**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Green Goblin power controller?

I seem to remember Kabam Mike saying that Green Goblin would be one of the better power control champs, even an answer to MD. Am I missing something? Am I not playing him right? I have a 3/45 5* GG and while his L1 can power burn, it is far from anything that would be considered a tool for power controlling. Am I crazy or were we fed a false story to build excitement for the upcoming champion?

Comments

• Options
    LightYagami85LightYagami85 Posts: 9
    I second that. Would be great to know.
  • Options
    I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    Do you have tech collar maxed? What Kabam really meant.
  • Options
    GDEVIL69_GDEVIL69_ Posts: 25
    edited August 2017
    Along with his L1 power burn, you will need to master his mechanics w.r.t. Madness and Cunning ability buffs. With every bar of power generated, GG gains a Cunning buff, this last 20 seconds, if his Cunning buffs activated are more or equal to the amount of madness buffs (10% chance to gain when attacking, 90% chance during well-timed block/parry and lasts 10 seconds) , then the opponent will generate 40% less power while GG gains 30% more attack on SP's.

My only question to Kabam Mike is, if you do not activate a madness buff and only have cunning activated, is this also seen as more than the non-existent madness buff resulting in the 40% less power for the opponent.
  • Options
    I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    Yeah, Vision works better.
  • Options
    GDEVIL69_GDEVIL69_ Posts: 25
    edited August 2017
    Vision works better as a power controller but harder match ups with timers are Visions weakness. He hits like a wet noodle. On the plus side, his bleed and poison immune.

I enjoy playing GG for his Super Bomb that can get applied during any SP activated, power drain, poison, incinerate and weakness.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    You need to learn how to use him.... if you block and parry you generate madness... once power bars fill you get cunning which gives massive special damage and reduces the power gain of opponent - 40% less and is noticeable
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Not as reliable in power drain as others but does more damage and has more utility usage... just harder to master than standard champ
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He's a horrible power control champ. I don't care how well you play him. If you want power control you'll have almost no damage output with bad power control at that. If you need to max out tech collar to make him decent then that should prove how bad he is at controlling power. He's a fun champ but much better options out there.
  • Options
    thats the dumb part champions nowadays are getting more complicated to use why i dont know but i dont really have time (neither does anyone) to figure out how to use a champion this complicated when i need to either grind of finish a quest
  • Options
    I seem to remember Kabam Mike saying that Green Goblin would be one of the better power control champs, even an answer to MD. Am I missing something? Am I not playing him right? I have a 3/45 5* GG and while his L1 can power burn, it is far from anything that would be considered a tool for power controlling. Am I crazy or were we fed a false story to build excitement for the upcoming champion?

Maybe he meant that he can power control on master mode ;P
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    What they were referring to is unless you power lock someone power drain doesn't effect power gain buffs from things like Mystic Dispersion or Hyperion/Mordos power gain buffs.

The negative power gain from having cunning effects power gained from any source, including MD. On top of that the enfeeble cuts the opponents attack nearly in half, which then affects all damaging debuffs to do less damage, including limbo.

So, technically he's a good Magik counter, but he could use some help in other places. For a tool box champion at least you can choose what tools to use, instead of generating randomly like Cable or Punisher 2099. I like him, but feel he needs some extra "oomph" somewhere.

Of course, for all we know he just still has a bunch of bugs and will be a lot stronger when they are all fixed. Special 2 and 3 still don't seem to work right.
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I'm so glad I waited to spin featured for him. He's garbage for power control. I'll take my vision and magik for now.
  • Options
    SpielernameSpielername Posts: 132
    A4_Awesome wrote: »
    thats the dumb part champions nowadays are getting more complicated to use why i dont know but i dont really have time (neither does anyone) to figure out how to use a champion this complicated when i need to either grind of finish a quest

