**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What game mechanic always gets on your nerves?

Comments

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Zuro said:

DNA3000 said:

@DNA3000 this was a post about what I felt was the most annoying ability. Am I entitled to an opinion on certain abilities in the game? Everyone has a mechanic that they hate.

Am I entitled to comment on that opinion, or did the forum ownership change hands and I didn't notice.
    Just because it was here at the start of the game even though it wasn’t doesn’t change the fact that it is still annoying like do you always start debates for no reason like he stated his OWN opinion it’s not like he is talking for the community just for his self personally yet you want to critique him over his own opinion which is HIS not yours so why does it matter to you in anyway
    Why does mine matter to you?
    It matters to me because i feel bad for iceberg who has to waste his time debating with you over the most idiotic it’s like you live off starting dumb arguments like he was just stating his opinion and u critique his opinion well guess what... it’s HIS opinion so why do u feel like you need to go after him just because he has one. You must really live off of negativity
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

@will-o-wisp you talk about players needing to read and then in the same post say passive buffs don't exist. Well last i looked she hulks furies were definitely considered as a passive buff. Again why are you trying to devalue his opinion on a topic discussing which game mechanics players find frustrating, what ever the reason it's an opinion and they are entitled to have it.

Those are passive furies, not buffs.
    A buff is an active ability. A buff isn't passive, and passive abilities are not buffs
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    @Bidzy7 technically passive buffs don’t exist. That’s because a buff has to be active. Anything passive isn’t a buff.
    The term they usually use is a passive effect.

Regardless I agree with you that technicality isn’t necessarily that important in a context where the OP just wanted to share an opinion.
  • SiM_bURRSiM_bURR Posts: 14
    @DNA3000 ur so full of urself guy, jesus F christ man, u just some old fart who likes to hear himself talk but since no one in real life wants to get near u to listen, u come here instead and start typing paragraphs upon paragraphs about s*** no one has time to read, what is/are the most annoying game mechanics for you? your answer shouldn't take no more than 2 sentences, nobody including OP asked for a breakdown of game mechanics from you and why you think certain mechanics is justified. L
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Onmix said:

@Bidzy7 technically passive buffs don’t exist. That’s because a buff has to be active. Anything passive isn’t a buff.
    The term they usually use is a passive effect.

Regardless I agree with you that technicality isn’t necessarily that important in a context where the OP just wanted to share an opinion.

Hm well i would say that anything which enhances a champions abilities or attributes can technically be classed as a buff as by definition a buff relates to buffing an attribute, which in the case of shes hulks passive fury increases her attack. But yeah my main point was why are people are attacking another players opinions.
  • SligSlig Posts: 344 ★★
    The lag mechanic
    i digress, my most annoying game mechanic i can't stand is the AI Dex. i hate it when they continuously evade me by constantly DEXing, so freaking annoying aarrrgggghhhhh!!!
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Ambushes
    @Slig same here bud, dk how in the F i forgot about the LAG, especially since the lag has became a staple of every update and everyday grind in MCOC world lol
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

Bidzy7 said:

@will-o-wisp you talk about players needing to read and then in the same post say passive buffs don't exist. Well last i looked she hulks furies were definitely considered as a passive buff. Again why are you trying to devalue his opinion on a topic discussing which game mechanics players find frustrating, what ever the reason it's an opinion and they are entitled to have it.

A buff is an active ability. A buff isn't passive, and passive abilities are not buffs
    Well by definition a buff is something which buffs an attribute in a positive way and doesn't really have any bearing on being active or not. When a champions stats are increased do we not say the champion was buffed ? Did people not refer to the changes to She hulk and spidergwen as buffs ? Therefore why would you not refer to she hulks fury as a buff since it increases her attack ?
    The whole active and passive aspects of these effects is for kabam to distinguish which things can be affected by certain mechanics and which can't.
    Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

