**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Killmonger with Void synergy

Killmonger with Void synergy can't purify Havok's Plasma Debuffs.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    Isn't KMs armor passive? I don't think passive armor negates plasma detonation damage
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Maybe you were just unlucky every time?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Isn't KMs armor passive? I don't think passive armor negates plasma detonation damage

we're not talking about that, we're talking about killmonger synergy with void that has a chance to purify debuffs.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    I don't think you want those to be purified ... Havoc causes extra damage for that
  • Slanderous12Slanderous12 Posts: 21

Maybe you were just unlucky every time?
    Yeah, that is possible.
  • Slanderous12Slanderous12 Posts: 21

I don't think you want those to be purified ... Havoc causes extra damage for that

Forgot about that, good to know.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Forgot about that, good to know.
    That may be the case, but KM will also regen quite a bit of health with each Purify trigger. It would probably still be a net benefit overall if the synergy worked on Plasma debuffs.

• OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited June 2019

That may be the case, but KM will also regen quite a bit of health with each Purify trigger. It would probably still be a net benefit overall if the synergy worked on Plasma debuffs.

Void's synergy regens 4+(4*.15)% of KM's health on purify, and each purified plasma does about 40% of Havok's attack. On the other hand, you'll take damage from the overall debuff exploding at ~15% attack each when it finally detonates.

Assuming 35k health for 5/65 KM, he heals 1610 per debuff. To be beneficial, that much be greater than the 25% attack between normal detonation and early purification. Therefore, it is beneficial if the opposing Havok has fewer than 6440 attack, and harmful if he has more than that.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Ordalca said:

Void's synergy regens 4+(4*.15)% of KM's health on purify, and each purified plasma does about 40% of Havok's attack. On the other hand, you'll take damage from the overall debuff exploding at ~15% attack each when it finally detonates.

Assuming 35k health for 5/65 KM, he heals 1610 per debuff. To be beneficial, that much be greater than the 25% attack between normal detonation and early purification. Therefore, it is beneficial if the opposing Havok has fewer than 6440 attack, and harmful if he has more than that.
    I like where you're going with this.

I don't have Havok, so I'm reading his champion spotlight. Here's what it states:

When a Plasma Buildup is removed, it detonates causing 168 Energy Damage.
    If a Plasma Build Up is removed due to a Purify effect its Damage is increased to 448.

His base attack rating is 2245.

Purifying a Plasma Build Up increases the damage to 448/2245 = 20% of his base attack.

Using your number from before, 1610 regen needs to be more than 20% of Havok's attack to be beneficial. So 1610 * 5 = 8050. So Havok's attack rating needs to be less than 8050 for the purify effect to net a gain to KM's health.

While this would normally be the case in most areas of the game (certainly all arenas and most quests), you also have to consider that Havok will always get an Attack Rating boost due to having class advantage. There's also the issue of bleeds triggering plasma buildup debuffs. This means that this is still a poor matchup for Killmonger, but I think if this synergy worked properly, it would be a benefit to most players who find themselves in this situation. I'd argue that someone fighting in AW going against a Havok with over 8K attack wouldn't bring KM to the fight anyway.

I think this interaction is worth looking into.