**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So when is Dr. Strange getting buffed?

2»

Comments

• GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited August 2017
    Grinder wrote: »
    They've said they're not changing strange again. He was tweaked after his nerf and it made him even worse.

I don't remember seeing that comment.

Said it numerous times when strange threads were rampant. After he was initially nerfed, people complained and they tweaked him a little and ended up making him worse. After that happened they continuously said he was fixed and they were no longer looking into him. It was a case-closed kind of thing and not a single word has been said since.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Dr. Strange was useless against Spite. Thor useless against Stun Immune. SW against Dulled. Everyone was stunted by Safeguard even Starlord. Lame challenging content excuse is lame.

And even if Strange DID need nerfing they hit him too hard. No one's asking him to be like before but for heaven's sake make him better than he is now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    They've said they're not changing strange again. He was tweaked after his nerf and it made him even worse.

Said it numerous times when strange threads were rampant. After he was initially nerfed, people complained and they tweaked him a little and ended up making him worse. After that happened they continuously said he was fixed and they were no longer looking into him.

Unless you have a quote, that is conjecture. The only comments made were that they are gathering information on it and they have no plans at this time. I'm positive they never said that they're never doing it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Said it numerous times when strange threads were rampant. After he was initially nerfed, people complained and they tweaked him a little and ended up making him worse. After that happened they continuously said he was fixed and they were no longer looking into him.

Not really. First of all, the only change made to Dr Strange after the 12.0 nerf was to triple the size of his health steal, which was originally nerfed to a vanishingly small value. Nothing they did after 12.0 made him worse. Second of all, they said a couple times afterward that there were currently no plans to adjust him after the second set of changes. At no time did they say he was "fixed" because that's not something they say about anything except bug fixes, and at no time did they say they were no longer looking into him because that's also something that as a rule they never say. They only say whether at the moment there are any current plans to change him, and the last word was that there were no such plans currently in motion.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Here's a question. Would people be unhappy if he was never nerfed at all, or would they still want him buffed? I feel that most of the dissatisfaction comes from comparing him to how he used to be, and not looking at his viability now. He's not that useless, actually.

He's pretty worthless now honestly. Maybe I'm biased since I had him pre 12.0.

Unless you have a quote, that is conjecture. The only comments made were that they are gathering information on it and they have no plans at this time. I'm positive they never said that they're never doing it.

Feel free to go through the old archives. I know what I read. If you want the proof go search through it and find it, I'm not going to waste my time digging through threads for 2 days.
    @GroundedWisdom, I understand what you're saying. Doctor Strange might've deserved a nerf. It was just far too drastic. They should've done something like they did with Scarlet Witch, where she went from probably the best to top 10. But again, as to my earlier point, the standard Kabam set with Strange's nerf has not been kept at all. He was nerfed mostly for his immense Regeneration ability, especially when combined with his SP2. He had some other abilities as well, but that was his main selling point: Regenerative utility. Remind you of anyone?

Magik's Limbo is worse than Strange's Regen. It lets you take an SP3 to the face, and as long as you don't die, it's all undone. I mean, Strange could Regen that much health, but it took some skill at least. Magik's Regen takes much less skill than Strange's Regen. With Strange, you have to sync up his Power Bar with his Buff Cycle so that you can get the maximum effectiveness out of the time you had, and they didn't line up manually. You had to scramble to use SP moves at the right time while still actually maintaining your fighting skills. But with Magik, you just have to hit them, or even get hit, to gain Limbo. You heard me right, standing in place can reverse all damage from an SP3. Plus, Limbo does damage to the enemy! So not only is there higher Regen, it's also enemy Degen! And it takes less skill to use!

I'm not calling for a nerf on Magik. She's got weaknesses to utilize, and she's definitely beatable. I'm just saying that Kabam didn't hold to their standard of the main reason why Strange was nerfed. Just think about that.

