**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Karnak: Is he good?

RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
Just got him from a 4* crystal. Looking at his abilities, he'll probably be really good against evade champions, but of course, the second best way to know if he is good is hearing from others. What do you think? Do you think I can find a use for him in tough content and AQ/AW?

Comments

• Options
    TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    My opinion (and I assume most agree) is that he is average with some utility. He is a glass cannon. If you can play perfectly, you can get good damage in, but he can't block well. If you get hit at all, you will be KO quickly.
  • Options
    Ah, one of those kind of champions. The kind where getting hit is extremely consequential, but playing well will reward you well. Point taken. :)
  • Options
    SuskanutSuskanut Posts: 113
    I feel that he's moderate but has his uses
  • Options
    SuskanutSuskanut Posts: 113
    I feel that he's moderate but has his uses like fighting Spidey
  • Options
    He's better than most people will tell you. I've used him to beat duped Magik as a boss in AW. And he was a huge help in the webslinger challenge. People who generally say he is terrible just do not know how to use him.

I asked one of my mates in alliance chat and he says he is ****, though he never really put any evidence, so I guess he is one of those kind of people.

So far, comments on this thread say he is at least moderate or better than moderate, which means he might actually be good. As mentioned before, hearing other's opinions is the second best way, while the best is to try him out myself. Since there's quite a few who say he can be decent, I'll probably try him out very soon, once I get the catalysts.
  • Options
    Trumpoot wrote: »
    If you compare numbers, his Focus gives him a HUGE critical rating boost. like REALLY HUGE.
    also, if u make it to L3, 80% defensive ability reduction for 40 seconds. that is a VERY long time.
    and True Strike is not just good against evade. it ignores armor AND resistance.

Cool, so he's gonna crit like crazy, and can ignore tough champions like Rulk and Hulkbuster. I'm easily getting convinced into ranking him now...
  • Options
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    If you compare numbers, his Focus gives him a HUGE critical rating boost. like REALLY HUGE.
    also, if u make it to L3, 80% defensive ability reduction for 40 seconds. that is a VERY long time.
    and True Strike is not just good against evade. it ignores armor AND resistance.

Cool, so he's gonna crit like crazy, and can ignore tough champions like Rulk and Hulkbuster. I'm easily getting convinced into ranking him now...

Definitely worth 3/30 or even 4/40. At 4/40 mine is a bosskiller in war of certain champs.

BTW Red Hulk and Hulkbuster are rather easy, regardless of who you use. You have to practice baiting their s1 and evading it.

How about 5/50? I got the materials, just not enough T4B
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★

Definitely worth 3/30 or even 4/40. At 4/40 mine is a bosskiller in war of certain champs.

BTW Red Hulk and Hulkbuster are rather easy, regardless of who you use. You have to practice baiting their s1 and evading it.

I've got him at R5. Hated him at first but now I use him in war attack often. Solid champ.
  • Options
    TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185

I'd wait and 5/50 Gwenpool or a duped BW, duped CB.

COMPLETELY agree.

Karnak is cool, but i wouldn't r5 before these other champs. GP especially. slightly higher Prestige than karnak, and such a beast!
  • Options
    wray1976 wrote: »

I've got him at R5. Hated him at first but now I use him in war attack often. Solid champ.

Oh, I already have a R5 duped Gwenpool, and an R5 duped WS. Also got Crossbones but he isn't duped.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I asked one of my mates in alliance chat and he says he is ****, though he never really put any evidence, so I guess he is one of those kind of people.

So far, comments on this thread say he is at least moderate or better than moderate, which means he might actually be good. As mentioned before, hearing other's opinions is the second best way, while the best is to try him out myself. Since there's quite a few who say he can be decent, I'll probably try him out very soon, once I get the catalysts.

I think the evidence should came from people claiming he's a beast able to beat Elders or whatever.

I've him duped and I wish he was better than moderate even good.
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    I took my Karnak to r5. He has excelent damage output and was excelent in web slingers. I can only sugest bringing him to r5 if you personally like him and are very good at using him
  • Options
    Scottryan wrote: »
    I took my Karnak to r5. He has excelent damage output and was excelent in web slingers. I can only sugest bringing him to r5 if you personally like him and are very good at using him

Alright, I'll test him out at R3 and R4 first before deciding.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    He also negates mordo s astral evade under true strike.
  • Options
    Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    I too was excited when I got him.

BUT,

I took him to rank 3 and into the ROL against WS. I went 300+ hit streaks twice and his damage wasn't anything to brag about. I won't be ranking him up any higher. I understand when people say he's great against spiders, outside of that, I don't see much use for him.
  • Options
    313rd313rd Posts: 160
    Guess he is ok for lower tier wars, some of the spideys, again he was one of the champs that took a big hit after 12.0 he has steady damage output if you never get hit but not a boss killer anymore. A decent route clearer at most, and there are so many other champs who are better. I had him rank 4 5* rank down immediately
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    He's better than most people will tell you. I've used him to beat duped Magik as a boss in AW. And he was a huge help in the webslinger challenge. People who generally say he is terrible just do not know how to use him.

Tell us how to use him then properly
  • Options

It depends on who you are facing as an opponent. Why the personal attack and hate for him though?
  • Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited August 2017

@Trumpoot and @Minion_of_Doom are right in their posts above.

But...he's pretty simple to use. His s1 activated is effective against evade. And his s3 has an 80% chance to prevent Magik's limbo from activating. When focused he gains a critical rating and physical resistance.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I find him useful for Evade champs
  • Options
    RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Karnak is far from a glass cannon, i use him in AQ after all. Map5×5 and he puts those symbioids down with ease.
  • Options
    nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Best Karnak mastery setup imo is liquid courage + willpower. At r5 mine has a constant 40ish regen due to his poison resistance. He's got sneaky good regen with that build
  • Options
    Just pulled him and wondering whether he's worth using in a crit team.

Also, is his dupe useful or does it just boil down to poison resist?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    He's great against high Armor Champs like HB. He's great against Rhino as well. It's all about getting his style down. He doesn't move very fast, so you need to be calculated.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    He ain't the sharpest tool in the shed...
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    he's the kind you use because you don't have a better option, okay champ but outclassed by many others.