**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Pure Skill balancing

Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
Now that we are getting more frequent champion balancing, when will Pure Skill be looked at? Mystic Dispersion had it's re-balancing and compensation given, yet the few of us that maxed this mastery out have been in literal limbo since March 2017, that's almost 2 years and a half.

At this point I would just be happy with a unit refund to be honest.

Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated, not asking for the world, or want to give out/complain, just legitimately baffled on how long this has gone without actually doing something about it.

Comments

• belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I agree they should refund the units/loyalty and let people decide if they still want it, if so it can be repurchased.
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173
    Wow....just wow! 12 days and counting. ...
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    edited August 2019

What do you mean 12 days? It's been over 2+ years this mastery hasn't worked. And the last time they even said anything about it was somewhere around 8 months ago or so. Same ole we're looking into it reply. Just give us our resources back and close the mastery.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Talk about honesty!!
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I wasn't around before 12.0... what made Pure Skill really good before then?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    @DrZola I recall a few posts trying to explain how pure skill still works in theory but I don't recall anyone being able to show it in practice. The change to pure skill was more drastic than the change to mystic dispersion. A redund of the resources used to unlock it seems on fair. If people still see value in it after the refund they can always repurchase it. I agree with you 100% just make the players whole for this forgotten change.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    edited August 2019
    Ace_03 said:

JimmyB said:

What do you mean 12 days? It's been over 2+ years this mastery hasn't worked. And the last time they even said anything about it was somewhere around 8 months ago or so. Same ole we're looking into it reply. Just give us our resources back and close the mastery.
    He meant how long this discussion has been up my guy.
    I know what he meant my guy. I'm stating that this descussion hasn't been addressed in over 8 months or longer.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/136606/pure-skill
    Ace_03 said:

JimmyB said:

He meant how long this discussion has been up my guy.
    Bingo! Wait for it. Doesn't matter how constructive the conversation is....just a matter of time.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Yeah Pure Skill people need refunded. They ruined a somewhat decent mastery that's very expressive to unlock. I only have a couple unlocked because at the time I didn't use enough skill champs to warrent spending lots of units for a classed based mastery. Lots of people did though and I feel sorry for them because it's junk now. There's absolutely no reason for it to been ignored this long other than they don't want to deal with it.
  • LifeswickedLifeswicked Posts: 124
    I maxed pure skill years ago after the 12.0 update it’s been as useless as tits on a bull
    needs to refund us
  • LifeswickedLifeswicked Posts: 124
    Kabam needs 2 *
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Almost 3 years of it being "looked at" and still nothing. Would love to see all of the class ones looked at (besides mystic which seems to be the only decent one that is useful) Tech isn't too bad but Mutant, Science, Skill and Cosmic are pretty worthless. Give us 5 more points and buff these class ones and I'd definitely use them and pay to open them.
    edited August 2019
    I've suggested tier 4 and 5 be eliminated and refunded. I think the last time, I was warned and my thread was closed....though I may be getting it mixed up with any other opportunity over the years.
    Blocking at least levels 3 and 4 is the responsible thing to do.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Is there no news from Kabam about this? This thread is almost 3 weeks old and no official reply has been given.
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    Happy to see my favorite topic still being asked about.

@Kabam Miike said however many years / months ago this was being worked on. I don't understand why or how it could possibly take so long to fix but my guess is nobody uses the mastery anymore so there's no urgency to fix it.

I spent a lot of units to max out this mastery pre 12.0 update and haven't used it since. I've asked countless times for updates and this topic mostly gets ignored.

I've suggested just reworking the mastery entirely to something new because it's pretty apparent there's no real fix possible or it would have been done by now.
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    Bump, please help
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    In case you didnt know u can get in trouble for bumping posts up. This happened to me before so i thought i would let u know. I guess they prefer ppl to start new posts so it doesnt look like they ignored a post for a long period of time
    Hmmm.... not responding must be seen as more favorable than the norm of thread closure.
  • QuincyPeckQuincyPeck Posts: 63
    I guess this is one of those issues that will never be resolved.