**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hey Kabam! 5 Fixes to Make This Game Great Again.

I have been playing this game for a long time now and have completed all content. I am bored and frustrated! Here are my thoughts on how to make the game great again.

Idea 1: Add New Crystal to Arena

I am only interested in getting the featured 5* champ in arena, but do not have 3 straight days of grinding in me (I have a job and kids). 5* shards? Even getting 2K worth could equal 1/5 a garbage champ. I rather just not play at all. But what if there was a new exciting crystal you get when you hit 10m? 20m? A crystal that gives you better prizes with the ability to still win the featured champ.

Here is an example of rewards and odds that would be cool:

0.5% - Featured 6* Champ
2.5% - Featured 5* Champ
5% - Featured 4* Champ
5% - Class 5 Cat Shards
7% - 6* Shards
10% - 6* Sig Stones
10% - Basic 5 Cat Shards
20% - 5* Sig Stones
20% - Battle Chips
20% - 5* Shards

I would 100% do this arena every week if I could get one or two of those crystals!

Idea 2: Reduce Timers in AQ/AW

Pretty self-explanatory. All the timers do is make the game a drain. People work. People go to school. People have families. Having to go into the bathroom to take a critical fight is silly. You can’t expect us to sacrifice our lives just so our team isn’t stuck. In AW we have to match up player time zones and constantly figure out who is going to be on when. Reduce them to 30 mins and EVERYONE will be happy. I know that people logging in more leads to more impulse buys and more revenue… but isn’t it better to keep your mature players? AQ feels like boring homework.

Kabam, don’t force me to choose between my life (family, friends, and work)… or playing this game.

Idea 3: Remove All Boosting from AW… and Make Health Potions and Revives Stronger.

If someone bought hundreds of alliance boosts they have a massive advantage over the competition. Imagine a player using a invincibility boost every fight? Currently players get a massive advantage if they can afford a ton of 30% champion boosts. AW should be a game of skill. Will this create more deaths? Yes! It will make the outcomes much more exciting and less predictable. Because there will be more deaths, greatly increase the effect of alliance health potions and revives. I need to use half my items to revive 6* Void and bring him up to 100% health. That is just silly. Make a level 3 team revive bring your whole team back to 60% health. A level 4 health position should give your champ 50% health.

Bottom line. More deaths are exciting. Leveling the playing field rewards skill. Make item use count.

Idea 4: Add a Daily Boss Rush with Leaderboards

Imagine a daily event (you can enter once per day) where there is an infinite line of hidden random bosses. Bring 3 champs in and see how far you can get! No items use available. If you win a fight, the champ used gets returned to you at full health. It can be like AQ where you get points according to damage done to defenders. The top 10% daily get a crystal with cool rewards. Top 1% get something like a 5* featured crystal. There can also be both a weekly and monthly leaderboard for sick prizes. Add a 2*, 3*, 4*, 5* and 6* daily rush so all players can enjoy (ex. You can only use 6* champs in the 6* room).

I would 100% play this every day. It would create stickiness because players will want to play every day for the weekly and monthly leaderboards.

Idea 5: Divide up Basic Crystals into Groupings

There are simply too many champs. If you need a dupe the odds are slimmer and slimmer as more champs are added (I would only add 1 per month). Divide up a basic crystal into champ groupings, just like the featured or dungeon crystals. I am thinking 3 different crystals to choose from for each star level. This way if you are going for someone specific like Aegon, your odds are 3x better. The chance of getting who I want is so astronomical that is totally demotivates me from collecting shards at all.

I have a ton of other ideas but these are 5 I feel strongly about. Thoughts???

Comments

• TravNationTravNation Posts: 40
    Nice write up. I'd love to see some of these ideas implemented into the game. Something new that breaks up the monthly monotony of EQs, AQs, etc...
  • Maybe offer Dual Class choice for crystal outcomes? Idea 5 is pretty much that. The removal of boosts wouldn't likely happen. Theoretically it's nice, BUT higher investment often yields better returns. So pulling this out if play reduces ability to invest. If someone doesn't have the time or cannot afford the boosts, that's on them. Those that find the time to invest will get better results. No different than someone who grinds arena and gets more champs/shards and other resources vs those that don't. More play = more return. Although I would LOVE to see some percentage based HPs for AQ and AW. That would be HIGHLY welcomed!

