**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    DNA3000 stated:
    Actually, what I wonder is how people can point to the company that makes one of the more successful mobile games out there, that attracts thousands of people to play it and spend in it every day, that made the most successful Marvel licensed property in the space and managed to keep it going for almost five years and running, and say they are out of touch with their customers.

You know I would probably imagine that the Top execs at defunct companies like Toys R US, Circuit City, & quite a few others businesses expressed similar sentiments...Although I would imagine that an organization that implemented a forum to allow their customers to communicate their thoughts & opinions would be wise to consider both the pros & cons of its customers.
    Demonfryze states: How did you come to the conclusion it failed miserably? It hasn't even been released yet. Judging something off an incredibly, incredibly small percentage in a thread will always mislead you. This thread is a mixed bag of opinions.

You can't make a conclusion until its been released. To them as a company, this is enticing. Time will tell if it worked or not.

Well that was quite a leap across the pond...let me assist w/clearing the murkiness of this water... I am actually discussing the announcement of the tentatively scheduled offer & based on the comments even those who attempt to be pro Sigil the offer is not being wholeheartedly embraced by the community.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Xdonre said:

Demonfryze states: How did you come to the conclusion it failed miserably? It hasn't even been released yet. Judging something off an incredibly, incredibly small percentage in a thread will always mislead you. This thread is a mixed bag of opinions.

You can't make a conclusion until its been released. To them as a company, this is enticing. Time will tell if it worked or not.

Well that was quite a leap across the pond...let me assist w/clearing the murkiness of this water... I am actually discussing the announcement of the tentatively scheduled offer & based on the comments even those who attempt to be pro Sigil the offer is not being wholeheartedly embraced by the community.

Again, the people commenting they don't like it is probably .001% of the player base. You cant draw any conusions from this thread.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

ESF said:

If a Kabam person reads these two questions -- I am not tagging anyone but would certainly be appreciative of any kind of response, and I understand that it may not yield a definitive answer, but I would like to know if it's even possible:

If the Sigil program does well, could it be expanded to where we might see different skins of existing characters or exclusive characters as part of a subscription package?

Because that's what I want. I don't know if it's possible, or if it's even something that would be considered.

But if it's not even something that could ever happen, it would be nice to know. Because I am willing to roll the dice and support a subscription service if it is possible in the future because I believe in putting my money where my mouth is, but I am being honest by saying that the Sigil package as currently structured is less interesting to me if it is likely not ever to expand.

In my judgment, this is less a question of money and more a question of concept. The game's concept is playing the Marvel characters, and that tends to lend itself less to customization. Different games treat this in different ways, and from what I've seen Marvel itself has been less interested in the idea of players making "their own versions" of the Marvel characters and more into making the characters themselves "iconic." If I'm remembering correctly, this resistance is something that goes all the way back to Marvel Universe Online, aka the MMO that was never released.

I'm not saying no Marvel game has customization, or that Marvel would never let customization happen here of any kind. Just that Marvel tends to be finicky with their IP, and I don't think money is the thing that would drive them in this area.

When Kabam makes a new champion, whether based on existing Marvel characters or inventing all new ones, they work with Marvel, and at the end of the day those champions become actual Marvel characters. Marvel signs off on every design. Letting players customize the champions is kind of sort of letting players "make" their own versions of the characters without Marvel approval. My impression is that Marvel is not comfortable with that idea in general. And making Marvel-approved skins for the champions would be time consuming, time you couldn't spend on designing the look of new champions.

But of course if I've learned anything from two decades of MMOs, its never say never.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond; appreciate it
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I don’t understand the 20% XP boost.

Majority of the buyers are gonna be level 60, they should swap it to gold or bc. Just seems such a stupid inclusion.
  • BlackJ4zzBlackJ4zz Posts: 244 ★★
    To all you F2P players out their https://youtu.be/nqceihRGKPQ
    edited August 2019
    Deleted comment on my own
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Xdonre said:

and makes you wonder why would a company whose livelihood is solely dependent on its customers be so out of touch w/ its customer base...the saga continues.

