**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Behold, the June Event Quest: Imperius Rex!

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Good that rewards are increased. But as usual, because the increment is relatively small, there will be complaints like “That’s it?”, which is kinda disappointing but expected.

Adding a Cav difficulty isn’t a bad option but the level of challenge it should provide is questionable. Should it be tuned to 5* R5/6* R2 level? Or 6* R3/4 level?

If it were the former, then after a short time, Cavalier difficulty becomes “too easy”. If the latter, then it might be “too difficult” upon release. Imo it’s a tough balancing act and definitely not a sustainable one, with the game’s future in mind. It’s unlikely that we want to stack Easy / Normal / Heroic / Masters / Uncollected / Cavalier / xxx / yyy etc.

My suggestion to Kabam will be to have a limit on the number of difficulties made available to players. Eg max of 5 based on the highest story progression title the player holds, in the current context, it’s Cavalier. Energy considerations might need to be considered as well.

I’d say 5* r5 level as in reality when you get cavalier no one would have a r3 6* heck no ones gonn have one of them till 6:3
    Issue with 5* r5 level is that it will go out of date very very fast.. and demands for a harder difficulty will follow. There’s no end to it imo.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Werewrym said:

I'm ready for the Cavalier EQ difficulty...

You and me both I was saying this on another post make a epic eq if possible you know!
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Gamer said:

OGAvenger said:

Looks great!!! Is the 12,825 gold correct for the uncollected reward? It’s 26,000 less than the Master difficulty reward which doesn’t make much sense lol

The Uncollected Quest hasn't been retuned yet. That is a more sensitive rebalance that we're discussing in conjunction with the Difficulty level of the Event.
    Wil make sens to giv uc alest 50k gold so we don’t felling gold is getting left out.
    I'd prefer units...275 seems fair lol seriously don't understand why there's no units... and I've done them all since the modok killmonger event... that should be changed in my opinion
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    TaZ_4178 said:

Gamer said:

OGAvenger said:

Looks great!!! Is the 12,825 gold correct for the uncollected reward? It’s 26,000 less than the Master difficulty reward which doesn’t make much sense lol

The Uncollected Quest hasn't been retuned yet. That is a more sensitive rebalance that we're discussing in conjunction with the Difficulty level of the Event.
    Wil make sens to giv uc alest 50k gold so we don’t felling gold is getting left out.
    Nah ther ain’t good ther need to be a update as Miike said ther just how to balvcen it out

I'd prefer units...275 seems fair lol seriously don't understand why there's no units... and I've done them all since the modok killmonger event... that should be changed in my opinion
    I’m find with no unit and I’m hav done all events so don’t mind zero unit
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

TaZ_4178 said:

Gamer said:

OGAvenger said:

Nah ther ain’t good ther need to be a update as Miike said ther just how to balvcen it out

I hate getting no units. Every single time. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but I think they left them off by mistake and then doubled down lol
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

TaZ_4178 said:

Gamer said:

OGAvenger said:

I hate getting no units. Every single time. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but I think they left them off by mistake and then doubled down lol
    For I’m am can se why offer won’t them I’m not one of them Arean or the way to go to get them
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    More 5* shards for Master! Yes!
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    So 100% Master and Uncollected is a full 5* crystal now? Nice.
  • F1TLYFEF1TLYFE Posts: 56
    edited June 2019
    Please keep uncollected @Kabam Miike . And if anything you really want to, add a cavalier difficulty. Uncollected is still pretty difficult. Still provides me with a pain in my neck consistently.

But Also along with the many great changes coming to the contest can we add an Expert level in GrandMaster Free-For-All for Tier 4 Catalyst Fragments? Thank you!

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Hey everybody, we can go back and forth on this all day, but I want to give some context and information on this Uncollected Rewards change.

We did not update Uncollected this time around because it's a more delicate balancing act. Why is that? Because as many of you have mentioned, the Difficulty of Uncollected Fluctuates more than Master or Heroic, etc. What we need to look at is both the difficulty level here, and the rewards.

Is Uncollected where it should be for difficulty, or is there need for a new designation (Cavalier, for instance). Does this Difficulty level become that new level, or is the next one even more Difficult? Do we need to wait a little while and make a new difficulty for after you complete Act 6? Where should Uncollected be in the Difficulty scale compared to what's coming next?

There are a lot of questions that we need to answer. We're not holding on to a rewards Change until we answer ALL of these, but we need to have some of this figured out before we can look at what we want to do for a difficulty change.

I hope that answers some questions on that. Let's keep this thread about the actual event itself.

