**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #2: Mystery in the Microrealm

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Drooped2 said:

IKON said:

You guys are so right, these gems are such a waste, i would never rank up Luke Cage, Spidergwen, Hulk, spiderman, Magik, Guillotine, Venom, Drax, Captain Marvel, Symbiote spiderman, Star Lord, Ultron, Hawkeye, Winter Solider, or Storm. All these characters suck.

I hope you pull 3 mutant gems from this and 3 from variant 1 so you can come back and tell us how good the 6 mutants you ranked are..

Oh wait theres only 4 available
    Yea, lets make decisions because of fringe cases that are incredibly unlikely to play out. Thats how you invest your time wisely.
    100% this will happen to someone.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

Drooped2 said:

Voltolos said:

Why dont you introduce a midtier difficulty for those who find variant needs a better roster and classic way too easy???

Because Act 4 and 5 are there for those people
    and act 1-3 , monthly heroic, normal and beginner for newbies whats the point in the super easy difficulty of variant then?
    It’s for nostalgia purposes
    and to stoke whale egos, enjoy your 2015 gems idiots
    I havent spent and variant 1 is done this has nothing to with whales.

Sorry you suck at the game. Have fun in act 1
    sorry you have a failure of a superiority complex, your special alright just not the "special" you think that you are. This games for players of ALL skill levels, not just your high and mighty ass. There is NO reason that they could not make a quest where mid tier players would not feel that they were wasting there time.

Sorry* you’re* game is*

The solution to this is really to overhaul all of the 2015 champs that just aren't good and do it quicker than two every couple of months. There are 58 champs that were out in 2015. I've left a list of the champs that are either not available as a 5* or could benefit from a slight revamp to major overhaul. That number is 44 if you include those not available as 5*. There are some that are in better shape than others(Drax, CM, MM, Guillotine), but even they are overshadowed by others that can do everything they can and then some. Not all champs have to be god tier, but they all should be relevant and currently nearly all of the 2015 champs aren't relevant in the end game.

Captain Marvel
    Drax
    Ms.Marvel
    Spider-Man (Symbiote)
    Ronan
    Gamora
    Groot
    Superior Iron-Man
    Thor
    Black Bolt
    Storm
    Cyclops (Red Team)
    Colossus
    Magneto
    Deadpool
    Wolverine
    Magneto (Marvel Now!)
    Deadpool (X-Force)
    Guillotine
    Iron Fist
    Juggernaut
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Dr. Strange
    Scarlet Witch
    Unstoppable Colossus
    Electro
    Ant-Man
    Yellowjacket
    Spider-Man
    Captain America
    Rhino
    Hulk
    Joe Fixit
    Black Panther
    Moon Knight
    Daredevil
    Daredevil (Classic)
    Hulkbuster
    Iron Patriot
    Kang
    Iron-Man
    Vision (AoU)
    War Machine

Unavailable as a 5 star:
    Ms Marvel (warranted)
    Gamora (add her please)
    Thor (add him please)
    Black Bolt (add him please)
    Deadpool (warranted)
    Wolverine (add him please)
    Magneto MN (warranted)
    Deadpool XF (warranted)
    Dr Strange (add him please)
    Scarlet Witch (add her please)
    Electro (add to basic)
    Abomination (add to basic)
    Joe Fixit (warranted)
    Classic Daredevil (delete Netflix and replace with Classic please)
    Cap WW2 (warranted)
    Kang (keep as P2W)
    Vision AOU (add him please)
    War Machine (warranted)
    Black Widow (add to basic)

Meme Tier (In SEVERE need of buff):
    Iron Man
    Sup Iron Man
    Iron Patriot
    Hulkbuster
    DD Netflix
    Moonknight
    Unstoppable Colussus
    Colossus
    Cyclops Red
    Magneto
    Groot
    Ant Man (synergy champ)
    Rhino

Meh Tier (even at sig 200):
    Captin Marvel
    Drax
    Black Spidey
    Ronan
    Iron Fist
    Juggs
    Jane Foster
    Cap Am
    Spider-Man
    Yellowjacket
    Black Panther
    Electra
    Punisher
    Storm

Worth a gem (all basically need the dup):
    Star Lord
    Ultron AOU
    Vision OG (paywall)
    Hawkeye
    Winter Soldier
    Hulk
    Luke Cage
    Spider Gwen
    Venom
    Magik
    Guilly
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    ^I took up Hawkeye, Winter Soldier and undupped LC with my first 3 gems. If I pull another skill I will have to decide between undupped Electra and undupped BP. And I have a deep roster.

I have SL and Magik at R4 from long ago. That leaves Guilly who I have dupped I wouldn't mind taking up. Hulk and SG I have undupped, May take SG up undupped. Don’t have Ultron or Venom.

So no matter what 3 gems I pull, some will be sitting in my inventory to pull champs from 2015 or waiting for meme/meh champs to get buffed. That is just bad game design. I will do the content for the challenge and other rewards, but still annoyed, and I have a deep roster for a light spender/hard grinder.

Voltolos said:

Why dont you introduce a midtier difficulty for those who find variant needs a better roster and classic way too easy???

and act 1-3 , monthly heroic, normal and beginner for newbies whats the point in the super easy difficulty of variant then?
    and to stoke whale egos, enjoy your 2015 gems idiots "get GOOD" keep rewards the same...after all ALL end game players should be able to handle "trash" champions. I hope Kabam completely ignores you all. see if a Majority will come to your side next time.

