**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upcoming 5 star featured crystal

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    This don’t make any sens first act6 4 star ban and now almost Said 5 star horad is unhealthy from the game why do you need so much back stap befor it get to much and the game just dying it the long term You even make me demotivated to play for this alone.
  • XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★
    edited April 2019

Little bit of clarification here, but "unhealthy behaviour" is in reference to Unhealthy for the Game. This has been something we've said for years, and have made changes based on many times. We will still be giving the list of Champions in the next featured 5-Star Crystal, but will not be doing so going forward.

Please explain the reasoning for bringing back the Blade feature crystal as a celebration and announcing it one month in advance.
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87
    @Kabam Miike I don’t see a problem with the decision of not giving a list in advance, not knowing is part of the fun. The problem is not telling the community about it. You could have saved a lot of threads and questions if you had told the community about your plans for the future. You had plenty of time to tell everyone that there won’t be another list until the crystal is available.
    Don’t mind the backlash, people complain about everything, even about free stuff.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I'm still going to continue to hoard shards, except now with the hostile behavior from the game team, I'll be pissed about it. Mission accomplished guys
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    You know what’s unhealthy behavior for this game? Giving non-answers that insult the intelligence of your player base.
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    Why is it unhealthy for the game? How is it unhealthy for the game? Please give a thorough answer so we can at least understand the logic
    @Kabam Miike
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I actually agree with Kabam here ( I might need to be checked out by my doctor). Hoarding is silly if you aren't a youtuber. Anyway you know who 25% of the champs will be. Assume that of the remaining 18 there will 1-2 great champs. The rest will be trash and meh champs.
  • We could argue the faulty logic of the decision all day Kabam but the fact of the matter is that this will make the players very unhappy. I'm safe in assuming it's not in the companies best interests to piss off the consumer
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Meme thread bout to have a field day 😂😂😂
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75
    Never been a hoarder. Bout to start hoarding out of pure spite now tho.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

All it does is make people hoard crystal shards until the last minute. This has never been the intention with anything in the game, and we have made this known throughout the History of the game many times. This is not a healthy behaviour for the game.

Little bit of clarification here, but "unhealthy behaviour" is in reference to Unhealthy for the Game. This has been something we've said for years, and have made changes based on many times. We will still be giving the list of Champions in the next featured 5-Star Crystal, but will not be doing so going forward.

So wait a second. My hoarding crystals is unhealthy for the game?

It wasn’t unhealthy when you all re-released the Blade crystal and also put out 5* shard offers. It wasn’t unhealthy when god tier champs were in the featured and offers for shards were around. It wasn’t unhealthy to hoard crystals ever.

Why does my holding out for crystals/champs I want hurt the game at all? There is nothing in the game that breaks or becomes unhealthy when people have a large stash of crystal shards. Nothing.

You are basically sitting there telling everyone who hoards crystals that it’s an unhealthy behavior. Why? You can’t jist say that and not give us a reason as to why that is. What’s so unhealthy about chasing crystals that have a desired champ or a higher chance at champ we need/want?

This game has always been about “free will” “choices” “personal decisions”. You keep telling us to do what we want, go after the champs we want, rank and level the champs we want. But now you’re telling us that is unhealthy? Now you’re telling us that we don’t get to make informed decisions anymore? And without a reason?

Transparency please.
  • CPT_SmashCPT_Smash Posts: 17

Hoarding is also 100% an unhealthy behavior, and is classified as a mental disorder by the medical community.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Wait a sec, we are talking about hoarding shards, right?
  • LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    It’ll be havok, sinister, diablo, thing, mcu CM, fury. 1-2 pretty good champs. The rest garbage champs that make me rethink my choice to save shards.

On ‘unhealthy behavior’, it seems kabam is constantly trying to remove any automomy or free choice in strategy/roster building. If they don’t want us to try and get champs we want or use discretion in how we use our resources, then why not just assign us champs. These comments make think kabam doesn’t want us to get excited for new champ and that we should equally happy with pulling KK as pulling Blade.
    I wonder what would happen if everyone held every single 5*/6* shard crystals they have/will get for 3 months. I wonder how the game will break and become unhealthy.....
  • EvicanEvican Posts: 11

V1PER1987 said:

Alright guys, just like the new Dungeons and Featured 6-Star Crystals, we want to move away from announcing them in advance, but I will talk to the team about doing it one last time... I make no promises, but hold on for a bit.