They were two different Champs, and they both had their own individual changes. It's not just the nerf that was changed. We also had a new system introduced which had an affect as well. The simple fact is, the intended change has happened because he hasn't yet been revisited, so clearly there is a reason for it. People have been talking about it since and they haven't revisited him yet. I'm not implying people can't voice themselves or that they won't. I'm just stating that he will not be what he was at the present time. In fact, I've said myself that his output could be increased slightly, on the Fury Cycle. However, there must be a reason they have left him the way he is, and it's a slippery slope to revisit it. After all that's passed and the compensation that's been given, plus the fact that any change runs the risk of creating the same problem. The reality is, people relied on those Champs for everything. That wasn't the reason for the nerfs. They used them for everything BECAUSE of the reasons for the nerfs. It's just not as simple as buffing him because people miss him is what I'm saying.

And I'm saying that nerfing someone just because they're one of the best isn't necessary. I was simply saying that if they're gonna be okay with Magik and her Regen, then they shouldn't have had a problem with Strange's. That's all I have to say. Goodnight.

That's not the point of the nerf. The point is that they were so overpowered in combination with the old Percentage System, Masteries, and Synergies, that they couldn't produce any more challenging content. Good night.

They took away the percentage system so he should have got restored to his previous state.
    wray1976 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom, I understand what you're saying. Doctor Strange might've deserved a nerf. It was just far too drastic. They should've done something like they did with Scarlet Witch, where she went from probably the best to top 10. But again, as to my earlier point, the standard Kabam set with Strange's nerf has not been kept at all. He was nerfed mostly for his immense Regeneration ability, especially when combined with his SP2. He had some other abilities as well, but that was his main selling point: Regenerative utility. Remind you of anyone?

Magik's Limbo is worse than Strange's Regen. It lets you take an SP3 to the face, and as long as you don't die, it's all undone. I mean, Strange could Regen that much health, but it took some skill at least. Magik's Regen takes much less skill than Strange's Regen. With Strange, you have to sync up his Power Bar with his Buff Cycle so that you can get the maximum effectiveness out of the time you had, and they didn't line up manually. You had to scramble to use SP moves at the right time while still actually maintaining your fighting skills. But with Magik, you just have to hit them, or even get hit, to gain Limbo. You heard me right, standing in place can reverse all damage from an SP3. Plus, Limbo does damage to the enemy! So not only is there higher Regen, it's also enemy Degen! And it takes less skill to use!

I'm not calling for a nerf on Magik. She's got weaknesses to utilize, and she's definitely beatable. I'm just saying that Kabam didn't hold to their standard of the main reason why Strange was nerfed. Just think about that.

They were two different Champs, and they both had their own individual changes. It's not just the nerf that was changed. We also had a new system introduced which had an affect as well. The simple fact is, the intended change has happened because he hasn't yet been revisited, so clearly there is a reason for it. People have been talking about it since and they haven't revisited him yet. I'm not implying people can't voice themselves or that they won't. I'm just stating that he will not be what he was at the present time. In fact, I've said myself that his output could be increased slightly, on the Fury Cycle. However, there must be a reason they have left him the way he is, and it's a slippery slope to revisit it. After all that's passed and the compensation that's been given, plus the fact that any change runs the risk of creating the same problem. The reality is, people relied on those Champs for everything. That wasn't the reason for the nerfs. They used them for everything BECAUSE of the reasons for the nerfs. It's just not as simple as buffing him because people miss him is what I'm saying.

And I'm saying that nerfing someone just because they're one of the best isn't necessary. I was simply saying that if they're gonna be okay with Magik and her Regen, then they shouldn't have had a problem with Strange's. That's all I have to say. Goodnight.

That's not the point of the nerf. The point is that they were so overpowered in combination with the old Percentage System, Masteries, and Synergies, that they couldn't produce any more challenging content. Good night.

They took away the percentage system so he should have got restored to his previous state.