Actually, what I wonder is how people can point to the company that makes one of the more successful mobile games out there, that attracts thousands of people to play it and spend in it every day, that made the most successful Marvel licensed property in the space and managed to keep it going for almost five years and running, and say they are out of touch with their customers.

Every day hundreds of thousands of people play the game, thousands of people spend in the game, and dozens of people complain about the game on the internet. Who's supposed to be out of touch with the majority again?
    It's not the game that is successful, it's the franchise. If this game had Mad Joe, Insane Bill and Crazy Frank instead of Wolverine, Cap America and Hulk it would have been out for business a long time ago. Would you put up with these bugs and such if it wasn't for the Marvel characters?
    Marvel is what drew us to the game, but we play it because we love it. I'm sure some pucker up to hear that, but people stick with something that long because they love it. While most of us are Marvel Fans, the Characters themselves aren't the entire game. They're just in it. If we weren't invested into the game itself, we wouldn't be here. We can find Marvel in many other places. As for bugs, it's Online Gaming. That comes with the territory.
    ESF said:

Deleted comment on my own

LOL I'm not sure who Disagreed, but I was annoyed, and posting while annoyed is always a bad idea
    Demonzfyre stated: Again, the people commenting they don't like it is probably .001% of the player base. You cant draw any conusions from this thread.

Your conclusion could possibly be true. However should consider all feedback from customers that is using this forum that is actually endorsed by them to obtain that valuable feedback. And in business all feedback whether negative or positive is valuable... Regarding my personal spending...I have monthly entertainment budget that is allotted for MCOC. Although lately the offers have either not appealed to me or due to my progression and the progression of the game I can not justify spending a certain amount of money on items that IMO have been drastically devalued due to the games progression...which is my major gripe regarding the announced Sigil ... if the "pro-sigil" summoners feel that overall the Sigil does not offer a large amount of incentives that the "anti-sigil" summoners should be concerned about... Why should I endorse it...In conclusion from "my perspective" I can't comprehend why Kabam is not trying to release a monthly service that the majority of the community would feel it is worth investing their moneys...Just my thoughts.
    Xdonre said:

Demonzfyre stated: Again, the people commenting they don't like it is probably .001% of the player base. You cant draw any conusions from this thread.

Your conclusion could possibly be true. However should consider all feedback from customers that is using this forum that is actually endorsed by them to obtain that valuable feedback. And in business all feedback whether negative or positive is valuable... Regarding my personal spending...I have monthly entertainment budget that is allotted for MCOC. Although lately the offers have either not appealed to me or due to my progression and the progression of the game I can not justify spending a certain amount of money on items that IMO have been drastically devalued due to the games progression...which is my major gripe regarding the announced Sigil ... if the "pro-sigil" summoners feel that overall the Sigil does not offer a large amount of incentives that the "anti-sigil" summoners should be concerned about... Why should I endorse it...In conclusion from "my perspective" I can't comprehend why Kabam is not trying to release a monthly service that the majority of the community would feel it is worth investing their moneys...Just my thoughts.

Because the community is greedy and most don't understand a business model. Everything should be handed to them for free.
  • CoachiditeCoachidite Posts: 30
    I haven't read most of this discussion, and I'll admit that firstly. I'd have to imagine that it isn't too pretty, though.

I digress. Honestly, I don't mind the Sigil if it stays at the current price. Whatever. I'm not adverse to paying that amount for those advantages. What I want to do here is actually put a suggestion out there - somehow, someway, could the folks at Kabam use this to make the Solo Crystals useful in some capacity?? I'd love to see a trade-in at the ISO Black Market for some hero crystal shards or even catalyst fragments. Just a thought. I'll step back out of the discussion now.
    Demonzfyre states: Because the community is greedy and most don't understand a business model. Everything should be handed to them for free.