What? lol no idea what you are saying. All permanent content always and forever will be end game, wherever the end game happens to be. The beginner level is the quest as it was (mostly) for people to revisit or for people who missed it the first time. End game players need content whether or not it strokes their ego. Don't think you get how the game works.
    People asking for new permanent content at mid tier levels don't get the game.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

Don’t bother about him bro. Who has that superior complex is clear as day just by looking at the forum names.

My personality matches my ign better then my forum name...

Ay-hole
    #commentoftheday 😂
  • Shivamrajak124Shivamrajak124 Posts: 58
    i am not satisfied for classic rewards
  • Shivamrajak124Shivamrajak124 Posts: 58
    next time please make one more difficulty feature that i can handle and got a good reward
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

next time please make one more difficulty feature that i can handle and got a good reward

No.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Ace_03 said:

Variant is the apex of difficulty, something to strive for, if you are not ready then work towards it as the ultimate goal.
    Act 1-5 has plenty of rewards, so do the cyclical challenges. There is also UC every month and LOL.

Asking for a "mid-tier" version of Variant is asinine and short-sighted. The difficulty doesn't adapt to you, you have to adapt to the difficulty.
    get over it already and stop whimpering about what you can't do. It's not meant for you and there is a plethora of content for you to still cover.

This should be stickied to the announcement, as well as future editions/announcements of variant quests to come.

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

i am not satisfied for classic rewards

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    As an fyi to everyone, if they dont start skipping quests for back issues, next one released will also be a 2015 event, and therefore (likely) include 2015 gems.

https://marvel-contestofchampions.fandom.com/wiki/Polar_Opposites
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    IKON said:

As an fyi to everyone, if they dont start skipping quests for back issues, next one released will also be a 2015 event, and therefore (likely) include 2015 gems.

https://marvel-contestofchampions.fandom.com/wiki/Polar_Opposites

But that one could be released together with a magneto buff. That would be cool
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★

Ace_03 said:

2015 champ options for the 2015 exclusive rank up gems, in case anyone needs the info (as it has been stated, some are not available in the 5* variant)

Captain Marvel
    Drax
    Ms.Marvel
    Spider-Man (Symbiote)
    Venom
    Ronan
    Gamora
    Groot
    Superior Iron-Man
    Thor
    Black Bolt
    Storm
    Cyclops (Red Team)
    Colossus
    Magneto
    Deadpool
    Wolverine
    Magneto (Marvel Now!)
    Deadpool (X-Force)
    Magik
    Guillotine
    Iron Fist
    Juggernaut
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Dr. Strange
    Scarlet Witch
    Unstoppable Colossus
    Luke Cage
    Electro
    Ant-Man
    Yellowjacket
    Spider-Man
    Captain America
    Spider-Gwen
    Rhino
    Hulk
    Abomination
    Joe Fixit
    Captain America (WW2)
    Black Panther
    Moon Knight
    Elektra
    Punisher
    Daredevil
    Winter Soldier
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    Daredevil (Classic)
    Rocket Raccoon
    Hulkbuster
    Ultron
    Iron Patriot
    Star-Lord
    Kang
    Iron-Man
    Vision (AoU)
    War Machine
    Vision

Kabam pls clarify how many of these champs are relevant in the present state of the game . For end game content mainly

It would take to long to discuss how pinching and kicking drains health of opponent. But that s the norm of it. Plenty of YouTube vids on game play for beginners if still confused though

Drooped2 said:

Voltolos said:

and to stoke whale egos, enjoy your 2015 gems idiots
    I havent spent and variant 1 is done this has nothing to with whales.

Sorry you suck at the game. Have fun in act 1
    sorry you have a failure of a superiority complex, your special alright just not the "special" you think that you are. This games for players of ALL skill levels, not just your high and mighty ass. There is NO reason that they could not make a quest where mid tier players would not feel that they were wasting there time.

You are asking for a permanent master level quest that will become obsolete the day it comes out. They DO make that quest every month. It's called the EQ. You really don't get it.
    poor simple minded fool thinks the game revolves around him, that they should cater to just "end game players" maybe you should learn that the world does not revolve around 5% of the game. Its beyond stupid to not include something that should entertain everyone and allow EVERYONE to do a part of the quest. esp when they say its a "trip down memory lane and nestolga"
    Lmao. It has nothing to do with the game revolving around anything. It’s the way permanent content works. Classic level is a trip down memory lane. According to your take the entire game has been “beyond stupid” it’s entire existence because not once has new permanent content come out with something for EVERYONE. Also poor simple minded fool? Who says that lol
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    The other issue you have is quite a few of these 2015 champs are available as 6*. I for one have Gully, Rocket, and Storm as 6* why would I spend the resources to rank up the 5* version even with the gem.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Wow this thread is accurate... Talk about back “issues”. At the rate this thread is going back issues will be the least of our concerns.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    What did I just read? Did someone have a meltdown? :/
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Asto03 said:

I really don’t understand why other mid tier players complain about lack of content or too much endgame content.

Lots of different reasons with different degrees of validity, but a big part of it is that many players see every single piece of content as "targeted" at someone. Beginner is targeted at beginners, master is targeted at master, the maze is targeted at psychos.

That's true to a degree, but it is also not true. It is more correct to say that all the progressional content is targeted at everyone, and the end game content is targeted at everyone who has basically reached the end of the progress ladder. In that respect, over 90% of the content in the game is targeted at everyone, and less than 10% is actually specifically targeted at end game players. If you don't see that, you can find yourself thinking that the "only" content "meant" for you is the teeny tiny part that just happens to be the closest to your progressional level at the moment. But that's kind of like thinking that only a tiny percentage of the resources in a school are targeted at your kids. Well, sort of. They can only be in one grade at a time. On the other hand, presumably your kids will eventually pass through all those grades. In a larger and more important sense, all grades are for all kids.