**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who to r4 for LOL

NyaleNyale Posts: 136
Already got classic Spider and CM r4 and in preparation for LOL will do another .Candidates are Storm, HE, BP and Magik all duped .Can the guys that done at least a path help me decide?Thanks!

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Storm plus CM and mutant team is your best choice
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Magik is the best champion out of those though
    It's possible to do it with her but storm is your best bet
  • NyaleNyale Posts: 136
    Got also a 3/45 drax but since I have CM was more inclined to level other class
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Storm. But I wouldn't even use her. I would run the poison suicides and use CM, but hold specials.
  • Do you have Iron Patriot?
    He would be my choice.

I would go with BP or Storm.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Do a Magik/CM tandem.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Storm overall will have more damage output than CM, her stuns will also make her more valuable fro fights like war machine, falcon and maestro to push them to their sp2. If you have pacify she is also better for magik.
    Sungj wrote: »
    Storm overall will have more damage output than CM, her stuns will also make her more valuable fro fights like war machine, falcon and maestro to push them to their sp2. If you have pacify she is also better for magik.

You get to run poison suicides when you do CM though. I think that puts her well ahead of storm
  • roy505roy505 Posts: 90
    how do you have t2 alphas to take a 3rd 5 star champion to rank 4 without doing LOL once ?

and from the scenario posted.. its better to do LOL with CM, though storm gives better damage. Magik is by far the best available in those options, though her use in LOL is limited.
  • ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    LOL? What's so funny?
  • LaylicLaylic Posts: 88
    Storm is good choice. Makes good use of mutant synergy team with mags, redclops, Wolvie and Magik. Lots of crit there too which is where a majority of the damage comes from. Plus he static charge is a bonus. CM does out out more damage leaving her bar full but, you'll want to be able to use your specials to help push them to a special so you have more openings. Another benefit is that sp1&2's can crit and sp3's can't.
    I have drax at rank 4 and can get very close to soloing red hulk so he is still a good option and very fun to play
    edited August 2017
    Storm. But I wouldn't even use her. I would run the poison suicides and use CM, but hold specials.

Wow it seems you dont have any idea how strong storm is. Let me show you an image that will change your mind. You will thank me later.

yc775xy93nmf.jpg

If you have 5* CM, 5* Storm plus Cyc cyc mags your best method is using full team revives and use all your champs.

Additionally you can use storm with suicides even with recoil on. You will do some 300k damage minimum before you die which is worthy.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Wow it seems you dont have any idea how strong storm is. Let me show you an image that will change your mind. You will thank me later.

yc775xy93nmf.jpg

If you have 5* CM, 5* Storm plus Cyc cyc mags your best method is using full team revives and use all your champs.

Additionally you can use storm with suicides even with recoil on. You will do some 300k damage minimum before you die which is worthy.

I agree with everything but suicides. Storm's l2 is wild. A solid 450+ with storm will get you over 300k. Imo storm does better than marvel but they are both decent options if no sl or gp.

yc775xy93nmf.jpg

I'm well aware of the damage that storm does, but I think she relies way too much on crits to do any meaningful damage. I would put money on CM doing more damage over time than a storm on the same team.
    tvvyz7we5tlv.png[

yc775xy93nmf.jpg

94ei6n8ewpoi.png
    Here's some perspective on all that massive damage btw lol
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    tvvyz7we5tlv.png[

yc775xy93nmf.jpg

94ei6n8ewpoi.png

Oh look TEN Prowess charges that are insanely hard to stack, On a class advantage, while storm has class disadvantage

20% Attack modefier is 2x difference so um… yeah Gambit has like 40% extra attack compared to storm
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    tvvyz7we5tlv.png[

yc775xy93nmf.jpg

94ei6n8ewpoi.png

Oh look TEN Prowess charges that are insanely hard to stack, On a class advantage, while storm has class disadvantage

20% Attack modefier is 2x difference so um… yeah Gambit has like 40% extra attack compared to storm

Your math is interesting
    tvvyz7we5tlv.png[

yc775xy93nmf.jpg

94ei6n8ewpoi.png

Your math is interesting

Well you have to factor in that neither Storm nor Gambit were vs a neutral class

Gambit has a class advantage while Storm had a class disadvantage

Kabam actually gave us the number 20% when talking about class reversal for 5.2

fm8pm8ka2wfm.png

So you have to figure if storm was vs that WS you'd have to take away the 20% disadvantage and provide the 20% advantage

