who gains stacks of madness and cunning which provide benefits based on which is higher. He also has super bombs hidden away in his bag of tricks and can unload a wave of debuffs on his opponents.

Q&A

How long does this quest run for?
This quest will be starting on the 2nd of August at ~10:00AM PDT and will run until August 30th at 10:00AM PDT. Those attempting Legends runs will have until August 16th at 10am PDT to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

Have the rewards been increased?
Yes! There has been an Increase to the amount of 4 and 5-Star shards given out on Heroic and Master difficulties which you get from completing and exploring the entire quest on those difficulties. See the rewards outline below for exact numbers and where they are.

Is this change permanent?
Yes.

How do I get the Legends title associated with Master Difficulty?
The Legends title and rewards will be given to the 100 players who 100% explore HEROIC AND MASTER difficulties in Sinister Foes of Spider-Man the fastest. Just like recent Event Quests, this quest will take advantage of the Time Attack system we’ve put in place for our Monthly Quest Legends Program. This means that the players that completely explore Heroic and Master difficulty the fastest within the first 2 weeks of the event being live will win the title. More information on that can be found here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27/time-attack-legends-program

In addition to this distinction, these first 100 will receive the following rewards:
#1-5 - 3x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
#6-100 - 1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal

You must update to the new 14.1 Release to be able to see and participate in this quest.

Rewards

For completing and mastering all of the Beginner quests, you earn:
4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
150x Units
900x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
2x Generic Tier 1 Catalyst
2x Generic Tier 2 Catalyst
15x Tier 3 Generic ISO
18x Tier 2 Class ISO (3/each class)
1x Sinister Foe Title

For completing and mastering all of the Normal quests, you earn:
1x 3-Star Venom
5000x Premium Crystal Shards (2.5x Crystals)
2000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (1x Crystal)
150x Units
2700x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
1x Alpha Catalyst
3x Tier 2 Generic Catalyst
5x Tier 3 Generic ISO
7x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 2 Class ISO (5/each class)
1x Sinister Foe Title

For completing and mastering all of the Heroic quests, you earn:

4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
800x 4-Star Crystal Shards (40% of a Crystal) Increased by 400 Shards
1000x 5-Star Crystal Shards (10% of a Crystal) Increased by 500 Shards
150x Units
18000x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments (50% of a Catalyst)
1x Alpha Catalyst
2x Tier 3 Generic Catalyst
12x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 3 Class ISO (5/each class)
1x Sinister Foe Title

For completing and mastering all of the Master quests, you earn:
3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
6000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (3x Crystals)
2000x 4-Star Crystal Shards (100% of a Crystal) Increased by 1000 Shards
1500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (15% of a Crystal) Increased by 1000 Shards
150x Units
3x Alpha Catalyst
1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
3600x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments (10% of a Catalyst)
25x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals
5x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
1x Superior Intellect Title

Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Wow 5k 5* shards from calander and now 2.5k from master and heroic(total 3/4th of a basic). Its an awesome month
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Wow Thah crays. Hops it stil esay for me to beat it b
  • 007_Link007_Link Posts: 16
    The rewards really do seem much better. Thanks kabam
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Wow the rewards have increased without anyone complaining. Great move there
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Thanks for shard increase:)
  • Oh..my..gosh... Those rewards! But i do have one problem...why is classic spidey the 3* reward for normal again? Why couldn't it be one of his villains like electro or venom.
  • Mirk_varMirk_var Posts: 85
    edited August 2017
    I really laugh for how people get impressed by increasing rewards... kabam is not actually Santa klauss, this ust should Be the normal evolution of the game, puttin' in more shards and to Be honest they are in delay with alphas.. so guys enjoy the Game but open your eyes, cos some comments are just ridicolous
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Mirk_var wrote: »
    I really laugh for how people get impressed by increasing rewards... kabam is not actually Santa klauss, this ust should Be the normal evolution of the game, puttin' in more shards and to Be honest they are in delay with alphas.. so guys enjoy the Game but open your eyes, cos some comments are just ridicolous

It's called "appreciation"

It's spelt "Clause" too
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Mirk_var wrote: »

Why do we play games? For fun. So as long as player base is satisfied they don't give a damn about anything
    Stop being so pessimistic and let us enjoy the little things
  • Atom_SmasherAtom_Smasher Posts: 17
    Any heads up on when the update will go live? Also super happy with the reward increase, haven't completed master mode yet but this will give me that push
  • Deeparvi wrote: »
    Finally.. Well done on the increased Rewards @Kabam Miike, @Kabam Spice, @Kabam Valkyrie, @Kabam Galactic...

I think this one has to go to Kabam Doot, Kabam Galactic and Kabam DK :smile:
  • Any heads up on when the update will go live? Also super happy with the reward increase, haven't completed master mode yet but this will give me that push

The new Update will be tomorrow! Watch out for the patch notes later today!
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    I got to try master mode now
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    Nice increase in shards! I don't see an increase in gold...hmm
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Can you say what will be Dr. Octopus class?
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I only have one request. PLEASE change that you have to fully explore Heroic before opening master.

I don't mind having to go thru it once even, but heroic is so boring for upper echelon player that can't/won't be able to do a legends run.

And it could still be a requirement to do both for Legends title.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Events with extras followed by lame month with no extras. Thanks for tricking me into buying expiring energy refills for nothing

I got them for fully exploring 5.2. Did you already do that?
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    If With Great Powers Comes Great Responsibility ... from greater rewards comes greater difficulty
  • Great job kabam
  • Oh..my..gosh... Those rewards! But i do have one problem...why is classic spidey the 3* reward for normal again? Why couldn't it be one of his villains like electro or venom.

Funny story, we actually had the wrong Champ listed. It is actually Venom. Fixing that now!
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    Glad to see some of these changes. The rewards are actually worth it now, as the previous rewards didn't really feel rewarding enough, and it was more of a chore like Duel Skirmish. The game's still not quite up to par. The recent Beta Update with nothing new visible was pretty annoying. But if you guys can keep those mistakes minimal and keep cranking out minor tweaks like this, I'm happy to say we might see the pre-12.0 Kabam again. Great work!
  • Only downside I see is getting classic Spidey as a reward two months in a row. Other than that everything is awesome!! Keep it up kabam!!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Only downside I see is getting classic Spidey as a reward two months in a row. Other than that everything is awesome!! Keep it up kabam!!

it is venome you get
  • edited August 2017
    Oh..my..gosh... Those rewards! But i do have one problem...why is classic spidey the 3* reward for normal again? Why couldn't it be one of his villains like electro or venom.

Funny story, we actually had the wrong Champ listed. It is actually Venom. Fixing that now!

did you by chance have the wrong class listed for the new champs, i think you did