**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Account Sharing Bans - InfoBot "Services"

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Cheyneed wrote: »
    Many interesting points raised here but the reality is this. There are no bans for account sharing. Bans are only given for modding. It would be an interesting step forward for Kabam to ban mercs or people that purchase their services, however it simply hasn't happened.

I'm sure many will disagree. You have drunk too deeply of the Kool-Aid.

This is simply not true. In the last week or so, there have been a number of Posts asking to reinstate their Accounts with only Account Sharing as the transgressions. If you're under the impression that Account Sharing alone is not bannable, you would be wrong. It's always been agaisnt TOS. The fact that people still believe it's acceptable is baffling to me.

Ugh, your naivety is astonishing. It is as @DNA3000 stated, people have been banned for account sharing because the person they they shared with was using a mod. There may have also been some people banned for account sharing who were running the arena for 24 hours a day back in the early days. I will reiterate, people do not get banned for simply sharing accounts. If they did 90% of those in a top 100 alliance would be banned. @GroundedWisdom please refrain from speaking on things you know nothing about.

All you did was provide an example of the exact misconception I just stated. I've been here, reading Posts. The most recent ones weren't just Modding. They were people who allowed others to log in for them. I know what I'm talking about. If you want to continue under that false pretense, that's up to you. I'm not going to let people think it's allowed. It's not. It is bannable. They have banned for Account Sharing alone. Sorry to break it to you, but any violation of TOS can be a bannable offense, and it's been done before.

You are wrong. And I can verify you are wrong simply by observing that all of the top alliances still exist. Or are you now insinuating that Kabam only bans people for account sharing who have no discernible impact on their income? Seems like you are in a tough spot here.

Boom roasted. *wink

I am not wrong. First off, the Top Allies are not solely responsible for the income of the game. Considering the yearly gross, that does not come from such a small demographic.
    Secondly, the idea that people are untouchable because of where they are in the game is hilarious to me. There was a clear message sent from the most recent waves of bans. Undoubtedly there are still some who are in denial about this. People have been banned for Account Sharing alone. They are becoming more diligent in tracking them down. It's funny how some can be indignant about it because when the time comes they take action on them, they'll be the first to come and post about it. The cockier people are about it, the more red flags go up. No one is above the rules, regardless of their Ally or spending habits. The more the issue comes up, the more diligent they will be.
    I am not wrong. People have been convincing themselves that it won't be dealt with. Best of luck to them.
  • I am not following your logic but were at a point now where arguing over this stuff makes both parties look stupid.
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    edited August 2017
    Kabam needs to do a better job on account sharing even moving a fellow alliance member team in war or aq is cheating and people call that help I really don't have any sympathy for cheaters is against terms of service and there not excuse phones tablet and internet connection are easy to trace so is not impossible to trace account sharing kabam should know from Wich ip address I'm usually playing and Wich devices so is not like is impossible to determine I work in computer and I know is possible
    edited August 2017
    Many interesting points raised here but the reality is this. There are no bans for account sharing. Bans are only given for modding. It would be an interesting step forward for Kabam to ban mercs or people that purchase their services, however it simply hasn't happened.

This is simply not true. In the last week or so, there have been a number of Posts asking to reinstate their Accounts with only Account Sharing as the transgressions. If you're under the impression that Account Sharing alone is not bannable, you would be wrong. It's always been agaisnt TOS. The fact that people still believe it's acceptable is baffling to me.

Ugh, your naivety is astonishing. It is as @DNA3000 stated, people have been banned for account sharing because the person they they shared with was using a mod. There may have also been some people banned for account sharing who were running the arena for 24 hours a day back in the early days. I will reiterate, people do not get banned for simply sharing accounts. If they did 90% of those in a top 100 alliance would be banned. @GroundedWisdom please refrain from speaking on things you know nothing about.

