**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ultron Can't hit Ebony Maw

Comments

• Options
    Hey there, we'll pass this question on to the rest of the team.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

It would be great if there could be some type of response from Kabam on how big/how many charcaters were meant to be shut down by the unhittable mechanic. Sorry, hard to hit mechanic (hopefully that addition will keep certain trolls from copying and pasting). And if they will continue to introduce champs like this.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Thank you. It seems like an unintended consequence that Ultron gets affected in this manner. Perhaps a simple change to Ultron and not Maw, if the guarenteed critical misses then it skips that critical hit in his ability.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Making 4 champions unable to kill him is rather stupid design imo.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

Everyone likes using the word counter. If I us KM with true strike to counter medusa's auto block that's a counter. She can still kill me very easiy.

To completely shut down the ability of an opponent to attack for the remainder of a fight such as Ultron, elektra,being left with no option but to light hit with corvus for entirety of fight takes the concept of counter to an obsurd level. To sit their and tell people to just use other champs is cute for event quest or tier 15 wars but for those of us that play higher level wars where lanes and nodes matter more than just guessing at your opponent due to class it sucks.

And my bigger concern is that Kabam thinks it's cute to keep introducing unhittable champs. And finding different scenarios to have champs being unhitable.

Then start ranking up new champs. You know who would be a GREAT counter to all these champs that seem to have some sort of "Crit Negation" like Ebony Maw and Mr Sinister? Crossbones.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

Everyone likes using the word counter. If I us KM with true strike to counter medusa's auto block that's a counter. She can still kill me very easiy.

To completely shut down the ability of an opponent to attack for the remainder of a fight such as Ultron, elektra,being left with no option but to light hit with corvus for entirety of fight takes the concept of counter to an obsurd level. To sit their and tell people to just use other champs is cute for event quest or tier 15 wars but for those of us that play higher level wars where lanes and nodes matter more than just guessing at your opponent due to class it sucks.

And my bigger concern is that Kabam thinks it's cute to keep introducing unhittable champs. And finding different scenarios to have champs being unhitable.

Then start ranking up new champs. You know who would be a GREAT counter to all these champs that seem to have some sort of "Crit Negation" like Ebony Maw and Mr Sinister? Crossbones.
    Great suggestion. I will just r4 a new 5 star every month to deal with a newly released obnoxious mechanic. Cause the game gives out t2as like that
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

Great suggestion. I will just r4 a new 5 star every month to deal with a newly released obnoxious mechanic. Cause the game gives out t2as like that
    It's not every month that a new champ comes out with a mechanic that forces you to rank up someone. Did you need to rank up someone new to counter Human Torch and Annihilus? How about Nick Fury and Captain Marvel Movie? Havok and Sinister? I doubt it. You're being melodramatic because you can't use your usual champs to defeat a single champion in a game with over 100 different champs in it.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

It's not every month that a new champ comes out with a mechanic that forces you to rank up someone. Did you need to rank up someone new to counter Human Torch and Annihilus? How about Nick Fury and Captain Marvel Movie? Havok and Sinister? I doubt it. You're being melodramatic because you can't use your usual champs to defeat a single champion in a game with over 100 different champs in it.
    I have corvus r5. Never use him in War though, not a good choice for my lane. Always bring Void too. Will go right through him if I do meet him.

It's not as much melodramatic as I am trying to argue against people who think this a good idea and complain about this to avoid future champs being introduced who have unhittable mechanics.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

I have corvus r5. Never use him in War though, not a good choice for my lane. Always bring Void too. Will go right through him if I do meet him.

It's not as much melodramatic as I am trying to argue against people who think this a good idea and complain about this to avoid future champs being introduced who have unhittable mechanics.
    But there will ALWAYS be a counter, that's the thing about game design. Even if Kabam does the absolute least amount of Testing, (which I do believe is probably accurate based on my own Games Testing experience that they do not test things for more than a month), they'll know to test if a champion is beatable to some degree. Just because the meta champs aren't the best option for the newest champs that are coming out, doesn't mean that there isn't any other option out of over 100+ champs that can be a counter.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I am all for certain champs taking away things that other champs can do well. That’s called balance. But to not allow some champs to beat them at all? To decide the fight before it begins? That’s going too far
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    His abilities should be rethinked or just adjusted to guarantee crit special attacks miss.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Use science champs
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

But there will ALWAYS be a counter, that's the thing about game design. Even if Kabam does the absolute least amount of Testing, (which I do believe is probably accurate based on my own Games Testing experience that they do not test things for more than a month), they'll know to test if a champion is beatable to some degree. Just because the meta champs aren't the best option for the newest champs that are coming out, doesn't mean that there isn't any other option out of over 100+ champs that can be a counter.
    Okay, so answer this one, wise guy.

What do you do when you can't see what champ you're fighting until you fight them? I.E. Alliance War in the top level? Are you just supposed to LOL I LOSE THAT'S FAIR when you have NO idea that the champ you literally can't beat is sitting there? You can prep for a node, but if it's a 50/50 on the champ, how is that intuitive, fair gameplay?

• Options
    YoMoves said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

What do you do when you can't see what champ you're fighting until you fight them? I.E. Alliance War in the top level? Are you just supposed to LOL I LOSE THAT'S FAIR when you have NO idea that the champ you literally can't beat is sitting there? You can prep for a node, but if it's a 50/50 on the champ, how is that intuitive, fair gameplay?

Well let's take into account the champs that Ebony Maw shuts down, for lack of a better term, and apply it to your war scenario.