No actually. That wouldn't have been enough.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Not really. First of all, the only change made to Dr Strange after the 12.0 nerf was to triple the size of his health steal, which was originally nerfed to a vanishingly small value. Nothing they did after 12.0 made him worse. Second of all, they said a couple times afterward that there were currently no plans to adjust him after the second set of changes. At no time did they say he was "fixed" because that's not something they say about anything except bug fixes, and at no time did they say they were no longer looking into him because that's also something that as a rule they never say. They only say whether at the moment there are any current plans to change him, and the last word was that there were no such plans currently in motion.

It seems like you forgot about the timer increase as well as the reduced power gain to match it. I mean before you go around telling me what i read didn't happen, maybe make sure you at least know the details.

It seems like you forgot about the timer increase as well as the reduced power gain to match it. I mean before you go around telling me what i read didn't happen, maybe make sure you at least know the details.

That's because the PG wasn't the main point or focus of the changes.
    edited August 2017
    "First of all, the only change made to Dr Strange after the 12.0 nerf was to triple the size of his health steal. Nothing they did after 12.0 made him worse"

Read next time? Maybe that's why you can't recall them saying it, you're too busy posting instead of reading
    "First of all, the only change made to Dr Strange after the 12.0 nerf was to triple the size of his health steal. Nothing they did after 12.0 made him worse"

Read next time? Maybe that's why you can't recall them saying it, you're too busy posting instead of reading

It seems you're arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm talking about the nerf itself and the reasons for it. All you're adding is all-or-nothing assumptions based on comments about revising him. Your original comment was that they said they're not changing him. You implied that DNA left out the bit about the Timer. I said it's not the only mechanic that went into the nerf. We can argue semantics all evening, but you're providing false information on what the Mods have said.
    wray1976 wrote: »

No actually. That wouldn't have been enough.

Says who?
    edited August 2017

Says the actual effect DR/CR have on the current meta.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Maybe they will make a new version of Dr Strange that is top tier. Spidey-E is a great example of this.

But I do recall one of the mods saying they will revisit DS once they see the impact the nerf had on his use in the game. I never use DS any more and I have him as 4* 5/50 sig 71. No one in my alliance uses him either. I imagine use for him has dropped drastically.

That's what everyone was predicting, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Based on his basic arena scoring effort, he is still in very high demand as a champion. It certainly can't be for prestige so it has to be for usage.

In my experience, in the few instances I had first hand knowledge, when comparing vocal public opinion on how popular or unpopular something in a multiplayer game was verses what the actual usage statistics were, popular opinion was actually worse than randomly throwing darts at a board.

@DNA3000 I have agreed with many of your posts but this one is odd. He was an old champ when he was finally a basic but he went for 2.33 million and 2.58 million. That's Black Bolt territory. I ranked him down as did many and literally never see him in AW offense when he used to be ubiquitous. By any metric he is no longer a top tier champ and Kabam promised at the time of the nerf that the so-called god tier would remain top champs but would be brought closer to the pack. They failed to keep this promise with strange and BW and mostly with SW, though she is still pretty good. Thor is the only champ for which they honored this promise, and that was only after the boycott.
  • EezzyEezzy Posts: 41
    Why wont any mods respond Is he gonna get revisited soon or is he "working as intended"
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    his damage output is too low at the moment .. I don't even pick him for arena ...

But he was too OP before 12.0, he was a permanent feature of my AW attack team and had literally no counter.

Hmm... Didn't fight Dorm with him, did you?
    Edit: actually, any mystic with md was a counter to him (DS himself was the biggest counter to DS)
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    When hell freezes over, that's when you all can expect Strange's buff.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    He does suck. My 4* Strange will sit on the shelf at rank 3 for MCOC's life span.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Simple answer is they nerfed the **** outta him and they are NEVER gonna make his even close to what he was. These DS threads should just stop. It's just a waste of time and falling on Kabams deaf ears. JMO
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Maybe they will make a new version of Dr Strange that is top tier. Spidey-E is a great example of this.

But I do recall one of the mods saying they will revisit DS once they see the impact the nerf had on his use in the game. I never use DS any more and I have him as 4* 5/50 sig 71. No one in my alliance uses him either. I imagine use for him has dropped drastically.

