**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Offensive Uses for Korg

allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
My ally has suggested I r5 my duped 5* Korg for AW using the 4->5 gem I have. I tend to not like r5 champs for AWD because their stock drops so fast after Kabam releases a counter. With RDT so rare and rank resources so precious, it's usually not a good idea to rank for AWD unless the champ is also heavy on utility or damage. I r5 Medusa for this reason; even as her AWD stock continues to drop, she's still clutch for all kinds of content.

My other r5 are Domino and Ægon and I'm coming up on my 6th t5b with t2a in overflow. I have decent immune already such as Nebula/EF. Other skill contenders would be Blade, GP, HE or Masacre. All either duped or I have a skill AG. Future moves will be to r2 my unduped 6* Domino and r5 CG, Ghost or OR once he's duped. I'm missing most of the key synergy pieces for these champs at 5* or higher though.

TLDR: So... Thoughts on Korg to r5? Worth it? Any offensive use?

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Idk what use you may have for him. But my 6* korg not duped can deal some pretty neat damage with the armor break placed on the defender. And he’s clutch vs evade defenders. And can tank sp3. I’ve occasionally taken him on my path 4 war. All or nothing and bleed node 🤷‍♂️. While I have many other options I wanted to see how useful he can be, and it’s worth it.

Not to mention korg is still a pain in war. His defensive capabilities haven’t dropped much.
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited May 2019
    I have a 6* unduped. I use him in War defense mainly.

I don't use him often for offense, but he has a few benefits. His immunities are nice. You can parry twice and then covert those 6 charges of crown excitement into an armor break. Also if you hit the special 2 when he's unblockable/unstoppable, it buffs its damage and you do do some harm with that. Finally, if you're not trying to play with finesse, he's OK against evade champs because they'll evade and they you have a free hit (But may take a hit as well)
  • Options
    Dogor2393Dogor2393 Posts: 70
    The armor break is pretty decent more if you time it with the sp3
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Keep your Gem
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I've been bitten by ranking up defenders in the past with dormammu and a few others but the thing is, if everyone take the same stance, then you can’t expect to win wars regularly. You can only bring so many attackers at once. Once you have a solid set of AQ/AW champs and some quest options, eventually you're going to need some good defenders as well if you take wars seriously at all.

So unless you already have a few R5 defenders at least then I don't see the problem with your alliance expecting you to chip in on both sides of the ball
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I've been bitten by ranking up defenders in the past with dormammu and a few others but the thing is, if everyone take the same stance, then you can’t expect to win wars regularly. You can only bring so many attackers at once. Once you have a solid set of AQ/AW champs and some quest options, eventually you're going to need some good defenders as well if you take wars seriously at all.

So unless you already have a few R5 defenders at least then I don't see the problem with your alliance expecting you to chip in on both sides of the ball

Especially in this instance where op could use a rank up gem for it. And has 6 t5bc and overflowing t2a. Definitely nothing wrong with a korg rank 5 rank up.
  • Options

His shrug off is great on offense as well. But I wouldn’t do it if I were you. Blade will save you a lot more units. I’ve quit an Ally because they wanted to tell me who to R5, the game is just not fun when I feel I can’t control my account.

Luckily it was only a suggestion; my ally is great. An part of me wants to do Blade, but I know I'd still take Domino over him most of the time. Honestly, he ain't sexy but I think HE would add the most utility to my current questing team.

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

His shrug off is great on offense as well. But I wouldn’t do it if I were you. Blade will save you a lot more units. I’ve quit an Ally because they wanted to tell me who to R5, the game is just not fun when I feel I can’t control my account.

And I've left alliances where I was only one of a few that would be willing to rank defenders. It's called an alliance and not a bunch of people riding a few's stacked defenses.

I'd understand if it's ones 1st 1-3 R5s but at some point you have to be willing to chip in as well or be in an alliance that doesn't care about war (which after the AQ update is exactly what I did)
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Korg has high prestige. That's always good.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I personally don't like using Korg on offense. Without his armor break he really does hit like a wet noodle. I was excited when I pulled him and subsequently took him to R4, used an awakening gem, and dumped some sig stones on him.

He now resides entirely on the bench except for AW defense and arena grinding.
  • Options

I personally don't like using Korg on offense. Without his armor break he really does hit like a wet noodle. I was excited when I pulled him and subsequently took him to R4, used an awakening gem, and dumped some sig stones on him.

Does he do well on defense?
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

Does he do well on defense?
    He's usually good for at least 2-3 kills each war as the final boss (Tiers 9-11).
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Kork on AW defense...node 42... the arc regen and armor buff... every 20 sec, an armor buff that that raises armor by 25% and regen bufff that regen 25% of max health.

Plus a bonus of 50% more regen.

A duped korg on this line, can be messy.

As offense, i read ealier, drop an sp3, to get the crowd excited, a heavy and armor break can make big damage....

But still he his made for defense.

Keep your gem.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Gwenpool Gwenpool Gwenpool
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    V1PER1987 said:

I cannot stand using Korg on offense. I think he is literally the weakest hitting champ in the game.

Umm he is not. King groot is weakest hitter
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    You can always be selfish and put yourself in front of your alliance, not contribute to alliance defence, and leech off others who have made the sacrifice to help you gather the resources to make your roster more developed. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

For my alliances, every 3rd rank up must be a defender to be contributed to defence. If they’re unwilling to do so, they can get off the team. I’m totally fine with that.
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I would most certainly not r5 a champ strictly for awd. Go for blade instead he is still good for so many match ups
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Gwendolyn Poole
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    There is no better feeling in this game then watching a team run into your wall of a defender. I used my 4-5 Cosmic gem on the Champion, no regrets.
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★

My ally has suggested I r5 my duped 5* Korg for AW using the 4->5 gem I have. I tend to not like r5 champs for AWD because their stock drops so fast after Kabam releases a counter. With RDT so rare and rank resources so precious, it's usually not a good idea to rank for AWD unless the champ is also heavy on utility or damage. I r5 Medusa for this reason; even as her AWD stock continues to drop, she's still clutch for all kinds of content.

My other r5 are Domino and Ægon and I'm coming up on my 6th t5b with t2a in overflow. I have decent immune already such as Nebula/EF. Other skill contenders would be Blade, GP, HE or Masacre. All either duped or I have a skill AG. Future moves will be to r2 my unduped 6* Domino and r5 CG, Ghost or OR once he's duped. I'm missing most of the key synergy pieces for these champs at 5* or higher though.

TLDR: So... Thoughts on Korg to r5? Worth it? Any offensive use?

Masacre to pair with Domino...easy decision
  • Options
    Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    edited May 2019
    Dude save it unless you really think it will help your alliance. You need to consider whether or not you guys really are in need of another/ better boss on one of your three maps. He's just the defender to use right now and it's getting close to that time where he takes the back seat to the next great defender. Invisible Woman? 🤔
  • Options
    Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    Btw, old man Logan with the sabertooth synergy destroys Korg. You can toss is Domino for good measure. 😊
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

I took sentinel and Havok to R5 for defense and constantly use them on content like variant and 6.1. They’re beasts On offense and defense. Both consistently get kills. No one has one shot my Havok this season in Tier 2 AW.

You have a ton of rank up material. I wouldn’t think of him only as defense but in reality an investment in winning future wars. More shards. Higher placement in AW. I ranked sentinel purely for defense at the time and it massively contributed to our success in AW. Minimizing your own deaths and maximizing defender kills is the best way to win. 😉

Curious.. where did you place Havok? He shows on your profile since his prestige is quite high.