**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Clarification regarding Namor Damage reflect

13»

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    chunkyb said:

Hey All,

We are aware of this knock-on issue caused by the fix yesterday, and have a fix prepped for it now. We'll have it out as soon as we can test and deploy it.

Got wrecked throwing an L2 in aq today. One eye open path. Is this part of the new bug? I'm dumb and not following the logic of the timer change and how it effects specials including L2/L3. Cost me a lot. Not fun.
    Did you stun and then throw the SP2? One eye open is not the the new bug here.
  • Lormif said:

chunkyb said:

Hey All,

We are aware of this knock-on issue caused by the fix yesterday, and have a fix prepped for it now. We'll have it out as soon as we can test and deploy it.

Got wrecked throwing an L2 in aq today. One eye open path. Is this part of the new bug? I'm dumb and not following the logic of the timer change and how it effects specials including L2/L3. Cost me a lot. Not fun.
    Didn't record, so hazy on this but believe I did.

Know it's not the new one that's being discussed but namor was all wonky yesterday after the initial fix went live. Trying to figure out details bc it all seems to be interconnected
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike this affects Variant 3, Quest 2.1. just got absolutely murdered by a random reflect.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    My tech champs died without taking any damage in variant 3 2.1 Namor path. It's debilitate and enhanced bleed. Namor is reflecting entire damage whether it is Damage over time or not back to attacker if as a defender he launches attack. Once the combo is over all the damage dealt before that combo is dealt back to attacker.

I tried it with dueling Namor in alliance and same thing happened with my IMIW. Champs are dying mid combo.
  • Finalflash8Finalflash8 Posts: 72

@Kabam Miike this affects Variant 3, Quest 2.1. just got absolutely murdered by a random reflect.

Just had the same exactly experience in variant 3 2.1. Hes reflecting back damage when I'm mid combo. He needs to be fixed. For real this time.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

chunkyb said:

Hey All,

The change absolutely affected his interaction with that node. There's no reason he should be taking any damage from it on any attack
    edited August 2019
    He doesn't take damage while they're stunned using basic attacks so he shouldn't be taking it from specials either
    It's not like it's constant dot that you get in between attacks, that I understand. This is the actual attack damage being reflected which definitely is not how it should work. I can only assume the same would happen throwing specials at electro or anyone else that reflects damage which is one of the things he was designed to counter
    I wouldn't use any specials on a thorns node with him in war until he's fixed for sure
  • He doesn't take damage while they're stunned using basic attacks so he shouldn't be taking it from specials either

This is my confusion
    chunkyb said:

He doesn't take damage while they're stunned using basic attacks so he shouldn't be taking it from specials either

This is my confusion
    We're in the same boat on that one lol
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    This bug straight up sucks. It's like he's storing damage from nothing and then reflecting it at arbitrary times throughout the fight. It gradually gets bigger and bigger and after about 20 seconds you're dead.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Hey All,

Gotta give ya credit.. seems you've learned a lesson.. testing.. obviously there was no testing done prior to the previous fix being implemented..
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★

I mentioned this In another post
    But why couldn’t you guys just get rid of the node? There Is no reason to have that kind of node, now you guys are pushing untested content and interactions just to get it out

Exactly. It would've been better, faster, and cheaper (the Trinity) to just take out that node and quit using it or tweak it slightly. There wasn't anyone around to make that obvious suggestion? Maybe there was and they got meme'd out the window.
  • KwizachKwizach Posts: 18
    @Kabam Miike any luck on getting a fix soon before war defensive placement phase starts?
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    As noted here, the secondary issue with Namor has been resolved.
This discussion has been closed.