All you did was provide an example of the exact misconception I just stated. I've been here, reading Posts. The most recent ones weren't just Modding. They were people who allowed others to log in for them. I know what I'm talking about. If you want to continue under that false pretense, that's up to you. I'm not going to let people think it's allowed. It's not. It is bannable. They have banned for Account Sharing alone. Sorry to break it to you, but any violation of TOS can be a bannable offense, and it's been done before.

You are wrong. And I can verify you are wrong simply by observing that all of the top alliances still exist. Or are you now insinuating that Kabam only bans people for account sharing who have no discernible impact on their income? Seems like you are in a tough spot here.

Boom roasted. *wink

I am not wrong. First off, the Top Allies are not solely responsible for the income of the game. Considering the yearly gross, that does not come from such a small demographic.
    Secondly, the idea that people are untouchable because of where they are in the game is hilarious to me. There was a clear message sent from the most recent waves of bans. Undoubtedly there are still some who are in denial about this. People have been banned for Account Sharing alone. They are becoming more diligent in tracking them down. It's funny how some can be indignant about it because when the time comes they take action on them, they'll be the first to come and post about it. The cockier people are about it, the more red flags go up. No one is above the rules, regardless of their Ally or spending habits. The more the issue comes up, the more diligent they will be.
    I am not wrong. People have been convincing themselves that it won't be dealt with. Best of luck to them.

Again, you are wrong. Also, your argument is a red herring (look it up). I never stated that top alliances are solely responsible for the income of the game, that is a childish distraction from what I did say. I said if Kabam was banning account sharing 90% of the top alliances would have been banned. They have not. Ergo, Kabam is not banning soley for account sharing. Your other plausible option, which I gave you, is that Kabam is only banning account sharers who don't considerably contribute to the bottom line. Since you refuse to actually acknowledge the issues I put in front of you and continue to just spout nonsense I will bid you farewell.

And again, roasted. *wink

No one was roasted. All you're doing is arguing with assumed and inaccurate facts that are used to justify wrong behavior. It's bannable. They have taken action against it. If you believe it's overlooked because allegedly those Allies are engaging in it, all you're doing is highlighting the need for further diligence. If anyone chooses to engage in that behavior thinking they won't take action, they will be in for a shocking surprise when they do. I believe that's the definition of ignorance.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    How is it you assume people that have spent 1000s or dollars and hours on their account to maintain their position at the top of the game are sharing their accounts? Not buying (and never have) this whole thing about top alliances sharing thier accounts with each other and leaving those accounts vulnerable to others.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
  • MadraakMadraak Posts: 3
    @Kabam Miike So people are basically getting banned for using infobot and not account sharing right? How come that one guy in my actual alliance got banned for account sharing, never used any sort of cheat to play rol or lol, never even tried to go for it and people from my old alliance used to and must still be sharing like 4 to 5 accounts for aq are still playing ??? That same guy who got banned sent a mail to tech support and was told that he got banned for acnt sharing!!
    Madraak wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike So people are basically getting banned for using infobot and not account sharing right? How come that one guy in my actual alliance got banned for account sharing, never used any sort of cheat to play rol or lol, never even tried to go for it and people from my old alliance used to and must still be sharing like 4 to 5 accounts for aq are still playing ??? That same guy who got banned sent a mail to tech support and was told that he got banned for acnt sharing!!

People are getting banned for Account Sharing. Using InfoBot is not agaisnt the rules. Using "Services" through InfoBot, where someone hires another person to advance their Account is. It breaks a number of rules. One of them is Account Sharing.
  • CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    edited August 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    How is it you assume people that have spent 1000s or dollars and hours on their account to maintain their position at the top of the game are sharing their accounts? Not buying (and never have) this whole thing about top alliances sharing thier accounts with each other and leaving those accounts vulnerable to others.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Cute quote. Here's mine, "Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean you aren't wrong."

