**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Invitation to the August Event Quest: X-Machina

2»

Comments

• Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    SparkAlot said:

Also - the LAST thing we need is an EASIER uncollected difficulty. That's a slap in the face to all players done with act 6.

No, the LAST thing we need is to have people done with Act 6 doing uncollected difficulty. They should have "End game" difficulty". Why punish everyone who doesn't have the champs to even get into Act 6 with a much harder uncollected event?
    Tend to agree with this, the time is right for a cavalier difficulty rather then making life harder for anyone who isn’t cav or has just become UC. Can’t make content progressively harder just because people with well advanced rosters feel it doesn’t present a challenge to them anymore. UC is meant to be UC difficulty, the problem is the game at the top end has progressed far beyond that point.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Still haven’t upped uncollected rewards how long does it take to find a way to make it balanced seriously

Nobody will agree with this i'm sure, but the rewards themselves compared to the difficulty of uncollected are actually too high, not too low. Hopefully there's a higher difficulty with higher rewards soon.
    I 100% agree but they’ve been saying they’ve been looking at the rewards for months now I’m wondering if their eyes have started to strain
    Actually they clarified that it wasn't so simple to revise the UC Rewards just a few months ago when the others were updated. At that time, they hadn't even looked at the possibility of a Cavalier Difficulty. Now it's a thought. The other Rewards had been in existence much longer in comparison. I wouldn't consider UC outdated.
    UC is outdated if you look at it in terms that it’s currently the highest difficulty obtainable for EQ. I know nothing in there greatly enhances my progression each month, still takes 4 months to acquire a 6* crystal which was fine a year ago but the games progressed beyond that. T2A also pretty underwhelming and 3/4 of 5* doesn’t do much either, times right to add a further difficulty as the only people complaining about a rewards buff are ones who’s needs are more geared towards variant 1, 6.2 and further endgame content.
    Times right for a cav difficulty
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Can we have the Cavalier difficulty at pre-nerf 6.2.3/4 levels? At least it’ll last for awhile. 😂
  • chrissbjordannchrissbjordann Posts: 120
    Should have never updated the other difficulties if you didn’t even have plans to update uncollected or add caviler difficulty. Just “looking into it” is not enough. Event quests are what I look forward to the most each month. Fighting the new champs, learning how to interact with them, and just the overall challenge is really fun. Of course once you become uncollected the rewards for the UC event quest are awesome, but once you are able to take on chapter 6 those rewards don’t do all that much for the progress of your account. And yeah I get there are other places to get rewards like variant and sinister labs. But you should be doing these types of events anyways to keep the game fresh. So in my opinion that’s not a valid excuse to not get an update to the UC event quest. Please do the game and everyone that plays it a favor and update the rewards for UC or add caviler.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Can we have the Cavalier difficulty at pre-nerf 6.2.3/4 levels? At least it’ll last for awhile. 😂

I wouldn’t mind that I probably wouldn’t get 100% but could probably get completion done definitely haven’t had an event I haven’t been able to 100% easily in ages
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    This game has been getting so stale lately with EQ. There’s nothing to look forward to. I honestly don’t even know why there’s an announcement post anymore considering it’s basically a copy + paste of last month and you just change the intro/story a little bit. People who are interested in the story can get it from the game. It shouldn’t take 2 years to update rewards because then you have a super stale game that people are not at all excited about. Every month is usually just another disappointment with disappointment crystals anyway.
  • IlikeblanketsIlikeblankets Posts: 56
    If I play beginner, normal or uncollected, will that count against me for the Timed Run of Heroic and Master?
    I do not want to start any of the levels because I am afraid it will count against me for the Timed Legends Run.

Kabam Miike? Could you clarify if players can enjoy doing any other level but Heroic and Master without it starting the clock please.

Thank you kindly
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

If I play beginner, normal or uncollected, will that count against me for the Timed Run of Heroic and Master?
    I do not want to start any of the levels because I am afraid it will count against me for the Timed Legends Run.

Kabam Miike? Could you clarify if players can enjoy doing any other level but Heroic and Master without it starting the clock please.

Thank you kindly

Pretty sure it doesn't. You should be safe to test out Uncollected to optimise your team before going for Legends.

-----

I realise that you can't just snap your fingers and update rewards and all that jazz. The thing that I always find most worrying, however, is that there seems to be a lack of strategic direction within the company, or more annoyingly for those who manage our forums, they're not actually telling you what you need to know to answer the player base and having to prevaricate.
    I would have thought that the game would have at the very minimum, the next year's large objectives mapped out - so going back a year, they knew Act 6 was coming, Variant, they knew the release schedule of the movies. What I don't understand is why everything feels so reactionary all of the time, there are few moments where we can be like, "what an excellent idea", as opposed to "thank you for finally doing this". Don't get me wrong, I love this game so I'll map out your next 12 months' updates for you for free if you want. But please, let someone do it!
  • BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★

Crkwest said:

It would be nice if a mod could at least tell us what month they plan on updating the rewards on. It's been a year and a half and it hasn't changed, I thought you were making 5 and 6 star shards more available... Obviously not

We didn't say we were going to update the Uncollected Rewards for sure.