What makes the most sense to me would be to keep UC rewards the same but knock it back to what it was when it was released (one path of nodes, not one path without them). That way players just getting UC can actually have a shot at doing the maps. Then add Cav difficulty that is a bit harder then what UC is now, with better rewards.
    If Cav difficulty is added it is extremely unlikely, and in my opinion undesirable, for it to be just "a bit harder" than UC. If we add Cav, then following the same design perspective that was followed with UC, UC would no longer "float" as top tier difficulty but would be knocked down to be approximately linearly above Master (my guess: one or two noded paths) while Cav would be substantially higher, and also variable and floating top tier difficulty. It would probably be some paths no nodes, some paths Act 5 nodes, and some paths Act 6 nodes.
    That was my point. Put UC back to where it was bacause UC isn't the top end of progression anymore. Make Cav the hardest level for the best players.
    Drooped2 said:

Honestly the only other thing I can think of would be to make pi and health scale based on what you bring (were gonna use prestige as an example) all r2 6s? Content is *harder* then the guy with r3 5s.

And make rewards scale to that somehow

They can do it just like they handled UC. Release it based around r3s but only have one noded path for a while. Once people's rosters grow, add more and more nodes to get the difficulty to where it needs to be.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Good that rewards are increased. But as usual, because the increment is relatively small, there will be complaints like “That’s it?”, which is kinda disappointing but expected.

Adding a Cav difficulty isn’t a bad option but the level of challenge it should provide is questionable. Should it be tuned to 5* R5/6* R2 level? Or 6* R3/4 level?

If it were the former, then after a short time, Cavalier difficulty becomes “too easy”. If the latter, then it might be “too difficult” upon release. Imo it’s a tough balancing act and definitely not a sustainable one, with the game’s future in mind. It’s unlikely that we want to stack Easy / Normal / Heroic / Masters / Uncollected / Cavalier / xxx / yyy etc.

My suggestion to Kabam will be to have a limit on the number of difficulties made available to players. Eg max of 5 based on the highest story progression title the player holds, in the current context, it’s Cavalier. Energy considerations might need to be considered as well.

I’d say 5* r5 level as in reality when you get cavalier no one would have a r3 6* heck no ones gonn have one of them till 6:3
    Issue with 5* r5 level is that it will go out of date very very fast.. and demands for a harder difficulty will follow. There’s no end to it imo.
    Thats the whole point of this style of game tho. There shouldnt be an end to the increasing of difficulty levels. The one and only time it should end is when they call it quits and close servers for good.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

I can see where your coming from I suppose make it tuned for r3 6* just make it a bit more difficult
  • velAUSIraptorvelAUSIraptor Posts: 5
    Merge Uncollected and Cavalier. Since gates seem to be the new theme of everything to revamp the rewards for uncollected add in cavalier gates. There should be a 100% exploration rewards for completing all uncollected paths then increased rewards for 100% the new cavalier gates. Rather than putting in a completely new quest just add a few more paths to uncollected that are more challenging and linked nodes that would buff the boss (iso corruption). The cavalier paths can have t2 alpha on the path which would make these paths look even more attractive.
  • velAUSIraptorvelAUSIraptor Posts: 5
    Ace_03 said:

Merge Uncollected and Cavalier. Since gates seem to be the new theme of everything to revamp the rewards for uncollected add in cavalier gates. There should be a 100% exploration rewards for completing all uncollected paths then increased rewards for 100% the new cavalier gates. Rather than putting in a completely new quest just add a few more paths to uncollected that are more challenging and linked nodes that would buff the boss (iso corruption). The cavalier paths can have t2 alpha on the path which would make these paths look even more attractive.

I would make it more simple, uncollected players and cavalier ones get the same event, but different iterations depending if you are cavalier or not.

Cavalier could be around the difficulty of room 5 of of dungeons in its final part, 30k-35k enemies, 150k-200k health and 9k to 10k attack, final bosses make it 70k, 300k to 350k health and 15k to 17k attack.

Rewards wise, it's hard to say but whatever Uncollected is should be doubled at the very least, preferably tripled (I know, I know, G.R.E.E.D)
    I agree the only problem I see is the variation between someone who just obtained cavalier and someone who obtained the title a while ago. If someone is not able to complete cavalier which caused them to miss out on both uncollected and cavalier it would backfire.
  • tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116
    edited June 2019
    Did the amount of t4b get dropped in heroic? Or is that an error? Was a fully formed t4b for as long as I can remember.

Edit: nvm. Saw there was more frags added.
  • NegritisNegritis Posts: 58

Hey everybody, we can go back and forth on this all day, but I want to give some context and information on this Uncollected Rewards change.

We did not update Uncollected this time around because it's a more delicate balancing act. Why is that? Because as many of you have mentioned, the Difficulty of Uncollected Fluctuates more than Master or Heroic, etc. What we need to look at is both the difficulty level here, and the rewards.

