**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enhanced Fury isn't working with Thing's furies

Enhanced fury isn't increasing the potency of Thing's furies. I know his furies are passive but the champion spotlight for Thing suggests Extended Fury as a recommended mastery. It says, "Thing can easily generate lots of Fury effects by removing Rock Stacks. The Enhanced Fury mastery will increase the strength of these effects across the board."

Can we get this looked at?

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Enhanced fury isn't increasing the potency of Thing's furies. I know his furies are passive but the champion spotlight for Thing suggests Extended Fury as a recommended mastery. It says, "Thing can easily generate lots of Fury effects by removing Rock Stacks. The Enhanced Fury mastery will increase the strength of these effects across the board."

I made a very similar thread about this nearly a year ago and received no response. This one is regarding Sabretooth:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/84694/enhanced-fury-mastery-has-no-effect-on-sabretooths-passive-furies

It seems that the masteries don't have an affect on passive furies despite the Fury masteries not making any distinction between Fury buff and Fury passive...just Fury effects.
  • rockstar323rockstar323 Posts: 57

I made a very similar thread about this nearly a year ago and received no response. This one is regarding Sabretooth:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/84694/enhanced-fury-mastery-has-no-effect-on-sabretooths-passive-furies

It seems that the masteries don't have an affect on passive furies despite the Fury masteries not making any distinction between Fury buff and Fury passive...just Fury effects.
    Yeah, I found yours after I posted mine. I'm assuming, since it's suggested in both Champion Spotlight's that it's a bug. Hopefully it will be addressed this time.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

Yeah, I found yours after I posted mine. I'm assuming, since it's suggested in both Champion Spotlight's that it's a bug. Hopefully it will be addressed this time.
    "It is working as intended" most will say but in this case enhanced fury doesn't work on thing because it enhances active fury buffs not passive which thing has
    Zuro said:

"It is working as intended" most will say but in this case enhanced fury doesn't work on thing because it enhances active fury buffs not passive which thing has
    "Increase the effectiveness of Fury by 8.0%".

This is the text for the Enhanced Fury mastery. It makes no distinction between buffs and passives.

There are two possibilities at this point:

You are correct and the Enhanced Fury mastery only enhances Fury BUFFS and not Fury PASSIVES. If this is the case, then the in-game description of the mastery is incorrect and the Champion Spotlights for both Thing and Sabretooth were misleading and/or incorrect.

OR

The Champion Spotlights are correct and the bug is simply that the masteries aren't having the intended effect on Fury Passives.

In either case, the description doesn't match the in-game results. In either case, it's a bug that should be addressed.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

This is the text for the Enhanced Fury mastery. It makes no distinction between buffs and passives.

You are correct and the Enhanced Fury mastery only enhances Fury BUFFS and not Fury PASSIVES. If this is the case, then the in-game description of the mastery is incorrect and the Champion Spotlights for both Thing and Sabretooth were misleading and/or incorrect.

OR

The Champion Spotlights are correct and the bug is simply that the masteries aren't having the intended effect on Fury Passives.

In either case, the description doesn't match the in-game results. In either case, it's a bug that should be addressed.
    Tbh the difference between passive and active buffs are so stupid in this game and it's just bound for confusion

Zuro said:

OR

It's extremely misleading to recommend the mastery and it not work. I spent over 100 units changing my masteries around and then back once I realized it wasn't working. I won't mind it as long as they fix it and not just hand wave it with a "working as intended" excuse. Because given the spotlights and mastery description, it's not.
    @Kabam Vydious can we get this looked at? It's apparently been an issue for about a year. The mastery is being suggested in champion spotlights but isn't working with passive furies. I know mastery cost has been reduced but it can still cost a decent amount to reapply the attack tree.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    There is also a bug with Thing's furies when you transition from 40 passive furies and convert 15-20 rock stacks using a special --- there is NEVER any crits. I used Thing to complete Variant 2 100% this past week if any dev can / wants to look at my logs.
    MavRCK_ said:

There is also a bug with Thing's furies when you transition from 40 passive furies and convert 15-20 rock stacks using a special --- there is NEVER any crits. I used Thing to complete Variant 2 100% this past week if any dev can / wants to look at my logs.

His crit rate is pretty low.
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 558 ★★★
    I felt the same with She-Hulks passive furies. OG hulk even with 1 fury shows the yellow crit numbers or atleast the red/orange fury damage numbers but Sh-Hulks case I am curious since she must do so much more damage with these passive furies and my enhanced fury mastery. Once in a while she crits big and completely random, sometimes on heavy sometimes on sp1 and sometimes sp2 and rest of the time its just the small white numbers on damage. Randomly i have seen the white damage numbers also which are high, very rare though. With so many furies even her basic hits should do more damage and should show the yellow crit numbers or atleast it should be in the red/orange color. Something seems off about she-Hulk when compared to her updated champion spotlight.

I could be wrong. Maybe I am missing something. If some other She-hulk players can confirm.
    @Kabam Miike can we please get some help on this or at the very least, looked at?

The issue was brought up with Sabertooth 11 months ago with no response.

The mastery is suggested in both Sabertooth's and Thing's Champion Spotlight so I'm assuming it's a bug.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Apologies for the confusion caused by the information in the spotlights. Enhanced Fury only effects Fury Buffs not Fury Passive Effects. We will look at getting the spotlights updated to reduce this confusion.

Apologies for the confusion caused by the information in the spotlights. Enhanced Fury only effects Fury Buffs not Fury Passive Effects. We will look at getting the spotlights updated to reduce this confusion.

I'm not sure it was as much "confusion" as it was an outright error. Sabretooth's champion spotlight shows the following even now:

Recommended Masteries

Glass Cannon, Greater Strength, Enhanced Fury
    •All Masteries that enhances Attack Rating will be extremely useful when using Sabretooth. Sabretooth is able to activate multiple Fury effects, which will also increase his Bleed damage.

While I appreciate the clarification, it's getting to be pretty disheartening that these errors keep getting corrected in a way that makes the champ worse instead of better. Immortal Iron Fist's Armor Breaks, Symbiote Supreme's Staggers, and Domino's L2 all come to mind.

A lot of people rely on these champion spotlights to make decisions on which champs they plan on grinding/spending for. Accuracy in the information would go a long way in fostering a feeling of confidence within the player base.