**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thank you for finally adding a disagree button!!!

Comments

• Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Kobster84 said:

What’s with the stars

It ranks how cool you are
    Awww .. man ... :(
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Lol. Well, that's not something I've ever paid attention to. I'm very active, but it's always been just a number to me. I don't comment to boost the numbers or anything like that. I'm usually just involved in the conversations I'm having. Other people notice but it never crosses my mind.

And sorry, somehow cant edit first post.

I suggest you to start paying attention to it then, cause you may finally understand why you arr the only user on these forums being treated the way you are. Not a single other user ever had the “problems” you did, to the point mods had to remove flagging completely from forums.
    You joined June 11th. How exactly would know about his "problems"? How would you also know the history behind the flagging and abuse? 2nd forum account maybe?

The "flag" button hasnt meant what it's supposed to mean for well over a year. It wasnt disabled because of him, it was disabled because it wasnt being used like was supposed to be used..
    Magic. Am i not allowed to use one of my accounts to post here? Last time i checked you re not limited to one :smirk

Actually you aren't allowed multiple forum accounts. Its 100% against forum rules.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Terra said:

With great power comes great responsibility. ;)

But where’s the flag button?
    Probably to avoid abuse of it due to everyone flagging things they don't approve of.
    This is correct. The 'Flagging' system was meant to be used for 'Abuse' and 'Spam' not for disagreement, but folks still used it for that and it would bog down our systems making it hard to find actual spam and/or abuse. Therefore we wanted go about implementing a different system to better this. :)
    Great ... so uh ... how do we mark Abuse or Spam now ? ;)

Disagree ... a lot? :)
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom is there a leaderboard that we can see of highest scores in the forums?
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

I'm just fishing for a few more likes so I can be that much more credible... :D

My very first disagree. I shall frame it and cherish it for always.
  • Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★

I'm just fishing for a few more likes so I can be that much more credible... :D

My very first disagree. I shall frame it and cherish it for always.
    What if I be the second can you frame it too :smiley:
  • Options
    GermycoolGermycool Posts: 25
    edited June 2019

LOL!!!!
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    They should have left the flag system for at least a bit. Adding the dislike option probably would have fixed some of the problem. If they jailed a few of the main offenders for flag abuse it might have been fine. Just curious. Does anyone want to be a "Community Guardian?" I have zero interest.
  • Options
    Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    Well is everyone hitting that disagree button for fun??
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

They should have left the flag system for at least a bit. Adding the dislike option probably would have fixed some of the problem. If they jailed a few of the main offenders for flag abuse it might have been fine. Just curious. Does anyone want to be a "Community Guardian?" I have zero interest.

I still dont get what they do but I imagine I've had too many warnings for some of my comments to try anyways
    It would seem that they are supposed to be knowledgeable players who help the Mods and the community by answering questions and having the flag option. Lots of people do that anyway but you'd have to avoid the kind of (sometimes needed) post that gets you warned, and you'd have to have a "community guardian" tag. Seems like a good way to make the forum a chore.
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    I dont, unless I really disagree with that Pov.
    Sunny2847 said:

• Options
    hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Ohhhh I like this method 👻👾
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

I still dont get what they do but I imagine I've had too many warnings for some of my comments to try anyways
    It would seem that they are supposed to be knowledgeable players who help the Mods and the community by answering questions and having the flag option. Lots of people do that anyway but you'd have to avoid the kind of (sometimes needed) post that gets you warned, and you'd have to have a "community guardian" tag. Seems like a good way to make the forum a chore.
    Yea that sounds like unpaid work to me I dont like work.
    Ala "Could you please post a video of the bug you're describing?"

The community does a lot of free debugging work.
  • Options
    MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 573 ★★
    So in the end everyone will get 5 stars. That makes no sense, whats the point in them if you can't move up and down the star rating?
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

So in the end everyone will get 5 stars. That makes no sense, whats the point in them if you can't move up and down the star rating?

You could always ask for rank down tickets...
  • Options
    Blizz_4R_Blizz_4R_ Posts: 95
    I disagree
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Sunny2847 said:

Heyyyyyy dude, long time no see!

also seems the "disagree" button is working for you, lol.
  • Options
    CharlieMurphyKCCharlieMurphyKC Posts: 91

Terra said:

Probably to avoid abuse of it due to everyone flagging things they don't approve of.
    This is correct. The 'Flagging' system was meant to be used for 'Abuse' and 'Spam' not for disagreement, but folks still used it for that and it would bog down our systems making it hard to find actual spam and/or abuse. Therefore we wanted go about implementing a different system to better this. :)
    So how do you plan on finding spam and abuse now?
  • Options
    synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Ok that’s nice we got a disagree button, and mods are commenting on it.

With all due respect that might be fun and all, but let’s get serious. There are some serious threads on here that don’t get the attention they deserve. See below

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/144203/does-anyone-even-do-aw-anymore#latest

I’m kinda getting concerned about where the game is headed when people are talking about bypassing one of the major game modes in it right now...
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★

Terra said:

So how do you plan on finding spam and abuse now?
    Primarily we will be doing so the way we always have been, through the diligence of our awesome moderator team who review the content on the forums. But if you ever see something that needs attention, you are welcome to send a private message to any online Moderator or Admin to have it reviewed.
  • Options
    synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    edited June 2019
    There’s another thread here as well... see suggestions and improvements

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/141395/ever-growing-concerns-and-desire-for-an-open-discussion#latest

This is all constructive feedback to try and move the game forward and bring some fun back to it. And stop the ever increasing numbers either scaling back their activity or leaving it entirely.

Relating this back to the topic at hand, while it’s nice to have a disagree button, it would be great to know that someone at Kabam is taking note of our concerns... or is that button just like the one the guy in the hatch presses every x seconds on that tv show Lost...

Kabam please take note. Cheers
  • Options
    TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    I suggested this among others I'm sure lol about a month ago! Great to see it implemented... let the dislikes flow! 🤣
This discussion has been closed.