Why do you want to move away from it? What benefit is there? All it does is interrupt our ability to plan what to do with shards/rank ups. Can you please explain the reasoning behind delaying the announcements?

All it does is make people hoard crystal shards until the last minute. This has never been the intention with anything in the game, and we have made this known throughout the History of the game many times. This is not a healthy behaviour for the game.
    SO?! How people build up shards and decide whether to hold onto them or pop them as soon as they hit 10K is THEIR CHOICE. If there is a new champ being added ot the crystal that they want, it's THEIR CHOICE if they save and wait for that.

Kabam is now teliing us HOW to play the game their way? This just got beyond a joke.
    CPT_Smash said:

Hoarding is also 100% an unhealthy behavior, and is classified as a mental disorder by the medical community.
    There is a difference between horsing crystals for a payoff and hoarding newspapers over 30 years making it impossible to move around your house.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    XSquad said:

Please explain the reasoning for bringing back the Blade feature crystal as a celebration and announcing it one month in advance.
    be careful you'll get banned for pointing out Kabam hypocrisy
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Alright guys, just like the new Dungeons and Featured 6-Star Crystals, we want to move away from announcing them in advance, but I will talk to the team about doing it one last time... I make no promises, but hold on for a bit.

I often defend Kabam on these forums, but I see no benefit in this change. I think many of us would like to know whether to open crystals now or wait a week, and with the increase in champ requirements, these decisions are even more crucial. Doesn't seem like the hardest thing for Kabam to do for us.
    You already know ~half the champions in the pool, if you are holding out to know what the other half is I am not sure the point. Most of the time people go for the new champions not the old.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Next thing kabam is going to tell us is that it’s unhealthy for the game to hoard units or potions and that we should strive to be at a healthy number of 0 at all times.
  • MacDaddyMacDaddy Posts: 3
    I think I understand where the game team is coming from. Clearly they put a lot of time and thought into creating the feature crystals, which have the best new champs, cost more shards to purchase, and only change every few months. Obviously they don’t want players to save up and buy these crystals, as it would be unhealthy for the game.
    All cleared up.
  • btothebraynbtothebrayn Posts: 20

Another thing y'all have said for years is that the team didn't want us to be forced to use specific champs for quests, yet that's been the majority of the player experience lately. This is a major concern of mine. It really makes me question the team's self-reported commitment to improve clarity with the player base
  • LucasBishopXLucasBishopX Posts: 28
    (1) Make a shards cap and allow overflow to go into stash with an expiry.
    (This will make the community mad, they’ll get over it just like they do with everything else...)

(2) Make a daily purchase cap, just like the one used with the Loyalty and Alliance Crystal.
    (This will make big spenders mad but it will allow a bit more balance in the game between the rich and the average players.)
    [*Warning* this may also make the CEO mad too. Less daily dollars from some, but they will still stick around to buy more tomorrow anyway.]

These are merely suggestions to help maintain the Health and Integrity of the game, fairly, amongst all of the community, not just the top spenders.

I maintain being impartial to whatever decision is made.
  • razielraziel Posts: 83
    Hey @Kabam Miike here's an idea: why don't you guys release a 5* featured crystal without featured champs inside? :smiley:
    That will prevent people from hoarding since they mostly do that for those featured champs. Problem solved!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

I often defend Kabam on these forums, but I see no benefit in this change. I think many of us would like to know whether to open crystals now or wait a week, and with the increase in champ requirements, these decisions are even more crucial. Doesn't seem like the hardest thing for Kabam to do for us.
    You already know ~half the champions in the pool, if you are holding out to know what the other half is I am not sure the point. Most of the time people go for the new champions not the old.
    We know 25% of the pool. And some of us are still looking for older champs like Hyperion, Medusa, Doctor Voodo, Quake, etc. So it is important to know the older champs.
This discussion has been closed.