I don't understand why people who aren't at a top tier stage of the game are making truth claims about what is and isn't happening at the top tiers. If you don't know then you should stop commenting like you do. What you believe or don't believe is irrelevant. I am telling you guys the truth and you want to debate with me like I have some kind of agenda or reason to lie. These forums are unbelievable.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

The fact that the posts claimed they only shared an account is neither here nor there. Most people aren't going to say that they used a mod or used someone who used a mode. Having said that, I have no idea whether accounts have been banned merely for account sharing. Best bet is don't share your account.

The fact that the posts claimed they only shared an account is neither here nor there. Most people aren't going to say that they used a mod or used someone who used a mode. Having said that, I have no idea whether accounts have been banned merely for account sharing. Best bet is don't share your account.

The sheer number of people saying the same thing with the last wave of bans is an indication that they're telling the truth. That many people didn't post the same lie in the same few days. It's a fact. People refuse to accept it. If they want to continue believing that and engaging in it, it's their Account that is at risk. Foolish, if you ask me.
  • CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    edited August 2017

The sheer number of people saying the same thing with the last wave of bans is an indication that they're telling the truth. That many people didn't post the same lie in the same few days. It's a fact. People refuse to accept it. If they want to continue believing that and engaging in it, it's their Account that is at risk. Foolish, if you ask me.

By that logic then Kabam is banning people for no reason? Because many of those people claimed to not account share or mod. According to you "the sheer number of people saying the same thing with the last wave of bans is an indication that they're telling the truth." Or do you you only cite that type of obviously faulty logic when you are defending Kabam? I gave you the truth already. You simply refuse to believe it.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Been reading this thread for a bit don't exactly understand how kabam saying something is against tos still has people convinced they can't get banned for doing it

By that logic then Kabam is banning people for no reason? Because many of those people claimed to not account share or mod. According to you "the sheer number of people saying the same thing with the last wave of bans is an indication that they're telling the truth." Or do you you only cite that type of obviously faulty logic when you are defending Kabam? I gave you the truth already. You simply refuse to believe it.

Kabam saying something is banable people say they got banned for doing the thing kabam said is banable why are you still convinced it's not banable?
    edited August 2017

I'm done arguing this with you. If you refuse to accept the facts, that's on you. You seem to be in major denial about the issue, and argue adamantly. One could easily assume that you engage in it, based on your incessant assertion, but I'm not one to make accusations. Although I would point out the fact that you may draw attention to your own cause. It's against the rules. It is a bannable offense. They have banned on that basis. I've got nothing more to add because this is going in circles, and I don't have time for arguing with denial and ego.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Oh and @Smarter_than_Mike I saw you reference CoC, clearly you know nothing of the psychic octopus. Blow hard.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Cute quote. Here's mine, "Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean you aren't wrong."

I don't understand why people who aren't at a top tier stage of the game are making truth claims about what is and isn't happening at the top tiers. If you don't know then you should stop commenting like you do. What you believe or don't believe is irrelevant. I am telling you guys the truth and you want to debate with me like I have some kind of agenda or reason to lie. These forums are unbelievable.
    What you bring forth as evidence is "I'm telling you guys the truth"? So you cannot back up your assesrtion ithat the top share their accounts. Seems legit... Go ahead an drop some arguments from ignorance next. Mayhaps you will go for one from authority? Sorry your entire argument relies on supposition and is flawed at its foundations. Try speaking on it when you can back it up.
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    I like to play this game because I can use one made up character that looks cool to smash another made up character that looks cool right in the face.

I also enjoy this aspect of the game!
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Now I don't know about you guys but I think this is clear proof that all top 300 alliances cheat guy named about 7 accounts he knew but still kabam should ban all top players
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★

Boom roasted. *wink

You are so right. You are right with your first post and even more right with the second. 100%. Make it 110%. Bingo. You are the man (or woman).

It is just like real-life. There are absolutely no laws against murder or even cops trying to capture them.

How do we know?

