**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Buffet and Masochism should have the same change with the Nick Fury synergy

iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
edited April 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
While the timing for the synergy change is horrible, I agree that removing only one debuff makes sense.

But if that's changed, what's the reasoning behind masochism and buffet triggering on multiple debuffs/buffs? Don't they have bssically the same text description? Why so inconsistent?

Also want to point out that it's very funny that Kaban fixed this ASAP, while Corvus still takes bleed/coldsnap damage sometimes, and the other million bugs that came with this clown fiesta update.

Comments

• Debuffs have had the issue/chance to be multi-purified for a very long time now. Proccing masochism or Korg sig with a parry will often remove other debuffs, such as bleed or void debuffs.

Nick Fury was taking advantage of this, and it was instantly fixed. Can we get the same fix for korg/king groot/ kingpin/Masochism/etc nodes aswell please? Its only fair.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    So are Fury’s tactical charges going to stop expiring if he has his fury buff like in his description?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    He wasn't taking advantage of anything. That's not how they intended him to operate. There's a difference.
  • They didn't intend him to shrug more than 1 debuff, he was doing exactly that due to a bug in the game that has been around for a very long time. They are fixing that. I know you love semantics Mr "wisdom", but you didn't even suceed at basic logic trolling. Try again, I'll be waiting for your next bait.

• webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

He wasn't taking advantage of anything. That's not how they intended him to operate. There's a difference.

are you saying that masochism is intended to shrug off more than one debuff at a time?

They didn't intend him to shrug more than 1 debuff, he was doing exactly that due to a bug in the game that has been around for a very long time. They are fixing that. I know you love semantics Mr "wisdom", but you didn't even suceed at basic logic trolling. Try again, I'll be waiting for your next bait.

I'm not trolling at all, actually. People are all bent out of shape because a Champ was fixed, and now the implication is they only fix bugs that benefit Players. I'm not blind.
    It was not how he was intended to perform.
    Masochism is not a Champ. It's a piece of content, and it can perform however they want the content to challenge us. It's not the same as a Champ that we use performing as intended. Is it supposed to shrug off more than one Buff? No idea. Ask them. All I know is people are making a fuss because they fixed something that was clearly outlined here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/127582/champion-spotlight-nick-fury/p1
  • Kingpin and Korg are champs Mr wisdom, they are both doing the same thing as fury.

I never said once they don't fix bugs that hurt players, don't put words in my mouth.

I'm simply asking if the fix applied to Nick fury will also hit the other debuff purifiying issue in the game, totally reasonable question/request.
    I'm pretty sure this is an extension of a conversation occurring in another Thread.
  • Nice dodge. xD

They didn't intend him to shrug more than 1 debuff, he was doing exactly that due to a bug in the game that has been around for a very long time. They are fixing that. I know you love semantics Mr "wisdom", but you didn't even suceed at basic logic trolling. Try again, I'll be waiting for your next bait.

I'm not trolling at all, actually. People are all bent out of shape because a Champ was fixed, and now the implication is they only fix bugs that benefit Players. I'm not blind.
    Masochism is not a Champ. It's a piece of content, and it can perform however they want the content to challenge us. It's not the same as a Champ that we use performing as intended. Is it supposed to shrug off more than one Buff? No idea. Ask them. All I know is people are making a fuss because they fixed something that was clearly outlined here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/127582/champion-spotlight-nick-fury/p1
    so you are saying that a piece of content shouldn't be performing as intended?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Kingpin and Korg are champs Mr wisdom, they are both doing the same thing as fury.

I never said once they don't fix bugs that hurt players, don't put words in my mouth.

I'm simply asking if the fix applied to Nick fury will also hit the other debuff purifiying issue in the game, totally reasonable question/request.

Kingpin and Korg have a constant shrug off ability so they should be able to shrug off all debuffs. Nicks synergy should only work once
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    LoPresti said:

Agreed, another example is a duped Captain America Infinity War that can place 2+ debuffs on an opponent on a masochism node and ALL of the debuffs get shrugged off. Even though Masochism is only supposed to shrug off 1 debuff as stated in the node description.

You do know CAIW has the ability to shrug off non-passive debuffs right?
    That wasn't a dodge at all. I was clarifying I know exactly what it stems from. I know what the implication is.

