**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Eric1701Eric1701 Posts: 9
    After running two wars with the new map i wanted to leave my two cents....

I am not fond of the new map at all - and not because of the nodes. I don't like the new map because it is a 'dumb' map. Meaning that it requires zero intelligence or strategy to run! Throw some appropriately powerful accounts/players at it and turn them lose. Done.
    With most of the old maps it was interesting (to me) because tiles were easy to miss if someone wasn't paying attention. Get to the end of the map, every foe was down, boss down, but couldn't 100% because one person took a shortcut. Frustrating, sure, but at least it was a challenge.
    The season 10 map itself is unimaginative and uninspired.

And by the way Kabam, when are you going to fix the seriously broken alliance potion mechanic? Your customer base has been asking for this to be changed for well over a year now. Change it already!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

Thank you Kabam for the joke this new AW map bring us !
    Its so juicy seeing so many nodes making champions nearly undoable without tons of items !

Lets just see this node 20 which gives an unstoppable buff every 8 seconds.. ok thats fine
    The buff initially last 4 seconds out of the 8 before the next buff... ouch
    Wait no ! The buff gain +75% duration... making it last 7 secondes out of the 8 before the next buff 🤣🤣🤣
    This is without extensive buffs duration of Hyperion or Voodoo which make them virtually unstopable for the remzinder of the fight if you’re unable to dispose them in the 8 first secondes or if you can’t block the arrival of the buff... 👍
    Oh and in case its not enough, every 6 secondes you got a degen if you can’t hit 😂😂😂

You’re a joke. The timer for the 8 seconds cooldown doesn’t start until Unstoppable is over. You can parry champs when Unstoppable is up.

Get your facts straight before complaining.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Stellar said:

Its so juicy seeing so many nodes making champions nearly undoable without tons of items !

Lets just see this node 20 which gives an unstoppable buff every 8 seconds.. ok thats fine
    Wait no ! The buff gain +75% duration... making it last 7 secondes out of the 8 before the next buff 🤣🤣🤣
    This is without extensive buffs duration of Hyperion or Voodoo which make them virtually unstopable for the remzinder of the fight if you’re unable to dispose them in the 8 first secondes or if you can’t block the arrival of the buff... 👍
    Oh and in case its not enough, every 6 secondes you got a degen if you can’t hit 😂😂😂

You’re a joke. The timer for the 8 seconds cooldown doesn’t start until Unstoppable is over. You can parry champs when Unstoppable is up.

Hmm ikr. Did these unstoppables with my r4 spidergwen. Easy money. There’s better complaints that are valid then this.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Jaded said:

xNig said:

Stellar said:

Hmm ikr. Did these unstoppables with my r4 spidergwen. Easy money. There’s better complaints that are valid then this.
    Interesting... isn’t she still more of a defender though even post update/buff?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Stellar said:

Well also gotta remember hyperion further increases that buff duration by 75% id be more worried off timing out than anything else
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

xNig said:

Stellar said:

Interesting... isn’t she still more of a defender though even post update/buff?
    Nah. She’s pretty decent for these new buffs. Her slow debuff stops unstoppable, her sp2 paralyze stops energy and healing. And she can control power with enervate.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Maybe I’ll try Spidergwen in AQ Map 5 vs Hyp mini boss lol
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Stellar said:

Well also gotta remember hyperion further increases that buff duration by 75% id be more worried off timing out than anything else
    Does it stack? Because Hype's dupe gives +75% duration, and the node gives +75% duration, so that means he's unstoppable for 10 seconds if it's additive.
    Werewrym said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Stellar said:

Does it stack? Because Hype's dupe gives +75% duration, and the node gives +75% duration, so that means he's unstoppable for 10 seconds if it's additive.
    Pretty sure it stacks because Hyperiond sig just says increases his buff duration by 75%
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Nodes 13 and 19 need to be reworked. Aspect of War should NEVER be in war EVER! Especially coupled up with Spite.

Hey all,

I don't have anything to add right now, but I wanted to let you all know that we've been collecting all of your feedback, and making sure that it is seen by our Alliance Wars Team.

So, please keep your constructive feedback coming.

