**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So Variant 3 - Honestly, I'd give this content a solid 10 out of 10. - FULL REVIEW BELOW.

I don't have a 5/65 Sentinel, or a 5/65 Ghost. I don't even have them as 5 stars. The only tech champ I used was Stark Spidey (who was AMAZING in this quest, lemme tell ya). There were no cash grab, unplayable nodes like in previous variant content.
Overall I didn't use a single unit on anything aside from a few energy refills.

The ONLY node that seemed unfair to me was the 1% regen, mighty charge, Rogue in 3.1 - That was the only fight that made me almost rage quit because it just seems almost impossible? After about 10 tries I got it down with a Rank 5 Starky with a 30% green boost and 15% attack boost - while running full suicides - SO a Rank 5 Starky with a 105% attack boost was just barely enough to get it down. I think that node needs to be looked at.

So yeah man, all the boss nodes were fun, I think the system of having the paths linked with the same purple nodes as opposed to each having their own orange node is just really nice. It felt like an uncollected quest where you need to bring a team to counter the node as opposed to having to bring something specific to each fight like in Variant 1.

What I LOVED about this quest, was that you got a little boost if you used tech champs, and Sentinel (when it worked), but if you didn't have the top tech champs, it literally didn't matter. I personally used Omega Red for 90% of all the fights, and then Starky for all the boss fights (Except Colossus, I used Darkhawk for him).

So great job Kabam on the best piece of Endgame content in recent memory.
Let's hope Act 6.3 looks similar.

Comments

• FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Except that Long Distance Relationship Void and the Rogue you mentioned. Everything was awesome. Great job Kabam!
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★

Except that Long Distance Relationship Void and the Rogue you mentioned. Everything was awesome. Great job Kabam!

OOOOOOOHH the long-distance relationship void was nasty!!!!
    I actually enjoyed seeing that interaction though. Cost me a team revive i had in the stash though.
    I haven't done this yet, would rogue and void be easy to combat with a 5/65 void? (only have a 4* sentinel)
  • Woozie said:

I actually enjoyed seeing that interaction though. Cost me a team revive i had in the stash though.
    I haven't done this yet, would rogue and void be easy to combat with a 5/65 void? (only have a 4* sentinel)
    no, you cant use void for rogue. She shrugs it all off.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    So, you haven’t taken any of the power gain paths yet? Hehe.

P.s. Tech power boost would help a lot in the Rogue fight
    zeezee57 said:

So, you haven’t taken any of the power gain paths yet? Hehe.

P.s. Tech power boost would help a lot in the Rogue fight

That's what an ally mate did with Ghost. Sp2 spam undamaged the regen. Exactly with I'm going to try to do with SL
    Me too. I was just gonna restart, but someone on a stream suggested the boost to me. It was enough.
  • Newbie756Newbie756 Posts: 10
    I'm surprised how fast you explored X machina
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Took Rogue down with Sentinel. Not an issue to outdamage her regen.

That Void was nasty but as long as you don’t get stuck in the mindset of “must use Tech/Sentinel/Ghost”, he’s not that bad.
  • 1% regen Rouge made me wanna quit the game . I used 5*rank5 Stark spidey (30% boost) but I could not defeat her
    Will I use 5*rank 4 Star Lord with boost better than rank 5 Sparky?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Please tell me how you completed the gassed/spry path.
    V1PER1987 said:

Please tell me how you completed the gassed/spry path.

Ghost. Phase intercept 1 hit. It can’t be evaded.
    _GRINDER_ said:

Can't we put a heal block with sentinel SP1 ? I haven't started the quest yet but wondering SP1 on that sentinel should work .

Just get to 100 charges and keep spamming SP1s

Yes you can. But she has mighty charge so every dash from her will shrug your heal block away. Just need to consistently apply it.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

That Void was nasty but as long as you don’t get stuck in the mindset of “must use Tech/Sentinel/Ghost”, he’s not that bad.

That void was pretty fun ghost with hood make it not that hard to do. But yes never only use ghost and senstel sl is god tier in a few Mach op. I’m that varaint fox he can take down that kang to.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Can't believe you already 100% it. You must get bored completing content so quickly...good job though! 😊
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    It was fun except for the 280k hp havok
    Gamer said:

xNig said:

That void was pretty fun ghost with hood make it not that hard to do. But yes never only use ghost and senstel sl is god tier in a few Mach op. I’m that varaint fox he can take down that kang to.
    Haha. KM + Void for that Void fight. Not a big penalty despite losing 50% due to 20% class bonus. You’ll end the fight with full life.
  • PeaRatPeaRat Posts: 152

Not sure how but managed to one shot him with 4/55 nick fury lol
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I would like to tip my cap to Kabam as well. V3 is really good, right amount of difficulty for the rewards. As you can see everyone is happy. Some say it is too easy but I think that's exaggerated as too easy seems to go along with a stacked roster. So if you have the counters than yes it can potentially be easy but not across the board.

Also, the best part is the paths. 4 to 5 paths is an excellent strategy at most 6. I hope that can go across the board with new content moving forward.
  • TallmortalTallmortal Posts: 14

No
  • RaveNNRaveNN Posts: 174
    Kang is horrible , wasted tons of revives and boosts, still didnt kill him
    Would prefer any node instead of the instant heal to 100%
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    RaveNN said:

Kang is horrible , wasted tons of revives and boosts, still didnt kill him
    Would prefer any node instead of the instant heal to 100%

If you're about to fail, pause a quit. Way better than allowing him to fully heal.
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    I’d give it 10/10 too until this 😭😭😭😭😭😭
    edited August 2019
    Dęłtå said:

Out of all the rewards for Variant, the five star crystal was the one you were most hyped about? I mean... to each there own, but I barely even noticed them. Did you see all the rank up gems? They’re pretty good.

Dęłtå said:

Out of all the rewards for Variant, the five star crystal was the one you were most hyped about? I mean... to each there own, but I barely even noticed them. Did you see all the rank up gems? They’re pretty good.
    Just noticed your account. It appears you are just having a little fun. :-)
  • ZigZag1234ZigZag1234 Posts: 36
    Is it possible to do this variant with a 4 star cause i dont have any good 5 star tech champs. The only good tech is unawaken darkhawk