**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

"Advance" a 5* Champ

LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
I wrote this in the main 6* thread, but I'd like some thoughts on this before it gets buried on comments:

Why not instead of just adding 6* champs, give us the option also to "advance" a champ from 5* after we max him out? This would alleviate a lot of the issues that people are having with their champs being knocked down a notch and could also be added for 4* to 5* (or not, but the resource bottleneck will still limit the champs we can "advance" and then rank).

For example, I get the cats needed to finally max my 5* Voodoo to 5* 5/65. Once this is done, I have the option to "advance" this champ to 6* 1/1. Then I can proceed to rank him up again as far as I can as a 6*. The trade-off would be that I would obviously lose prestige and utility by moving him from 5/65 to 1/1 again, but I then have a 6* Voodoo with a (potentially) much higher ceiling.

Thoughts?

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Ah no, you choose to open feature crystals be happy with the result!
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I like the idea but the fact that this announcement was made officially than I would say it will never happen. They are too committed.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I like the idea but the fact that this announcement was made officially than I would say it will never happen. They are too committed.

Not saying to eliminate 6* as they are already set on doing, but possibly add this option when 6* become playable in 2018.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Ah no, you choose to open feature crystals be happy with the result!

Lol, this is the happiest I've ever seen you in forum. Glad you're having a nice day :D
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Well people celebrating about feature pulls and now feeling depressed does not concern me at all. Everyone is free to make the choices they do!
  • I wrote this in the main 6* thread, but I'd like some thoughts on this before it gets buried on comments:

Why not instead of just adding 6* champs, give us the option also to "advance" a champ from 5* after we max him out? This would alleviate a lot of the issues that people are having with their champs being knocked down a notch and could also be added for 4* to 5* (or not, but the resource bottleneck will still limit the champs we can "advance" and then rank).

For example, I get the cats needed to finally max my 5* Voodoo to 5* 5/65. Once this is done, I have the option to "advance" this champ to 6* 1/1. Then I can proceed to rank him up again as far as I can as a 6*. The trade-off would be that I would obviously lose prestige and utility by moving him from 5/65 to 1/1 again, but I then have a 6* Voodoo with a (potentially) much higher ceiling.

Thoughts?

Hey LocoMotives, we appreciate the feedback and ideas but would like to keep the discussion about 6-Star Champs centralized in one place. To that end, I'll be closing this thread, but everyone can feel free to share their thoughts in the main 6-Star Champion discussion, which can be found here:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16207/6-stars-discussion-thread/p1

This discussion has been closed.