What we did say is that we're exploring a lot of Balancing options for the Uncollected difficulty, including bringing it more in line with where Uncollected Players are, and looking into a possible further difficulty for players that are at Cavalier, but none of that is confirmed. We've also been adding a lot more end game content, like Variants, and Act 6 Chapters for those Players as well.

We're still looking into this, and one thing you'll find this month is that the difficulty has come down. We've chosen less punishing path and Boss Buffs.

Additionally, there are a lot more places in game that can contain rewards such as 5 and 6-Star Shards, including places like Sinister Labs.
    @Kabam Miike , For players who did both variants 100% or even just one path and finished act 6.2.6, uncollected difficulty feels like Arena grinding. It's not challenging and enjoyable unless you artificially restrict yourself and don't use your top champs.

it's not just rewards but for me as a player, the main thing is that content is not enjoyable. It sucks when start of new month is not exiting any more. So I hope there will be a new difficulty for the the players that finished variants and act 6.2.6.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    So medusa armor breaks barely happen against the final boss lol and no it’s not because masochism
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I thought Heroic used to give 5* shards and Master used to give them for just completing. Was I imagining that?
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★

So medusa armor breaks barely happen against the final boss lol and no it’s not because masochism

If you bothered to read warlock's abilities, you'd know why.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Heroic gives five star shards for 100% and master I really don’t think they gave 5* shards for just beating it unless u buy the offer

I could be wrong tho
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    V1PER1987 said:

This game has been getting so stale lately with EQ. There’s nothing to look forward to. I honestly don’t even know why there’s an announcement post anymore considering it’s basically a copy + paste of last month and you just change the intro/story a little bit. People who are interested in the story can get it from the game. It shouldn’t take 2 years to update rewards because then you have a super stale game that people are not at all excited about. Every month is usually just another disappointment with disappointment crystals anyway.

exactly this statement. now this game feels like a chore always.
  • GneiGnei Posts: 1
    Alguma dica pro novo Variante 14/08/2019
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Stellar said:

Does that mean you will add a Cavalier Event Quest to do ?
    One more like Act 6 difficulty with bigger rewards ?
    Heroïc Quest + Master Quest + Uncollected Quest + "Cavalier Quest".... while that sounds great i fear we will not have enough energy to do all these in 1 month

Umm... Wahhh? Who cares? What you decide to play is a choice. Spend your time playing what's most valuable for improving your roster, or what is most enjoyable (if there is anything) for you to play. If you feel the need to play more, that's what refills are for.
  • JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★
    Can the legends run be done by doing master difficulty first? Or does everyone have to start with heroic and end with master?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Can the legends run be done by doing master difficulty first? Or does everyone have to start with heroic and end with master?

Doesn't make any difference.
  • Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40

Crkwest said:

It would be nice if a mod could at least tell us what month they plan on updating the rewards on. It's been a year and a half and it hasn't changed, I thought you were making 5 and 6 star shards more available... Obviously not

We didn't say we were going to update the Uncollected Rewards for sure.

What we did say is that we're exploring a lot of Balancing options for the Uncollected difficulty, including bringing it more in line with where Uncollected Players are, and looking into a possible further difficulty for players that are at Cavalier, but none of that is confirmed. We've also been adding a lot more end game content, like Variants, and Act 6 Chapters for those Players as well.

We're still looking into this, and one thing you'll find this month is that the difficulty has come down. We've chosen less punishing path and Boss Buffs.

Additionally, there are a lot more places in game that can contain rewards such as 5 and 6-Star Shards, including places like Sinister Labs.
    Hey Miike - I 100% understand that you don't make any of the decisions and you're just the mediator at Kabam - and I always feel REALLY bad when people give you all this ****.
    However, please relay the message to your boss, on behalf of the whole MCOC community, that these rewards need to either be updated, OR a Cavalier difficulty needs to be added.
    Also - the LAST thing we need is an EASIER uncollected difficulty. That's a slap in the face to all players done with act 6.
    Agree with this last statement, uncollected paths like the counter tactics paths creates the sense of ‘get lucky or spend’ i just tried it and took 51% damage from 2 blocked hits on a 5 star 4/55 character finishing this path and taking out warlock will cost in resources or units no matter how good i play. You should look at reducing the amount of overall paths in the monthly event quests especially if you do add an extra difficulty
  • Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40
    edited August 2019
    @Kabam Miike you told someone before that this month you have put less punishing nodes in uncollected and i feel i have to prove you wrong. Just a quick bit of math but 5 hits and the combo meter is 100% extra damage right and 100x5000 is 50,000 so what about this seems less punishing to you? And then on top of that is the characters that were selected for us to fight. I would understand if they were all champs that had a easy to dodge sp1 but this is utter garbage. Please advise your development team this is BS

• I'm waiting so they either buff uncollected REWARDS or add new difficulty why is this so difficult for kabam to do
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    If they don't boost the rewards I'm personally not feeling a new difficulty being added. If UC is easy, so be it unless the rewards make a significant jump.
  • For people who feel content is not difficult enough, use your four stars to beat UC bosses. But we all know you guys just want better rewards.