**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Block Break [More Info Needed]

vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I dunno if this has been reported yet but block break is back, seems totally random and has been occurring to me mostly on AW, with an obviously severe outcome, KO. I have witness defenders such as Agent Venom and Yellow Jacket breaking the block of my attackers, and this is happening quite frequently, specially when connection is poor. I can upload a video but you know it doesn't really tell anything about why it triggers...
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    I have a video of it and it won't let me post it. Go figure
    eg2tk6txp9h2.png
    Notice the file not allowed
  • FizicystFizicyst Posts: 43
    In AQ Yellowjacket's SP2 sometimes breaks my blocks (against Ironman) and Dr. Voodoo's SP1 will do it against Wolverine most of the time. This is on map 5 with prestige of 5k+.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Zerophunk. Could you possibly upload the video to another site and then post a link here?
    I'll try
    edited August 2017
    Right about 00:21
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    Zerophunk wrote: »
    Right about 00:21

What is your device?
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    It would be better to turn on touch input because they could say you're lifting your finger off the screen. With touch input it shows every press of the screen.
    My device is a j7. And you can see that the block is just blown through. Her hands drop after the hit is landed
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Happened to me against section 3 electro yesterday. Double electro/abom duty blows.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    Marvel coc block. Haha
  • adamlar4102adamlar4102 Posts: 18
    Zerophunk wrote: »
    My device is a j7. And you can see that the block is just blown through. Her hands drop after the hit is landed

I've asked you because of this:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Samsung-j7-prime-touch-screen-issues-while-playing-games/td-p/80703

Check if it is your case. I hope not.
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    Happened to me multiple times in AQ and AW......very frustrating
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Thank you for posting this. I am on a OnePlus 5, OnePlus 3T, and an IPhone 5. I have had this happen as well in AW/AQ. I just replaced my screen protector on the OnePlus 5 to see if that was causing a problem and removed it from the OnePlus 3T and had the same results against IM in Map 5 Stage 1 Line 3 using Drax as the attacker.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    It's been happening a lot in every part of the game, it's really freaking annoying and has been going on for months.

Also my champs randomly drop their blocks, won't respond to block inputs, occasionally they wont move an just sit there and block not listening to inputs, sometimes when holding block they'll just charge forward, or randomly fire on an attack, etc

I do not see a fix coming anytime soon, they've known about these for awhile and seem content to leave these issues unfixed as long as they possibly can as it benfits them and is detrimental to us.
    It seems is associated to delays problem. The game stops registering commands in many situations.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    iPhone 6s Plus. When trying to swipe away after blocking an initial attack, Juggernaut broke through the blocks and killed my champs. Happened too often in AW.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    Happening for me too.
    Watch my friend dying because of the delays. Note that he touched screen to block before Dormammu's last combo of death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecDpO08-5xo&feature=youtu.be[video]
    edited August 2017
    ralmada wrote: »
    Watch my friend dying because of the delays. Note that he touched screen to block before Dormammu's last combo of death.

And parry failed in second 27 because of the damn delay. It's visible the small freeze of the frames there.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    this has been happening to me as well the last couple of days, mostly in aw and aq where it is rather costly.
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    How dare you pointing out our mistakes ??!! You are banned.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    edited August 2017

And parry failed in second 27 because of the damn delay. It's visible the small freeze of the frames there.

I don't mean to derail the focus of this discussion, but seems like this is a separate issue (timing on parry?). The reason why I make this distinction is because I have this problem a lot, but it seems to only occur when AQ's prestige is higher. In fact, I never have this problem on days 1-2 in AQ (I sometimes have this problem in AW). This is why I don't think this is a performance issue at all.

Basically, I've adjusted by blocking a .5 second earlier. Sometimes this results in a regular block where I take a lot of block damage, but at least I am not "missing" my parries and getting comboed into oblivion.

This separate issue might be what this discussion is about:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/97395

I don't mean to derail the focus of this discussion, but seems like this is a separate issue (timing on parry?). The reason why I make this distinction is because I have this problem a lot, but it seems to only occur when AQ's prestige is higher. In fact, I never have this problem on days 1-2 in AQ (I sometimes have this problem in AW). This is why I don't think this is a performance issue at all.

Basically, I've adjusted by blocking a .5 second earlier. Sometimes this results in a regular block where I take a lot of block damage, but at least I am not "missing" my parries and getting comboed into oblivion.

This separate issue might be what this discussion is about:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/97395

I've faced these problems at least in special missions and arenas. This is not an exclusive AQ/AW issue.
    My video was act 4 chapter 4 tile 3
    Worst part is ii went through the trouble of loading it to utube because it wouldn't load here upon the request of @kabamwolf And never got an answer
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Invisible wrote: »
    How dare you pointing out our mistakes ??!! You are banned.

Is this true? Kabam is fair so its hard to believe.