LoPresti said:

Agreed, another example is a duped Captain America Infinity War that can place 2+ debuffs on an opponent on a masochism node and ALL of the debuffs get shrugged off. Even though Masochism is only supposed to shrug off 1 debuff as stated in the node description.

all debuffs are non-passive. what do you mean by non-passive debuffs?? confused
  • HouseAtreidesHouseAtreides Posts: 8
    edited April 2019
    I'm not implying anything, so you are 100% incorrect.

I read patch notes, they just fixed two emma bugs in our favor this patch. I'm not a delusional complainer so you can't hand wave me away.

Purifying multiple debuffs has been an issue for a long time, Now that they figured it out with fury, I jsut want to know if it will/can be addressed in other places.

I'd love to be able to use resonate on void without him reseting all his debuffs vs anyone who shrugs or vs any mascochism node.

That wasn't a dodge at all. I was clarifying I know exactly what it stems from. I know what the implication is.

what is the implication?

it is also strange that one minute you are very firm about you know what the developer intended nick fury to be, because it is stated in his text.

the next minute you are saying (masochism) "Is it supposed to shrug off more than one Buff? No idea."

why can't the same logic apply? why can't we just look at the masochism node text to decide how it it should function? why suddenly you have no idea of how masochism is intended to perform? aren't you supposed to be the expert since you're knowledgable about every issue and respond to every thread? very curious
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited April 2019

Read the node. Masochism is intended to only shrug off ONE debuff. Else it would have the plural form.

Every 7 seconds the next Debuff triggered on this Champion is immediately removed.

It's quite clear it is intended to only shrug off 1 debuff, not multiple. The same is true for Nick Fury's synergy. Why is it that only the one benefiting the players is instantly hotfixed, while the other remains bugged? $$$
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Masoquism is intended to shrug off all debuffs proc at the same time of it's activation.
    Not a bug. Working as intended. Confirmed by the MOD's as intended behaviour.

• LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★

Masoquism is intended to shrug off all debuffs proc at the same time of it's activation.

But when Thor parries they only shrug off 1 debuff. Where's the consistency?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    LoPresti said:

Pacify does it sometimes
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    LoPresti said:

Thor stuns with a parry and breaks armor with the stun so the armor break is triggered after the stun
    Voltolos said:

LoPresti said:

Thor stuns with a parry and breaks armor with the stun so the armor break is triggered after the stun
    im confused. but the stun is immediately removed; if there's no stun to begin with, so how can armor break still trigger after? just like thor cannot armor break emma when parrying her
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★

LoPresti said:

You do know he is talking about the debuffs Cap applies to the opponent that has masochism
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Hey there,

This isn't just exclusive to Blade. Anytime 2 (or more) Debuffs are placed at the same time, Masochism will consume them all. This can probably be updated to be worded more clearly, and I will pass that on to the team.

Let this be a warning to all Dr Voodoo users out there!

Hey there,

This isn't just exclusive to Blade. Anytime 2 (or more) Debuffs are placed at the same time, Masochism will consume them all. This can probably be updated to be worded more clearly, and I will pass that on to the team.

Let this be a warning to all Dr Voodoo users out there!

This can probably be updated to be worded more clearly, and I will pass that on to the team.

like he said ,the description should be updated a long time ago
  • Asean18Asean18 Posts: 18
    Buffet need fixing too, Corvus loses all of his cruelty plus true damage buff at the start, buffet only supposed to take one
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Asean18 said:

Buffet need fixing too, Corvus loses all of his cruelty plus true damage buff at the start, buffet only supposed to take one

ExiTTer wrote: »

Yes, every single damn time on node 24 it’s like going in with 0 missions accomplished

This is correct. Buffet takes away the first Buff that activates, and if multiple activate at once, it will remove them all. Corvus's buffs are not passive, so they can be nullified/interacted with in other ways.

edited April 2019
    Threads get derailed because they get personal, most often. Which is usually the result of people not being able to agree or disagree in a respectful way.
    As for the topic, I believe Coat is correct. In the case of Champs that apply Debuffs at once, Corvus, etc., I believe they register as one. For example, if a Champ applies a Debuff through Block/Parry, I think it applies as one Debuff within the coding.
This discussion has been closed.