**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What happend to the fantastic 4?

I honestly don't understand where the fantastic 4 Is in this game, they are a pretty cool and well known team so I don't get it!

Comments

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Marvel sold the rights to the movies to this company called Fox. Marvel would love to have those rights back in a very similar situation as to what they now have going with Sony for Spider-man. But as long as Fox owns the movie rights it makes no sense for Marvel to indirectly promote characters like the Fantastic Four. When is the last time you read a new Fantastic Four comic book?

Just for the record the three Fox movies for the Fantastic Four stunk.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    It is a rights issue....Marvel can use them, but have no desire to pay what it would cost under the current licensing deal with 20th Century Fox. (the deal they have with Fox for the X-Men/Mutants is different as far as the licensing....plus they would be stupid to start ignoring Wolverine)
    It is why after decades of being in print, Marvel cancelled the FF comic book.
    I will not bore you with all the details...but if you google Marvel Fantastic Four rights...you will get many more details.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »
    Marvel sold the rights to the movies to this company called Fox. Marvel would love to have those rights back in a very similar situation as to what they now have going with Sony for Spider-man. But as long as Fox owns the movie rights it makes no sense for Marvel to indirectly promote characters like the Fantastic Four. When is the last time you read a new Fantastic Four comic book?

Sorry, I was typing while you posted this....was not intending to repeat your post :)
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    Yeah I know that, and with sony and spider man, (Dumb move on marvels part, fox DOES NOT know how to make a good superhero movie) but not a lot of people know that marvel doesn't own the rights to F4 and if marvel promotes F4 the people who don't know its not owned by marvel anymore would want to find out more about F4 (comics/movies) and then would see some cameo of iron man or something while reading a comic for F4 then would be lead
    so it would make people happy, and it would equal out money wise
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Why does fox own what marvel created tho? Were the creators drunk and randomly handed them the rights?
    I'm gonna make another discussion about other champs I want In the game (red face and En Sabah Nur)
    no they sold it, and after "lead" in my first comment I was gonna say that then it would end up leading you to a marvel owned comic or movie
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »

Sorry, I was typing while you posted this....was not intending to repeat your post :)

No worries :)
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Why does fox own what marvel created tho? Were the creators drunk and randomly handed them the rights?

Marvel went bankrupt and had to sell alot of stuff
  • Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 322

It is a rights issue....Marvel can use them, but have no desire to pay what it would cost under the current licensing deal with 20th Century Fox. (the deal they have with Fox for the X-Men/Mutants is different as far as the licensing....plus they would be stupid to start ignoring Wolverine)
    I will not bore you with all the details...but if you google Marvel Fantastic Four rights...you will get many more details.

I thought the rights issue was for movies/TV show production rights? As far as I knew, marvel still owned the rights for new story archs and merchandising, which I thought this game would fall under? Is an app considered production rights or is fantastic 4 totally locked on merchandising as well?

Pretty sure xmen/mutant and Spidey merchandising rights still stand with marvel. That being said it is entirely accurate that marvel is trying to take attention away from xmen/fantastic 4 and Spiderman by not creating new stories for those publications.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★

I thought the rights issue was for movies/TV show production rights? As far as I knew, marvel still owned the rights for new story archs and merchandising, which I thought this game would fall under? Is an app considered production rights or is fantastic 4 totally locked on merchandising as well?

Pretty sure xmen/mutant and Spidey merchandising rights still stand with marvel. That being said it is entirely accurate that marvel is trying to take attention away from xmen/fantastic 4 and Spiderman by not creating new stories for those publications.

It's purely speculation but many belive the reason why marvel use to be stingy with rights was because it wanted to kill franchises like xmen and f4 but when xmen started doing well in there universe marvel loosend that leash but for f4 they have no reason to give (think it's Sony) free promotions for the movies
  • Thawnim wrote: »

It is rights only for the movies and television, but if you were Marvel would you create new comics which would basically provide Fox with new material to make movies with?
    Look at my comment of why they should still add it
  • Wordy12 wrote: »
    Look at my comment of why they should still add it

I don't disagree with you, but it is basically a version of chicken that both companies are playing. Marvel clearly wants to sink Fantastic Four to try and get those movie rights back. Fox has yet to concede and will probably attempt to relaunch it again with another movie.