**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I'm seriously considering the Sigil, but I was going to wait to buy until my timers would be up to maximize my store opportunities. Does that matter or not? Little confused by all the posts.

Your opportunities will not matter. You get the same number no matter what. You get 4 weeks of once ever 2 weeks or once a week items.

there are ways to possibly maximize it if you wanted to, you could wait for the timers to cool down on the 2 week items before you bought it, that would give you a free go after several months, you could wait a day into the timer to get an extra go in that month.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,553 Guardian
    Wozzy101 said:

So free week is over. If I purchase Sigil now, will all the timers reset? Black iso market showing 6 days until it resets. If it doesn’t, there’s no point in getting the Sigil.

You can't game the timers by buying the Sigil while the timers are still on cooldown. So if that was your goal, there's no point in getting the Sigil.
    Wozzy101 said:

Cheers @DNA3000 guess the “free week” kinda screws those who pay out of a weeks worth of content.

The free week screws no one. Every single player got more than they would have if the free week didn't exist. The people who don't buy the Sigil got a week of its benefits for free. The people who did buy the Sigil got seven days more benefit than they paid for. The people who want to intermittently buy the Sigil did even better: they could ride the free week out and not buy, wait more more week for all cooldowns to expire, *then* buy the Sigil for a month after that and in effect get three two-week cooldowns in the store for the price of four weeks (players who want to subscribe indefinitely probably shouldn't do this, because they would miss a week of the sigil event).

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    So now it's advertised in inventory when I sell iso. Could you please allow selling it from stash?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    If this 9.99 is the intro version at the intro price, they're going to need to bring more to the table for me to pay more. The store is the draw for me and Kabam's history is prompting me to wait a cycle to see if it works right.
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    I think Kabam could easily increase their revenue by thinking outside the traditional mobile gaming model & actually present offers that provide summoners w/ great value for the monies they spend.... you know kind of like what most of today's retailers are required to do if they want to stay profitable.

If this 9.99 is the intro version at the intro price, they're going to need to bring more to the table for me to pay more. The store is the draw for me and Kabam's history is prompting me to wait a cycle to see if it works right.

They never stated it was an introductory price, they said the price was subject to change, which is legalize to stop complaints in a few years if the price changes.
    Xdonre said:

I think Kabam could easily increase their revenue by thinking outside the traditional mobile gaming model & actually present offers that provide summoners w/ great value for the monies they spend.... you know kind of like what most of today's retailers are required to do if they want to stay profitable.

you mean kinda like this.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★

We've just announced the introduction of our brand new service, the Summoner Sigil!

The Summoner Sigil is a subscription based service that delivers a number of Bonuses, all for the introductory price of a Star-Lord’s Loot Bag (9.99 USD) every 30 days.

It clearly states that it is an introductory price. Not necessarily set to change, but the term makes it at least appear likely to change

Lormif said:

They never stated it was an introductory price, they said the price was subject to change, which is legalize to stop complaints in a few years if the price changes.
    They were very clear that it was an introductory price.
    Webby72 said:

We've just announced the introduction of our brand new service, the Summoner Sigil!

The Summoner Sigil is a subscription based service that delivers a number of Bonuses, all for the introductory price of a Star-Lord’s Loot Bag (9.99 USD) every 30 days.

It clearly states that it is an introductory price. Not necessarily set to change, but the term makes it at least appear likely to change

Fair, but it does not say it WILL change.. Just that it could. If it does you can reevaluate if you want it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Clarifying that it's an introductory price just makes it clear that it may change. Not necessarily that it will change. It's just being upfront with people that it's a possibility.
    Lormif said:

Webby72 said:

Fair, but it does not say it WILL change.. Just that it could. If it does you can reevaluate if you want it.
    Every price everywhere is always subject to change unless otherwise stated, and even then I wouldn't bet much on it outside of a contract. Kabam had no reason to use the phrase "Introductory price" unless they specifically wanted to give the nigh-universally recognized impression that the price will increase, so now is the best time to buy.
    Actually, the purpose of indicating introductory prices is to clarify that it may change in the future. There is also introductory price dealing which implicitly means it will change after the introductory offer, but I don't believe that applies to this case.
    Mind you, I don't believe. I have no idea what their plans are. In any case, I can always decide for myself if everything included is something I want to spend on, for what's being offered. Thus far, good deal.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Wozzy101 said:

Cheers @DNA3000 guess the “free week” kinda screws those who pay out of a weeks worth of content.

I got part of the rewards for the free week. Once the free week was over it appears to arrive accumulate but you have to pay to get the rewards so it resetting part of the way sucked if you're not going to buy it.

Lormif said:

Webby72 said:

Every price everywhere is always subject to change unless otherwise stated, and even then I wouldn't bet much on it outside of a contract. Kabam had no reason to use the phrase "Introductory price" unless they specifically wanted to give the nigh-universally recognized impression that the price will increase, so now is the best time to buy.
    i take it you dont come to the forums often, these forums are reason enough.
    I would expect the price to rise as well given the demand of the offer. Supply and demand is business 101. I can't really fault them for making so much but it's hard not to be salty when they used to be much less greedy and had offers that were really worth the price. But clearly that's of my own opinion because people are spending. So as long as it continues to be profitable, things will be introduced that cost and those costs could easily increase. Although I don't understand it, I don't see this community stopping their spending. But who knows. Time will tell.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I feel that you have the extra money go for it. The best thing about it to me is the 11k featured crystal and inventory space. Neither are a make or break deal for me. So I won't personally participate but it is a decent extra to have.

I would expect the price to rise as well given the demand of the offer. Supply and demand is business 101.

Supply and demand is microeconomics 101, and it is inapplicable to virtual economies where supply is unlimited. In virtual economies prices change based on completely different factors surrounding the monetization system. And in fact even in the real world the price of things is sometimes completely disconnected from their supply. For example, the diamond industry. Diamonds aren't expensive because the supply is limited, diamonds are expensive to give the impression that supply is limited, so people are willing to pay more for them, which artificially increases their value.

The first thing you learn in business 101 is to ignore what you learned in economics 101.
    And that's EXACTLY why Kabam is so greedy. All the spenders have artificially inflated their value. Just like diamonds. Everything you buy in this game is intrinsically worthless. But people will still spend and they'll still raise the prices. They know people will pay it. They'll always supply that demand for faster progression
    It was long ago, but I at least wish I had a single college professor articulate like you do.

I'm tempted to post random comments just to get you to keep leaving me nuggets of goodness.

I do feel like I'm in the minority though as an f2p'er. It seems like no matter what alliance I'm in at least half are spending and at the higher levels everybody was dumping cash. Some of those guys were spending thousands.

I did buy the $1 crystal. That was a pretty dope deal.
    Grounded, that's perfect because I'm totally gonna go kill this 8 ball in the corner 😂😉
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I do feel like I'm in the minority though as an f2p'er. It seems like no matter what alliance I'm in at least half are spending and at the higher levels everybody was dumping cash. Some of those guys were spending thousands.

As long as you can hang that's the best place to be lol. You get much higher SA rewards etc when you have some whales.

As long as you can hang that's the best place to be lol. You get much higher SA rewards etc when you have some whales.

You aren't lying! Now it's chill but having been in much higher levels it was definitely nice having so many whales. Better rewards for every event, AQ, AW. I definitely recommend playing with whales if you don't mind some grind but I'm just super over the grind.