New 5* Hero Crystals

A few questions:

1) Will the feature 5* crystal still cost 15,000 shards?

2) How much will the sub-feature 5* crystal cost?

3) Will the sub-feature crystal contain only the sub-features or will it include both all the sub-features and basic champs? Additionally are the odds of pulling a sub-feature increased proportionally to that of a feature 5* or how are those odds in comparison with a feature?
«1

Comments

  • Hey there!

    Looks like there's a little confusion here, so allow me to clarify! This is all still the Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal, and it will still be 15,000 Shards. The Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal just now also has a chance to award you one of those "sub-featured" Champions. There is not separate crystal for them.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    Hey there!

    Looks like there's a little confusion here, so allow me to clarify! This is all still the Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal, and it will still be 15,000 Shards. The Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal just now also has a chance to award you one of those "sub-featured" Champions. There is not separate crystal for them.

    Just re-read and realized that, thanks! Will you have the same odds to pull a sub-feature as you would a basic champ in the crystal or are those odds increased?
  • Just re-read and realized that, thanks! Will you have the same odds to pull a sub-feature as you would a basic champ in the crystal or are those odds increased?

    Not exactly. You're less likely to get the Sub-Featured Champions than you are to get the Featured Champion. It's essentially a bonus chance.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 11,023 Guardian
    Just re-read and realized that, thanks! Will you have the same odds to pull a sub-feature as you would a basic champ in the crystal or are those odds increased?

    Since KM is saying the odds of pulling the featured is the same, technically speaking the odds of pulling a basic have to drop to "make room" for the odds of pulling a sub-feature.

    A little logic suggests the featured crystal may have gotten significantly more valuable. If we assume the odds of pulling the featured were in the range most people were guessing - somewhere in the 15%-20% range, and we assume that the chance to get the subfeatured is likely to be comparable (maybe a little smaller, maybe a little larger) that suggests the odds of pulling a basic from the featured crystal may have dropped from four out of five to maybe as low as 1 in 2. The worst case scenario might be that the odds of pulling something other than a basic champ may have increased collectively from one in five to one in three or even one in two. At the low end, one in three of getting a featured or subfeatured makes that crystal's value seem to me to change the value balance of opening basics verses saving for the featured in an interesting way, because the subfeatured list looks to me to have a somewhat higher average value than the basic list.

    Definitely worth thinking about before my next 5* opening.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    edited May 2017
    Just re-read and realized that, thanks! Will you have the same odds to pull a sub-feature as you would a basic champ in the crystal or are those odds increased?

    Not exactly. You're less likely to get the Sub-Featured Champions than you are to get the Featured Champion. It's essentially a bonus chance.

    So, if I'm not misinterpreting, featured odds are still increased over pulling a random basic, basic odds remain the same, and sub-featured have the lowest odds to be pulled? If that's incorrect is it possible to get a break-down of how this will work / how odds will be in comparison to one another, for each category?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 11,023 Guardian
    So, if I'm not misinterpreting, featured odds are still increased over pulling a random basic, basic odds remain the same, and sub-featured have the lowest odds to be pulled? If that's incorrect is it possible to get a break-down of how this will work / how odds will be in comparison to one another, for each category?

    If I understand correctly, based on the original announcement and what KM is saying here, the chance for featured is unchanged ("You’ll still have the same chance to score the Featured Champion as you did before!" in the announcement), there is a smaller chance of getting the subfeatured, and then the rest is the basic.

    So let's say the odds of getting the featured were 20% originally. That means the odds of getting a basic were 80%. In the new featured crystals, the odds for featured would still be 20%, there would be this smaller chance of getting subfeatured, say 5%, and then there would be a smaller chance to get basic, now 75%.

    Within each category, I'm assuming the odds of drawing any particular champion are identical.

    These are made up numbers just for example purposes.
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    Ok....that's a lot of 5stars which are going to be added in coming months....So any new ways coming up to obtain t2a.?
  • VicayneVicayne Posts: 25
    Hey there!

    Looks like there's a little confusion here, so allow me to clarify! This is all still the Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal, and it will still be 15,000 Shards. The Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal just now also has a chance to award you one of those "sub-featured" Champions. There is not separate crystal for them.

    So I then assume that the basic crystal will stay 10,000 shards?

    I love this change Miike. We need more 5* champions. But at the same time, flooding the market without increasing the means to generate the number of shards acquired AND maintaining the price could only lead to a collection of champions with no funtional signature abilities.

