Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

1293032343539

Comments

  • Markjv81 said:

    So i just heard theres a free trial month of the sigil and i didn't know it was free....i hit the renew thing for $10 and i just wasted $10 for something that was already free.

    i want my money back or atleast give me compensate of 2 months +
    cause if i would of known the sigil was free for first month i wouldn't of bought it.

    You heard wrong, it’s a weeks trial. “I can’t read, compensate me!” Lol
    In fairness, I don't recall seeing anything in the game that told the players there was a free trial, and I looked for it. The pop up seemed to imply that if you wanted the benefits of the program you'd have to buy it, even though the button said "renew." It seemed odd to me that Kabam wouldn't want to hype the free trial of the Sigil within the game itself right at the start. In any case I can understand some confusion here on the part of some players.

    I am guessing that the pop up panel was designed to account for the fact that a week from now players that start playing will see the same panel that we currently see but won't be getting the free week so the panel can't advertise the free week "baked in" and they didn't want to make two different panels.
  • LainuaLainua Posts: 736 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    Lainua said:

    127k gold a day for Cavalier. Insane.

    Although the golden circle event is in the "daily quest" event section it can only be run once a week. You should see a timer on it showing something like five days and change to refresh it.

    Still not bad for just one fight, but it isn't millions of gold a month.
    Oh I thought it is daily lol. My happiness was cut by a half.
  • cool_parth98cool_parth98 Posts: 59
    Regarding the subscription about Summoner Sigil, I love the benefits and how amazing they are. However, I would have hope that we could use our units to pay for subscription instead of using real money.
  • cool_parth98cool_parth98 Posts: 59
    Paying 300 units or 500 units for the summoner sigil is better than paying $10 a month.
  • cool_parth98cool_parth98 Posts: 59
    This summoner sigil should be fair to all players who are free to play and pay to play. It's not fair to those people who grind hard for arenas and are completely free to play. Speaking from experience her.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    The sigil gives free units. It doesnt make sense to pay units to get free units. Also the purpose is to make kabam money. Charging units wouldnt help pay their bills.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 510 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    Markjv81 said:

    So i just heard theres a free trial month of the sigil and i didn't know it was free....i hit the renew thing for $10 and i just wasted $10 for something that was already free.

    i want my money back or atleast give me compensate of 2 months +
    cause if i would of known the sigil was free for first month i wouldn't of bought it.

    You heard wrong, it’s a weeks trial. “I can’t read, compensate me!” Lol
    In fairness, I don't recall seeing anything in the game that told the players there was a free trial, and I looked for it. The pop up seemed to imply that if you wanted the benefits of the program you'd have to buy it, even though the button said "renew." It seemed odd to me that Kabam wouldn't want to hype the free trial of the Sigil within the game itself right at the start. In any case I can understand some confusion here on the part of some players.

    I am guessing that the pop up panel was designed to account for the fact that a week from now players that start playing will see the same panel that we currently see but won't be getting the free week so the panel can't advertise the free week "baked in" and they didn't want to make two different panels.
    The fact that you got it without paying and it has a 7 day countdown clock on it should have been enough info.
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 55
    What will happen when the increase inventory resets to original? The catalyst will go back to stash or it will be like expired?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,806 ★★★★★
    rdxevil said:

    What will happen when the increase inventory resets to original? The catalyst will go back to stash or it will be like expired?

    They'll stay in your Inventory.
  • SloopJohnBSloopJohnB Posts: 7
    @Kabam Miike I had a T5 Basic Catalyst expiring in 9 days before it was added to my new T5 capacity stash. When the Sigil trial ends will this renew the expiration to 30 days to use the catalyst or will it expire 9 days after the trial ends?

    In other words......Once the Sigil trial ends, will items that were expiring in overflow, that were moved to our stash based on the new Sigil stash capacity, be moved back to overflow with the same expiration before the trial or get renewed to the full expiration period (14 or 30 days)?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,068 ★★★★

    @Kabam Miike I had a T5 Basic Catalyst expiring in 9 days before it was added to my new T5 capacity stash. When the Sigil trial ends will this renew the expiration to 30 days to use the catalyst or will it expire 9 days after the trial ends?

    In other words......Once the Sigil trial ends, will items that were expiring in overflow, that were moved to our stash based on the new Sigil stash capacity, be moved back to overflow with the same expiration before the trial or get renewed to the full expiration period (14 or 30 days)?

    It will stay in your inventory. Your capacity will basically show 7/6.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,323 ★★★★★

    This summoner sigil should be fair to all players who are free to play and pay to play. It's not fair to those people who grind hard for arenas and are completely free to play. Speaking from experience her.

    Of course it is fair for FTP players who grind. That's kind of why they grind. So they can get what they need without spending lmao. People spending on the game keeps the game going for FTP players. The fact that so many don't get this is blowing my mind. There is no reason why this should be a 32 page thread lol.
  • SloopJohnBSloopJohnB Posts: 7

    @Kabam Miike I had a T5 Basic Catalyst expiring in 9 days before it was added to my new T5 capacity stash. When the Sigil trial ends will this renew the expiration to 30 days to use the catalyst or will it expire 9 days after the trial ends?

