**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Comboing into a Heavy Attack with Wasp [Title edited for clarity]

Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
edited September 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
I noticed that few times since the last update in arena and I didn’t gave it enough attention but today in AW I used wasp against Heimdall on node 41 (nothing special like stun immune on that node) and in couple of my 2-3 hits combo follow with heavy the heavy didn’t stun him and I got countered. It worked few time in the same fight but the two that failed was enough to die.
Am I missing anything with wasp/Heimdall interaction or is it a bug?

iPhone X
iOS 12.4.1
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    This is why I said “maybe bugged” because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. (Even in the same fight)
    Maybe a timing issue
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Carmel1 said:

This is why I said “maybe bugged” because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. (Even in the same fight)
    Maybe a timing issue

yeah I haven't seen it happening before this update (but that might just because I don't play my wasp that much).
    But yeah I'd say it's probs a timing issue. I have half a feeling it might be a carry-on problem as a result of the fix to She-Hulk. Maybe just extend the amount of time your character has to wait between a combo hit and a heavy. That'd explain why Wasp is doing what she's doing; the timing being so tight that it's no longer anywhere near consistent.
  • TomTakerTomTaker Posts: 29
    Not just you. All day yesterday my Wasp did the same thing in AQ. Did arena this morning and she did it there. This needs to be fixed asap! That is one of her great features and with low health I rely on her heavy in AQ.
    Ok, so at least now I know it’s not just me.
    They are trying to fix the 100% heavies issue of other champs and by doing that they broke someone that should be able to 100% land heavy by definition.
    She rely on her heavies a lot. Can’t use her without heavies.
    Hope for a fix soon before AW season start.

Side note: the last update made a huge mess. So many bugs found and not a lot of response from the team.
    Can’t track what is under Investigation, what is confirmed, what is not bug etc.
    Here a link with a video
    First combo-heavy worked
    Second combo-heavy didn’t

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4se98azFQNY
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I've noticed it on occasion, but haven't really nailed down the cause yet. I don't have enough test cases (yet) to rule out my own fat fingers .. :)

But I am strongly suspicious ... ;)
  • NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    It can be a bug, that's for sure, but just wanted to let you know that it has been stated that Wasp's passive stun works fine on a debuff immune node, but it should never work on a stun immune.

It can be a bug, that's for sure, but just wanted to let you know that it has been stated that Wasp's passive stun works fine on a debuff immune node, but it should never work on a stun immune.

it's been happening everywhere. I was using her as part of my team to get through some of the Time After Time quests and this problem has been occurring. Stun Immunity or Debuff Immunity has nothing to do with it.
    Nice thing to know though. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    This has happened to me a fair bit recently in ROL. I feel like the timing is oddly precise sometimes. No stated in her abilities that it has to be that quick - *cough* @Kabam Miike *cough*
    Carmel1 said:
    have been watching that video a bit. Yeah it seems like it's a timing thing.
    You were charging the heavy immediately after that first hit in both cases, right?
    @Mathking13 yes, right away.
    You can see the heavy animation start but without triggering the passive stun

@NightMonkey Yeah, I know about the stun immune / debuff immune interaction. This is why I show in the beginning of the video that there is no stun immune node or any other node.

I used her a lot, especially last month in the sinister lab against the “this defender get 200% damage under the effect of stun” and she worked perfectly until the last update.

I have a bad feeling that is going to be one of these bugs that kabam keep ignoring.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Carmel1 said:

I noticed that few times since the last update in arena and I didn’t gave it enough attention but today in AW I used wasp against Heimdall on node 41 (nothing special like stun immune on that node) and in couple of my 2-3 hits combo follow with heavy the heavy didn’t stun him and I got countered. It worked few time in the same fight but the two that failed was enough to die.

iPhone X
    iOS 12.4.1

Mine doesnt work at all, same with quake, Its delaying the heavy charge ever so slightly so with quake if u miss a parry u get smacked before your heavy starts charging again and with wasp it just doesnt register her passive stun at all. Really sucks.

Carmel1 said:

iPhone X
    iOS 12.4.1

Mine doesnt work at all, same with quake, Its delaying the heavy charge ever so slightly so with quake if u miss a parry u get smacked before your heavy starts charging again and with wasp it just doesnt register her passive stun at all. Really sucks.
    I suppose that supports my theory that it's a timing issue, then.
    dang... this whole she-hulk fix thing is breaking the game, isn't it? Why couldn't they just give her a new two-hit heavy or something?
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    edited September 2019
    wasps light attack into heavy combo has not been working correctly. the stun shows up but they still back up and the heavy attack misses. it happened to me a few times recently. the last one was in map4 aq against captain america. i use wasp quite regularly and would really like to see this fixed
    i’m glad you posted me. now i know i’m not the only one. for sure a bug in the game. i use wasp heavily and know it’s not a timing issue. the stun pops up on them but they just back out and leave me exposed to get beat on. hope this gets fixed soon.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    No I play wasp fairly regularly and I've noticed this too.
    She doesn't stun the opponent sometimes..
    i messed up and took her on an alliance quest yesterday knowing it was an issue. i payed heavily for it. heavy didn’t work and i got crushed be a special. cost me a revive
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265
    edited September 2019
    mybe I'm wrong but reading the Abilities I think you need to chain the heavy to a Basic attack combo.
    whatcing the video: the first heavy was correctly chained to a combo sequence starting with 2 basic attacks.
    the second Heavy was chained to a single basic attack. a single basic attack is not considered a combo I presume.
    So, in order to speak of a combo the minimum basic attacks before the heavy, should be 2, not just one. AND no more then 4 basic attack can be done in order to have the desired effect (5 basic attacks are considered a full finished combo so the heavy is not chained to a combo).
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