    Will the basic crystal price change or will the team be addressing alliance and solo events (arena reward changes are a great implementation) to help the players generate a steadier stream of 5* shards?
  • Are the regular 5 star hero crystal costs decreasing? By adding champions to the more frequently it will become much harder to dupe characters and inevitably by putting more champs in there so quickly they lose some value. Currently by grinding quite a bit and being really active I can get one 4 star crystal a week. But with all those champs going into the 5 star crystal my 4 star crystals don't really matter as much now. Any chance you'll be reducing the cost of the basic 5 star crystals in the near or immediate future?
  • DarkclawDarkclaw Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    When will these changes the the 5* Crystal take place?

    NVM ... found it buried in the post.
  • I also am liking this newer format at a first glance. Posts seem easier to respond and react to which hopefully won't clog up posts with too many extra meaningless comments like this one. Haha
  • hero3hero3 Posts: 112
    hi kabam, some members have used or spent many resources to obtain the 'featured' 5* before and many will now be added as a normal 5*. is this fair?

    thanks if you read this.
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    edited May 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    So, if I'm not misinterpreting, featured odds are still increased over pulling a random basic, basic odds remain the same, and sub-featured have the lowest odds to be pulled? If that's incorrect is it possible to get a break-down of how this will work / how odds will be in comparison to one another, for each category?

    If I understand correctly, based on the original announcement and what KM is saying here, the chance for featured is unchanged ("You’ll still have the same chance to score the Featured Champion as you did before!" in the announcement), there is a smaller chance of getting the subfeatured, and then the rest is the basic.

    So let's say the odds of getting the featured were 20% originally. That means the odds of getting a basic were 80%. In the new featured crystals, the odds for featured would still be 20%, there would be this smaller chance of getting subfeatured, say 5%, and then there would be a smaller chance to get basic, now 75%.

    Within each category, I'm assuming the odds of drawing any particular champion are identical.

    These are made up numbers just for example purposes.

    That's along the lines of what I was thinking. However, the wording in my original comment was more so directed at individual champ odds, i.e. 20% chance for feature, 2% chance for basic SL, 2% chance for basic spidey, 1% chance for individual sub-feature, etc. Granted it doesn't matter how you break it down since all values are hypothetical, just wanted to clarify what I meant.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 11,023 Guardian
    That's along the lines of what I was thinking. However, the wording in my original comment was more so directed at individual champ odds, i.e. 20% chance for feature, 2% chance for basic SL, 2% chance for basic spidey, 1% chance for individual sub-feature, etc. Granted it doesn't matter how you break it down since all values are hypothetical, just wanted to clarify what I meant.

    Those individual odds are going to change over time as the pools change size. The original announcement, for example, stated that since six champions will move from the subfeatured pool to the generic pool every month but only two new ones will be added to the subfeatured pool after they are the featured in each month, the subfeatured pool will shrink rapidly over time until there are only about seven left and they slow down the process. So with each month, the odds of each individual basic being drawn will go down as there will be more of them, while the odds of drawing the remaining subfeatured champs will rise slightly as there will be less of them. It is entirely possible that at some point the individual odds of pulling a subfeature will be higher than the individual odds of pulling any particular basic, because even if the odds of pulling a basic in general are 80% or higher and the odds of pulling subfeatured might be 5% or less, there will be many times the number of basics or more after enough time has passed. It might take a year or more to get there, though.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    Can you guys just make a video of the new crystals being opened so we can just visually see what it will look like?
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Can you guys just make a video of the new crystals being opened so we can just visually see what it will look like?

    Lol how would a video help you understand this? If anything the confusion lies with the actual statistics of pulling a hero from the three different champion 'pools'. The basic, 10k shard 5* crystals will still look the same; and the featured, 15k shard crystals will still be for the one specific champ (like Nebula's crystal is right now).

    Miike, are there plans of decreasing the cost of the 5* crystals in the future? Maybe as we get closer to the day where the featured heroes are being released into the regular crystal for both the 4 and 5* versions of the champ? I only ask as currently this will only increase the gap between newer and veteran players, as newer players don't accumalte anywhere near as many 5* shards as some of the more veteran players.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 11,023 Guardian
    Mattylo wrote: »
    Miike, are there plans of decreasing the cost of the 5* crystals in the future? Maybe as we get closer to the day where the featured heroes are being released into the regular crystal for both the 4 and 5* versions of the champ? I only ask as currently this will only increase the gap between newer and veteran players, as newer players don't accumalte anywhere near as many 5* shards as some of the more veteran players.

    How would this help newer players? Wouldn't the veterans just be able to buy more 5* champs at the lower costs?

  • How would this help newer players? Wouldn't the veterans just be able to buy more 5* champs at the lower costs?