    In other words......Once the Sigil trial ends, will items that were expiring in overflow, that were moved to our stash based on the new Sigil stash capacity, be moved back to overflow with the same expiration before the trial or get renewed to the full expiration period (14 or 30 days)?

    It will stay in your inventory. Your capacity will basically show 7/6.
    Great, thank you. Where was this clarified? I couldn’t find it anywhere.

  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 376 ★★
    I like the free rewards don’t get me wrong

    But I claimed stuff from my overflow not realizing it’d put me over the limit when the free **** expires

    So can the mods answer the question will we lose stuff we EARNED if we don’t purchase it once week is done
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Piviot said:

    I like the free rewards don’t get me wrong

    But I claimed stuff from my overflow not realizing it’d put me over the limit when the free **** expires

    So can the mods answer the question will we lose stuff we EARNED if we don’t purchase it once week is done

    Well, it will go into overflow again but at least the timer will be reset. I had a T4CC in overflow that I claimed, so when it goes into overflow it will be 30 days again.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 3,068 ★★★★

    @Kabam Miike I had a T5 Basic Catalyst expiring in 9 days before it was added to my new T5 capacity stash. When the Sigil trial ends will this renew the expiration to 30 days to use the catalyst or will it expire 9 days after the trial ends?

    In other words......Once the Sigil trial ends, will items that were expiring in overflow, that were moved to our stash based on the new Sigil stash capacity, be moved back to overflow with the same expiration before the trial or get renewed to the full expiration period (14 or 30 days)?

    It will stay in your inventory. Your capacity will basically show 7/6.
    Great, thank you. Where was this clarified? I couldn’t find it anywhere.

    Last paragraph of the announcement and multiple posts from Kabam since.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,323 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 said:

    Piviot said:

    I like the free rewards don’t get me wrong

    But I claimed stuff from my overflow not realizing it’d put me over the limit when the free **** expires

    So can the mods answer the question will we lose stuff we EARNED if we don’t purchase it once week is done

    Well, it will go into overflow again but at least the timer will be reset. I had a T4CC in overflow that I claimed, so when it goes into overflow it will be 30 days again.
    I believe @Kabam Miike said that you keep the extra items in your inventory even after you drop the Sigil. Once you use them your capacity is back to the smaller version. So it's better than refreshing the timer on expiration. Everyone should claim everything they can while they have the free trial for sure.
  • DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 101
    I have a problem with the increased inventory capacity. I had 12 T4b in overflow with varying expiry dates. What I would usually do is use a few that were expiring soon to rank up a low 5* if I didn't have a R4/R5 option and keep my overflow controlled. Now when the sigil runs out next week and I use a couple of the T4b in my inventory they won't be replaced by a couple from my overflow. I have to use up all 9, plus the 3 in overflow, within 37 days or I will lose them.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

    I have a problem with the increased inventory capacity. I had 12 T4b in overflow with varying expiry dates. What I would usually do is use a few that were expiring soon to rank up a low 5* if I didn't have a R4/R5 option and keep my overflow controlled. Now when the sigil runs out next week and I use a couple of the T4b in my inventory they won't be replaced by a couple from my overflow. I have to use up all 9, plus the 3 in overflow, within 37 days or I will lose them.

    So you’ll just need to use those in the stash. Not sure you why you’re trying to say that extra slots that don’t expire when the sigil expires is a bad thing.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 361 ★★
    edited August 2019
    The only thing I'm concerned about is the "price subject to change." For $9.99, I'm all in, because it's a great value and doesn't break the bank. But the moment the price goes up without any increase in benefits then "it's a no for me, dawg."
  • ObicrixObicrix Posts: 12
    So far it seems like a decent deal if you are looking to break out of the low to middle tier of players and get ready to tackle harder content, which I am. I may stick with it a month or two and then reevaluate.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 4,975 ★★★★★

    The only thing I'm concerned about is the "price subject to change." For $9.99, I'm all in, because it's a great value and doesn't break the bank. But the moment the price goes up without any increase in benefits then "it's a no for me, dawg."

    They stated they have no plans to change it and that is just legal talking.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 4,975 ★★★★★

    I have a problem with the increased inventory capacity. I had 12 T4b in overflow with varying expiry dates. What I would usually do is use a few that were expiring soon to rank up a low 5* if I didn't have a R4/R5 option and keep my overflow controlled. Now when the sigil runs out next week and I use a couple of the T4b in my inventory they won't be replaced by a couple from my overflow. I have to use up all 9, plus the 3 in overflow, within 37 days or I will lose them.

    How is this a problem? You would be at the same place in 37 days now as you would be if you didnt have the sigil at all.
  • NøxNøx Posts: 14
    Overall I think this sounds like a fair way for Kabam to add revenue without creating an imbalance in the game. However, the skeptic in me is concerned they’ll now add to energy requirements to complete monthly event quests thus causing players without the Sigil to have to buy energy refills to keep up and complete the same amount of events they normally would.
Sign In or Register to comment.