**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Shalzz said:

This is against USA law . These kinda actions makes a lot of kids to buy such subscriptions. Games buying deals should be fair . It shouldn’t be biased like this. These kabam actions should be flagged. Kids will start stealing parents credit cards for this . Kabam shouldn’t do this . You should stick with normal deals which is fair and square . It shows too much biased for the people who try to enjoy game without loosing money and people like YouTubers spend a lot of money without understanding the value of currency. Like all other games, deals has to be fair and square . This is 100% forcing the game addicts people to pay money or ripping off money from them .

This breaks no Laws.
  • VAviVVAviV Posts: 9
    $10 is not bad compared to what you get in the unit store...F2P players will be perfectly fine not getting it. Remember, end of the day it's a business!
    Remeli said:

Kabam has made a LOT of bad decision lately but thats the cake. I'm not gonna repeat what everyone else said so far but i agree with most of it.

What the people that agree with this decision fail to understand is that if this goes thru, it opens up the door to even more stuff like that. Once thats in the game, whats stopping Kabam from raising the price a bit and add a small number of 6* shards or t5b to the black market? Or maybe only people with the Sigil have access to slightly better offers? etc.

Kabam is like a kid. Once you allows them to do something, they'll ask for even more next time and there wont be any turning back.

If so, what difference? Some will buy it and get the few extras. Those that don't buy it will continue to play and progress the same way without it.
    Okay, that's dramatic over an Offer.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Ronin916 said:

IKON said:

MoeyTehr said:

Wow. Even more pay to win options. Congratulations on being so greedy, Kabam.

This isn't even close to pay to win, this is pay to get a few more benefits than free players do, same as always.
    This is the literal definition of pay to win. Some of these things do provide some form of competitive advantage, and you're paying for them.
    Pay to win? You can also win for free. Spending has been a part of the game as long as I can remember. As long as people can spend, they'll have access to what others don't. That's what they're paying for.
    If people are somehow implying that F2P Players won't be able to progress without spending, that will never happen. Ever. All spending does is save time and accelerate progress. There will always be a place for F2P Players in this game. They go to lengths to make sure of it.
    However, it's not a game where people who don't spend should have everything those that do have. I don't know where this illusion of closing in on the gap came from, but I have to be "that guy". People who don't spend will not catch up to people who spend regularly, and they definitely won't catch up to people who spend insane amounts like COW. That's just not going to happen. People who have money get more. That's true for the game, and life in general.
    What F2P Players CAN do is play for free, grow at their own pace, and still compete in the game. They're never going to be edged out in a way that makes playing obsolete. They just won't be head-to-head with people spending money. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the gap is real with or without this Offer, and what's included here doesn't make a difference for that either way.
    That in and of itself isn't the issue. Whales be whales and F2P plod along at their own place, if you want to be F2P and still play in the elite you have to put in the hours and strategise carefully like Brian Grant. I think the crux of this is that it's pretty poor value for what most people perceive are things that should have been implemented already as the game has evolved - like most other online games do - and that is why there is a bad taste.

If this had been preceded by a huge wall of text that said bug fixes of A-Z and catalyst capacity upgrade, and didn't have the energy recharge reduction I think this would have been greeted with a "meh, I'm F2P so it doesn't really affect me", or "I'll probably end up buying units/offers anyway this month, may as well get it."
  • MojoXMojoX Posts: 2
    This seems like an unpopular opinion but as a F2P player I’m ok with this. If 6* shards or T5B fragments were offered I would be more upset (and enticed!), but as it stands this seems like a good benefit to those who purchase it, while not really affecting those who don’t. Based off the feedback it seems like Kabam would do themselves a favor by giving universal buffs in energy and storage, and then still give more to Sigil subscribers on top of that.
    Mauled said:

Ronin916 said:

IKON said:

MoeyTehr said:

Wow. Even more pay to win options. Congratulations on being so greedy, Kabam.

This isn't even close to pay to win, this is pay to get a few more benefits than free players do, same as always.
    This is the literal definition of pay to win. Some of these things do provide some form of competitive advantage, and you're paying for them.
    Pay to win? You can also win for free. Spending has been a part of the game as long as I can remember. As long as people can spend, they'll have access to what others don't. That's what they're paying for.
    If people are somehow implying that F2P Players won't be able to progress without spending, that will never happen. Ever. All spending does is save time and accelerate progress. There will always be a place for F2P Players in this game. They go to lengths to make sure of it.
    However, it's not a game where people who don't spend should have everything those that do have. I don't know where this illusion of closing in on the gap came from, but I have to be "that guy". People who don't spend will not catch up to people who spend regularly, and they definitely won't catch up to people who spend insane amounts like COW. That's just not going to happen. People who have money get more. That's true for the game, and life in general.
    What F2P Players CAN do is play for free, grow at their own pace, and still compete in the game. They're never going to be edged out in a way that makes playing obsolete. They just won't be head-to-head with people spending money. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the gap is real with or without this Offer, and what's included here doesn't make a difference for that either way.
    That in and of itself isn't the issue. Whales be whales and F2P plod along at their own place, if you want to be F2P and still play in the elite you have to put in the hours and strategise carefully like Brian Grant. I think the crux of this is that it's pretty poor value for what most people perceive are things that should have been implemented already as the game has evolved - like most other online games do - and that is why there is a bad taste.

If this had been preceded by a huge wall of text that said bug fixes of A-Z and catalyst capacity upgrade, and didn't have the energy recharge reduction I think this would have been greeted with a "meh, I'm F2P so it doesn't really affect me", or "I'll probably end up buying units/offers anyway this month, may as well get it."
    Things that should have been implemented aren't the same as things that are wanted. I can understand the request for Inventory increases. Mind you, I'm not too keen on being so selective that Resources are sat on for years and years. However, I get where people are coming from on that. Why it's included in this Offer is unclear to me. Perhaps so that the Items aren't expiring that people are subscribing for.
    Gold and Energy aren't topics I really agree that are due for "quality of life". Gold is a Resource that's available in the game. Scores of people have it and manage it, and spend it within their means. The constant request for Gold is blind to spending habits. The issue comes up constantly, and people keep saying the system needs changed, but they don't look at the fact that they spend until they don't have any. It's a Bottleneck Resource. It's meant to limit you because higher Champs and higher Rarities take more. That's by design. You're supposed to take longer to Rank higher Champs. If everyone in the entire system had no Gold, I might see credence. Many people do. It's available.
    Energy is another topic that isn't really a necessity to increase. EQ takes a significant amount of Energy, and the Quest is available all month. I have yet to see one that couldn't be done within a month. The Energy cost is part of what's required to earn Resources, and we have all month to do it.
    So the only argument I see with that respect is Inventory. I don't necessarily agree that quality of life involves other aspects.

@GroundedWisdom f2p players already progress slower. Giving us all a gold quest and some extra catalyst inventory isn’t too hard. Once again, typical of you to defend Kabam

They're always going to progress slower. That was the whole point I was making.

Also cavs get 125k gold a week. This makes them progress even faster with more gold to rank up champs

They have more Champs to Rank.