**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Night Crawler switch bug

Night Crawler switching trick was fixed recently. Much to the dissapointment of everyone as there was never an issue reported or mentioned before yet you "fixed" something. But now my old way of switching NC was by hitting into his block when he evaded backwards long enough for the timer to run down.

Now i know his timer will stop once he evades, even if he is blocking. But i have video and it has happend now numerous times where i am hitting into his block and no evade triggers yet the timer disappears.

Please advise why???

Image while hitting into block

Next hit and notice no evade message yet timer is gone.

Comments

• WolfkashWolfkash Posts: 6
    The release and engage is my issue. This would also the be the reason why it allows the AI to activate a special while you are hitting into his/her block @xNig
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Wolfkash said:

The release and engage is my issue. This would also the be the reason why it allows the AI to activate a special while you are hitting into his/her block @xNig

Which we can do as well...
    Asbulet not only if ther delays ther hit with Ther only doss if ther is to pasive with ther only is in arean.
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Posts: 68
    edited April 2019
    I have same issue with NC great time for a bug or change in AI with AQ up and mini boss is NC this week.....The game is broken in so many different ways list is long
  • RedTide75RedTide75 Posts: 29
    Seems like kabam would test the update before experimenting on its customers. NC is almost impossible to switch, lag is ridiculous throughout all game modes, AI adjustments so enemy can recover from a missed hit or special... amazing how kabam allows AI to do what we are not allowed to do... dumb and frustrating... kabam will loose customers for this patch!
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Agree, Nc now is harder to push to switch mode. Pity I did not explored that path at 6.1.3 before update.
    xNig said:

Similar to how the player inputs affect block, the AI can momentarily release it's block and reengage it, bringing it out of it's mode switching.

With so many true strike champs around nowadays, it's not a big deal to handle NC.

I don’t think that many have 5* champs that bypass evade to take especially for NC at act 6.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Bpn88855 said:

xNig said:

Similar to how the player inputs affect block, the AI can momentarily release it's block and reengage it, bringing it out of it's mode switching.

With so many true strike champs around nowadays, it's not a big deal to handle NC.

I don’t think that many have 5* champs that bypass evade to take especially for NC at act 6.
    Let's see....

Karnak (8.5s after sp1)
    Cable (17s after sp3)
    KM (16s after counter sp)
    Corvus with Proxima (Permanent after gaining charge)
    Proxima (5s after mission)
    Heimdall (Permanent after any sp)
    Gamora (11s after sp3)

Might have missed a few... But given the time with true strike buffs up, how is it that he can't be switched? Not to mention he's duped and ridiculously easy to switch when he is.
  • ChenChen Posts: 115
    If they changed the AI for air punch they should fix the hitting block and losing the timer. It's not the way it is intended so they should fix it.
  • JakobitzJakobitz Posts: 41
    I've encountered the same problem with switching NC in AQ via the punching into his blocks method. Kabam, please address this one way or the other. Is this the new way you intend NC to function? If so, a heads up would have been nice.

And for those who glibly say I should bring a true strike champ, let me say, I do not bring evade counters for NC fights because we are supposed to be able to switch his stance. If that is no longer the case, then Kabam needs to tell us that. If this is functioning as intended, and not an actual bug, than it's a rather important piece of information to have been left off of the patch notes.
    xNig said:

Bpn88855 said:

xNig said:

Let's see....

Karnak (8.5s after sp1)
    Cable (17s after sp3)
    Gamora (11s after sp3)

Might have missed a few... But given the time with true strike buffs up, how is it that he can't be switched? Not to mention he's duped and ridiculously easy to switch when he is.
    When did u last fought NC? U can try it, for example NC mini boss at AQ. It was never a problem for me to clear 2 boss with LC. After update that’s almost impossible, he resets his timer while I am hitting his block.

• Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    "Working as Intended"
    Bpn88855 said:

xNig said:

Bpn88855 said:

xNig said:

Let's see....

Karnak (8.5s after sp1)
    Cable (17s after sp3)
    Gamora (11s after sp3)

When did u last fought NC? U can try it, for example NC mini boss at AQ. It was never a problem for me to clear 2 boss with LC. After update that’s almost impossible, he resets his timer while I am hitting his block.

Today. 😊

He can be downed without switching stance as well. But yes, his block holding goes off very easily even if you do everything right.
  • @xNig your wrong with the new bug he never hold block enough to ever switch even when hitting into his block he evades. Nc is so bugged he's evading even when he's in the middle of a heavy attack and you are intercepting / interrupting.
    edited April 2019

@xNig your wrong with the new bug he never hold block enough to ever switch even when hitting into his block he evades. Nc is so bugged he's evading even when he's in the middle of a heavy attack and you are intercepting / interrupting.