Again thank you just acknowledging the post at least let’s us know your listening thanks
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,144 ★★★★★

Hey all,

I don't have anything to add right now, but I wanted to let you all know that we've been collecting all of your feedback, and making sure that it is seen by our Alliance Wars Team.

Agie node is to dangerous one somone Chmap so. Hops you get away with them
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    What gets me is that many people predicted all these issues when they released the nodes. AQ bosses that are way too hard and AW nodes that are impossible with certain champs and masteries.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★

What gets me is that many people predicted all these issues when they released the nodes. AQ bosses that are way too hard and AW nodes that are impossible with certain champs and masteries.

Yes - a lot of this was posted with specific champions that would break the nodes. I am not sure why the advice from Beta testing was largely ignored.

Madcat said:

Yes - a lot of this was posted with specific champions that would break the nodes. I am not sure why the advice from Beta testing was largely ignored.
    Every time we had a reply that included "This Champion would make this Node impossible", we tested that combination extensively, and though some of them are very difficult without certain Counters, we did make sure that they were possible to beat in One Shot.

These Nodes are new, and there will be a learning curve, especially those that require you to try Champions that you wouldn't normally use.

That said, we're not ignoring this feedback, and the team has already spent a lot of time reading what you guys have said.
    I don’t mind the aw difficulty just please whatever rewards you were gonna do for s11 implement them now for s10

Madcat said:

Every time we had a reply that included "This Champion would make this Node impossible", we tested that combination extensively, and though some of them are very difficult without certain Counters, we did make sure that they were possible to beat in One Shot.

These Nodes are new, and there will be a learning curve, especially those that require you to try Champions that you wouldn't normally use.

That said, we're not ignoring this feedback, and the team has already spent a lot of time reading what you guys have said.
    Wow - thank you for the direct response, I was not expecting that. I hear what you are saying, appreciate the feedback, and I would like some further clarification if possible. The champions you mentioned for one shotting difficult nodes...

"Certain counters" limit us to only a few champs to drop in one shot. How many champions are you guys designing nodes to be able to be dropped in one attempt? 1? 2? 5?

Given that you mention champions that we normally do not use... this is forcing us to rank up not viable champions for a specific node in AW - assuming you even have that champ. Is that a good idea to restrict the answers to these nodes so tightly? Even node 29 in T4+ had at least half a dozen viable answers to one shot that were good champions to use in general.

The champions that were used to one shot these nodes - were they R5/65 sig 200 champs? Were the defenders R5/65 sig 200 champions with the ideal masteries enabled (e.g. Limber, etc)?

Hopefully these challenges yield better, more useful rewards than the Variant quest lines for accounts that have been around long enough to make the prizes obsolete, especially if you pull multiples of the same... but that is probably a topic for another discussion and not here.

Back on the topic - yes, not everyone has the same damage output as Ghost, but an R5 that does this on Day 3, played perfectly, and still times out is not a test of skill or using a specific counter... it is an overtuned node. The same is applied to AW - there are only a very few certain specific champions that will have the damage output AND specific counter mechanic to be able to drop X node in one shot.

This will be very frustrating to the player base who lose 50% of their health each time, plus lost bonuses because the node/champion combo cannot be completed in only 3 minutes. Have you guys though about extending the fight time limit from 3 minutes?
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★

We also did it with our own Rosters, and not just Test accounts, so their Rank, Rarities and Sig Levels were all over the place, but pretty indicative of a player in the Challenger and Expert Map tiers.

You're going to see more and more Challenges that require specific counters throughout the Contest, but this is not new. Not really "specific champs", but Specific Mechanics, like Champions that can avoid Bleed Damage, or Champions that can have Ability Accuracy Reduction, or cause Energy Damage.

This would be acceptable if there were better chances or ways to get said counters. The champion pool is so large and the drop rates are so low it’s nearly impossible to even get a new champion on your roster let alone a new champion that can counter bufffs.

That being said if you even get one or two of these counters the resources to rank up those counters takes months and months to obtain. Specifically T2 alpha, gold, etc.

@Kabam Miike you have to admit this is much harder than the previous alliance war map that’s why I suggest you should implement he rewards you were going to add in s11 to s10
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited June 2019

Madcat said:

Madcat said:

Wow - thank you for the direct response, I was not expecting that. I hear what you are saying, appreciate the feedback, and I would like some further clarification if possible. The champions you mentioned for one shotting difficult nodes...