That Daily Boss rush idea is actually pretty cool too. I would get down on that. The reduction of timers has always been heavily desired, and occasionally debated. I'm pro 30 minute timers for AQ and AW. That arena idea is intriguing as well. Although a simple 5* Basic Arena would be welcomed at this point. I've also recently proposed a multifaceted Sunday arena that caters to your highest progression title. Would give more to those that have gone far, and give something for those who haven't something to shoot for. All in all, nice suggestions!
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    I like your idea 3. While I am not sure about the others I agree we could use exciting new designed content instead of the usual
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    With how the game has been in terms of events recently anything is a welcome change. This list would make me more interested and invested in the game
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★

I have been playing this game for a long time now and have completed all content. I am bored and frustrated! Here are my thoughts on how to make the game great again.

Idea 1: Add New Crystal to Arena

I am only interested in getting the featured 5* champ in arena, but do not have 3 straight days of grinding in me (I have a job and kids). 5* shards? Even getting 2K worth could equal 1/5 a garbage champ. I rather just not play at all. But what if there was a new exciting crystal you get when you hit 10m? 20m? A crystal that gives you better prizes with the ability to still win the featured champ.

Here is an example of rewards and odds that would be cool:

0.5% - Featured 6* Champ
    2.5% - Featured 5* Champ
    5% - Featured 4* Champ
    5% - Class 5 Cat Shards
    7% - 6* Shards
    10% - 6* Sig Stones
    10% - Basic 5 Cat Shards
    20% - 5* Sig Stones
    20% - Battle Chips
    20% - 5* Shards

I would 100% do this arena every week if I could get one or two of those crystals!

Idea 2: Reduce Timers in AQ/AW

Pretty self-explanatory. All the timers do is make the game a drain. People work. People go to school. People have families. Having to go into the bathroom to take a critical fight is silly. You can’t expect us to sacrifice our lives just so our team isn’t stuck. In AW we have to match up player time zones and constantly figure out who is going to be on when. Reduce them to 30 mins and EVERYONE will be happy. I know that people logging in more leads to more impulse buys and more revenue… but isn’t it better to keep your mature players? AQ feels like boring homework.

Kabam, don’t force me to choose between my life (family, friends, and work)… or playing this game.

Idea 3: Remove All Boosting from AW… and Make Health Potions and Revives Stronger.

If someone bought hundreds of alliance boosts they have a massive advantage over the competition. Imagine a player using a invincibility boost every fight? Currently players get a massive advantage if they can afford a ton of 30% champion boosts. AW should be a game of skill. Will this create more deaths? Yes! It will make the outcomes much more exciting and less predictable. Because there will be more deaths, greatly increase the effect of alliance health potions and revives. I need to use half my items to revive 6* Void and bring him up to 100% health. That is just silly. Make a level 3 team revive bring your whole team back to 60% health. A level 4 health position should give your champ 50% health.

Bottom line. More deaths are exciting. Leveling the playing field rewards skill. Make item use count.

Idea 4: Add a Daily Boss Rush with Leaderboards

Imagine a daily event (you can enter once per day) where there is an infinite line of hidden random bosses. Bring 3 champs in and see how far you can get! No items use available. If you win a fight, the champ used gets returned to you at full health. It can be like AQ where you get points according to damage done to defenders. The top 10% daily get a crystal with cool rewards. Top 1% get something like a 5* featured crystal. There can also be both a weekly and monthly leaderboard for sick prizes. Add a 2*, 3*, 4*, 5* and 6* daily rush so all players can enjoy (ex. You can only use 6* champs in the 6* room).

I would 100% play this every day. It would create stickiness because players will want to play every day for the weekly and monthly leaderboards.

Idea 5: Divide up Basic Crystals into Groupings

There are simply too many champs. If you need a dupe the odds are slimmer and slimmer as more champs are added (I would only add 1 per month). Divide up a basic crystal into champ groupings, just like the featured or dungeon crystals. I am thinking 3 different crystals to choose from for each star level. This way if you are going for someone specific like Aegon, your odds are 3x better. The chance of getting who I want is so astronomical that is totally demotivates me from collecting shards at all.

