**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why does Kabam not fix the issues that don't benefit us? Poll

_GRINDER__GRINDER_ Posts: 538 ★★★
Kabam , please don't close this thread. It's an opinion post and not against any tnc.

Seeing how quickly you have identified the issue where Cull was doing insane damage and was benefitting the player base, I was wondering when will you fix Corvus who takes Coldsnap damage and is completely bugged on physical resistance nodes.6.2 sinister issues, indistructible The Champion on 6.2.6 issue and many more have gone into the state "we're looking into it ". Why do they not get fixed sooner ? Any why does issues that benefit us get fixed in a day or 2 ?

Why does Kabam not fix the issues that don't benefit us? Poll 67 votes

Yes , they either don't fox or take forever to fix . Reason ?
85%
RektorDrZolaFuzzylumpsFamous_NeckbeardNick_Caine_32adqqedfyvrlerkdajerkNanoDroidFeeney234ColleenEmil_LimsonTerraMinkl3HENRIQUE_FORTEMityAntKingOfMcocLvernon15exc3lSavio444WrathfulRaven 57 votes
No,they fix is as soon as I raise a ticket even if it benefits me
14%
razielX_ScottLiss_Bliss_MysterioEtjamaJollyHawkSquishyjrThe_4THHedronUmbertoDelRioBrudixTree 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    They fix what they can. There is a priority list, however. Same list that any game team I can think of adheres to. If there's an issue that breaks the game or is exploitative, that becomes a top priority. They have to resolve it as fast as they can. This isn't something that's ideal, and most often involves the fastest resolution that creates the least amount of subsequent problems. They don't have a choice in those cases. Some issues take longer to resolve, some aren't resolved yet. Some aren't even issues, just people misunderstanding what's at play. One thing is for sure. No Dev wants any bugs. Let alone picks and chooses based on what hurts Players. That's just not a thing.
  • Options
    _GRINDER_ said:

They fix what they can. There is a priority list, however. Same list that any game team I can think of adheres to. If there's an issue that breaks the game or is exploitative, that becomes a top priority. They have to resolve it as fast as they can. This isn't something that's ideal, and most often involves the fastest resolution that creates the least amount of subsequent problems. They don't have a choice in those cases. Some issues take longer to resolve, some aren't resolved yet. Some aren't even issues, just people misunderstanding what's at play. One thing is for sure. No Dev wants any bugs. Let alone picks and chooses based on what hurts Players. That's just not a thing.

Why is your name not in bold and orange ?
    Would you accept what I said any more if it was, or would the conspiracy continue? Pretty sure they've said so themselves. Countless times.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,546 ★★★★★
    I don’t ascribe any ill-will to the team for the glacial pace at which bugs get addressed.

I have to assume the complexity of the game, the lines of code written on lines of code written on more lines of code (some of which may not have been optimally coded in the first place) and the fact that there are so many interactions now that take place very quickly...it just isn’t surprising that bugs languish as long as they do.

Additionally, it seems clear that the team doesn’t play as obsessively or as competitively as many other Summoners who frequent the forums—which would explain why they often don’t seem as aware of or beleaguered by the bugs that vex the community.

I imagine it’s a daunting, overwhelming task. Surely, it is their job, but I doubt anyone really thought this thing would still be going strong this deep into 2019 when it dropped in late 2014.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Kobster84 said:

People who don’t know anything about game development should never complain about some bugs being fixed and others being “ignored” if you have no clue what it takes to rewrite lines upon lines of codes for harder issues, or how pushed vs downloaded fixes work, then you should not sit here and split hairs.

There are things that are easy and simple to fix and then some that take compiling data and basically rewriting entire blocks of code. There are things that can be pushed on the backend, and things that require a download.

I’d rather a bug stay in the game and it be fixed and no other issues come up, than a fix be listed and it break 4 other things. You all see biased content being fixed faster because that’s what you want to see. But you fail to see what they actually do to make the game run.

