**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Evading Aarkus sp2

ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
Has anyone found a reliable way of fully evading aarkus sp2, including timings and which parts to evade? wanna prepare for the time we face him on unblockable sp2 node. And no, baiting out sp1 doesn't count.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    Besides those evade champs like sparky or NC I think you just to eat that damage. Power control capabilities work too. It will be a pain on unb sp2. Same with Heimdall since you can't avoid it
  • DonrefreDonrefre Posts: 124 ★★
    It seems that is possible to evade the majority of aarkus sp2 even if you are probably going to take some damage. Personally I’m not a big fan of special attacks with such long animations like darkhawk sp1 or Annihilus sp2 but it is what it is 😅
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I haven't tried purposefully dodging his SP2 much since I usually just bait the SP1, but I have managed to fully Dex it a couple of times out of sheer luck. The timing sort of feels like AVs SP1 if you can fully Dex that.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

I haven't tried purposefully dodging his SP2 much since I usually just bait the SP1, but I have managed to fully Dex it a couple of times out of sheer luck. The timing sort of feels like AVs SP1 if you can fully Dex that.

The difference is that for agent venom sp1 it has both a physical and a projectile component. So we can evade the physical part and block the projectile part safely. But it appears that aarkus sp2 is entirely projectile similar to human torch sp1. So we have to evade the entire thing or get hit.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

The difference is that for agent venom sp1 it has both a physical and a projectile component. So we can evade the physical part and block the projectile part safely. But it appears that aarkus sp2 is entirely projectile similar to human torch sp1. So we have to evade the entire thing or get hit.
    My point was that the swiping back timing is the same as AVs SP1, not that they're the same type of damage or ability to be blocked. You can fully evade them both, projectiles and all, with a similar timing of swipes.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Besides those evade champs like sparky or NC I think you just to eat that damage. Power control capabilities work too. It will be a pain on unb sp2. Same with Heimdall since you can't avoid it

Aarkus is partially anti-power control. You just have to eat it.