Corvus - Why would you take a Cosmic against a Mystic champ? Class disadvantage and he doesn't gain any charges against Mystics other than Scarlet Witch as she's classed as an Avenger.

Ghost - You can still beat Maw, you just can't use the normal strategy of getting her guaranteed Critical Hits, she can still beat him.

Elektra - I don't know anyone especially in the higher tier wars, which is where most of these complaints always seem to go to since higher tier players value war more than lower, who will use Elektra. If you know a Tier 5 or higher player that uses Elektra in war a lot, please show me.

Ultron - Same as above. I don't know any Tier 5 player who uses Ultron in war.

Sym Spidey - Same as above, but also it's only his SP2 that's a guaranteed critical.

Gamora - Same as above, but it's her SP1 and SP2.

So out of those, the only ones that are affected in War, especially in the higher tiers, are Corvus who doesn't gain anything from fighting mystics and also has the class disadvantage, and Ghost, who can still fight him just not using the guaranteed critical hit style of play.

So tell me, in War, where is the issue?
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

YoMoves said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

Well let's take into account the champs that Ebony Maw shuts down, for lack of a better term, and apply it to your war scenario.

Corvus - Why would you take a Cosmic against a Mystic champ? Class disadvantage and he doesn't gain any charges against Mystics other than Scarlet Witch as she's classed as an Avenger.

Ghost - You can still beat Maw, you just can't use the normal strategy of getting her guaranteed Critical Hits, she can still beat him.

Elektra - I don't know anyone especially in the higher tier wars, which is where most of these complaints always seem to go to since higher tier players value war more than lower, who will use Elektra. If you know a Tier 5 or higher player that uses Elektra in war a lot, please show me.

Sym Spidey - Same as above, but also it's only his SP2 that's a guaranteed critical.

So out of those, the only ones that are affected in War, especially in the higher tiers, are Corvus who doesn't gain anything from fighting mystics and also has the class disadvantage, and Ghost, who can still fight him just not using the guaranteed critical hit style of play.

Lol you literally just said, “endgame players don’t use those champs, it’s not an issue”
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

YoMoves said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

Lol you literally just said, “endgame players don’t use those champs, it’s not an issue”
    In the reply to the person who asked me, they stated higher tier wars, so I gave my examples in terms of higher tier wars. Don't try and twist it to fit your own narrative.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

YoMoves said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

In the reply to the person who asked me, they stated higher tier wars, so I gave my examples in terms of higher tier wars. Don't try and twist it to fit your own narrative.
    The problem is when you let them start introducing stuff like this, where does it end? It literally made someone unkillable regardless of the node they are on if you use the wrong champ. Not hard to kill, not takes long to kill, not hurt yourself while trying to kill.....just impossible to kill. If you don't see why that's a horrible road to start heading down then you just want to be different.
    And if they didn't introduce anything different how long before the game becomes stagnant and boring? How many champs have they added that do the same thing as Maw does and shuts down a few champs?

Adapt and evolve, or stay the same and stagnate, which is the better of these two evils?
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

YoMoves said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

The problem is when you let them start introducing stuff like this, where does it end? It literally made someone unkillable regardless of the node they are on if you use the wrong champ. Not hard to kill, not takes long to kill, not hurt yourself while trying to kill.....just impossible to kill. If you don't see why that's a horrible road to start heading down then you just want to be different.
    Just think about how fun it will be to put a whole AWD line of defenders that literally can't be beat by the top attackers. Seems like great game design.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

YoMoves said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

Just think about how fun it will be to put a whole AWD line of defenders that literally can't be beat by the top attackers. Seems like great game design.
    Then new "top attackers" will start appearing. The meta will change. I don't see that as a bad thing.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Apologies for the delayed reply. With relation to the specific issue here with Ultron, the below fix was applied yesterday.

- Fixed an issue where Ultron would no longer be able to hit Ebony Maw after Missing the 5th hit, which has a 100% Critical chance.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★

Apologies for the delayed reply. With relation to the specific issue here with Ultron, the below fix was applied yesterday.

- Fixed an issue where Ultron would no longer be able to hit Ebony Maw after Missing the 5th hit, which has a 100% Critical chance.

What with Elektra when below 15 procent ?
  • Options

Holy cow. Progress made. I guess this type of quick fix would seem to indicate that unhittable scenarios weren't completely intended. So much for natural progression argument
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Not exactly. One Champ was fixed.
  • Options

Exactly. FIXED. Thanks for agreeing. That means Maw being unhittable was wrong. And if him being unhittable is wrong he shouldnt be unhittable by anybody
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Exactly. FIXED. Thanks for agreeing. That means Maw being unhittable was wrong. And if him being unhittable is wrong he shouldnt be unhittable by anybody
    Well that means the ONLY champ he's unhittable by now at 15% or 25% awakened, is Elektra. If they fix that, then you'll be happy right?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Actually the maw thing against corvus isnt my biggest problem. I actually care very little about that. It's the idea of an unwinnable match mechanic being introduced. I hate the concept and dont want it repeated on future characters.

The bigger stink made now by as many people as possible hopefully discourages this in the future.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Once again, it's not unwinnable. You use different Champs. That's not a travesty.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

Well that means the ONLY champ he's unhittable by now at 15% or 25% awakened, is Elektra. If they fix that, then you'll be happy right?
    It may still be possible with her. Her natural ability accuracy reduction when debuffs are placed coupled with the pacify mastery should be able to shut down Maw's ability accuracy by 100%. In theory, this means hits while he's stunned won't miss even if he's in Elektra's guaranteed crit range.

Anyone test this yet?
This discussion has been closed.