Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Act 6 Chapter 2 The Champion Boss battle - The most Unfair and Disgusting battle of the game

Comments

• Options
    BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292

It is one of the worst fights in the game, if not THE worst.

I’ve done a run; with She-Hulk...

The 1... 1!!! Amazing counter just got nerfed,l

Gotta disagree with you big time.

One: she Hulk wasn’t nerfed; they changed one part of her mechanics but she still had all the abilities they buffed her with. It just isn’t as easy to roll into a heavy.

Two: I have beat Champion with Hood, She hulk, CAIW, Morningstar and Symbiote Supreme. In order of preferences and ease I found she Hulk to be last. She takes far too much blocked damage. My order would be-
    CAIW
    Symbiote Supreme
    Hood
    Morningstar
    She Hulk

• Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★

What are the champions that can beat the Champion with the No retreat node? I have all the mystics but missing CapIW and My SheHulk is r3 and I have android and she is nerfed already. I don't plan on exploring anytime soon because of the No retreat node but I wanted to know who are the best options.

I haven't beaten it yet, but I tried with MS the other day, I made it to 4 prowess before I failed. I think Magik would be able to do it as well. Minimum 3 MD needed.

Capiw is probably just the best option.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Whoever is claiming that the sinister fight is harder than the Champioin is outrageously ridiculous. I beat Mr. Sinister on day when he was buffed up before the nerf with 3 revives. I didn't know there was outrage about the fight at all and was surprised when I went to the forums.

Hyperion has been around since 2016 and most people have him. You can do it with Medusa among others and just throw some revives to beat him. He is no harder than crossbones in 6.1. The champion is a whole other level, the only reason why you all beat him easily is because you watched numerous youtube videos or dueled him 50+ times. Sinister needs no such preparation, lets stop the exaggerations here when it comes to skill and what is actually difficult.

hmm. So what I apprehend from your comment is that the Sinister fight and node were an absolutely doable fight and nothing wrong with it or node and all endgame players are all wrong. (Interesting)

A fight is considered doable when one does not HAVE to bring synergies and most champs are able to do it without revives (skill based). On the contrary if your saying using units and revives is absolutely the Perfect way to go so your writing a new book here my friend.
    No what I'm saying is that the difficulty is not really comparable. You can throw units at the fight and beat it with anyone. You cannot do that with the Champion fight which makes it two totally different levels. Now if you need further explanation than that I can' t help you.

I'm an end game player and there's plenty that agree with me. What are your credentials to pick apart my response? I also didn't say nothing was wrong with it. To me personally it seems like and ordinary bs boss fight.
  • Options
    I never said he was harder; I said you take damage no matter what with 99% of champions you use. It is unavoidable damage and he is damned hard to solo.

Champion takes skill and technique and does not give unavoidable damage.

Whoever is claiming that the sinister fight is harder than the Champioin is outrageously ridiculous. I beat Mr. Sinister on day when he was buffed up before the nerf with 3 revives. I didn't know there was outrage about the fight at all and was surprised when I went to the forums.

Hyperion has been around since 2016 and most people have him. You can do it with Medusa among others and just throw some revives to beat him. He is no harder than crossbones in 6.1. The champion is a whole other level, the only reason why you all beat him easily is because you watched numerous youtube videos or dueled him 50+ times. Sinister needs no such preparation, lets stop the exaggerations here when it comes to skill and what is actually difficult.

• Options
    Enigma50Enigma50 Posts: 55
    I did the Sinister fight using Void and the Hela & Heimdal synergy, without hitting him.
    I just let the debuffs do the work and I hit into his block to push him to his corner.
    It took 3 revives. That was the only way for me.
    Both Sinister and The Champion fight are BS and need to be toned down.
    I sometimes wonder whether I'm playing on a private server because the way Kabam addresses things is ridiculous. They just don't care.
  • Options

If it looks like an ordinary boss fight to you my friend. So it's safe to say that you've been playing the game wrong. We are supposed to clear the fights without units lol. So, definitely I can't win an argument with you :)
    We have different play styles. GL

Unavoidable damage is no different from the Collector fight. It's still a bs fight but no where near the difficulty of the Champion fight. Sinister isn't hard at all it is just the node that made him bs. The Champion fight requires much more than that. I don't think we even disagree here much so I'll leave it at that.

Regardless I'm not doing exploration until I completely finish 6.4 or something changes and I have a feeling something will change. May not be now but at the very least there will be a champion that makes the Champion boss fight easier. Like a mystic champion who can not only nullify his regen but also has perfect block which would make the champion a joke.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,770 ★★★★★
    I agree that both The Sinister and The Champion fights are riddiculous. But comparing one with the other, absolutely The Champion is way more harder due to having less counters, and without those he is basically immortal.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I agree that both The Sinister and The Champion fights are riddiculous. But comparing one with the other, absolutely The Champion is way more harder due to having less counters, and without those he is basically immortal.