With a 1.4 multiplier to reflect the 40% boost Storm would receive her damage would have been 45,232.6

Compared to 45,539 Storm is still short by 215.4 damage, but also factor in the HASSLE of charging all those Kinetic charges

Each actually increasing his special by 18% (taken from my 4* 3/30) so he's actually packing a hassle of an extra 180% damage boost which let's be honest as 5 it's almost impossible to gain anymore so on average that'd be closer to a 90% buff

But with all 10 and fighting WS instead of the collector Gambit has an additional 220% attack over Storm

Against Masestro that same Gambit would HAVE to keep 10 Prowess at all times to keep up and very slightly surpass storm
    @Kronos987654321 Kabam flat out tells us the % of class advantage and disadvantage

utle5z7mx0uu.png

Now if we take the 20% decrease that would be applied by fighting Maestro and then add 20% by fighting a skill class you'd raise her Attack by 40%

45,232.6 (Storm vs a skill class Maestro)
    45,539 (Gambit vs WS)

Now Storm is still short by 215.4

BUT Gambit has 10 Prowess! My 3/30 4* has a Prowess boost of 18% each so x10 is an additional 180% attack boost

Here Gambit already requires 220% just to match Storm but how often have you ever stacked 10 Kinetic charges and converted them?

A much more conservative number of 6 would only provide 108% as anything past 5 is nearly impossible to pull off without planning PERFECTLY

NOW as it stands 10-Prowess Gambit would be enough to just slightly beat out Storm in damage
    Wait what's this? An ARMOR UP?! AND EMERGENCY SHIELD WHICH LOWERS SPECIAL DAMAGE RECIEVED?!

Yeah even at 10-Prowess that Gambit isn't fighting a WS with Armor
    Up and Emergency Shield

Uh-oh… poor Gambit…
  • CedricccCedriccc Posts: 26
    LOL! Storm just straight up owned poor gambit
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Let's put it this way.

If you R4 Storm and use her for LoL, you still have other uses for her in a Crit Team, regardless for questing or for Legend runs.

Whereas for Gambit.. Idk where you gonna use him at..
  • CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    Wait for better champs and save some units. Wait for stark spidey to come around again he can do it undupped.
    How we end up talking about gambit!!!! Good luck getting those charges agaisnt maestro.

Storm sp1 stun is very handy to push enemies to sp2. Her shock is insane and her signature is incredible.

Gambit is a bottom tier champ. Not even closed to storm class.
    How we end up talking about gambit!!!! Good luck getting those charges agaisnt maestro.

Storm sp1 stun is very handy to push enemies to sp2. Her shock is insane and her signature is incredible.

Gambit is a bottom tier champ. Not even closed to storm class.

Because @Kronos987654321 wanted to give us perspective LOL! Meanwhile he ignored the 40% attack different, the odds of actually having all 10 Prowess, and the fact that storm did that damage while Maestro had Armor and Emergency Shield
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I'm a long way from LOL and only have 5 5* champs, but one of them is duped and that is my R3 Storm. This thread has convinced me to take her to R4 as a priority.
    I have an alliance mate that doesn't really like his rank 4 storm but he hasn't attempted LOL yet. He also has a 5* duped AA so he prefers him lol
    @Kronos987654321 Kabam flat out tells us the % of class advantage and disadvantage

utle5z7mx0uu.png

Now if we take the 20% decrease that would be applied by fighting Maestro and then add 20% by fighting a skill class you'd raise her Attack by 40%

45,232.6 (Storm vs a skill class Maestro)
    45,539 (Gambit vs WS)

Now Storm is still short by 215.4

BUT Gambit has 10 Prowess! My 3/30 4* has a Prowess boost of 18% each so x10 is an additional 180% attack boost

Here Gambit already requires 220% just to match Storm but how often have you ever stacked 10 Kinetic charges and converted them?

A much more conservative number of 6 would only provide 108% as anything past 5 is nearly impossible to pull off without planning PERFECTLY

NOW as it stands 10-Prowess Gambit would be enough to just slightly beat out Storm in damage
    Wait what's this? An ARMOR UP?! AND EMERGENCY SHIELD WHICH LOWERS SPECIAL DAMAGE RECIEVED?!

Yeah even at 10-Prowess that Gambit isn't fighting a WS with Armor
    Up and Emergency Shield

Uh-oh… poor Gambit…

You're forgetting gambit has two hits in that combo, which puts him closer to 70k damage without suicides lol