Because there are still murderers running free and people are still being killed every day. That's how we know.

Have money? No problem. Just don't go around trying to "steal" back your stuff.

Want another real-life example?

There are so many people speeding on the roads that it is so obvious that the cops aren't trying to stop people for speeding. So go ahead. Go fly down that road, especially at school crossing zones. Just don't do it while drinking. They will stop you for being drunk.

Once again, you are 100% right.

• MrW3Ak___MrW3Ak___ Posts: 43
    Stefff wrote: »
    I won't get into heavy detail or start a debate with Mike cause he'll never admit to it anyways but what Kabam is threatening is illegal. You cannot ban somebody for account sharing, and thats why they haven't. And it doesn't matter what they print in the TOS because anybody that knows anything about business law knows that if the TOS is deemed unlawful, then the act itself cannot be punishable. Account sharing is no different then me handing you my phone and letting you play. They don't own the accounts, we do, they don't own the passwords, we do. They offered the service of accessing for a different mobile device so now they are stuck with it. And again, for all they people that will tell me I'm wrong, go look it up, there are plenty of internet gaming precedents out there. Once we start an account and dedicate time, money and effort into it, it's ours. They can close the game, but they don't own our saved info..... which is also why they legally can't stop us from selling our accounts. They just assume nobody has the time or money to sue them. Mods get banned because they are altering patented and copywrited material owned by Kabam, but that's where it stops. I'm not suggesting you let people do things for u, Kabam definitely isn't going to help u if you get scammed, but just know that not everything Mike and Kabam pitch is a strike.

Kabam actually owns all accounts in their game. It is not unlawful, therefore, to determine what can or cannot be done with them. Furthermore, I personally know players who have been banned for account sharing. Also, Kabam doesn't own the copyrights to most of the stuff in the game because it is marvel characters and they are using the unity game engine, not their own.

No dude, you know players who have been banned for sharing accounts with someone who used a modded version of the game.

If they banned players for account sharing alone, half the players in this game would be gone.
  • Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    edited August 2017
    Kabam needs to ban everyone associated with the infobot enhancement service
    edited August 2017
    MrW3Ak___ wrote: »
    Stefff wrote: »
    I won't get into heavy detail or start a debate with Mike cause he'll never admit to it anyways but what Kabam is threatening is illegal. You cannot ban somebody for account sharing, and thats why they haven't. And it doesn't matter what they print in the TOS because anybody that knows anything about business law knows that if the TOS is deemed unlawful, then the act itself cannot be punishable. Account sharing is no different then me handing you my phone and letting you play. They don't own the accounts, we do, they don't own the passwords, we do. They offered the service of accessing for a different mobile device so now they are stuck with it. And again, for all they people that will tell me I'm wrong, go look it up, there are plenty of internet gaming precedents out there. Once we start an account and dedicate time, money and effort into it, it's ours. They can close the game, but they don't own our saved info..... which is also why they legally can't stop us from selling our accounts. They just assume nobody has the time or money to sue them. Mods get banned because they are altering patented and copywrited material owned by Kabam, but that's where it stops. I'm not suggesting you let people do things for u, Kabam definitely isn't going to help u if you get scammed, but just know that not everything Mike and Kabam pitch is a strike.

Kabam actually owns all accounts in their game. It is not unlawful, therefore, to determine what can or cannot be done with them. Furthermore, I personally know players who have been banned for account sharing. Also, Kabam doesn't own the copyrights to most of the stuff in the game because it is marvel characters and they are using the unity game engine, not their own.

No dude, you know players who have been banned for sharing accounts with someone who used a modded version of the game.

If they banned players for account sharing alone, half the players in this game would be gone.