mybe I'm wrong but reading the Abilities I think you need to chain the heavy to a Basic attack combo.
    whatcing the video: the first heavy was correctly chained to a combo sequence starting with 2 basic attacks.
    the second Heavy was chained to a single basic attack. a single basic attack is not considered a combo I presume.
    So, in order to speak of a combo the minimum basic attacks before the heavy, should be 2, not just one. AND no more then 4 basic attack can be done in order to have the desired effect (5 basic attacks are considered a full finished combo so the heavy is not chained to a combo).

You can chain a heavy from any hit other than a special or combo ending attack. This includes a single medium or light. That being said, I use wasp a lot every day and I haven’t had any trouble chaining into her heavy. She’s one of my main characters for the majority of content so I’ve used her in a lot of different areas of the game recently but nothing like that has been happening to me personally.
  • We've passed the information along to the rest of the team to look into the report. For those who haven't already, could you please provide the full details requested in the forum bug report template, including a video if you have it?
  • If possible, could you also include information on what happened leading up to this issue, including how many hits you had in the preceding combo and and what kind of attacks they were?
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    I've had it happen on any hit in the combo. Medium heavy works, Medium Light Light Heavy works, etc., USUALLY. I've had all different variations fail. High combo, low combo. I haven't seen any variables; just random fails. I think the timing may be more precise than it has been.
    edited September 2019
    Device: 4th Generation iPad

Device OS: iOS 10.(newest)

Cellular or WiFi: Wifi

Game Version Installed: 24.2.1

Game Mode: Story quests. Have not tested in alliance gamemodes or arena due to the impact of this bug (getting comboed more often than usual)
    Champions Affected: Wasp. Mine is at 4/40, sig ~40 (but sig level shouldn't matter)

Active Boosts: None, but those shouldn't have an impact

Description of the Issue: Wasp is supposed to inflict a Passive Stun when she charges a heavy attack in the middle of her combo. This effect does not trigger consistently as of v24.2, leading to the opponent being able to punish my heavy attack. (I have a feeling that this MIGHT be a result of the fix for She-Hulk and other champs who could heavy from their combo. see some of my above contributions to this forum thread to see my theory)

also thankyou for finally responding to this thread. It's great to know officially that you guys know about it and are looking into it now. (also please make a bug board so we can see what bugs are being worked on and stuff of that nature...)
    device: iphone 7 plus

ios: 11.4.1

wifi

latest game version

no boosts

game node: every mode available vs any defender

issue: passive stun does not stun. icon shows up but defending champ does not receive a stun. i attack mllh or lllh. the issue happens either way. defender either backs away from the heavy attack or intercepts it. when issue happens i take significant damage each time from the defender and lose at least a quarter of wasps health.

i rely on wasp heavily for her synergies with my other hero’s and use her in every lineup. i’ve been forced to use unnecessary potions in wars and quests because of this bug to finish my lines.
  • BissicoBissico Posts: 7
    Any news yet?
    Bissico said:

Any news yet?

apart from Zibiit coming and asking that we put our bug reports into their predesignated template (which I can very much understand; it'd save them a fair bit of time compared to having to read through the posts of people who have a myriad of ways of expressing themselves), no we haven't. Fingers crossed that they are able to fix it with next month's update.

I have a question. Info says that whenever wasp shrinks down, her next 2 hits are guaranteed crits. She shrinks down once with her sp1 and she indeed deals 2 critical hits after that. Same thing with evasion. But I noticed that her Heavy hit makes her shrink 2 times. So I thought that she should deal one extra critical hit after her last kick of the heavy, since she only dealt one of the 2 guaranteed crits. I'm making a video to show it. I don't know if this is a new issue, I should just check an old gameplay of her to check this stuff.
    (mentions Kabam Zibiit) "

*cough* tagging mods is against the forum ToS... just saying
    but I've never seen that problem. Did she shrink both times before her first hit, or was the second 'shrink' between the two hits of her heavy?
    and yeah a video of that behaviour would be very helpful.
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265

You can chain a heavy from any hit other than a special or combo ending attack. This includes a single medium or light. That being said, I use wasp a lot every day and I haven’t had any trouble chaining into her heavy. She’s one of my main characters for the majority of content so I’ve used her in a lot of different areas of the game recently but nothing like that has been happening to me personally.

Cheked again and I was wrong indeed.
  • Hey there, we've passed along the additional information everyone has provided. If anyone has further videos or information, you can post them using the template and we will pass it along as well.

Additionally, please keep in mind that this thread is for those who believe they are having trouble transitioning from a regular combo into a heavy attack. If you have separate issues to report, they'll need to be in a separate thread.
    it’s not a problem of transitioning from light to heavy. it’s the passive stun either works or it doesn’t