**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

To 5* feature or not to 5* feature???

Wozzy101Wozzy101 Posts: 680 ★★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
I have the Summoner Sigil. I can get a 5* basic crystal or an 11k 5* feature. Based on my roster what would you do?

Comments

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    If there are a few champs u really want in the featured take the gamble. It will be months before the newer champs r added to the basic pool and u arent dependent on getting a diverse roster. You already have a decent roster built up so I say go for it if u want a few champs in it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I just had to make the same decision. I decided 3 possibilities I wanted wasn't really sensible for me. I opened a Basic and Duped my Shulk.
  • i’d say go for featured, you’re getting it at a discount price so even if it’s not what you want, you didn’t waste a whole lot of shards
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    Wozzy101 said:

I just had to make the same decision. I decided 3 possibilities I wanted wasn't really sensible for me. I opened a Basic and Duped my Shulk.

Shulks great. Duping helps her. I’d probably only really want Blade or Namor. Thinking basic is the better option.
    If you want Blade or Namor, then there's no reason not to pay the extra 1k shards and try. The featured gives you the highest percentage chance to pull them.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Maybe try featured if there’s a champion in there you really want. It’s only 1000 extra shards (granted, still a lot, which is why only go for it if there’s a champ in there you really want). Also keep in mind there’s a pretty decent chance you’ll get trash, but IMO the trash in the basic is around the same.
  • WyattEarpWyattEarp Posts: 66
    If it helps, I've opened 7 of those featured crystals (was saving up for a while):
    Gambit
    Wasp
    Crossbones
    Gambit
    Guillotine
    Cull Obsidian
    Dr. Strange

So, that should tell you your odds.
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    go with one shot on Featured , if yu land on Namor! Buy a lottery ticket! :smile: Nice 6 stars mate!!!
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    WyattEarp said:

If it helps, I've opened 7 of those featured crystals (was saving up for a while):
    Gambit
    Wasp
    Crossbones
    Gambit
    Guillotine
    Cull Obsidian
    Dr. Strange

So, that should tell you your odds.

I'm 0 for my last 20 on featured crystals if you want to include that in your odds calculation.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    8 for me, best was a new Dr Strange, I'm giving up for a while.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    I'd do same as always. Count the probabilities of getting desired champion and adjust it to amount of shards spent
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    me and my boyfriend both opened a nebula when the timer reset today from ours. not that it matters cuz it's all RNG but like others have said, you can get an awesome pull and have a better chance if you're targeting one in there. But you can get meh or worse too. I got a ronin from the first time I converted in the iso market.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    Rabbit, Gully, Blade, and Namor in that order for me.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Wozzy101 said:

I have the Summoner Sigil. I can get a 5* basic crystal or an 11k 5* feature. Based on my roster what would you do?

First, you have to decide what you want out of your 5* crystals. Are you looking for a game-changing champ? Are you looking to awaken a champ? Would you prefer something new, or would you prefer to duplicate something you already have.

If you're just looking for that one great champ, you just add up all the champs you think are great in the featured compared to the basic and see which one has the better ratio. Since you're paying 11k for the featured, its odds have to be at least 10% better than the basic (which it often is).

But there's also the question of new champ vs dup. If you're an arena grinder, a new 5* is more points in the arena. But every dup is a few 6* shards. Which one is more valuable to you depends on how you are using them. If you're an arena grinder, new champ is probably worth more. But if you're not, the 6* shards are probably worth more. So the basic has a chance to dup one of your existing champs, and the featured has a different chance. That, combined with how many home runs you think are in the featured, should determine which one you open.

Based on your roster, if it was me I'd probably go featured, but that's not a strong preference.