Lol he's not that complicated he's just not really good at doing his job.
    1. Hits really weak (incinerate just lasts not long enough and no way of making it or him hit stronger).
    2. Power controlling, he's not good at it. The 40% are noticeable but it still doesn't help him to much. Why should i use him if in an half hour to clear a Magik if i could use a dozen other champions who do the job better?
  • Options
    Hi
  • Options
    nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I stopped reading champion spotlights after reading Carnage counters electro due to his high bleed damage.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Much better power control champs in vision, hawk, magik, and dorm
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The problem I see with new champs seems like they come up with awesome new idea mechanics but then water them down heavily as to prevent them from being op. What we're left with is a complicated version of an older simpler champion, that just doesn't preform as well as his/her peers. Like gg being a power control champ that underperforms all other power controllers. Kinda like how psylocke could be amazing but then they double "balanced" her with reduced power gain and increased power gain for opponents when hit. Or carnage, #rawdamage... but then give him playground bleed and the worst base stats in the game so that his damage wouldn't be op. I just feel they are really worried about releasing god tier champs because then they may have to balance in the other direction. I get undertuning new champs because there's far less complaining if they ever buff them opposed to nerfing but the buffing never seems to happen.
  • Options
    KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    Something I'd like to add about goblin, not sure if others feel the same way. However I feel I could put it out there anyway.

I'm not a fan of his In fight animations including the board. It feels like a plastic toy where its connected to his feet and isn't vaguely realistic. I understand it's a marvel game, but I assumed the board would have a bob and weave to it, not some stuck to his feet look. When he dashes back the board isn't pushing him back, it looks like he's dragging it with him.

Kabam, goblins pre fight stance and build looks Great. But his fight animations aren't that great imho. He needs to fight on his feet and exclude the board. He could ride in on the board. Jump off, and the board flies out of frame and during specials it shows up (like how he controlled the board in the original Toby McGuire Spider-Man movie) and then back out of frame. He has claws, why isn't he bleeding or slashing at them? Why is he punching? He should use those sharp claws. Also seems you make the power control tedious to use. With a parry it gives a disadvantage I've heard to power control.
    He is like Phoenix regen. Great concept but tedious to use and will be on the bench and arena fodder.

You need to revisit him, give him a standard fight pattern. You really don't need to try and make every champ super unique with their animations and over abundance of abilities that makes them confusing and awkward to use, where you're chasing the sweet spot just to lose it. I'd like to see goblin taken off the board during actual fight, given a traditional fight animation, tweaked abilities like seatin offered in his latest video and have his class changed to science (being if he's fighting on his feet he's not using the board "to fight") those who've awakened with tech gem or ranked can keep how he is but he really needs to be science.

Also, add lizard. Give lizard a savage menacing appeal like goblin, bleed and poison from slashing, poisons do the whole neurotoxin thing. And he regens, could even be a beast sort where you run a combo pattern to not make it op but learnable. Would be a simple champ, but effective. And Definitly if you added lizard. Make him science. Bleed & poison from slashing, poisons do the neurotoxin thing (being he's a lizard he could have a venom) and a useable simple regen, and be science class. Boom, science has a champ anyone wants beside quake.
    I think y'all should consider giving quality over quantity abilities. Overdoing the abilities makes champs too complex and difficult to use. Carbage is a great example of this.
  • Options
    Can only have so many god tier champs. It takes time for players to get em. When enough ppl have them, they'll get nerfed and we start over again lol
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Can only have so many god tier champs. It takes time for players to get em. When enough ppl have them, they'll get nerfed and we start over again lol

That's not the problem, it's more they didn't advertise him properly. They hyped him up for seemingly no reason.
  • Options
    FirliFirli Posts: 0
    Beri saya cara agar bisa mendapatkan pahlawan bintang 4/5
  • Options
    FirliFirli Posts: 0
    Beri saya cara agar bisa mendapatkan pahlawan bintang 4/5
  • Options
    It's a growing trend where the champion spotlights have been increasingly more misleading. It's best to be patient and let the community decide what uses a champ has, if any....
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    neb wrote: »
    It's a growing trend where the champion spotlights have been increasingly more misleading. It's best to be patient and let the community decide what uses a champ has, if any....

It wasn't just the spotlight. Miike specifically quoted one of the devs saying that GG was supposed to be a top tier power control champ. For that reason and that reason only I went for GG in arena and did over 17M for him, only to he disappointed by not only the lack of power control, but also the fact that cannot deal substantial damage.
  • Options
    chunkyb wrote: »

That's not the problem, it's more they didn't advertise him properly. They hyped him up for seemingly no reason.

This is why no one should listen to a company spout superlatives about their product imo.