    It would help both people groups. Newer player can actually get 5* champs and vets can dupe the basic champs faster or at least have a better chance
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 11,023 Guardian
    It would help both people groups. Newer player can actually get 5* champs and vets can dupe the basic champs faster or at least have a better chance

    Right, but you said as it stands the current costs widen the gap between newer and veteran players. My question is how does reducing the costs improve that situation?
  • Ranger1914Ranger1914 Posts: 22
    @Kabam Miike Sense by adding more five stars to the basic crystals you guys are making it much harder to dupe A five star many of which are practically worthless without being duped are you going to make them any more obtainable? I have been playing for around six months manage to get All of 2 5 stars Iron Man and rhino both of which are not worth using resources to upgrade unduped as my duped four-stars are far more valuable
  • KavorkianKavorkian Posts: 9
    @Kabam Miike bring back those rank down tickets. Glad we have a shot at some of the features that have passed. Good move
  • Just re-read and realized that, thanks! Will you have the same odds to pull a sub-feature as you would a basic champ in the crystal or are those odds increased?

    Not exactly. You're less likely to get the Sub-Featured Champions than you are to get the Featured Champion. It's essentially a bonus chance.

    Hi Mike, think u not really answering his question.

    He's asking what are the odds of pulling a sub-feature as compared to a basic champ in a featured crystal.

    Would really like to know the answer here.
  • dorkpooldorkpool Posts: 5
    I don't understand the whining from the top tier folks. First, is it unfair for those that grind for a new 4* or buy the Featured 150 units crystals and land the new champ only to have it show up in PHC 2 months later? No? Then this is not unfair to you either. And this really actually sucks for the lower tier players. The non-top alliance folks​, you know most people, who have to wait months for the next 5* crystal. It's takes forever just to dupe with the current odds. So now the chance to dupe is practically zero, and will only get worse every month. This whole rewards system, not just this 5* thing, does nothing but help the rich get richer. There's no chance a person joining today will ever be able to build the roster to get to tier Alliance or 100% LOL. Especially since you basically needed a duped 5* Star Lord to do it, you have zero chance of ever getting him now with this new system.
  • KeonexKeonex Posts: 80
    This new change to the 5 star crystal is great.

    BUT it will make it harder for those of us without SL to obtain him as the pool is gonna be drastically changed.

    Could it be possible to have feature crystals of those basic champs that we crave for the most.

    Its only fair to give the remaining players a fair chance at obtaining the labyrinth master SL. It puts everyone that never go it at a HUGE disadvantage
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    To answer DNA's question; I meant that the current proposal would increase the gap between newer players and veteran players, as arena events now include 5* champs which award much higher points; individual events give more points for ranking up 5* champs; and alliance events such as summoner advancement is obviously dominated by the higher tiered alliances. The 'catch-up' time for newer players is just much more difficult now that 5* champions will become more prevalent. So those individuals , such as the player who stated he's only been able to open 2 5* champs in 6 months, will have a harder time competing with the veteran players who have a much bigger 5* line up and who will be able to open atleast a 5* every month. Again, this is a common issue where individuals with a big 'head start' will only continue to get a bigger lead.

    Of course; I think a better solution would just be to implement more ways of getting 5* shards in general. Reducing the 5* shards is not the solution to the issue is my point; but I do think it is a step in the right direction.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I think there's a false premise in that Kabam wants new players to quickly progress and reach the highest level. That's never been the method this game followed, I just recently reached the top levels after nearly 1.5 years of playing. To assume Kabam wants people to "conquer" the game quickly without spending is not reasonable in my opinion.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Disappointing to see the crystals will cost the same. Here's to hoping shards are more available.
  • VicayneVicayne Posts: 25
    Riegel wrote: »
    Disappointing to see the crystals will cost the same. Here's to hoping shards are more available.

    Agreed. And hoping we'll get more answers soon.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    I think there's a false premise in that Kabam wants new players to quickly progress and reach the highest level. That's never been the method this game followed, I just recently reached the top levels after nearly 1.5 years of playing. To assume Kabam wants people to "conquer" the game quickly without spending is not reasonable in my opinion.

    You misunderstand my comment. Again, I am in no way advocating for there to be an advantage to any player, no matter how long they have been playing for. I'm actually stating the opposite. Not once did I say that newer players should be allowed to move in fast forward while those of us who have been playing for over 2 years had to endure through the roller coaster ride that is MCoC.

    I believe that every player should be able to progress at a pace that doesn't make them feel as if they hit a plateu, and will never be able to improve their accounts (as I've experience first-handed when AQ reached a point that many, many alliances had no chance at winning T4CC). I remember that feeling of being left in limbo with no response from Kabam about what was to be done, if anything at all. It was quite frustrating and I lost a lot of friends who walked away from the game.

    Therefore, I again state that I just think that a combination of lowering the 5* cost from 10k shards, PLUS other implementations to the game (such as more ways of winning 5* shards across the board) will help all parties.
  • Tem como eu mandar um eroi para um amigo ..Como faz o
Sign In or Register to comment.