I’d love to see even one of you sit at a desk for 10 hours looking at lines of code, running tests on each correction, thinking you fixed something then seeing it break again. I’d love to see you guys trying to fix something for days upon months and then reading on the forums that you think Kabam doesn’t care. I’d love to see you actually fix something game breaking only to see users complain you only did it because the players benefited from it.

What it comes down to is that you guys really only want bugs in the game that helps you. And when those bugs get fixed you all rant and QQ.

Get over it. And understand how things actually work when developing a game. It’s not as simple as the lot of you believe.

I get that but when bugs benefiting the player are fixed in hours and the bugs that benefit kabam aren’t even acknowledged it’s disheartening
    That's literally just the perception. People are convinced that's the case, and they point it out whenever it supports it. Confirmation Bias.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    There is no such thing as a player beneficially bug. This game is a competition, and my fellow summoners gaining an advantage I don't have is a negative to me, and vice versa.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

I'm not saying that Kabam intentionally discriminates between bugs that helps players vs bugs that hurt players. But just look at the track record of bugs that take weeks-months to fix or remain unacknowledged, vs bugs that are addressed in a matter of hours-days:

Hours/days:
    - PHC drop rate bug
    - Cull too much damage

Weeks/months:
    - Corvus and physical resistance interaction
    - Corvus taking coldsnap damage
    - Cull not refreshing thanos favours
    - Symb supreme bugs
    - Backdraft intercepts not working

You honestly cannot blame the community for developing their own sentiments given this track record. All I've done here is lay out the facts and the history of bug fixes.

Actually, we can blame them. The same conspiracy theory has floated around long before those issues have been present. As long as I've been around. If something isn't fixed, people say they're keeping it to make money. If something IS fixed, they say they don't care about the other issues. It won't die in this Thread either. Suspicious minds don't quiet themselves. So we go on with the same old comparison. What "benefits" versus. It's just plain not true, but you can't tell anyone that. They wouldn't believe it if you did. Some people are just convinced that's the case, and they're not going to change their minds. Suspicion breeds suspicion.
  • Options
    Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    IKON said:

There is no such thing as a player beneficially bug. This game is a competition, and my fellow summoners gaining an advantage I don't have is a negative to me, and vice versa.

What about backdraft intercepts not working? That is globally beneficial to all players if it works; globally hurtful to all players if it doesn't since it removes one tool against stun immune opponents.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

What about backdraft intercepts not working? That is globally beneficial to all players if it works; globally hurtful to all players if it doesn't since it removes one tool against stun immune opponents.

That bug might have been an intentional AI tweak. Current AI really goes out of their way to prevent backdraft/yo-yo intercepting:

https://youtu.be/qlz5YjKZBaY
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

IKON said:

That bug isn't beneficial to anyone, having it fixed is. Not the same thing as Cull doing way more damage than Intended.
  • Options
    IKON said:

Ultra8529 said:

IKON said:

That bug isn't beneficial to anyone, having it fixed is. Not the same thing as Cull doing way more damage than Intended.
    Having it fixed would be beneficial to everyone. Leaving it as it is hurts the players. What's your point?
  • Options

Ultra8529 said:

That bug might have been an intentional AI tweak. Current AI really goes out of their way to prevent backdraft/yo-yo intercepting:

https://youtu.be/qlz5YjKZBaY
    My sense too was that it was an intentional AI tweak. However, Kabam has expressly denied that they tweaked the AI. It therefore leaves as the only possibility that it is a bug. The thread in the bugs and known issues section has not been shut down despite it being several months now, which would be surprising if it was intended.
  • Options
    WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    They usually Fox 🦊 💩 up too. It’s a company that has a great game just too many iffy moments and choices.
  • Options

People who don’t know anything about game development should never complain about some bugs being fixed and others being “ignored” if you have no clue what it takes to rewrite lines upon lines of codes for harder issues, or how pushed vs downloaded fixes work, then you should not sit here and split hairs.

What it comes down to is that you guys really only want bugs in the game that helps you. And when those bugs get fixed you all rant and QQ.

Get over it. And understand how things actually work when developing a game. It’s not as simple as the lot of you believe.