Is Uncollected where it should be for difficulty, or is there need for a new designation (Cavalier, for instance). Does this Difficulty level become that new level, or is the next one even more Difficult? Do we need to wait a little while and make a new difficulty for after you complete Act 6? Where should Uncollected be in the Difficulty scale compared to what's coming next?

There are a lot of questions that we need to answer. We're not holding on to a rewards Change until we answer ALL of these, but we need to have some of this figured out before we can look at what we want to do for a difficulty change.

I hope that answers some questions on that. Let's keep this thread about the actual event itself.

why not just add 250-300 units to UC?
    that would statisfy a lot of us and you could still tweak it as much as you wish
  • edited June 2019
    Summoners,

With the new Event Quest going live today, we wish to inform you of a known issue that will not affect Gameplay. At this time, Namor's description does not state that Power Gain effects are disabled when he enters his Imperius Rex state.

This will be fixed shortly, and is only a visual issue.
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    You get a thumbs up from me Kabam, these new rewards are a nice step in the right direction ! :smile:
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Shame that full 4star crystal for exploring master is not legendary
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★

#BuffUncollectedRewards

They just explained it's more sensitive, but they're looking at it. Not sure if it's because of adding a Cavalier Difficulty or not, but I'd be in favor of that. Uncollected has such a range of Players now that tweaking the difficulty of it too much wouldn't be reasonable for those on the lower end. In any event, they're on it. Lol.
    Personally, I agree. I'm not **** about it being hard, UC/Epic is actually really easy for me. I haven't struggled in a long time because my roster has grown a lot, however I do feel bad for new UC people who have to go through the extra difficulty for no increase in rewards.

Add Cav, make it a slight increase from the current UC/Epic, and then decrease the current UC/Epic back to where it was when it was first released. Problem solved.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    For all those who are commenting about no units in uncollected, at least they introduced Fantastic Four Use which can net you 25 units per day. Over the span of ~30 days you can earn ~750 units, not including the revives.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

#BuffUncollectedRewards

They just explained it's more sensitive, but they're looking at it. Not sure if it's because of adding a Cavalier Difficulty or not, but I'd be in favor of that. Uncollected has such a range of Players now that tweaking the difficulty of it too much wouldn't be reasonable for those on the lower end. In any event, they're on it. Lol.
    Personally, I agree. I'm not **** about it being hard, UC/Epic is actually really easy for me. I haven't struggled in a long time because my roster has grown a lot, however I do feel bad for new UC people who have to go through the extra difficulty for no increase in rewards.

Add Cav, make it a slight increase from the current UC/Epic, and then decrease the current UC/Epic back to where it was when it was first released. Problem solved.
    Yeah, to be fair, I'm not necessarily advocating taking it down a step. If that is what happens when and if Cavalier comes out, great. If not, fine. My concern is when you look at increasing the Rewards, the possibility may come that it is made harder, and that is concerning. Also, the growing needs of Cavalier-level Players, and the large range we have all in UC.
  • xfou21xfou21 Posts: 34
    edited June 2019
    You said there’d be enough coral for close to 10 rifts unless you get a ton from the daily events you could only get like 2 or 3
    A lot of the rest of it is going to come from The Daily Login Calendar, and the Solo Events.

@Kabam Miike By daily login you mean that t1 coral shards ?? No way can someone open 10 t4 rifts.2-3 more realistic..you just got us too hyped
    You finally have decent rewards with decent odds and you dont give us a way to claim them.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • KimilKimil Posts: 84
    @Kabam Miike hey, I was wondering if you’d be able to elaborate on the decision to include pathways like the attached in the monthly EQ. There is no champion on the additional route so appears to serve as a method of increasing energy usage by forcing another run on the map. In future would it not be more effective to simply add another route, add a champion to said route, or cut out the additional path altogether?
  • KimilSung said:

@Kabam Miike hey, I was wondering if you’d be able to elaborate on the decision to include pathways like the attached in the monthly EQ. There is no champion on the additional route so appears to serve as a method of increasing energy usage by forcing another run on the map. In future would it not be more effective to simply add another route, add a champion to said route, or cut out the additional path altogether?

Every Event Quest will have the same number of paths per quest (except for situations like Thanos, or all beginner difficulty quests). Sometimes, we choose to do it in this fashion, other times you'll have branches that intersect.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

KimilSung said:

Every Event Quest will have the same number of paths per quest (except for situations like Thanos, or all beginner difficulty quests). Sometimes, we choose to do it in this fashion, other times you'll have branches that intersect.
    I think he means if there was a fight there instead of a empty node, he wouldn’t complain.