**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The grandmaster crystal and spenders

How on earth am I supposed to keep up with the spenders with the grandmaster crystal? The day that comes out the 5* rosters are going to double and arena scores are to follow suit. I really never bought you would allow 5* to be bought.

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If the rate is 1% or less (like 4* in PHC) that's 20,000 units for a 5 star. Not many are going to be going that route.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    If the rate is 1% or less (like 4* in PHC) that's 20,000 units for a 5 star. Not many are going to be going that route.

You underestimate the whales. They will spend if it means getting 5*. Have you seen how much they spend on featured 4* crystals? The new Grandmaster Crystal is only 50 units more.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★

Only 800 get featured 4*. I have no doubt triple that are going to drop thousands of dollars that day. I've met people who drop 5k a week on this game. It's going to be a field day.
    Viper1987 wrote: »

You underestimate the whales. They will spend if it means getting 5*. Have you seen how much they spend on featured 4* crystals? The new Grandmaster Crystal is only 50 units more.

I've seen a guy hit SA by himself. Literally hit 265k in one day. The whales are going to be milked and I'm going to be left behind.
    Wait if they buy thier champions why would they arena for thier champions?

They will buy them to build up their 5* roster and dominate the arenas

Will they? They don't today. I get my top 800 at will and have never bought a champion. But again why would they dominate arenas if they can buy thier champions instead?

Yeah 20,000 units for a chance at a 5*,. Not many takers who don't already have beefy rosters you will always be behind anyways.

Will they? They don't today. I get my top 800 at will and have never bought a champion. But again why would they dominate arenas if they can buy thier champions instead?

Yeah because they can't buy full 5* like this? That's the whole point of the post. There has been only 2 offers I'm aware of to buy 5*
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

I've seen a guy hit SA by himself. Literally hit 265k in one day. The whales are going to be milked and I'm going to be left behind.

you are not suppose to compete with whales, they are whales for a reason unless ur a F2P tilapia i suggest you stick to your F2P tilapia group because whales will be whales unless u become a whale.

how much money do you think the top 10,20,30 alliances get so far ahead? money has a huge part of it. they already have amassed a huge roster of 5* i am sure of that. Whales will continue to spend to stay ahead i garantee you they will release 6* shard deals/ crystals.

remember that $500 featured 5* crystal? yes people bought that then BAMM 5* features are coming out month by month
    Anyways look at the economics of it. 20,000 units can be spent on refreshes today if they want and that will go further. 13500 units refreshing 5*s gets 18mil.

Yeah 20,000 units for a chance at a 5*,. Not many takers who don't already have beefy rosters you will always be behind anyways.

They don't see it as 20,000 units. They see it as buy an Odin and I'll get a 5*. That's a lot more tempting.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

They don't see it as 20,000 units. They see it as buy an Odin and I'll get a 5*. That's a lot more tempting.

i remember them selling og vision when he came out for 100$
    Anyways look at the economics of it. 20,000 units can be spent on refreshes today if they want and that will go further. 13500 units refreshing 5*s gets 18mil.

You're also missing the fact that 6* will be obtained from dupe 5*. I would bet money that within the first week there will be a 6* owned by someone because of this crystal

Well they'll be wrong because it's closer to buy 7+ Odins for a chance at a 5*. And again if they buy thier champions they are not going to be grinding for their champions which is the concern raised.

You're also missing the fact that 6* will be obtained from dupe 5*. I would bet money that within the first week there will be a 6* owned by someone because of this crystal
    With in 1 minute of 6*s someone (actually thousands) will have one because they have been accruing shards from duping 5*s for months before they are released. Not sure what the concern is

Well they'll be wrong because it's closer to buy 7+ Odins for a chance at a 5*. And again if they buy thier champions they are not going to be grinding for their champions which is the concern raised.

With in 1 minute of 6*s someone (actually thousands) will have one because they have been accruing shards from duping 5*s for months before they are released. Not sure what the concern is

? There are no retroactive 6* shards being given for previous dupes

? There are no retroactive 6* shards being given for previous dupes
    Yup but you start earning shards on the 30th but will not be able to spend them until next year.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Yeah I agree that this crystal is BS. It's a little too good to be true and at the same time is too obvious to whales. If you want us to spend, at least hide it behind things in AW or special event quests where we would have to spend units on potions.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    How on earth am I supposed to keep up with the spenders with the grandmaster crystal? The day that comes out the 5* rosters are going to double and arena scores are to follow suit. I really never bought you would allow 5* to be bought.

That seems unlikely to me because having more 5* champions doesn't radically increase scoring potential at the very top. For me, each 5* champion increases my scoring potential because 5* champions recharge slowly and I don't spend units to recharge them. So more is better. But if you are already putting up 15-17 million you are either spending a lot on recharges already or putting huge amounts of time into grinding with a lot of champions. In both those cases having more 5* champions in your roster has only a small incremental benefit to increasing scoring potential.