Wow.. I’ve seen my fair share of dumb blonde posts over the years in this forum... this post is.. just ... plain ****.

I don’t understand how all things works and I never will. But I also understand
    a) it takes time to solve what matters;
    b) that perception matters and
    c) customer satisfaction is paramount.

It’s a recipe for disaster when you allow an issue lingers without proper and timely update or communication. Want one? Pure skills. 2 years and counting. No proposed resolution and no update (after fixing MD).

So don’t go about telling me that I need a PhD to make comments when I have been waiting over two years for a fix because I didn’t ask for yours.
    Yep even if it is so technically difficult to fix certain bugs (which I highly doubt any bug would take months to resolve), there is no reason we can't have proper communication and confirmation about its bugged nature. Something like armour break/physical resistance interaction has not even been acknowledged; same for corvus taking coldsnap. ANYONE playing the game knows this is a bug.

Failure to fix I can understand involves technical issues; but failure to communicate?
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Wow.. I’ve seen my fair share of dumb blonde posts over the years in this forum... this post is.. just ... plain ****.

It’s a recipe for disaster when you allow an issue lingers without proper and timely update or communication. Want one? Pure skills. 2 years and counting. No proposed resolution and no update (after fixing MD).

So don’t go about telling me that I need a PhD to make comments when I have been waiting over two years for a fix because I didn’t ask for yours.
    Then you missed the point of the post. The point was not to not complain, it was to not be so out of touch and just assume it’s kabam playing dirty.

However the “dumb blonde” retaliation just shows where your mindset is so I’ll speak in terms you can understand. *puts on girls are stupid and can’t play game or understand them hat* some things are an easy fix, like Tarzan hungry so Tarzan kill. Some things are a hard fix, like your apparent misogynistic attitude, that will take years to correct. But if you want to scream foul every time Kabam fixes an issue that “benefits the player” but takes forever if it’s helping them, well you can’t fix stupid.

PS I’m actually a brunette, so your dumb blonde “joke” shows that you attribute stupid females with blondes, and that is a whole other can of worms. However I hear talking to a therapist about your problems help. And good news, I happen to be friends with a few, but you’ll have to get past them being blonde, female, oh yeah and smart.

All that side, I will reiterate my point. Stop commenting/posting screaming foul every time they fix something that could be used unfairly by players, because that is all this Cull nonsense is. People upset because something broke and numbers got inflated, so people will try to use this to their advantage knowing full well those damage numbers were never meant to be that high. And then cry like a schoolgirl with a skinned knee when their new toy is returned to his former self.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

Yep even if it is so technically difficult to fix certain bugs (which I highly doubt any bug would take months to resolve), there is no reason we can't have proper communication and confirmation about its bugged nature. Something like armour break/physical resistance interaction has not even been acknowledged; same for corvus taking coldsnap. ANYONE playing the game knows this is a bug.

Failure to fix I can understand involves technical issues; but failure to communicate?

Communication can be better I’ll give you that.

But by your own admission; “don’t think any bug can take months to fix” you are saying “well I don’t understand what all goes on to fix something but that doesn’t matter it should be easy to fix bugs so their failure to do so confirms they pick and choose what bugs to fix especially if a bug benefits the players” and that’s the point I am trying to make. Not all bugs are equal, some really are a few keystrokes to fix, while others take teams of people to figure out what went wrong.
  • Options

Ultra8529 said:

Communication can be better I’ll give you that.

But by your own admission; “don’t think any bug can take months to fix” you are saying “well I don’t understand what all goes on to fix something but that doesn’t matter it should be easy to fix bugs so their failure to do so confirms they pick and choose what bugs to fix especially if a bug benefits the players” and that’s the point I am trying to make. Not all bugs are equal, some really are a few keystrokes to fix, while others take teams of people to figure out what went wrong.
    As I mentioned, I am not in a position to say either way whether it is reasonable or unreasonable that bugs have been unresolved for months.

But my main gripe is I don't see why these known bugs are not publicly acknowledged and migrated to the known issues list. Doing that would bring much consolation to the community.
This discussion has been closed.