That's what everyone was predicting, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Based on his basic arena scoring effort, he is still in very high demand as a champion. It certainly can't be for prestige so it has to be for usage.

In my experience, in the few instances I had first hand knowledge, when comparing vocal public opinion on how popular or unpopular something in a multiplayer game was verses what the actual usage statistics were, popular opinion was actually worse than randomly throwing darts at a board.

@DNA3000 I have agreed with many of your posts but this one is odd. He was an old champ when he was finally a basic but he went for 2.33 million and 2.58 million. That's Black Bolt territory. I ranked him down as did many and literally never see him in AW offense when he used to be ubiquitous. By any metric he is no longer a top tier champ and Kabam promised at the time of the nerf that the so-called god tier would remain top champs but would be brought closer to the pack. They failed to keep this promise with strange and BW and mostly with SW, though she is still pretty good. Thor is the only champ for which they honored this promise, and that was only after the boycott.

Dr Strange was a repeat basic, meaning that he was a basic champ at least once before. Out of all the repeat basic champions in the current arena format Dr. Strange scored the third highest cutoffs, with only Magik and Cap WWII beating him out. Besides Magik, every other repeat basic champion before him (Storm, Kamala, Magneto MN, Black Bolt, Venompool) scored significantly lower. Almost every basic repeat after him (Venom, Winter Soldier, Joe Fixit) also scored lower, with only Captain America WWII scoring higher. Even more impressively, CapWWII was after 14.0 when the arena system changed to make scoring 10-15% faster on average and occurred 16 weeks later, when score inflation on its own would add about 300k to a score of equal effort.

Accounting for score inflation (which has been averaging about 20k per week for over a year for basic scoring) and score acceleration due to 14.0, Dr. Strange's average scores represent the second highest scoring effort for a repeat basic, behind Magik. Cap would be third, followed by Storm, Venom, Black Bolt, Venompool, Kamala Khan, Winter Soldier, Magneto Marvel Now, and Joe Fixit. If you eliminate Dr. Strange from that list, the list that is left appears to be a reasonable representation of how desirable those champions are likely to be, which increases my confidence that Dr. Strange's place in that list represents his real desirability and not a fluke.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    He is still a good champion, no where near what he used to be but still well above average. Out of all the bad champions in this game he should not be a priority to be buffed. The only reason people want him buffed is because of his previous power and they can't see past the nerf. If he was always like he is currently people wouldn't be asking for a buff because he isn't that bad. Still has regen that can be about 25+ per phase, nullify on sig and armor phase, above average power gain on power gain phase, strong hitter on fury stage with armor break, he's not the best, not the worst and certainly isn't the champ that buffs should be prioritized after
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    He is still a good champion, no where near what he used to be but still well above average. Out of all the bad champions in this game he should not be a priority to be buffed. The only reason people want him buffed is because of his previous power and they can't see past the nerf. If he was always like he is currently people wouldn't be asking for a buff because he isn't that bad. Still has regen that can be about 25+ per phase, nullify on sig and armor phase, above average power gain on power gain phase, strong hitter on fury stage with armor break, he's not the best, not the worst and certainly isn't the champ that buffs should be prioritized after

Like I said in the first post he needs to be fixed but other champs need it more.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Everyone I want y'all to look at this and try and see the point I'm making. As you can see the 3 Star Ghost Rider at 4/40 is healing 184 a hit while 4 Star Dr. Strange at 4/40 is healing 173 a hit. (Both have the Recovery Mastery Maxed out)
    You can see the differences in PI and everything. Under no circumstance should a maxed out 3 star be healing more than a 4 star at 4/40.

My Suggestion is for Dr. Strange to get more healing a hit. I say around 275 a hit or something at 4/40. I don't know what his regen is at 5/50 if someone could let me know that would be great. I'm just asking for a little more regen that's it. Or if you aren't gonna increase the regen have his specials scale the regen up like it used to be like 15 to 20% of the base regen a hit. It doesn't need to be anything crazy but make it useful. That would honestly probably fix the character for a lot of people.