**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Reigning Champion!!!!

Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Congratulations everyone,Avengers Endgame is now officially the highest grossing movie of all time,the record set by avatar has been broken and all it took,10 years and over 20 movies and a collective budget beyond 3 billion...But we did it! Avatar has finally been dethroned!!!

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★

lol I watched it on one of those Asian websites
    I’m actually surprised it took that much

Same here. Sometimes you need to suffer through the subtitles to view a movie. And it was inevitable to happen. With how Endgame was rereleased with extra footage and all.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

I fell asleep watching in the theater

Me too. One of the most expensive naps I have taken in a long time.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Wow....
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Amazing movie but the fact it had to be re released to beat it is disappointing. Avatar 2 is in the makings and will most likely beat endgame and re claim it’s throne.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Amazing movie but the fact it had to be re released to beat it is disappointing. Avatar 2 is in the makings and will most likely beat endgame and re claim it’s throne.

Well, Avatar was also re-released which earned sth around 33.2 million $, so...
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 592 ★★
    My personal opinion Avatar sucked! A over bearing government versus tree hugging hippies. No middle ground. after a material unobtanium <--that's freaking original.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Avatar was in cinemas for 8 months.. Endgame was for about 3-4...
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Who cares which movie makes more money? This contest movies have is honestly silly. WHO CARES? Did it make the most money of all time? Yes. Is it the best movie of all time? Not even close.

🐻
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    Bear3 said:

Who cares which movie makes more money? This contest movies have is honestly silly. WHO CARES? Did it make the most money of all time? Yes. Is it the best movie of all time? Not even close.

🐻

Uhhh.......

Disney executives care. that's the only reason they bought Marvel, and are still pumping out movies.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Who cares. Shareholders and higher ups at Marvel and Disney. This literally affects u in no ways.

Ahitlaw said:

Unless avatar 2 actually gets an original plot, I highly doubt that. Avatar wasn't as much of a good movie as it was a presentation of technical advancement in the movie industry.
    The main selling point were the special effects and the 3d technology. Besides that, anyone who watched pocahontas essentially already watched avatar lol.

But then again, the standards of modern movie-goers seem to be pretty low, so who knows?
    Lol I could say the same about marvel movies. This will get a bunch of disagrees as the forum is mostly fanboys and won’t look past anyone or anybody challenging marvel but whatever. Marvel movies are all pretty movies. It’s all cgi there’s nothing real about it. Each movie is another avatar. Each movie just presents the technical advancement with a subpar plot.
    Hero has exceptional abilities.
    Crazy bad guy wants something hero has (metaphorical or literal)
    Bad guy goes after good guy
    Good guy loses fight
    Good guy learns lesson (sometime)
    Good guy wins fight
    Each one basically has the same plot if u dumb it down enough just like u did. Your argument is void about avatar.
    Also avengers endgame isn’t anything special. It just introduced time travel which is a lazy cop out when you’ve written yourself in a creative hole because everyone has guessed all your good ideas. However you overlook all this stuff because I just want to enjoy movies. So don’t act like endgame and marvel is so great
    edited July 2019

Bear3 said:

🐻

Uhhh.......

Disney executives care. that's the only reason they bought Marvel, and are still pumping out movies.
    This is the silliest counter argument ever. My inquiry into who cares was clearly directed at general public who gets so caught up in which movie makes more money. So... uhhhh..... I guess I’ll get real specific for you. Who outside of the small number of people profiting from the movie cares about how much money it makes... or more to the point why care? Congrats on the worlds thinnest argument though.

🐻
    @UmbertoDelRio I totally agree bud, id whole heartedly agree neither avatar or end game are best movie of all time or even close. They’re simply hugely marketed consumer products as you put it 😉. I just don’t get why being top grossing movie or top 3, or whatever ranking matters to all these people who aren’t profiting one bit from its financial success.

🐻
    With that sad logic, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (fail by the way) is twice as good a movie as say Jurassic Park. SMH. 🤦🏻‍♂️

🐻
    With a sports team though it’s based upon often where your born or some type of attachment or nostalgic connection. How much a movie makes doesn’t seem to fit that bill. I’m not disputing there are people who care.. it’s all the buzz. It makes no sense for people to care though. Anyone who feels like a movie making more money makes the movie better, just really isn’t very intelligent. It’s sad to see how many that includes. I def find what you’re saying interesting and constructive though 😊.

🐻
  • tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    Movies are subjective, for one, its good for other bad, list of best movies ever...are also subjective.....
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    Wayntos said:

My personal opinion Avatar sucked! A over bearing government versus tree hugging hippies. No middle ground. after a material unobtanium <--that's freaking original.</p>

Unobtainium is actually a real material.
    It's just either
    1. Extremely unusual (in composition)
    2. Very costly
    3. Or impossible to make.
    This is why it's so profitable to sell it. It's so very rare
  • ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★
    Highest grossing movie of all time and yet we got the worst tie in event of all time with it at the same time in MCoC.