Well I am not going to stereotype the entire community based on my personal opinions...however in the end I just don't believe this monthly service will be great asset for my account :-( but at the very least during its initial release the Sigil will be optional & we get a free 7 day trail ;-)
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Xdonre said:

to put simply, what you are implying seems like things that would give a competitive advantage. These things do not.
  • bdsmith269bdsmith269 Posts: 3
    Webby72 said:

For anyone who feels that the outrage response is unnecessary, please do consider that this is essentially barring f2p players from competing at high levels by offering more items, energy, cheaper items etc. To paying players. I’m not going to purchase this out of principle not because I don’t spend on this game, because I do spend. Just consider that this is highly unfair to f2p players. Bonus energy, or cheaper items alone would be more palatable imo

I spend on this game. Now that's out of the way, how would kabam make money if no one payed money? The answer is annoying advertising every 10 seconds. It is not free to create so I understand that money needs to be generated. I think the reason for the outrage is that kabam has been charging money and a lot of money for upgrade materials and crystals that often leads to you feeling sick for spending the money. I think this is a great compromise to generate money. It creates a better playing experience for a monthly fee. If you don't pay then just be happy that others do to help keep the game alive.
  • DrewmDrewm Posts: 2
    I don't feel like looking through 20 pages of bashing. If I am uncollected can all do all gold quest uncollected and below or just uncollected? @Kabam Miike
    Drewm said:

I don't feel like looking through 20 pages of bashing. If I am uncollected can all do all gold quest uncollected and below or just uncollected? @Kabam Miike

Its just an amount based on progression. You'll only get the uncollected amount.

Webby72 said:

For anyone who feels that the outrage response is unnecessary, please do consider that this is essentially barring f2p players from competing at high levels by offering more items, energy, cheaper items etc. To paying players. I’m not going to purchase this out of principle not because I don’t spend on this game, because I do spend. Just consider that this is highly unfair to f2p players. Bonus energy, or cheaper items alone would be more palatable imo

I spend on this game. Now that's out of the way, how would kabam make money if no one payed money? The answer is annoying advertising every 10 seconds. It is not free to create so I understand that money needs to be generated. I think the reason for the outrage is that kabam has been charging money and a lot of money for upgrade materials and crystals that often leads to you feeling sick for spending the money. I think this is a great compromise to generate money. It creates a better playing experience for a monthly fee. If you don't pay then just be happy that others do to help keep the game alive.
    Upgrade materials and crystals can be earned for free. Units can be earned for free. You don't have to spend a dime if you don't want to.
    Lormif stated: to put simply, what you are implying seems like things that would give a competitive advantage. These things do not.

From my observation there is really only one competitive component in MCOC & that is AW all the other components primarily rely on the summoner playing against the AI. Therefore I would rather pay a monthly service for more enticing resources & rewards than worry about the competitive advantages these rewards may or may not have on AW... just my thoughts.
  • Willa08Willa08 Posts: 43
    Going lose a few players with this in the future. What am i going to do with an XP boost on lvl60? But overall this is still a choice you have to make. Me personally am happy with the rate of my rewards and progression. No need for me to buy this. If you need gold play arena, if you need cats play strong maps of AQ.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★

Webby72 said:

I’ll be honest, this was an overreaction on my part here, before I fully thought it through. In my opinion however, this does clearly put a mark on summoners as to whether they buy the sigil or not (possibly even becoming a necessity to join certain alliances) and offers a small but noticeable increase in rewards. This increase would be equivalent to an extra 5*/5* featured a month and more gold, energy, items etc. As much as it’s not game-breaking, this will add up, and create a rift between f2p and p2w players overtime. This would be even more noticeable if they do indeed make the sigil more lucrative, or add different levels etc. I hope that clears up the point I made.

As for spending to keep the game alive, I am in agreement with you that it must happen. That being said, the odd deal for a high cost that many pay for would draw in lots of purchases, without needing to give large boosts in many ways. It has always been that there are money based deals which boost your game, and it always should be that way.

I just feel that this sigil and subscriptions that offer anything major that reliably show up month after month are the wrong direction for the future of this game.
  • El_FarsieEl_Farsie Posts: 2
    The benefits are pretty weak tbh. Only people in desperation would buy this. There should be much more units, rank up items & 5* shards for me to even consider buying.