Are you sure The champion has less counters? For Sinister you need a poison immune champ that keeps a fury up. This means about 5 or 6. Most of these also require synergies you may not be able to pull from on all paths. These are required hard counters as well, as without the poison and fury you cannot do it at all.

The champion has about the same amount of counters but is a soft counter because without those counters it is still possible, just insanely hard to pull off and requires a bit of luck.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Are you sure The champion has less counters? For Sinister you need a poison immune champ that keeps a fury up. This means about 5 or 6. Most of these also require synergies you may not be able to pull from on all paths. These are required hard counters as well, as without the poison and fury you cannot do it at all.

The champion has about the same amount of counters but is a soft counter because without those counters it is still possible, just insanely hard to pull off and requires a bit of luck.
    Well your partly right. What makes him Godly difficult is the no retreat link when exploring all paths.
    The no retreat node is utter ridiculousness. I don't know how you can justify such a node when the whole fight you have to back up to avoid heavy block damage or him literally being unblockable. Try an unblockable 6 second node with no retreat oh and less add 455k health as well. Instead of shehulk rank down we should've fought Kabam to get that no retreat node removed which I think is more worth the fight.
  • Options
    Agreed here. I hated that one. And had the no damage bug after charges were removed on top of it!!

Lormif said:

Well your partly right. What makes him Godly difficult is the no retreat link when exploring all paths.
    The no retreat node is utter ridiculousness. I don't know how you can justify such a node when the whole fight you have to back up to avoid heavy block damage or him literally being unblockable. Try an unblockable 6 second node with no retreat oh and less add 455k health as well. Instead of shehulk rank down we should've fought Kabam to get that no retreat node removed which I think is more worth the fight.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,062 ★★★★★
    Does anybody know if Loki works for it? Even if unstoppable is passive, with md you should be able to spam sp3 and steal all his buffs, right?
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    His unstoppable isn't passive otherwise capiw and sym wouldn't work either. Know nothing about Loki's efficacy but I do know champ's effects are active
  • Options
    Also just dueled him, and Loki was stealing his unstoppable. So now I only wonder if he will take damage from buff steal as nullify
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,770 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Also just dueled him, and Loki was stealing his unstoppable. So now I only wonder if he will take damage from buff steal as nullify

He shouldn't since you aren't nullifying the buffs. But he is fairly weak in damage output, you will have to intercept a ton and always be ready to fire a special when he is about to get the unstoppable buffs. If Loki is awakened, it helps with gaining enough power for it
  • Options
    Aleor said:

I beat the Champion with Loki, just the last 10% though. He works great because his power gain.
  • Options

Aleor said:

He shouldn't since you aren't nullifying the buffs. But he is fairly weak in damage output, you will have to intercept a ton and always be ready to fire a special when he is about to get the unstoppable buffs. If Loki is awakened, it helps with gaining enough power for it
    With how many buffs he procs, with md active it should be sp3 spam, I guess
  • Options

Aleor said:

I beat the Champion with Loki, just the last 10% though. He works great because his power gain.
    Thanks a lot for your reply. Did you use any synergies like rag Thor/Hela?
  • Options
    Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Toss in Heimdell
  • Options
    Aleor said:

Aleor said:

No but I had MD 5. You really need about MD 3 but I got MD 5 so I would get an SP3 after the Champion throws his special everytime.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,513 ★★★★★
    Just don't understand how Kabam can say they want people to be able to use multiple champions - and then have the no retreat node on Champion that can literally be countered by one champion (formerly two before She Hulk). So basically, wait until you pull CAPIW (maybe never) before 100% Act 6.2. I have yet to see any takedowns of the Champion with no retreat except with CapIW and She Hulk. I'm hoping more videos come out, but definitely won't hold my breath.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

Just don't understand how Kabam can say they want people to be able to use multiple champions - and then have the no retreat node on Champion that can literally be countered by one champion (formerly two before She Hulk). So basically, wait until you pull CAPIW (maybe never) before 100% Act 6.2. I have yet to see any takedowns of the Champion with no retreat except with CapIW and She Hulk. I'm hoping more videos come out, but definitely won't hold my breath.

Don't have a vid, but did just complete 6.2 100%. Morningstar (with MD) works, as the 50% perfect block and chance to health steal (big on sp2) make her a decent candidate.
This discussion has been closed.