Half the Players in the game are not breaking the rules. People have been banned for Sharing with no Modding or Mercs involved. This view is exactly the reason that the issue has become more prevalent. People are doing the wrong thing with all sorts of excuses and thinking they will get away with it. It's a ripple effect. They're sharing to move in AQ, to kill in War, to Grind the Arena, etc. Then when they see some leeway in that, they move on to offer "Services", pay for "Services", use Mercs....and it just escalates. The entire source of the problem is people believing they can get away with breaking the rules. To the point of arrogance, where they actually, legitimately belive that they run the game itself. It's that very reason that the other issues are taking place, and it doesn't matter how much they spend, what Ally they're in, or how many they say are doing it to justify it. That behavior is the source of the problem, and dealing with it will not end the game. It will mean those still playing are playing by the rules. I don't care what these Allies believe. No one is exempt from the rules, and there is no area in my mind that entertains the idea that they are in fear of taking action agaisnt the people breaking the rules that they themselves have put in place. No company would create a set of rules and allow people to break them, just to make money, or to keep it "alive". It wouldn't be a rule if that was the case. What is dizzying is that people have been using the same excuses so long that they actually believe them. The source of the issue is the brazen activities of people taking advantage of the system and of others, and that has as much to do with Sharing as it does Mercs and Mods.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★

I said if Kabam was banning account sharing 90% of the top alliances would have been banned. They have not. [....]

The problem here is that you're using too wide of a brush when claiming that 90% of the top alliances share accounts. ...

Read between the lines.

This is actually an attempt to encourage account sharing and there are multiple motivations for this.

It is no different from saying "I see so many people speeding on the road so it must be okay to speed".

For some, the end game is that alliance benefit from account sharers. Not everyone in the alliance needs to share but every one benefits from it. That is why there will always be this "need" to encourage sharing even by those who do not participate in it.

For others, the end game is to encourage the competition to cheat in order to get themselves banned. I don't see this being too successful but whatever floats their boat. More power to them.

Finally, another source of motivation is to create animosity against another group of players, mainly the top spenders or those viewed as being top spenders. It is pretty obvious that he is encouraging people to believe that a certain group of people are getting special treatment.

• ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    I don't use merc services but I do appreciate most of the things infobot does to help players. Maybe a few of the above posters work for Kabam or haven't played the game long enough to know how many times Kabam has broken their own TOS and how much money (or time) they cost all players by not making it a top priority to debug the game to an acceptable level. players should focus on their own game rather than concern themselves with how other people choose to play. Maybe it's cheating to have someone help you with content that Kabam has made to costly to do it on your own. I don't judge. personally I'd rather Kabams game team focus on ridding the game of every bug that's been pointed out to them month after month. Some have existed for over 2 years. And as for the advantage someone gains for finishing a quest, it doesn't compare to the impact of the hundreds of exploits Kabam has created and allowed players and alliances to use since the game began. Players need to resist turning on each other. That is what Kabam wants us to do. Just play your own game.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Saddest thread in existence. Kabam please delete
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    @Kabam Miike An example needs to made of "mercs" and people who offer to beat content for you in exchange for money. If someone is willing to pay someone else $200 to complete a path in LoL (that $200 not counting the units they have to buy), then that's $200 that player spent on this game that's not going into Kabam's pocket.

Make an example, do some investigations, ban the serial offenders for 14 days. This doesn't warrant a permanent ban or anything like that. That's all you need to do and this will stop. Send out a warning in-game mail that anyone caught paying someone else to play on their account will be issued an appropriate punishment for breaking the TOS. If you really want to scare people shitless, echo out that message again that cheaters and "mercenaries" will have their Uncollected status permanently removed, so they will be ineligible for any benefits that come from being Uncollected.

The use of mods is a much bigger get and more destabilizing practice than anything else. Mercs might help players avoid spending 1000s of units on revives but it's limited to the quests. Mod use effects every aspect of the game as does the failure to fix game issues. Ex Pure Skill ( I really hope the game teams solution to PS is not to introduce insanely armored champs to avoid reimbursing players for a useless mastery)
This discussion has been closed.