That’s not a bug. He has a % to evade ANY hit, regardless of whether you are in between specials or hitting into his block. It has been like this ever since he’s been introduced years back. It’s time to get rid of the over reliance on the switch trick.

https://youtu.be/OedofzF0-TA

You’re welcome.

Sigh.. when will people understand that I don’t make baseless claims.
  • I have tested for an hour and can possibly claim that Kabam has changed the AI recovery time while the opponent is blocking. Now AI will recover very fast, almost immediately after holding the block. This can explain the issues with NC, hitting block but facing the enemy's special attacks, etc.

Last month Kabam changed the AI recovery time after the opponent was doing median or light attacks, which caused the Ghost issue.

This month Kabam changed the AI recovery time after the opponent holds the block, which causes many more troubles.
  • Erunnu_87Erunnu_87 Posts: 34
    xNig said:

I think you’re missing the bigger point here. If NC can do that (release and re-engage) that means that every champion can do that. Not a biggie in AQ, but think when your opponent can parry, like in AW. Do we need to expect to get parried mid combo because of this release and re-engage thing?! I should hope not.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • Mystix13Mystix13 Posts: 50
    Erunnu_87 said:

xNig said:

I think you’re missing the bigger point here. If NC can do that (release and re-engage) that means that every champion can do that. Not a biggie in AQ, but think when your opponent can parry, like in AW. Do we need to expect to get parried mid combo because of this release and re-engage thing?! I should hope not.
    You are completely right that this causes more issues. I had x-23 throw her special attack at me while I was in the middle of hitting her block. Champs have never been able to do this before without special block attributes (Modok for example).
    Erunnu_87 said:

xNig said:

If there’s a gap between the hits within your combo, why not?
    xNig said:

I can't tell if you are just trying to be contrary... but the simple point is, there is no need for a true strike champ when kabam designed NC to switch. The mechanics of the champ have changed, and was the subject of this chat... who cares if u think it doesn't matter and can be dealt with a true strike champ. It is a bug and should be fixed. From your arrogant post here you sound like you are downing the other players, you should only post if you are actually being helpful.
    RedTide75 said:

xNig said:

I can't tell if you are just trying to be contrary... but the simple point is, there is no need for a true strike champ when kabam designed NC to switch. The mechanics of the champ have changed, and was the subject of this chat... who cares if u think it doesn't matter and can be dealt with a true strike champ. It is a bug and should be fixed. From your arrogant post here you sound like you are downing the other players, you should only post if you are actually being helpful.
    xNig said:

@xNig your wrong with the new bug he never hold block enough to ever switch even when hitting into his block he evades. Nc is so bugged he's evading even when he's in the middle of a heavy attack and you are intercepting / interrupting.

That’s not a bug. He has a % to evade ANY hit, regardless of whether you are in between specials or hitting into his block. It has been like this ever since he’s been introduced years back. It’s time to get rid of the over reliance on the switch trick.

https://youtu.be/OedofzF0-TA

You’re welcome.

Sigh.. when will people understand that I don’t make baseless claims.
    Didn’t use a true strike champ (or rather didn’t activate true strike until I switched him).

Using a true strike champ isn’t helpful advice? Tsktsk. Get good.
    You are dueling an unduped NC ... Get smart
    As far as not being helpful, I was referring to you condescending comment when someone posted that AI is interrupting combos with a special.... if you read other forum post, there are many reporting this issue.... and your assumption is ...."IF there is a break in your combo...why not" get over yoursef
    RedTide75 said:

You are dueling an unduped NC ... Get smart

An unduped NC is harder to switch than a duped one. Get smart.
    RedTide75 said:

As far as not being helpful, I was referring to you condescending comment when someone posted that AI is interrupting combos with a special.... if you read other forum post, there are many reporting this issue.... and your assumption is ...."IF there is a break in your combo...why not" get over yoursef

You do know you can evade out of an AI’s combo mid combo as well ya? Or can parry the subsequent hits of the AI?

Before you run your mouth, learn how the game works.
    You are a self righteous troll... high and mighty... I know the game bro, and have been the main boss killer for NC. READ THE HEADING OF POST....NC IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY... it is a know issue, sure it can be dealt with. But shouldn't it be reported... oh wait that's what this post is for. Not to beat up everyone... basically saying "GET GOOD'
    edited April 2019
    Not working properly? Watch the video.

If you are having problems with fighting NC because you can't do the switch trick, then that's on you. It's a switch "TRICK". Explains why you don't know that an unduped NC is harder to switch than a duped one.
    Can't fix the problem you have... but for the sake of others.. maybe you should think through your post... if you were trying to be helpful you have failed.
  • rahul30rahul30 Posts: 19
    edited April 2019
    @Wolfkash happened with me too.the timer disappeared suddenly while he was still blocking. the AI cannot release and hold the block again so fast that i can't even see it happening XD