Well by definition a buff is something which buffs an attribute in a positive way and doesn't really have any bearing on being active or not. When a champions stats are increased do we not say the champion was buffed ? Did people not refer to the changes to She hulk and spidergwen as buffs ? Therefore why would you not refer to she hulks fury as a buff since it increases her attack ?
    The whole active and passive aspects of these effects is for kabam to distinguish which things can be affected by certain mechanics and which can't.
    The whole active and passive thing is pretty confusing although I prefer calling stuff like IMIW Armor Up buffs as passive buffs because I feel like saying effects would confuse and the Armor Up is basically a buff anyways but just passive

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    The part where I get hit and then I lose health.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Unblockable + Unstoppable = 💩💩🚽 🤬
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

Kabam could have chosen to call effects "Active" and "Passive" in which case the passive buffs would be immune to things like nullify and the active buffs would not. But that would mean they would have to rewrite all the text descriptions that talk about certain things affecting "Buffs" to affect "Active Buffs." Instead they decided to keep the language about all those things affecting "Buffs" and refer to "passive buffs" as "passive effects" instead. It is just a question of consistent terminology, and they chose the way that would affect the fewest number of previously established text descriptions.

The real problem they ran into hinges on a quirk of how colloquial English works. If I say that a particular effect affects "Buffs" should it affect a "Passive Buff?" The obvious answer is yes, but that's because we presume that "Passive Buffs" are buffs that happen to be passive. But in fact, the game servers don't work that way. The software is literal, so "Buff" != "Passive Buff." Something that affects buffs doesn't necessarily affect "passive buffs" because that's a different thing with a different label. The computer would treat "buff" and "passive buff" differently, but humans would treat one as a kind of the other. That distinction initially escaped the developers, and then when they realized it was a point of confusion they had to change the language in a way more obvious for people to understand, but by then many players adopted definitions common to other games which differs from how the terms are used in MCOC.

Every game defines "buff" a little differently, and MCOC just happens to define it more differently than most. In fact, when the game was first released MCOC did in fact define buff in the way you state above: there's even a knowledge base article which presents basically the exact same definition, so four years ago the developers would have agreed with you. But that isn't how the current developers are using the words now.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Act 4 starburst...
  • _Chaos__Chaos_ Posts: 143
    Act 4.3.1 Act 5 Act 6 PHC's Bad champions
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    I hate certain champs not using their sp
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Adaptoids with Evade specifically the one in Variant #2
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    The bugs and closing down the threads on them
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Lag
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    Mesmerize
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    Biohazard. Simple enough to deal with if you have an Immune. Hell if you didn't bring one.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    The goddam AI that refuses to throw specials.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    This is hilarious. A forum full of people who complain endlessly about this game... arguing with each other on a particular thread on said forum devoted entirely to complaining about the game.

“Y’all got any more of them rank-down tickets though?”

*scratch scratch*

I would never play anything if I despised it as much as these people do.

This is hilarious. A forum full of people who complain endlessly about this game... arguing with each other on a particular thread on said forum devoted entirely to complaining about the game.

*scratch scratch*

I still play this game because I put too much of my time into it and I’m not putting that time to waste

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

*scratch scratch*

I still play this game because I put too much of my time into it and I’m not putting that time to waste

In hopes of not wasting what? People put lots of time into lots of things. Marriages, careers, etc. Sometimes ya gotta walk away if all something does is piss you off. Find things that bring you joy.

Zuro said:

*scratch scratch*

In hopes of not wasting what? People put lots of time into lots of things. Marriages, careers, etc. Sometimes ya gotta walk away if all something does is piss you off. Find things that bring you joy.
    Don’t get me wrong this game does tick me off sometimes but that’s what games do and eventually when stuff does finally go your way it makes the success feel more impactful and I’m just waiting for the success to come through before my patience is gone

• Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    I hate robots doing benefit from masteries I paid money for. Lol. I think darkhawk should have stayed as he was out the box and Ultrons regen should get the small boost the mastery provides.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Salve. Seeing that +1/2 ticks of regen is irritating. 😬
  • MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
    Autorotate. In the middle of a fight, the screen will suddenly flip, and your block etc. will fail.

Although this appears to be treated as a device issue, those of us without Turing machines, and anyone who accidentally tips their phone risks throwing their fight.

Why not simply block autorotate during a fight unless paused? This has to be the easiest thing to fix.