"Certain counters" limit us to only a few champs to drop in one shot. How many champions are you guys designing nodes to be able to be dropped in one attempt? 1? 2? 5?

Given that you mention champions that we normally do not use... this is forcing us to rank up not viable champions for a specific node in AW - assuming you even have that champ. Is that a good idea to restrict the answers to these nodes so tightly? Even node 29 in T4+ had at least half a dozen viable answers to one shot that were good champions to use in general.

The champions that were used to one shot these nodes - were they R5/65 sig 200 champs? Were the defenders R5/65 sig 200 champions with the ideal masteries enabled (e.g. Limber, etc)?
    Don't underestimate the fact that you can see most of the Champions on the Map before you event Choose your team. If you know who you're going to be facing, choose the Champions that will counter those Challenges.

The fact that you can see all of these Defenders, and that these Nodes offer different Challenges than before are a step towards making more Champions viable in another Area of the Game. Not every Champion is going to do the same Damage as Ghost, but that doesn't mean that they're not good.

We also did it with our own Rosters, and not just Test accounts, so their Rank, Rarities and Sig Levels were all over the place, but pretty indicative of a player in the Challenger and Expert Map tiers.

You're going to see more and more Challenges that require specific counters throughout the Contest, but this is not new. Not really "specific champs", but Specific Mechanics, like Champions that can avoid Bleed Damage, or Champions that can have Ability Accuracy Reduction, or cause Energy Damage.
    show us a video of you clearing path 9 with DH or one of the other tricky fights on the aegis node in challenger or expert
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    I’m fine with the aw changes personally. I thought it was going to break the game at first but I am enjoying the new nodes and flexibility for paths and mini bosses so far at least. My only problem is that some nodes are very counter specific but at least all nodes are possible unlike future iterations of aw where nodes could not be soloed without extreme boosting
  • Hey all,

Glad to hear it sir! The biggest concern I have, and it's not something that even affects my Alliance so much as international Alliance. The requirement to have 9 players running in tandem to make it out of each section. That places extra stress on those Alliances, and frankly, even on the regionally constructed Alliances. While players are close timezone wise, they may not be available at the drop of a hat for a myriad of reasons.

Overall, I do like the new map. Has lots of potential. Certain nodes are clearly a bit more difficult, and this has lead to a lot of frustration for various reasons. All that can be managed over time. The primary concern I stated before, that may be a bigger thorn in some Alliance's side than Psychic Thorns, lol. The previous AW map did not require 9 players to make it to the end. You only really NEEDED 6-7 at most to get to the end. Sure you wouldn't get 100% exploration, but it was possible to get the Boss down.

Now suddenly it's 9 or you're gonna be jammed up for awhile. That's a BIG change when Alliances had adjusted themselves to the previous situation. This will undoubtedly cause some to splinter. Others to throw in the towel in regards to Alliance Wars. Honestly, I'd hate to see that happen as lots of players make some tight bonds with people they would NEVER have met otherwise. All thanks to MCoC. That in itself is pretty cool, and I tip my hat to all in involved with making this game come to be for that aspect alone (among many other reasons 😉).

My final piece of feedback is in regards to the lack of reward changes for AW. This little nugget keeps nagging at my head and perhaps we can get some clarity as to what the thinking was. We've been told the overhaul will come with Defense Tactics in Season 11. Now, why is it that the community as a whole has to wait for a reward buff due to a feature that's only going to be available for T5-T1 Alliances? We all got a new Map. New nodes. New challenges. Yet, everyone has to wait due to something that not everyone can utilize. I'm almost 100% certain the majority would be happy with JUST single war rewards getting updated now, and the Season rewards update with Season 11. Just a suggestion.

In general, I can see why many are upset and are wanting some changes. I'm sure the AW team can see some of these grievances are justified. I wouldn't expect everything to be addressed 100%, nor should it be. There IS in fact a learning curve here as you so eloquently put it, and I wholeheartedly agree. Some will just take some adjustments. No doubt! On the flipside, somethings indefinitely could use some attention. Thank you for the acknowledgement that things are being looked into. Hopefully come time for Season 10, the majority will be satisfied with the situation and we can go in ready to rock!