I would imagine whales willing to spend hundreds of dollars on the new crystals are already spending hundreds of dollars on recharging for arena (if they grind arena). For those people, scoring will get cheaper but not higher.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

That seems unlikely to me because having more 5* champions doesn't radically increase scoring potential at the very top. For me, each 5* champion increases my scoring potential because 5* champions recharge slowly and I don't spend units to recharge them. So more is better. But if you are already putting up 15-17 million you are either spending a lot on recharges already or putting huge amounts of time into grinding with a lot of champions. In both those cases having more 5* champions in your roster has only a small incremental benefit to increasing scoring potential.

I would imagine whales willing to spend hundreds of dollars on the new crystals are already spending hundreds of dollars on recharging for arena (if they grind arena). For those people, scoring will get cheaper but not higher.

Right but they won't change the amount they spend, they will just have more champions to increase their raw scores with before recharging, because they know all the other top 800 whales will do the same thing. Thats how this works
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★

there are whales that drop the price of a house on offers like this
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Right but they won't change the amount they spend, they will just have more champions to increase their raw scores with before recharging, because they know all the other top 800 whales will do the same thing. Thats how this works

But if you know how that works, that process won't radically increase scoring. For moderate grinders like me, yes. But for the top scorers, no. The top scorers don't have a fixed budget that happens to run out at 17 million. They have a target they shoot for and spend what they need to spend to get there, limited mostly by the amount of time they are willing to expend to reach a certain score. That time is the limiting factor, not the amount of 5* champs.

But even if they did use their remaining roster on top of spending, that still won't increase scores by a lot. Each 5* champ is worth about 20k per fight and without spending on recharging that's 60k per day, 180k per event round (three days). Someone with 50 more 5* champs would at best increase their scoring by 9 million points, and that is a ridiculous outside margin because that would take an additional two to three hours a day over and above their normal grinding.

More 5* champs might turn 17 million into 19 million, maybe. Arena scores are not going to double in the featured arena, and aren't likely to even increase by measureable amounts. Given what it takes to generate those top numbers, the numbers simply aren't there.

It is more likely that 5/65 rank ups will eventually increase arena scores more than the proliferation of 5* champs will, due to the higher PI. But even that is probably a whiles off.
  • OmarOmar Posts: 36
    edited August 2017
    Yes! Someone else gets it! These crystals are an obvious new push for players to spend to compete. Every champ in them will b a three or better..think about that for a second....even if the five star drop rate is low...all the shards from the three star dupes and occasional four star dupes will help in acquiring shards for five star champs. So...even if the drop rate on five stars is low..whales will still be encouraged to spend thousands because of how the shards will stack from dupes of lower tiered champs.

But if you know how that works, that process won't radically increase scoring. For moderate grinders like me, yes. But for the top scorers, no. The top scorers don't have a fixed budget that happens to run out at 17 million. They have a target they shoot for and spend what they need to spend to get there, limited mostly by the amount of time they are willing to expend to reach a certain score. That time is the limiting factor, not the amount of 5* champs.

But even if they did use their remaining roster on top of spending, that still won't increase scores by a lot. Each 5* champ is worth about 20k per fight and without spending on recharging that's 60k per day, 180k per event round (three days). Someone with 50 more 5* champs would at best increase their scoring by 9 million points, and that is a ridiculous outside margin because that would take an additional two to three hours a day over and above their normal grinding.

More 5* champs might turn 17 million into 19 million, maybe. Arena scores are not going to double in the featured arena, and aren't likely to even increase by measureable amounts. Given what it takes to generate those top numbers, the numbers simply aren't there.

It is more likely that 5/65 rank ups will eventually increase arena scores more than the proliferation of 5* champs will, due to the higher PI. But even that is probably a whiles off.

Well Omar is a self proclaimed spender and has agreed with me so idk what to tell ya lol

Well Omar is a self proclaimed spender and has agreed with me so idk what to tell ya lol
    Is he also an arena grinder who will use those 5* to effect cut offs?

Why are you asking me?

Uh, I guess I'm a whale? Not really, but apparently people who score in the top 800 are whales. I have been grinding for each 4* featured that has come out since 12.0 with the exception of Angela and Carnage. The amount I spend in arena to get top 800 is 0. 0 units, $0, and 0 arena boosts. I'm not a top spender by any means, but I exchange that for time. For me, if I got, say, 1 5* a week, it would not push me to go farther and push up my arena score. If anything, I would give a sigh of relief because it would help me to grind less. The goal post will be virtually the same, but for me, more 5* just reduces my grind time.

Uh, I guess I'm a whale? Not really, but apparently people who score in the top 800 are whales. I have been grinding for each 4* featured that has come out since 12.0 with the exception of Angela and Carnage. The amount I spend in arena to get top 800 is 0. 0 units, $0, and 0 arena boosts. I'm not a top spender by any means, but I exchange that for time. For me, if I got, say, 1 5* a week, it would not push me to go farther and push up my arena score. If anything, I would give a sigh of relief because it would help me to grind less. The goal post will be virtually the same, but for me, more 5* just reduces my grind time.

You misunderstood me, I am not saying all top 800 are whales, otherwise that would be myself as well. At this point it's just wait and see.

Why are you asking me?
    Because the premise of the thread is that spending on Grandmaster crystals will cause arena scores to rise, you said he agreed with you even though he said nothing about spenders influencing arenas.

And might want to do a survey of the summoner leaderboards then note how few of the top players arena. Just sayin.