I have a ton of other ideas but these are 5 I feel strongly about. Thoughts???

A good post full of good ideas some I agree with and some í don't... The 30 minute AQ and AW timer will likely not ever happen unfortunately, they need people constantly on the game for revenue as you said... I agree that family time shouldn't override a mobile game but if it does then maybe consider an alliance that's playing map 3 or 4 so you have time for both??

I do however STRONGLY agree with splitting the basic... There's so many in there now and if you're in need of a specific dupe you've got around a 0.6% chance now which is insane... If they won't split the basic maybe have a bunch of 5 star crystals split into classes... So you can choose what you're after... Want a sabretooth, go for a mutant crystal... Just pulled a tech awakening gem but have no one to use it on... Great go for a tech 5 star crystal to give a better chance of having someone to use it on... I'd even pay 15k shards for an option like that... Especially since after around 4 to 6 weeks before a feature changes no one really buys them because the majority are then in the basic or they save for the next featured, the class based crystal gives another option and will likely reduce "unhealthy hoarding behaviour"

Just a thought... As I said great post!

Alpha Scorpion
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    Well thought over!! Nice write up! Boss rush with no potion use and leader board is awesome idea!
  • RhinoBlastRhinoBlast Posts: 9
    I love the BossRush idea or it could just be called Survival mode. Have the enemies consistently get stronger just like dungeons except not dungeons because let's be honest...who enjoys dungeons? Anyways the split up basic 5* wont happen just because of the same reason it always is...money money money. Buy more crystals and awakening/sig stones. 1 of my main problems with this game is that it is SO pay to win AND doesn't listen to what the players want, need, prefer. You can pick 1, but when you do both it really feels like Kabaam couldn't care less about us. Anyways AQ will always be homework. That's fine although I would love a 30 min timer. They definitely need to update arena and adjust potions now that champs are much more powerful with greater health pools than even 2 years ago. Great post!!
  • Bossdog55555Bossdog55555 Posts: 61
    I Love this idea, especially number 1 and number 5. Love to see @Kabam Miike implement these ideas soon, starting with numbers 1 and 5.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    More fixes that would assist:
    • Clean up the crystal area. You have to go back and forth between shards and full blown crystals, and you have to scroll for quite a while to get through the crystals to get to the ones you want to open. Make the layout more like the Store, where there are four selections in the row.
    • For the love of god, do the same for the summoner boosts interface. If I want to use a Champion boost, I've got to scroll past 14 rows of other boosts to get there. Put the generic use boosts back on top and make the interface a 5-wide instead of a 3-wide.
    • Champion Filters need to be better. When I want to select Champions for upgrade or for use in arenas, it's a waste of time having to reset the filters all the time to get to the Champions I want to use. I should be able to set some default filters, or at least have filters that remain for the length of an arena run (unless I change the filters). I should also have the option to filter out Champions for Rank Up that I don't have the resources for.
    • There are 14 Masteries that have been listed as "Coming Soon" for something like the past 2 years now. Either **** or get off the pot. Where are the Masteries that interact with Shock, Incinerate, Degeneration, etc...? There have been so many advancements in character abilities that ye olde Masteries don't interact with. Where are the Masteries that give me reason to use my Class Mastery Cores? There's only one option per class, and most of them suck pretty hard. Also... When will we ever get level cap increases or gain additional Mastery Points for conquering additional content? I'm not talking about handing out Mastery Points for Legend Runs or some other garbage that can only be accomplished by the top 0.1% of iPhone users. Masteries have become antiquated and could use some time and attention.
    • Put some Champions in the Loyalty store that are actually worth the loyalty, or beef up Unstoppable Colossus. Lots of players are sitting on huge caches of unused loyalty that they aren't spending because there's nothing they need from the Loyalty store.
    • In the Store, get rid of either the Featured or Misc tabs. There is never anything in the Misc area that isn't also in the Featured area of the store.
    • Start expanding rewards. Don't just focus on the end-content players (who are expressing their boredom), but also consider what is now the mid-content players (who have not yet acquired Cavalier status). They're the majority of your player-base. Monthly quests get objectively more difficult as time goes on, but the reward structure remains the same. This is a (valid) criticism that I see popping up on the boards all the time.
    Best wishes!